|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Dennis, Warren broke his losing streak with ____________.
2. According to Warren, his grandfather was what when he was young?
3. What does Jessica try to give back to Warren before she leaves?
4. What does Dennis tell Warren he got from Stuey?
5. How old is Jessica?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened the night before when Valerie saw her broken sculpture, and how does Dennis feel about it?
2. How does Dennis respond to Valerie when she calls on the phone?
3. Describe Warren's family.
4. Why is Jessica reluctant to get involved with Warren?
5. Describe Jessica and her relationship with Warren.
6. Why is Jessica so interested in Dennis's parents, and why is it significant?
7. What example does Jessica give about the 1960s that pertains to the present?
8. Why does Warren offer his grandfather's baseball cap to Jessica?
9. What do Dennis and Warren agree to about replacing some of the funds Warren stole from his father?
10. What happened between Warren and Jessica at the hotel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the treatment of women.
1) How do Dennis and Warren treat women?
2) Who suffers from the mistreatment of women?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Jessica and Warren's relationship with their relationships with their families.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss death as a major theme in "This Is Our Youth."
1) What is the impact of Warren's sister's death?
2) What is the impact of Stuey's overdose?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)