|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When were the sheep sheared when they were on the reservation range?
2. Who lived in a ranch colony beyond the second ridgeline to the south of the Jensen ranch?
3. What other brother of Charlie's was injured by a horse?
4. When was it first noticed that Charlie was having breathing problems?
5. What was the name of the reservation where the sheep were going to pasture?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the house on the Jensen ranch.
2. What determined the distance that was traveled each day as the sheep were herded to the reservation range?
3. What happened when Charlie took a vocabulary test his second week of high school in Valier?
4. What did a sheepwagon look like?
5. What was wrong with the sheep when Charlie was off fencing?
6. What would Ivan do when he had a layover during the train trip to and from Northwestern?
7. If Charlie and Bessie parted ways, why would Ivan choose to live with his father?
8. Describe Dupuyer.
9. What did Ivan decide to do about college?
10. What did Ivan make to help with herding the sheep to the reservation range?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Ivan's Doig ancestors and his mother's ancestors. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast McGrath's style of managing men with Charlie's style of managing men.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the marriages of Bessie and Tom, Charlie and Berneta, Charlie and Ruth, and Ivan and Carol. Use examples from This House of Sky.
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)