|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the place where Ivan and the other financial-aid students stayed?
(a) Smythe House.
(b) Whitten House.
(c) Latham House.
(d) Lincoln House.
2. How many butts of hay would Charlie have to get stacked at Camas?
3. How many acres was the Jensen ranch?
(a) 1,500 acres.
(b) 5,100 acres.
(c) 2,500 acres.
(d) 4,000 acres.
4. How many ewes had McGrath put on the grass at Camas?
5. What language did Ivan study that first year in college?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the fall after herding sheep on the reservation range, how many students were in Ivan's class at Valier?
2. About how many sheep did Bessie and Ivan lose while Charlie was off helping McGrath?
3. What work did Charlie and Bessie do in Dupuyer during Ivan's last year of high school?
4. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
5. How was Angus, Charlie's brother, injured the second summer that Ivan was back from college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the place where Ivan and other financial-aid students lived.
2. What was it like sharing the trailer house when Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan were on the reservation range?
3. What was Bessie's last day like?
4. When were the first indications that Charlie was sick?
5. Describe McGrath.
6. What happened when Charlie took a vocabulary test his second week of high school in Valier?
7. Describe the house on the Jensen ranch.
8. What happened that made Ivan decide he never wanted anything to do with sheep again during the second summer of herding the sheep on the reservation range?
9. Why was Ivan asked if he had just come out of the military when he was a freshman in college?
10. How did Charlie settle Ivan and Bessie down after McGrath tore into them for letting sheep die during Charlie's absence?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)