|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Valerie hangs up on Dennis, Dennis tells Warren that instead of letting people freak him out, he __________.
(a) Won't give them a chance.
(b) Tries to understand them.
(c) Meditates instead.
(d) Freaks them out.
2. What is Warren convinced about regarding the girl that he likes?
(a) That she likes Dennis.
(b) That she likes him.
(c) That she doesn't like him.
(d) That she has a boyfriend.
3. In the first act, what does Warren tell Dennis he will sell in order to afford the prostitutes?
4. Why does Dennis want Warren to give back the money in the first act?
(a) Because he's leaving town.
(b) Because it scares him.
(c) Because he respects him.
(d) Because he has enough of his own.
5. When Warren first arrives at Dennis's apartment, how does Dennis respond to Warren's question about what he is doing?
(a) He responds silently.
(b) He responds angrily.
(c) He responds reluctantly.
(d) He responds quickly.
6. What is Dennis doing as the play opens?
(a) Eating dinner.
(c) Reading a magazine.
(d) Watching television.
7. What shatters when Warren ducks from the ball Dennis throws at his head?
(a) The television.
(b) The window.
(c) The glass bowl.
(d) The clay sculpture.
8. As the play opens, who owes money to whom?
(a) Warren owes money to his father.
(b) Warren owes money to Dennis.
(c) Dennis owes money to his girlfriend.
(d) Dennis owes money to Warren.
9. What is the weather like as the play opens?
10. After Warren shows him the money, where does Dennis suggest they go?
(a) To France.
(b) To Italy.
(c) To Florida.
(d) To California.
11. What character type does Dennis represent?
(a) A dancer.
(b) A jock.
(c) A musician.
(d) A bookworm.
12. What does Dennis tell Warren to set back down in the first act?
(a) The football.
(b) The vase.
(c) The basketball.
(d) The sculpture.
13. Whom does Warren model his clothing and behavior after?
(a) A rock star.
(b) His father.
14. Dennis tells Warren he should thank whom for knowing Dennis?
15. Why does Valerie hang up on Dennis when she calls?
(a) Because she has another call.
(b) Because she has the wrong number.
(c) Because he is rude to her.
(d) Because he hung up on her first.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first act, what family member does Warren tell Dennis he got into a fight with?
2. In the first act, who wants to get a hotel suite?
3. From what era does Warren have memorabilia in his suitcase?
4. What is the name of the drug dealer Warren tries to call that he can't get a hold of?
5. What happened to Warren's sister?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)