|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bessie and Ivan go for a week and leave Charlie to herd the sheep alone at the reservation range?
(d) White Sulphur Springs.
2. What county was one of the prime sheep areas of Montana?
(a) Cascade County.
(b) Broadwater County.
(c) Fergus County.
(d) Meagher County.
3. Near what town did Ivan work that summer after his first year in college?
(a) Near Shelby.
(b) Near Valier.
(c) Near White Sulphur Springs.
(d) Near Dupuyer.
4. Where did Ivan work at college?
(a) In the cafeteria.
(b) In the campus bookstore.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the kitchen.
5. How did Ivan get to the place where he got a job his second summer of hiring out?
(a) An old Ford pickup.
(b) An old Dodge pickup.
(c) An old Dodge car.
(d) An old Chevy car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ivan start writing fillers for his senior year of college?
2. What job does Ivan take the summer before his senior year of college?
3. What was the name of the Chadwicks' son?
4. What was the name of the delicatessen-cafe-hangout that was near where Ivan stayed in college?
5. How far was the reservation range from Dupuyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mrs. Tidyman die?
2. Why did Charlie leave Bessie and Ivan alone to herd the sheep?
3. Why did Charlie almost shoot a man one day on the reservation range?
4. What does Ivan imagine Charlie and Bessie doing as he and Carol go about their days together?
5. What determined the distance that was traveled each day as the sheep were herded to the reservation range?
6. Describe Dupuyer.
7. Why was Ivan asked if he had just come out of the military when he was a freshman in college?
8. What was wrong with the sheep when Charlie was off fencing?
9. What did Harold Chadwick do?
10. What did Ivan do the year after graduating from college?
This section contains 954 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)