|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the diagnosis for Charlie's illness?
(b) Obstructive lung disease.
2. What job does Ivan take the summer before his senior year of college?
(a) A job haying.
(b) A job at the college.
(c) A job on the ranch where Bessie and Charlie are working.
(d) A job near Cut Bank.
3. How was Angus, Charlie's brother, injured the second summer that Ivan was back from college?
(a) He was in a fight.
(b) He fell off a combine.
(c) He got trampled by cattle.
(d) His horse fell with him.
4. How much time would Ivan spend traveling to be able to spend five or six days in Montana in March?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 1/2 days.
(c) 1 1/2 days.
(d) 2 days.
5. Who wrote articles in one of the region's weekly newspapers about the activities of his tribesmen?
(b) Weasel Necklace.
(c) Black Pony.
(d) Crow Flies.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Charlie's absence, how many days did Bessie and Ivan have to spend every daylight hour patrolling the sheep grazing on the reservation?
2. When did Ivan qualify for a room of his own in college?
3. What grade did Ivan get on one of his first quizzes in college?
4. A crew member was hired by McGrath who had to sober up. Where was he from?
5. As Ivan drove himself and Bessie back to the reservation range after a week away, how many years did he realize that he, Charlie, and Bessie had managed to stay together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was wrong with the sheep when Charlie was off fencing?
2. Describe the house on the Jensen ranch.
3. How would Ivan and Bessie try to save the sheep when they were plagued with ticks?
4. What did Ivan make to help with herding the sheep to the reservation range?
5. What was jacketing?
6. What did Harold Chadwick do?
7. Why did Charlie almost shoot a man one day on the reservation range?
8. Describe Dupuyer.
9. What was it like sharing the trailer house when Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan were on the reservation range?
10. What was Bessie's last day like?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)