|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Angus, Charlie's brother, injured the second summer that Ivan was back from college?
(a) He got trampled by cattle.
(b) He fell off a combine.
(c) He was in a fight.
(d) His horse fell with him.
2. When was Dupuyer first settled?
3. How many butts of hay would Charlie have to get stacked at Camas?
4. A crew member was hired by McGrath who had to sober up. Where was he from?
5. What was the name of the Chadwicks' son?
(b) Billy Bob.
(d) Tommy Chad.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Ivan get to the place where he got a job his second summer of hiring out?
2. Which dog learned to retrieve what Charlie and Ivan would shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
3. When were the sheep sheared when they were on the reservation range?
4. What was the name of the reservation where the sheep were going to pasture?
5. What county was one of the prime sheep areas of Montana?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a sheepwagon look like?
2. How did Charlie settle Ivan and Bessie down after McGrath tore into them for letting sheep die during Charlie's absence?
3. What was Ivan's first room of his own like at college?
4. What would Ivan do when he had a layover during the train trip to and from Northwestern?
5. What was wrong with the sheep when Charlie was off fencing?
6. What was Ivan's pattern of life while he was in White Sulphur Springs and Bessie and Charlie were on the Camas ranch?
7. What was McGrath's philosophy about hiring hands?
8. When were the first indications that Charlie was sick?
9. What does Ivan imagine Charlie and Bessie doing as he and Carol go about their days together?
10. Why did Ivan pitch from the mound at Wrigley Field?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)