|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Ivan's hair as a boy?
2. What months did Ivan and his parents live in the cabin mentioned in "Time Since."
3. Who brought Charlie and Ivan to live with his family after Berneta's funeral?
4. How old was Bessie when she and Tom moved to Montana?
5. What creek can be heard from the cabin where Ivan and his parents lived?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ivan's father as he looked in Ivan's photo album.
2. Describe where Ivan lived with his parents when he was six.
3. Why wouldn't Charlie and Ruth end their marriage?
4. Why would Ivan's father work for McGrath?
5. What happened on Ivan's sixth birthday?
6. Why did Charlie decide to ask Bessie to help him with Ivan?
7. What two sides were there to Charlie Doig?
8. Who asked Charlie and Ivan to move in with him so Ivan could start school?
9. Why did Ivan's father and Cliff decide to leave an outfit?
10. Why were the clockless mountain summers over for Charlie Doig when Berneta had died?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the way that Ivan and his father adjusted to the death of Berneta.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role that the land played in people's lives in the book. Use examples from This House of Sky.
Essay Topic 3
Argue whether it was as difficult for Bessie to say goodbye to Charlie when he died as it was difficult for her to come and live with him and Ivan. Use examples from the book to support your arguments.
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)