Section I - Chapters 1-5
The following version of this book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Nijkamp, Marieke, This is Where it Ends. Source Books, 2016.
Chapter 1 - Claire
- The novel opens with Claire, a senior, on the track with the rest of her Varsity track team of Opportunity High School.
- It is 10:01, and the team has special allowance to be on the track during the assembly to prepare for the upcoming regional competition.
- Claire is running alongside her best friend Chris who is also a senior and the star of the team.
- The two joke about their principal, Ms. Trenton's assembly speech.
- She always gives the same speech at the start of each semester, and Claire remembers how she practically recited it word for word to her little brother Matt, a freshman, over breakfast.
Chapter 2 -Claire
- While Claire runs alongside...
This section contains 6,877 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)