|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jessica ask Warren about Dennis's father?
2. According to Warren, Jessica told him what after he tried to reassure her?
3. After Dennis comes out of the bathroom, what is he alluding to when he says to Warren and Jessica about their "indulging in anything dastardly"?
4. In act 2, when Jessica comes to the door, what does Dennis remark about her outfit?
5. What is Dennis doing as act 2 opens?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Warren try to reassure Jessica about his feelings for her?
2. How does Jessica respond to Warren's offer of his grandfather's baseball cap?
3. How does Warren respond to Jessica's questions about his sister?
4. Why is Jessica so interested in Dennis's parents, and why is it significant?
5. What is Warren's most prized possession, and what does it reveal about his character?
6. Why can't Jessica go to brunch with Warren, and how is it significant?
7. How does Dennis respond to Valerie when she calls on the phone?
8. What happened between Warren and Jessica at the hotel?
9. Compare and contrast Jessica's home life with Warren's and how each is relevant to their life goals.
10. What happened the night before when Valerie saw her broken sculpture, and how does Dennis feel about it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Jessica and Warren's relationship with their relationships with their families.
Essay Topic 2
Socoal class plays a critical role in Dennis's and Warren's lives and livelihood. What are their class backgrounds? How does their class influence their current behavior? Is their class a burden or gift or both?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Warren's memorabilia from the 1950s and 1960s. What does it mean to him? How does the memorabilia function in the play itself?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)