|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how much time passes during the course of the play?
(a) Twenty-four minutes.
(b) Twenty-four weeks.
(c) Twenty-four days.
(d) Twenty-four hours.
2. What character type does Dennis represent?
(a) A bookworm.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A jock.
(d) A musician.
3. When Warren first arrives at Dennis's apartment, how does Dennis respond to Warren's question about what he is doing?
(a) He responds silently.
(b) He responds angrily.
(c) He responds quickly.
(d) He responds reluctantly.
4. According to Dennis, what will Warren's father send after him because of the money?
(a) His bills.
(b) Large men.
(c) A check.
(d) His belongings.
5. After Warren shows him the money, where does Dennis suggest they go?
(a) To Florida.
(b) To France.
(c) To California.
(d) To Italy.
6. In the first act, Dennis tells Warren he is a "one-man _______________."
(a) Youth culture.
(b) Super force.
(c) Youth force.
(d) Super culture.
7. How does Dennis finally agree to help Warren?
(a) He agrees to help him give the money back.
(b) He helps him to deposit the money in the bank.
(c) He tells him he'll get a hotel room.
(d) He lets him stay until Monday.
8. Who pays Dennis's rent?
(b) His sister.
(d) His parents.
9. Warren thinks his father will assume that ______ or ________stole the money.
(a) The maid; his girlfriend.
(b) Warren; his girlfriend.
(c) One of his cohorts; his girlfriend.
(d) One of his cohorts; the maid.
10. What does Warren accidentally break when he tosses the ball back to Dennis?
(a) A clay sculpture.
(b) A copper vase.
(c) A glass bowl.
(d) A wood picture.
11. Warren tells Dennis he likes a girl. Who is she?
12. What year does "This Is Our Youth" take place?
13. What does Dennis tell Warren about the girl that Warren likes?
(a) That she is out of his league.
(b) That she already has a boyfriend.
(c) That Dennis likes her too.
(d) That she has left for college.
14. After Valerie hangs up on Dennis, Dennis tells Warren that instead of letting people freak him out, he __________.
(a) Tries to understand them.
(b) Won't give them a chance.
(c) Freaks them out.
(d) Meditates instead.
15. What is the weather like as the play opens?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the first act, who wants to get a hotel suite?
2. How does Warren respond to Dennis's suggestion that they return some of the money to his father?
3. In the first act, why does Dennis chide Warren about not selling his stuff?
4. What is Warren convinced about regarding the girl that he likes?
5. How much does Dennis suggest they return to Warren's father after they get back from their trip?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)