|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
(a) April 1955.
(b) March 1954.
(c) March 1956.
(d) May 1954.
2. Who lived in a ranch colony beyond the second ridgeline to the south of the Jensen ranch?
3. Where did McGrath want Charlie to help him with a ranch?
4. What nickname did Bessie give the birds that she saw on the reservation range?
5. The Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range, how long was Bessie gone?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) A month.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Bessie, Charlie, and Ivan go to get groceries when they were on the reservation range?
2. From where did Gertie Chadwick's family immigrate?
3. Where did Bessie and Ivan go for a week and leave Charlie to herd the sheep alone at the reservation range?
4. Near where did Ivan get a job his second summer of hiring out?
5. What was the name of the Chadwicks' son?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)