|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the year and a half after Ivan left Ringling, how many different places did he live?
2. Which classmate of Ivan's filmed a baseball instructional film at Wrigley Field?
3. What instrument could Rudy play?
4. During Ivan's first job on his own, what did the hale bays weigh that he had to pile onto a moving truck?
5. How many children did Mrs. Tidyman have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mrs. Tidyman die?
2. Describe the place where Ivan and other financial-aid students lived.
3. Describe Dupuyer.
4. What happened when Charlie took a vocabulary test his second week of high school in Valier?
5. What was McGrath's philosophy about hiring hands?
6. How did Charlie settle Ivan and Bessie down after McGrath tore into them for letting sheep die during Charlie's absence?
7. What did a sheepwagon look like?
8. Describe McGrath.
9. What was Ivan's pattern of life while he was in White Sulphur Springs and Bessie and Charlie were on the Camas ranch?
10. What was wrong with the sheep when Charlie was off fencing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the roles that Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan played changed over the years, and how Ivan became, in a sense, the parent. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the meaning of the title of the book This House of Sky.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the marriages of Bessie and Tom, Charlie and Berneta, Charlie and Ruth, and Ivan and Carol. Use examples from This House of Sky.
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)