|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bessie spend the Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range?
(b) White Sulphur Springs.
2. What nickname did Bessie give the birds that she saw on the reservation range?
3. Who was Ivan's closest friend at Latham?
4. What language did Ivan study that first year in college?
5. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
(a) April 1955.
(b) March 1954.
(c) March 1956.
(d) May 1954.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were Charlie and Bessie working when Ivan came home his second summer?
2. Near what range was the Camas ranch?
3. As Ivan drove himself and Bessie back to the reservation range after a week away, how many years did he realize that he, Charlie, and Bessie had managed to stay together?
4. How long did it take by train to get from Montana to Chicago?
5. What was the name of the delicatessen-cafe-hangout that was near where Ivan stayed in college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was McGrath's philosophy about hiring hands?
2. How did Charlie settle Ivan and Bessie down after McGrath tore into them for letting sheep die during Charlie's absence?
3. Why was Ivan asked if he had just come out of the military when he was a freshman in college?
4. When were the first indications that Charlie was sick?
5. What determined the distance that was traveled each day as the sheep were herded to the reservation range?
6. What was jacketing?
7. What happened that made Ivan decide he never wanted anything to do with sheep again during the second summer of herding the sheep on the reservation range?
8. What did Ivan make to help with herding the sheep to the reservation range?
9. What was it like sharing the trailer house when Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan were on the reservation range?
10. What was wrong with the sheep when Charlie was off fencing?
This section contains 1,061 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)