|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Warren firsts opens his suitcase, how does Dennis respond?
(a) With mild curiosity.
(b) With disdain.
(c) With disinterest.
(d) With great interest.
2. How does Dennis respond to Warren's theory about who his father thinks stole the money?
(a) Dennis thinks Warren is probably right because his father isn't a moron.
(b) Dennis thinks it's ridiculous because his father isn't a moron.
(c) Dennis thinks it's ridiculous becuase his father is a moron.
(d) Dennis thinks Warren's is probably right because his father is a moron.
3. How old is Dennis?
4. What is the weather like as the play opens?
5. What kind of gluel does Warren suggest they use on the damaged object?
(a) Elmer's glue.
(b) Carpenter's glue.
(c) Super Glue.
(d) Teacher's glue.
6. After the ball that Dennis throws at Warren's head shatters the object, what does Dennis do to Warren?
(a) Grabs him in a headlock and throws him on the floor.
(b) Twists his arm behind his back.
(c) Kicks him in the chest so that he falls down.
(d) Punches him and breaks his nose.
7. What year does "This Is Our Youth" take place?
8. What is the name of the drug dealer Warren tries to call that he can't get a hold of?
9. What does Dennis kick after he's taken care of the object that has shattered?
(a) A can of beer.
(b) Warren's leg.
(c) The football.
(d) One piece of the object.
10. When Valerie calls again after Dennis had hung up on her, what does he do?
(a) Tells her never to call him again.
(b) Blames his mother for snapping.
(c) Hangs up on her again.
(d) Apologizes sincerely and asks forgiveness.
11. What does Dennis tell Warren to set back down in the first act?
(a) The basketball.
(b) The football.
(c) The vase.
(d) The sculpture.
12. What character type does Dennis represent?
(a) A jock.
(b) A bookworm.
(c) A musician.
(d) A dancer.
13. In the first act, what does Dennis tell Warren he can't handle?
14. After Warren shows him the money, where does Dennis suggest they go?
(a) To Florida.
(b) To Italy.
(c) To California.
(d) To France.
15. After Valerie hangs up on Dennis, Dennis tells Warren that instead of letting people freak him out, he __________.
(a) Freaks them out.
(b) Won't give them a chance.
(c) Meditates instead.
(d) Tries to understand them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how much time passes during the course of the play?
2. Why does Dennis throw a football at Warren's head?
3. Why does Dennis want Warren to give back the money in the first act?
4. What kind of equipment is in Dennis's apartment?
5. What shatters when Warren ducks from the ball Dennis throws at his head?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)