|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Warren put the object after he breaks it in the first act?
(a) In the kitchen.
(b) In the closet.
(c) Under the bed.
(d) Back on the shelf.
2. How old is Warren?
3. What character type does Dennis represent?
(a) A bookworm.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A musician.
(d) A jock.
4. What year does "This Is Our Youth" take place?
5. After the ball that Dennis throws at Warren's head shatters the object, what does Dennis do to Warren?
(a) Punches him and breaks his nose.
(b) Kicks him in the chest so that he falls down.
(c) Twists his arm behind his back.
(d) Grabs him in a headlock and throws him on the floor.
6. In the first act, what does Dennis tell Warren he can't handle?
7. In the first act, what does Warren tell Dennis he will sell in order to afford the prostitutes?
8. In the first act, whom does Dennis tell Warren he had a fight with?
(a) Dennis's girlfriend.
(b) Warren's sister.
(c) Warren's girlfriend.
(d) Dennis's father.
9. Why does Valerie hang up on Dennis when she calls?
(a) Because he hung up on her first.
(b) Because he is rude to her.
(c) Because she has another call.
(d) Because she has the wrong number.
10. In the first act, what does Warren tell Dennis that Warren's father does NOT have?
11. How do Dennis and Warren make their living?
(a) They sell cars.
(b) They deal drugs.
(c) They are lawyers.
(d) They teach high school.
12. What is Warren convinced about regarding the girl that he likes?
(a) That she likes him.
(b) That she likes Dennis.
(c) That she doesn't like him.
(d) That she has a boyfriend.
13. What does Warren tell Dennis he was looking for around the house when he found the briefcase on the bed?
(a) Looking for his father.
(b) Looking for his wallet.
(c) Looking for things to lift.
(d) Looking for his backpack.
14. When Valerie calls again after Dennis had hung up on her, what does he do?
(a) Hangs up on her again.
(b) Apologizes sincerely and asks forgiveness.
(c) Blames his mother for snapping.
(d) Tells her never to call him again.
15. What is the mood between Warren and Dennis as they throw the ball?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of background do Dennis and Warren have?
2. How does Dennis finally agree to help Warren?
3. What does Warren tell Dennis he wants to do with the item he shows Dennis when he first arrives?
4. Warren tells Dennis that he thinks his father will try to __________ or __________ with the money.
5. What does Dennis tell Warren to set back down in the first act?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)