|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Warren tells Dennis that he thinks his father will try to __________ or __________ with the money.
2. Why does Valerie hang up on Dennis when she calls?
3. What does the object Warren accidentally break depict?
4. Whom does Warren model his clothing and behavior after?
5. What is Warren convinced about regarding the girl that he likes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Dennis and Warren discussing as they toss a football, and why is it significant?
2. What happens to Valerie's clay sculpture, and how is it significant?
3. What is in the backpack Warren shows Dennis, and how is it significant?
4. What is the nature of Dennis and Warren's friendship?
5. How does Dennis and Warren's relationship mirror that of Warren and his father's relationship? And what does Warren's attitude toward Dennis reveal about him?
6. What does Dennis mean when he says that instead of letting people freak him out, he freaks them out?
7. How are Dennis and Warren's ages significant?
8. What is significant about the memorabilia in Warren's suitcase?
9. How is Warren's appearance significant?
10. What is Dennis's response to Warren's interest in Jessica, and why is it significant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the past as a concept in the play.
1) Identify two important historical events that influence the action in the play.
2) Choose two characters and discuss their relationships with their personal pasts.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss drug use as a major theme.
1) Who consumes drugs in the play?
2) Who suffers because of the consumption of drugs?
3) What are the consequences of drug use for the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of setting in "This Is Our Youth." When and Where does the play take place? What is the significance of the setting?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)