|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When would lambing season begin?
2. When did Bessie die?
3. A crew member was hired by McGrath who had to sober up. Where was he from?
4. During Ivan's second summer of hiring out, where did wheat have to be taken twice a day?
(c) Cut Bank.
5. Which dog learned to retrieve what Charlie and Ivan would shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
Short Answer Questions
1. During Charlie's absence, how many days did Bessie and Ivan have to spend every daylight hour patrolling the sheep grazing on the reservation?
2. When were the sheep sheared when they were on the reservation range?
3. What county was one of the prime sheep areas of Montana?
4. From where did Gertie Chadwick's family immigrate?
5. What flocks of birds did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan see when they were on the reservation range?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Ivan do when he had a layover during the train trip to and from Northwestern?
2. Why did Charlie leave Bessie and Ivan alone to herd the sheep?
3. What was McGrath's philosophy about hiring hands?
4. How did Charlie settle Ivan and Bessie down after McGrath tore into them for letting sheep die during Charlie's absence?
5. What determined the distance that was traveled each day as the sheep were herded to the reservation range?
6. What did a sheepwagon look like?
7. What did Ivan decide to do about college?
8. Why did Ivan pitch from the mound at Wrigley Field?
9. What was Bessie's last day like?
10. What does Ivan imagine Charlie and Bessie doing as he and Carol go about their days together?
This section contains 1,063 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)