|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Dennis suggest they return to Warren's father after they get back from their trip?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) Five thousand dollars.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
2. Why does Dennis throw a football at Warren's head?
(a) Because Warren kissed his girlfriend.
(b) Because Warren called him names.
(c) Because Warren doesn't listen to him and breaks more things.
(d) Because Warren refuses to leave.
3. In the first act, why does Dennis chide Warren about not selling his stuff?
(a) Because Warren owes him money.
(b) Because Warren never has any money.
(c) Because Warren stole money.
(d) Because Warren lost his money.
4. How old is Warren?
5. Who has spent most of his or her adolescence in trouble?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dennis do with the object that is shattered?
2. In what month does the play take place?
3. What kind of background do Dennis and Warren have?
4. In the first act, why does Warren come close to tears?
5. What happened to Warren's sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Warren's sister, and how is it significant?
2. How does Dennis and Warren's relationship mirror that of Warren and his father's relationship? And what does Warren's attitude toward Dennis reveal about him?
3. What does Warren's father do for a living, and how is it significant?
4. Describe Valerie's clay sculpture and what it may convey in terms of Dennis and Warren's relationship.
5. What is Warren's history with women, according to Dennis?
6. What brings about the brawl between Dennis and Warren?
7. How do Dennis and Warren recover from their altercation, and what does it signify?
8. How is Warren's appearance significant?
9. What is in the backpack Warren shows Dennis, and how is it significant?
10. How does Dennis respond to Warren's asking about Dennis's girlfriend, Valerie, and what does it reveal?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)