|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What character type does Dennis represent?
2. What kind of background do Dennis and Warren have?
3. In what month does the play take place?
4. Why does Warren disagree with Dennis about what his father will do regarding the money?
5. What kind of equipment is in Dennis's apartment?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Warren's history with women, according to Dennis?
2. As they converse about Warren's father and the stolen money, what is Dennis'a attitude toward Warren?
3. How are Dennis and Warren's ages significant?
4. What happens to Valerie's clay sculpture, and how is it significant?
5. Why does Dennis suggest Warren take the money to their friend Christian's house? What is Warren's response?
6. What happened to Warren's sister, and how is it significant?
7. After their altercation, what do Warren and Dennis disagree about regarding money?
8. What does Dennis suggest they do with the money Warren has stolen?
9. In the first act of "This Is Our Youth," how do Dennis Ziegler and Warren Straub defy stereotype in terms of their lifestyle and background?
10. What are Dennis and Warren discussing as they toss a football, and why is it significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two characters and identify their dreams and aspirations. What are their life goals? How are they working toward them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Warren's memorabilia from the 1950s and 1960s. What does it mean to him? How does the memorabilia function in the play itself?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the resolution of "This Is Our Youth." What conflicts are or are not resolved and why?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)