Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the camptender bring when he came out to the Doig's cabin?
2. When Ivan was in first grade, what color hair did the classmate have that Ivan had met before?
3. When did Ivan's grandfather come to the United States?
4. What was the name of the ranch where Tom and Bessie found work?
5. How many times did Ivan's parents move camp the summer that they were married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it like sharing the trailer house when Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan were on the reservation range?
2. What is the one thing that Ivan cannot remember about his mother?
3. Where did Ivan and his parents go during the last winter of World War II?
4. What was boarding out?
5. What was Ivan's first room of his own like at college?
6. What did Ivan decide to do about college?
7. What was jacketing?
8. Why did Bessie marry Tom Ringer?
9. When were the first indications that Charlie was sick?
10. What business did Charlie and Ruth run together?
Discuss what Charlie meant when he said, "As the fellow says, a fool and his money are soon parted, but ye can't even get introduced around here." Use examples from Charlie's and Ivan's lives.
Compare and contrast the marriages of Bessie and Tom, Charlie and Berneta, Charlie and Ruth, and Ivan and Carol. Use examples from This House of Sky.
Discuss the meaning of the title of the book This House of Sky.
This section contains 875 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)