|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Berneta when Tom and Bessie moved to Montana?
2. How many Doigs are known to have gone off to the United States?
3. When was the Old Auditorium built in White Sulphur Springs?
4. During what decade did settlers first come into Ivan's area of Montana?
5. How old was Ivan when his mother died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were the clockless mountain summers over for Charlie Doig when Berneta had died?
2. Describe Thomas Ringer.
3. What was Ivan's pattern of life while he was in White Sulphur Springs and Bessie and Charlie were on the Camas ranch?
4. What was Ivan's first room of his own like at college?
5. Why did Ivan's father and Cliff decide to leave an outfit?
6. What two sides were there to Charlie Doig?
7. How would Ivan and Bessie try to save the sheep when they were plagued with ticks?
8. Who asked Charlie and Ivan to move in with him so Ivan could start school?
9. Describe Dupuyer.
10. What was boarding out?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss why to Ivan his high school years were a regiment of calm rather than the torchlit, raucous time that many high schoolers experience. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how first Charlie and then Charlie and Bessie made a family for Ivan. Use examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the way that Ivan and his father adjusted to the death of Berneta.
This section contains 1,195 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)