|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the restaurant that Charlie and Ruth ran together?
2. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
3. How many times did Ivan's parents move camp the summer that they were married?
4. What would come for Ivan in the mail with the camptender?
5. Where did Bessie's family come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wouldn't Charlie and Ruth end their marriage?
2. What did Ivan look like as a boy?
3. What two sides were there to Charlie Doig?
4. Why did Charlie decide to ask Bessie to help him with Ivan?
5. What business did Charlie and Ruth run together?
6. Why would Ivan's father work for McGrath?
7. What did a forest ranger say about Ivan's mother?
8. Why were the clockless mountain summers over for Charlie Doig when Berneta had died?
9. Can Ivan see the sickness to come in the photos of his mother?
10. Why did Bessie marry Tom Ringer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the meaning of the title of the book This House of Sky.
Essay Topic 2
Argue whether it was as difficult for Bessie to say goodbye to Charlie when he died as it was difficult for her to come and live with him and Ivan. Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
Essay Topic 3
Using examples from the book, compare and contrast the different places that Charlie and Ivan lived.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)