|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
(a) March 1954.
(b) March 1956.
(c) April 1955.
(d) May 1954.
2. How many ewes had McGrath put on the grass at Camas?
3. What county was one of the prime sheep areas of Montana?
(a) Fergus County.
(b) Broadwater County.
(c) Cascade County.
(d) Meagher County.
4. What nationality were the sheep shearers who sheared the sheep when they were on the reservation range?
5. In what year did Ivan finish his first year of college?
Short Answer Questions
1. During Charlie's absence, how many days did Bessie and Ivan have to spend every daylight hour patrolling the sheep grazing on the reservation?
2. How many children did Mrs. Tidyman have?
3. What instrument could Rudy play?
4. What branch of the military did Ivan serve in?
5. Where did McGrath want Charlie to help him with a ranch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ivan imagine Charlie and Bessie doing as he and Carol go about their days together?
2. How would Ivan and Bessie try to save the sheep when they were plagued with ticks?
3. Describe the house on the Jensen ranch.
4. Why did Charlie leave Bessie and Ivan alone to herd the sheep?
5. What determined the distance that was traveled each day as the sheep were herded to the reservation range?
6. Describe the place where Ivan and other financial-aid students lived.
7. What did a sheepwagon look like?
8. What happened that made Ivan decide he never wanted anything to do with sheep again during the second summer of herding the sheep on the reservation range?
9. What would Ivan do when he had a layover during the train trip to and from Northwestern?
10. What was jacketing?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)