• Rose Wallace and her family keep a cottage in Awago Beach, where they vacation every summer.
• Rose cannot remember a time when they didn’t go to Awago Beach for the summer.
• Awago Beach is a small vacation town with a general store named Brewster’s and a pizza restaurant, that is only open two days a week.
• Rose’s father is ready to relax when they arrive at the cabin, but her mom wants to unpack and get situated.
• Rose goes to visit her friend Windy, and her father tells her to return by eight since they’re having a barbecue.
• Rose rides her bicycle to Windy’s, and she finds a pebble that she stops to take with her.
• Rose is a year-and-half older than Windy.
• They met when Rose was five and have been summer friends ever since.
• Windy spends the summer in...
This section contains 2,245 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)