|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Warren tells Dennis he likes a girl. Who is she?
2. As the play opens, who owes money to whom?
(a) Warren owes money to Dennis.
(b) Dennis owes money to Warren.
(c) Warren owes money to his father.
(d) Dennis owes money to his girlfriend.
3. After their brawl, what does Warren suggest they still do in the first act?
(a) Get prostitutes.
(b) Get a hotel room.
(c) Go out to eat.
(d) Return the money.
4. What does Dennis tell Warren to set back down in the first act?
(a) The basketball.
(b) The vase.
(c) The football.
(d) The sculpture.
5. In the first act, what does Dennis tell Warren he can't handle?
6. What is the mood between Warren and Dennis as they throw the ball?
7. What year does "This Is Our Youth" take place?
8. How much does Dennis suggest they return to Warren's father after they get back from their trip?
(a) One thousand dollars.
(b) Five hundred dollars.
(c) Ten thousand dollars.
(d) Five thousand dollars.
9. Who has spent most of his or her adolescence in trouble?
10. When Valerie calls again after Dennis had hung up on her, what does he do?
(a) Apologizes sincerely and asks forgiveness.
(b) Hangs up on her again.
(c) Tells her never to call him again.
(d) Blames his mother for snapping.
11. Warren tells Dennis that he thinks his father will try to __________ or __________ with the money.
(a) Use it for a bribe; share it.
(b) Spend it; use it for a bribe.
(c) Deposit it; use it for a bribe.
(d) Depost it; share it.
12. In the first act, what does Warren tell Dennis he will sell in order to afford the prostitutes?
13. How does Warren respond to Dennis's request to set the object back down?
(a) He yells at him to leave him alone.
(b) He puts it back down.
(c) He storms out of the apartment.
(d) He tosses it anyway.
14. According to Dennis, he is providing what kind of memories to all of his friends?
15. Dennis tells Warren he should thank whom for knowing Dennis?
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Dennis and Warren make their living?
2. What part of Manhattan does the play take place in?
3. Why does Dennis throw a football at Warren's head?
4. According to Warren, where was his father when he took the money?
5. How does Warren respond to Dennis's suggestion that they return some of the money to his father?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)