|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who lived in a ranch colony beyond the second ridgeline to the south of the Jensen ranch?
2. How many new students were there at Ivan's new high school?
3. What nickname did Bessie give the birds that she saw on the reservation range?
4. What was the name of the reservation where the sheep were going to pasture?
5. What project did McGrath want Charlie to do shortly after the sheep were settled on the grass at the reservation?
(a) Making a delivery.
(c) Drive a combine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote articles in one of the region's weekly newspapers about the activities of his tribesmen?
2. What branch of the military did Ivan serve in?
3. What nationality were the sheep shearers who sheared the sheep when they were on the reservation range?
4. What other brother of Charlie's was injured by a horse?
5. Who wrote "Trains cross the continent in a swirl of dust and thunder"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Ivan do the year after graduating from college?
2. Why did Charlie leave Bessie and Ivan alone to herd the sheep?
3. What was Ivan's pattern of life while he was in White Sulphur Springs and Bessie and Charlie were on the Camas ranch?
4. What did Harold Chadwick do?
5. If Charlie and Bessie parted ways, why would Ivan choose to live with his father?
6. Why was Ivan asked if he had just come out of the military when he was a freshman in college?
7. When were the first indications that Charlie was sick?
8. What was Ivan's first room of his own like at college?
9. What does Ivan imagine Charlie and Bessie doing as he and Carol go about their days together?
10. What determined the distance that was traveled each day as the sheep were herded to the reservation range?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)