|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When would lambing season begin?
2. What county was one of the prime sheep areas of Montana?
(a) Broadwater County.
(b) Meagher County.
(c) Fergus County.
(d) Cascade County.
3. What other brother of Charlie's was injured by a horse?
4. Who wrote "Trains cross the continent in a swirl of dust and thunder"?
(a) Harper Lee.
(b) John Steinbeck.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Thomas Wolfe.
5. As Ivan drove himself and Bessie back to the reservation range after a week away, how many years did he realize that he, Charlie, and Bessie had managed to stay together?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was it first noticed that Charlie was having breathing problems?
2. What grade did Ivan get on one of his first quizzes in college?
3. How many of Bessie's children lived in White Sulphur?
4. In what year did Ivan finish his first year of college?
5. How did Ivan get to the place where he got a job his second summer of hiring out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was jacketing?
2. When were the first indications that Charlie was sick?
3. Why did Ivan pitch from the mound at Wrigley Field?
4. What did Ivan do the year after graduating from college?
5. Why did Charlie leave Bessie and Ivan alone to herd the sheep?
6. Describe McGrath.
7. What did Ivan decide to do about college?
8. Why was Ivan asked if he had just come out of the military when he was a freshman in college?
9. What was McGrath's philosophy about hiring hands?
10. What was wrong with the sheep when Charlie was off fencing?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)