Act 1, Pages 6 - 12
• The play is set in 1982 on Manhattan's Upper West on a late night in March over the course of approximately twenty-four hours.
• The two main characters are Dennis Ziegler, twenty-one, and his friend Warren Straub, nineteen.
• The setting of the play takes place in Dennis's apartment. There is sports equipment everywhere. As the play begins Dennis, who is described as a jock, is watching television He is confident, charismatic, fanatical, and bullying.
• Dennis is watching television when Warren arrives unexpectedly with a suitcase and backpack.
• Warren is described as modeling his fashion and behavior after Dennis's. He has also spent most of his adolescence in trouble.
• Warren asks what Dennis he is doing, but he doesn't answer right away.
• Warren shows Dennis some pot he purchased. Warren says he's saving it, but Dennis begins crumbling it and yells at Warren to get rolling papers and...
This section contains 2,276 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)