|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project did McGrath want Charlie to do shortly after the sheep were settled on the grass at the reservation?
(a) Making a delivery.
(b) Drive a combine.
2. Where was the high school located that Ivan attended when his father moved to the new leased ranch?
(b) Pierce Crossing.
3. Near what town did Ivan work that summer after his first year in college?
(a) Near Dupuyer.
(b) Near Valier.
(c) Near White Sulphur Springs.
(d) Near Shelby.
4. Who was Ivan's closest friend at Latham?
5. What county was one of the prime sheep areas of Montana?
(a) Fergus County.
(b) Broadwater County.
(c) Cascade County.
(d) Meagher County.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many weeks before McGrath offered Charlie the job on another ranch had Ivan started high school?
2. What was the name of the Chadwicks' son?
3. A crew member was hired by McGrath who had to sober up. Where was he from?
4. Where were Charlie and Bessie working when Ivan came home from his first year of college?
5. Where did Ivan work at college?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mrs. Tidyman die?
2. What was jacketing?
3. What did Ivan decide to do about college?
4. What happened that made Ivan decide he never wanted anything to do with sheep again during the second summer of herding the sheep on the reservation range?
5. What was Ivan's pattern of life while he was in White Sulphur Springs and Bessie and Charlie were on the Camas ranch?
6. Describe the house on the Jensen ranch.
7. How did Charlie settle Ivan and Bessie down after McGrath tore into them for letting sheep die during Charlie's absence?
8. What determined the distance that was traveled each day as the sheep were herded to the reservation range?
9. Describe the place where Ivan and other financial-aid students lived.
10. If Charlie and Bessie parted ways, why would Ivan choose to live with his father?
This section contains 1,027 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)