|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the first act, whom does Dennis tell Warren he had a fight with?
(a) Dennis's father.
(b) Dennis's girlfriend.
(c) Warren's sister.
(d) Warren's girlfriend.
2. What does Dennis want to sell in order for them to return a profit so that Warren can return the money?
3. Why does Dennis want Warren to give back the money in the first act?
(a) Because he's leaving town.
(b) Because it scares him.
(c) Because he has enough of his own.
(d) Because he respects him.
4. After Valerie hangs up on Dennis, Dennis tells Warren that instead of letting people freak him out, he __________.
(a) Meditates instead.
(b) Tries to understand them.
(c) Freaks them out.
(d) Won't give them a chance.
5. Where does Warren put the object after he breaks it in the first act?
(a) In the closet.
(b) Under the bed.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) Back on the shelf.
6. How do Dennis and Warren make their living?
(a) They teach high school.
(b) They deal drugs.
(c) They sell cars.
(d) They are lawyers.
7. What shatters when Warren ducks from the ball Dennis throws at his head?
(a) The television.
(b) The clay sculpture.
(c) The glass bowl.
(d) The window.
8. According to Dennis, the women is Warren's past were typically _________.
9. What does Warren tell Dennis he was looking for around the house when he found the briefcase on the bed?
(a) Looking for things to lift.
(b) Looking for his backpack.
(c) Looking for his wallet.
(d) Looking for his father.
10. What happened to Warren's sister?
(a) She was institutionalized.
(b) She was murdered.
(c) She was missing.
(d) She was in jail.
11. How does Dennis respond to Warren's theory about who his father thinks stole the money?
(a) Dennis thinks Warren is probably right because his father isn't a moron.
(b) Dennis thinks Warren's is probably right because his father is a moron.
(c) Dennis thinks it's ridiculous because his father isn't a moron.
(d) Dennis thinks it's ridiculous becuase his father is a moron.
12. What time of day is it as the play opens?
13. Approximately how much time passes during the course of the play?
(a) Twenty-four hours.
(b) Twenty-four weeks.
(c) Twenty-four minutes.
(d) Twenty-four days.
14. In the first act, what family member does Warren tell Dennis he got into a fight with?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His brother.
15. In the first act, what does Warren toss to Dennis?
(a) A football.
(b) A volleyball.
(c) A baseball.
(d) A basketball.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dennis finally agree to help Warren?
2. After their brawl, what does Warren suggest they still do in the first act?
3. According to Dennis, what will Warren's father send after him because of the money?
4. What does Warren have with him when he arrives at Dennis's apartment?
5. What does Dennis tell Warren to set back down in the first act?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)