|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Ivan take the summer before his senior year of college?
(a) A job at the college.
(b) A job near Cut Bank.
(c) A job on the ranch where Bessie and Charlie are working.
(d) A job haying.
2. What nationality were the sheep shearers who sheared the sheep when they were on the reservation range?
3. Where was the high school located that Ivan attended when his father moved to the new leased ranch?
(d) Pierce Crossing.
4. How many children did Mrs. Tidyman have?
(a) Four sons.
(b) Three daughters.
(c) Three sons and one daughter.
(d) Two sons and two daughters.
5. How many men did Charlie hire for the hay harvest at the Camas?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Ivan marry Carol Muller?
2. When did Bessie die?
3. How far was the new ranch that McGrath was leasing from the Camas ranch?
4. What flocks of birds did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan see when they were on the reservation range?
5. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the house on the Jensen ranch.
2. What did Ivan do the year after graduating from college?
3. What did Harold Chadwick do?
4. Why did Ivan pitch from the mound at Wrigley Field?
5. What was it like sharing the trailer house when Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan were on the reservation range?
6. What determined the distance that was traveled each day as the sheep were herded to the reservation range?
7. What happened when Charlie took a vocabulary test his second week of high school in Valier?
8. Why did Charlie leave Bessie and Ivan alone to herd the sheep?
9. If Charlie and Bessie parted ways, why would Ivan choose to live with his father?
10. How would Ivan and Bessie try to save the sheep when they were plagued with ticks?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)