|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was it first noticed that Charlie was having breathing problems?
2. A crew member was hired by McGrath who had to sober up. Where was he from?
3. Where did Bessie spend the Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range?
(a) White Sulphur Springs.
4. During Ivan's second summer of hiring out, what was the name of the boss's son?
5. What was the single room called that Ivan qualified for when he was in college?
(a) The Box.
(b) The Closet.
(c) The Broom closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acres was the Jensen ranch?
2. When did Ivan qualify for a room of his own in college?
3. Who was Ivan's advisor in the school of journalism?
4. What instrument could Rudy play?
5. Near where did Ivan get a job his second summer of hiring out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Charlie took a vocabulary test his second week of high school in Valier?
2. What was wrong with the sheep when Charlie was off fencing?
3. What was Ivan's pattern of life while he was in White Sulphur Springs and Bessie and Charlie were on the Camas ranch?
4. Why did Charlie almost shoot a man one day on the reservation range?
5. What did Ivan make to help with herding the sheep to the reservation range?
6. Describe the house on the Jensen ranch.
7. How did Charlie settle Ivan and Bessie down after McGrath tore into them for letting sheep die during Charlie's absence?
8. Describe McGrath.
9. Describe the place where Ivan and other financial-aid students lived.
10. What was it like sharing the trailer house when Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan were on the reservation range?
This section contains 977 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)