|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first act, why does Dennis chide Warren about not selling his stuff?
(a) Because Warren owes him money.
(b) Because Warren never has any money.
(c) Because Warren stole money.
(d) Because Warren lost his money.
2. What kind of prostitutes does Dennis suggest they get?
3. In the first act, what family member does Warren tell Dennis he got into a fight with?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
(c) His brother.
(d) His sister.
4. In the first act, how does Dennis respond to Warren's almost crying?
(a) He leaves the room.
(b) He almost cries too.
(c) He makes fun of him.
(d) He tries to comfort him.
5. What happened to Warren's sister?
(a) She was missing.
(b) She was in jail.
(c) She was murdered.
(d) She was institutionalized.
6. How much money does Warren show Dennis in his backpack?
(a) Ten thousand dollars.
(b) Fifteen hundred dollars.
(c) Fifteen thousand dollars.
(d) Five hundred dollars.
7. From what era does Warren have memorabilia in his suitcase?
(a) 1950s and 1960s.
(b) 1980s and 1990s.
(c) 1930s and 1940s.
(d) 1920s and 1930s.
8. Dennis tells Warren he should thank whom for knowing Dennis?
9. What is the name of the girl Dennis claims likes him?
10. What is Warren convinced about regarding the girl that he likes?
(a) That she has a boyfriend.
(b) That she doesn't like him.
(c) That she likes him.
(d) That she likes Dennis.
11. What part of Manhattan does the play take place in?
(a) Lower East Side.
(b) Upper West Side.
(c) Upper East Side.
(d) Lower West Side.
12. According to Warren, where was his father when he took the money?
(a) In the other room.
(b) At work.
(c) On a business trip.
(d) Out to supper.
13. When Warren firsts opens his suitcase, how does Dennis respond?
(a) With great interest.
(b) With mild curiosity.
(c) With disdain.
(d) With disinterest.
14. What year does "This Is Our Youth" take place?
15. How do Dennis and Warren make their living?
(a) They teach high school.
(b) They sell cars.
(c) They deal drugs.
(d) They are lawyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Warren show Dennis when he first arrives at his apartment?
2. In the first act, Dennis verbally assaults Warren about his idiotic ways and how he never has enough money to do what?
3. In the first act, what does Warren toss to Dennis?
4. As the play opens, who owes money to whom?
5. What shatters when Warren ducks from the ball Dennis throws at his head?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)