|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A crew member was hired by McGrath who had to sober up. Where was he from?
2. When was Dupuyer first settled?
3. What language did Ivan study that first year in college?
4. How many sheep was McGrath planning on putting on the new ranch he planned to lease?
(a) 2,000 ewes.
(b) 4,500 ewes.
(c) 1,000 ewes.
(d) 6,000 ewes.
5. What would Charlie and Ivan shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
(a) Ducks and geese.
Short Answer Questions
1. What branch of the military did Ivan serve in?
2. How long did it take by train to get from Montana to Chicago?
3. Who was Ivan's closest friend at Latham?
4. What grade did Ivan get on one of his first quizzes in college?
5. What flocks of birds did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan see when they were on the reservation range?
Short Essay Questions
1. If Charlie and Bessie parted ways, why would Ivan choose to live with his father?
2. How did Charlie settle Ivan and Bessie down after McGrath tore into them for letting sheep die during Charlie's absence?
3. Describe McGrath.
4. Describe the house on the Jensen ranch.
5. What was Ivan's pattern of life while he was in White Sulphur Springs and Bessie and Charlie were on the Camas ranch?
6. Why did Charlie almost shoot a man one day on the reservation range?
7. What was wrong with the sheep when Charlie was off fencing?
8. How would Ivan and Bessie try to save the sheep when they were plagued with ticks?
9. How did Mrs. Tidyman die?
10. What was Ivan's first room of his own like at college?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)