Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far was the new ranch that McGrath was leasing from the Camas ranch?
2. What flocks of birds did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan see when they were on the reservation range?
3. How many days of the year did Gertie Chadwick keep her cafe open?
4. Where would Ivan have a layover when he took the train to and from Northwestern?
5. What had one of Ivan's cousins gone to college to learn?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what the Stockman and other bars meant to Charlie and his friends and how the place helped the men cope with the problems in their lives.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether it was as difficult for Bessie to say goodbye to Charlie when he died as it was difficult for her to come and live with him and Ivan. Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Ivan's Doig ancestors and his mother's ancestors. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)