|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Angus linger before he died?
2. What was the name of the Chadwicks' son?
3. Where would Ivan have a layover when he took the train to and from Northwestern?
4. As Ivan drove himself and Bessie back to the reservation range after a week away, how many years did he realize that he, Charlie, and Bessie had managed to stay together?
5. How many men had stayed working as crew with McGrath through the years?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Charlie settle Ivan and Bessie down after McGrath tore into them for letting sheep die during Charlie's absence?
2. What did Ivan decide to do about college?
3. What did Ivan make to help with herding the sheep to the reservation range?
4. What determined the distance that was traveled each day as the sheep were herded to the reservation range?
5. What was wrong with the sheep when Charlie was off fencing?
6. What did a sheepwagon look like?
7. What would Ivan do when he had a layover during the train trip to and from Northwestern?
8. What was Bessie's last day like?
9. What was Ivan's pattern of life while he was in White Sulphur Springs and Bessie and Charlie were on the Camas ranch?
10. What happened when Charlie took a vocabulary test his second week of high school in Valier?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why to Ivan his high school years were a regiment of calm rather than the torchlit, raucous time that many high schoolers experience. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Ivan's Doig ancestors and his mother's ancestors. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Ivan's relationship with his grandmother. Use examples from the book.
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)