|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of background do Dennis and Warren have?
2. What part of Manhattan does the play take place in?
3. In what month does the play take place?
4. What year does "This Is Our Youth" take place?
5. When Warren firsts opens his suitcase, how does Dennis respond?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Warren's history with women, according to Dennis?
2. Why does Dennis suggest Warren take the money to their friend Christian's house? What is Warren's response?
3. What is in the backpack Warren shows Dennis, and how is it significant?
4. What are Dennis and Warren discussing as they toss a football, and why is it significant?
5. In the first act of "This Is Our Youth," how do Dennis Ziegler and Warren Straub defy stereotype in terms of their lifestyle and background?
6. How is Warren's appearance significant?
7. After their altercation, what do Warren and Dennis disagree about regarding money?
8. What does Dennis mean when he says he is a "one-man youth culture" and why is it significant?
9. What brings about the brawl between Dennis and Warren?
10. How are Dennis and Warren's ages significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Warren's memorabilia from the 1950s and 1960s. What does it mean to him? How does the memorabilia function in the play itself?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two characters and identify their dreams and aspirations. What are their life goals? How are they working toward them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the resolution of "This Is Our Youth." What conflicts are or are not resolved and why?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)