|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many of Bessie's children lived in White Sulphur?
2. What was the name of the place where Ivan and the other financial-aid students stayed?
3. As Ivan drove himself and Bessie back to the reservation range after a week away, how many years did he realize that he, Charlie, and Bessie had managed to stay together?
4. Where was the high school located that Ivan attended when his father moved to the new leased ranch?
5. A crew member was hired by McGrath who had to sober up. Where was he from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ivan make to help with herding the sheep to the reservation range?
2. Why did Charlie almost shoot a man one day on the reservation range?
3. Describe the house on the Jensen ranch.
4. What did Ivan decide to do about college?
5. What was Ivan's pattern of life while he was in White Sulphur Springs and Bessie and Charlie were on the Camas ranch?
6. How did Mrs. Tidyman die?
7. What happened that made Ivan decide he never wanted anything to do with sheep again during the second summer of herding the sheep on the reservation range?
8. What was Bessie's last day like?
9. What does Ivan imagine Charlie and Bessie doing as he and Carol go about their days together?
10. What did a sheepwagon look like?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the meaning of the title of the book This House of Sky.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss what the Stockman and other bars meant to Charlie and his friends and how the place helped the men cope with the problems in their lives.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss what Charlie meant when he said, "As the fellow says, a fool and his money are soon parted, but ye can't even get introduced around here." Use examples from Charlie's and Ivan's lives.
This section contains 1,111 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)