|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Ivan marry Carol Muller?
2. What instrument could Rudy play?
3. How many new students were there at Ivan's new high school?
4. Who was Ivan's advisor in the school of journalism?
5. Which dog learned to retrieve what Charlie and Ivan would shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ivan pitch from the mound at Wrigley Field?
2. What did Ivan do the year after graduating from college?
3. What was Bessie's last day like?
4. What did Harold Chadwick do?
5. How would Ivan and Bessie try to save the sheep when they were plagued with ticks?
6. What would Ivan do when he had a layover during the train trip to and from Northwestern?
7. What was it like sharing the trailer house when Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan were on the reservation range?
8. Describe Dupuyer.
9. If Charlie and Bessie parted ways, why would Ivan choose to live with his father?
10. What was Ivan's first room of his own like at college?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast McGrath's style of managing men with Charlie's style of managing men.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Ivan's Doig ancestors and his mother's ancestors. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the marriages of Bessie and Tom, Charlie and Berneta, Charlie and Ruth, and Ivan and Carol. Use examples from This House of Sky.
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)