|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would Charlie and Ivan shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
(c) Ducks and geese.
2. How many new students were there at Ivan's new high school?
3. What was the name of the delicatessen-cafe-hangout that was near where Ivan stayed in college?
(a) The Deli.
(b) The Hut.
(c) The Eatery.
(d) The Cafe.
4. Where were Charlie and Bessie working when Ivan came home his second summer?
(a) McTaggert Ranch.
(b) Jensen Ranch.
(c) Higgins Ranch.
(d) Camas Ranch.
5. Where did Bessie, Charlie, and Ivan go to get groceries when they were on the reservation range?
(c) Cut Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which classmate of Ivan's filmed a baseball instructional film at Wrigley Field?
2. What was the diagnosis for Charlie's illness?
3. When was Dupuyer first settled?
4. How did Ivan get to the place where he got a job his second summer of hiring out?
5. What job does Ivan take the summer before his senior year of college?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mrs. Tidyman die?
2. What would Ivan do when he had a layover during the train trip to and from Northwestern?
3. Why did Charlie almost shoot a man one day on the reservation range?
4. What determined the distance that was traveled each day as the sheep were herded to the reservation range?
5. What did Harold Chadwick do?
6. How did Charlie settle Ivan and Bessie down after McGrath tore into them for letting sheep die during Charlie's absence?
7. How would Ivan and Bessie try to save the sheep when they were plagued with ticks?
8. When were the first indications that Charlie was sick?
9. What was wrong with the sheep when Charlie was off fencing?
10. What did Ivan make to help with herding the sheep to the reservation range?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)