|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Ivan's first job on his own, what did the hale bays weigh that he had to pile onto a moving truck?
(a) 75 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 80 pounds.
(d) 50 pounds.
2. When did Charlie learn what was causing his shortness of breath?
3. Who was Ivan's advisor in the school of journalism?
(a) Ben Baldwin.
(b) Peter Manson.
(c) Jon Whittack.
(d) Quinton Wyatt.
4. Where were Charlie and Bessie working when Ivan came home his second summer?
(a) Higgins Ranch.
(b) Camas Ranch.
(c) Jensen Ranch.
(d) McTaggert Ranch.
5. How long did it take by train to get from Montana to Chicago?
(a) 32 hours.
(b) 29 hours.
(c) 26 hours.
(d) 40 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument could Rudy play?
2. When would lambing season begin?
3. How far was the reservation range from Dupuyer?
4. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
5. During Ivan's second summer of hiring out, what was the name of the boss's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was McGrath's philosophy about hiring hands?
2. What did Ivan decide to do about college?
3. What was it like sharing the trailer house when Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan were on the reservation range?
4. Why did Charlie leave Bessie and Ivan alone to herd the sheep?
5. When were the first indications that Charlie was sick?
6. What was wrong with the sheep when Charlie was off fencing?
7. What did a sheepwagon look like?
8. What was jacketing?
9. What did Ivan do the year after graduating from college?
10. What would Ivan do when he had a layover during the train trip to and from Northwestern?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)