|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality were the sheep shearers who sheared the sheep when they were on the reservation range?
2. What county was one of the prime sheep areas of Montana?
(a) Broadwater County.
(b) Cascade County.
(c) Fergus County.
(d) Meagher County.
3. Where did McGrath want Charlie to help him with a ranch?
4. In what mountain range was the Jensen ranch?
(a) Sawtooth Range.
(b) Judith Mountains.
(c) Pioneer Mountains.
(d) Whitefish Range.
5. When was Dupuyer first settled?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far was the reservation range from Dupuyer?
2. What was the name of the place where Ivan and the other financial-aid students stayed?
3. What language did Ivan study that first year in college?
4. How many men had stayed working as crew with McGrath through the years?
5. How many new students were there at Ivan's new high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What determined the distance that was traveled each day as the sheep were herded to the reservation range?
2. How would Ivan and Bessie try to save the sheep when they were plagued with ticks?
3. What did Ivan decide to do about college?
4. What was Ivan's pattern of life while he was in White Sulphur Springs and Bessie and Charlie were on the Camas ranch?
5. Why did Charlie leave Bessie and Ivan alone to herd the sheep?
6. Describe the place where Ivan and other financial-aid students lived.
7. What does Ivan imagine Charlie and Bessie doing as he and Carol go about their days together?
8. Describe the house on the Jensen ranch.
9. Describe McGrath.
10. Describe Dupuyer.
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)