|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rose's father say that seeing her "official" birthplace makes him feel?
(b) Brings back fond memories.
(c) Brings a tear to his eye.
2. What city is mentioned on a billboard as Rose and her family drive to Awago Beach?
3. Who showed the movie Rose mentions on page 72 at a birthday party?
4. What sound is heard as Rose is carried up the driveway?
(a) Wind blowing in the trees.
(b) Crunch, crunch.
(d) Cracking of twigs.
5. Where do the Wallace's get the pie they eat on page 93?
(a) Woman down the road.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) Windy's mom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the best foods to take with you in a floatie?
2. What name does Rose write on page 75 when the girls play a game?
3. As the Wallace family enters Awago Beach, for whom does a sign say to vote?
4. What does Windy buy at Brewster's?
5. Who pretends to be a shark and knocks Windy out of a floatie on page 115?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Windy and Rose do after playing a game on page 75?
2. How does Rose get to Windy's house and what does she do on the way?
3. What do Windy and Rose decide to do in this section (pages 1-65) of the novel?
4. What game do the girls start to play on page 75, and how is it played?
5. What do Windy and Rose do as the watch their first scary movie together?
6. What do Evan and Alice disagree on when they first arrive at Awago Beach?
7. How did Rose learn to open her eyes under water when she swam, and how did she feel about her new found skill?
8. Why does Evan invite Rose to go down to the beach and look at the stars on page 103?
9. What stores are open in Awago Beach?
10. When Rose and Windy first meet up and catch up, what have they each done so far this summer?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)