|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Ivan qualify for a room of his own in college?
(a) Sophomore year.
(b) Junior year.
(c) Senior year.
(d) Freshman year.
2. Near what range was the Camas ranch?
(a) Big Sheep.
(b) Bitterroot Range.
(c) Bridger Mountains.
(d) Big Belts.
3. When was it first noticed that Charlie was having breathing problems?
4. Where did Bessie spend the Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range?
(b) White Sulphur Springs.
5. How long did it take by train to get from Montana to Chicago?
(a) 29 hours.
(b) 32 hours.
(c) 40 hours.
(d) 26 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What county was one of the prime sheep areas of Montana?
2. Where did Ivan work at college?
3. When did Ivan marry Carol Muller?
4. How much time would Ivan spend traveling to be able to spend five or six days in Montana in March?
5. Before Ivan's grandmother came back into his life, how many different places had he lived with his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ivan imagine Charlie and Bessie doing as he and Carol go about their days together?
2. What was McGrath's philosophy about hiring hands?
3. What did Harold Chadwick do?
4. Why was Ivan asked if he had just come out of the military when he was a freshman in college?
5. Describe the house on the Jensen ranch.
6. Describe Dupuyer.
7. What determined the distance that was traveled each day as the sheep were herded to the reservation range?
8. Why did Charlie leave Bessie and Ivan alone to herd the sheep?
9. What did Ivan make to help with herding the sheep to the reservation range?
10. Describe McGrath.
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)