|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Charlie and Bessie working when Ivan came home his second summer?
(a) Camas Ranch.
(b) McTaggert Ranch.
(c) Jensen Ranch.
(d) Higgins Ranch.
2. Near what town did Ivan work that summer after his first year in college?
(a) Near Shelby.
(b) Near Dupuyer.
(c) Near Valier.
(d) Near White Sulphur Springs.
3. Where was the high school located that Ivan attended when his father moved to the new leased ranch?
(d) Pierce Crossing.
4. How often would Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan refill their water cans when they were on the reservation range?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Every second or third evening.
(c) Every day.
(d) Every fourth day.
5. How long did it take by train to get from Montana to Chicago?
(a) 29 hours.
(b) 32 hours.
(c) 26 hours.
(d) 40 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the Chadwicks' son?
2. What project did McGrath want Charlie to do shortly after the sheep were settled on the grass at the reservation?
3. How far was the reservation range from Dupuyer?
4. How many sheep was McGrath planning on putting on the new ranch he planned to lease?
5. Which dog learned to retrieve what Charlie and Ivan would shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was wrong with the sheep when Charlie was off fencing?
2. How would Ivan and Bessie try to save the sheep when they were plagued with ticks?
3. How did Mrs. Tidyman die?
4. What happened that made Ivan decide he never wanted anything to do with sheep again during the second summer of herding the sheep on the reservation range?
5. What did a sheepwagon look like?
6. If Charlie and Bessie parted ways, why would Ivan choose to live with his father?
7. What happened when Charlie took a vocabulary test his second week of high school in Valier?
8. What does Ivan imagine Charlie and Bessie doing as he and Carol go about their days together?
9. Describe Dupuyer.
10. Why did Ivan pitch from the mound at Wrigley Field?
This section contains 1,005 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)