|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During the second summer herding sheep on the reservation range, how long did it take to move the sheep four miles during a freak July storm?
2. How did Ivan get to the place where he got a job his second summer of hiring out?
3. What river carved the southern boundary of the grazing land for the sheep on the reservation?
4. How many men did Charlie hire for the hay harvest at the Camas?
5. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ivan's first room of his own like at college?
2. What happened that made Ivan decide he never wanted anything to do with sheep again during the second summer of herding the sheep on the reservation range?
3. How would Ivan and Bessie try to save the sheep when they were plagued with ticks?
4. When were the first indications that Charlie was sick?
5. What happened when Charlie took a vocabulary test his second week of high school in Valier?
6. What was Ivan's pattern of life while he was in White Sulphur Springs and Bessie and Charlie were on the Camas ranch?
7. What was it like sharing the trailer house when Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan were on the reservation range?
8. What did Ivan make to help with herding the sheep to the reservation range?
9. How did Mrs. Tidyman die?
10. Describe McGrath.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the meaning of the title of the book This House of Sky.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss why to Ivan his high school years were a regiment of calm rather than the torchlit, raucous time that many high schoolers experience. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast McGrath's hired hands Mickey and Rudy. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)