|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote articles in one of the region's weekly newspapers about the activities of his tribesmen?
(a) Weasel Necklace.
(b) Crow Flies.
(d) Black Pony.
2. When did Bessie die?
3. How was Angus, Charlie's brother, injured the second summer that Ivan was back from college?
(a) He got trampled by cattle.
(b) He was in a fight.
(c) His horse fell with him.
(d) He fell off a combine.
4. When was Dupuyer first settled?
5. How many days of the year did Gertie Chadwick keep her cafe open?
(a) 364 1/2 days.
(b) 360 days.
(c) 363 days.
(d) 350 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many butts of hay would Charlie have to get stacked at Camas?
2. What did Ivan start writing fillers for his senior year of college?
3. How far was the high school from Dupuyer?
4. In the year and a half after Ivan left Ringling, how many different places did he live?
5. How long did Angus linger before he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ivan make to help with herding the sheep to the reservation range?
2. How would Ivan and Bessie try to save the sheep when they were plagued with ticks?
3. What was McGrath's philosophy about hiring hands?
4. What was Ivan's pattern of life while he was in White Sulphur Springs and Bessie and Charlie were on the Camas ranch?
5. What did Ivan do the year after graduating from college?
6. Describe the house on the Jensen ranch.
7. Describe Dupuyer.
8. Why did Ivan pitch from the mound at Wrigley Field?
9. Why was Ivan asked if he had just come out of the military when he was a freshman in college?
10. What determined the distance that was traveled each day as the sheep were herded to the reservation range?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)