|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Ivan finish his first year of college?
2. What would Charlie and Ivan shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
3. What work did Charlie and Bessie do in Dupuyer during Ivan's last year of high school?
4. What project did McGrath want Charlie to do shortly after the sheep were settled on the grass at the reservation?
5. How long did it take by train to get from Montana to Chicago?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Charlie settle Ivan and Bessie down after McGrath tore into them for letting sheep die during Charlie's absence?
2. Why did Charlie leave Bessie and Ivan alone to herd the sheep?
3. What was McGrath's philosophy about hiring hands?
4. When were the first indications that Charlie was sick?
5. Why did Ivan pitch from the mound at Wrigley Field?
6. What did Ivan decide to do about college?
7. What happened that made Ivan decide he never wanted anything to do with sheep again during the second summer of herding the sheep on the reservation range?
8. What does Ivan imagine Charlie and Bessie doing as he and Carol go about their days together?
9. Why did Charlie almost shoot a man one day on the reservation range?
10. What did a sheepwagon look like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what Charlie meant when he said, "As the fellow says, a fool and his money are soon parted, but ye can't even get introduced around here." Use examples from Charlie's and Ivan's lives.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Ivan's relationship with his grandmother. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from This House of Sky, discuss Ivan's relationship with his father.
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)