|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Angus linger before he died?
2. Before Ivan's grandmother came back into his life, how many different places had he lived with his father?
3. What was the diagnosis for Charlie's illness?
4. Where would Ivan have a layover when he took the train to and from Northwestern?
5. How far was the new ranch that McGrath was leasing from the Camas ranch?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Charlie almost shoot a man one day on the reservation range?
2. What determined the distance that was traveled each day as the sheep were herded to the reservation range?
3. What did Harold Chadwick do?
4. Describe the house on the Jensen ranch.
5. Describe the place where Ivan and other financial-aid students lived.
6. What happened when Charlie took a vocabulary test his second week of high school in Valier?
7. What was Ivan's pattern of life while he was in White Sulphur Springs and Bessie and Charlie were on the Camas ranch?
8. What was jacketing?
9. What was McGrath's philosophy about hiring hands?
10. How did Charlie settle Ivan and Bessie down after McGrath tore into them for letting sheep die during Charlie's absence?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the way that Ivan and his father adjusted to the death of Berneta.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether it was as difficult for Bessie to say goodbye to Charlie when he died as it was difficult for her to come and live with him and Ivan. Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the meaning of the title of the book This House of Sky.
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)