|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dennis infuriated when Warren leaves a message for their distributor in act 2?
2. What example does Jessica give Warren about people who forget in life as they grow older?
3. What does Warren ask Jessica permission to do?
4. According to Jessica, who went with Dennis to get the drugs?
5. What record does Warren put on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Warren do when Jessica first arrives that makes her uncomfortable, and why?
2. What does Dennis tell Warren he did the night before when Warren arrives with coffee, and why it is significant?
3. Compare and contrast Jessica's home life with Warren's and how each is relevant to their life goals.
4. What example does Jessica give about the 1960s that pertains to the present?
5. Why is Jessica's remark about pot being more damaging to the lungs than cigarettes are relevant?
6. Why is Jessica reluctant to get involved with Warren?
7. What happened between Warren and Jessica at the hotel?
8. Why is Jessica so interested in Dennis's parents, and why is it significant?
9. How does Jessica respond to Warren's offer of his grandfather's baseball cap?
10. How does Warren respond to Jessica's question about his father throwing him out of the house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two characters and identify their dreams and aspirations. What are their life goals? How are they working toward them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of language in the play.
1) The use of informal and formal words to create a mood.
2) The connection between language and character in dialogue and descriptions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of alienation in the play. How are Warren and Dennis alienated from themselves and society and why?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)