|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dennis finally agree to help Warren?
2. What kind of gluel does Warren suggest they use on the damaged object?
3. What does Dennis want to sell in order for them to return a profit so that Warren can return the money?
4. Who has spent most of his or her adolescence in trouble?
5. How do Dennis and Warren make their living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Dennis and Warren's friendship?
2. How does Dennis and Warren's relationship mirror that of Warren and his father's relationship? And what does Warren's attitude toward Dennis reveal about him?
3. What does Dennis mean when he says he is a "one-man youth culture" and why is it significant?
4. How does Dennis respond to Warren's request to stay at his apartment?
5. What brings about the brawl between Dennis and Warren?
6. How are Dennis and Warren's ages significant?
7. What are Dennis and Warren discussing as they toss a football, and why is it significant?
8. What is Warren's history with women, according to Dennis?
9. Why does Warren continue to throw the football after Dennis tells him to put it down?
10. Why does Dennis suggest Warren take the money to their friend Christian's house? What is Warren's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does the title of the play "This Is Our Youth" mean? How does the title influence the tone, characters, and plot of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Jessica and Warren's relationship with their relationships with their families.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of alienation in the play. How are Warren and Dennis alienated from themselves and society and why?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)