|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Ivan drove himself and Bessie back to the reservation range after a week away, how many years did he realize that he, Charlie, and Bessie had managed to stay together?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four years.
2. What flocks of birds did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan see when they were on the reservation range?
3. What nickname did Bessie give the birds that she saw on the reservation range?
4. What other brother of Charlie's was injured by a horse?
5. What did Ivan start writing fillers for his senior year of college?
(a) A newspaper in Missoula.
(b) A magazine in Chicago.
(c) A magazine in Milwaukee.
(d) A newspaper in Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many acres was the Jensen ranch?
2. How long did Angus linger before he died?
3. Who lived in a ranch colony beyond the second ridgeline to the south of the Jensen ranch?
4. Which dog learned to retrieve what Charlie and Ivan would shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
5. When was Dupuyer first settled?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Ivan asked if he had just come out of the military when he was a freshman in college?
2. What was Ivan's first room of his own like at college?
3. Describe the house on the Jensen ranch.
4. How did Charlie settle Ivan and Bessie down after McGrath tore into them for letting sheep die during Charlie's absence?
5. What was jacketing?
6. What would Ivan do when he had a layover during the train trip to and from Northwestern?
7. What does Ivan imagine Charlie and Bessie doing as he and Carol go about their days together?
8. What happened when Charlie took a vocabulary test his second week of high school in Valier?
9. Describe the place where Ivan and other financial-aid students lived.
10. Why did Charlie almost shoot a man one day on the reservation range?
This section contains 1,076 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)