|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Ivan's closest friend at Latham?
2. What had one of Ivan's cousins gone to college to learn?
3. During Ivan's second summer of hiring out, where did wheat have to be taken twice a day?
(b) Cut Bank.
4. Which classmate of Ivan's filmed a baseball instructional film at Wrigley Field?
5. What was the single room called that Ivan qualified for when he was in college?
(a) The Closet.
(b) The Box.
(d) The Broom closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men had stayed working as crew with McGrath through the years?
2. How many children did Mrs. Tidyman have?
3. When did Ivan marry Carol Muller?
4. How was Angus, Charlie's brother, injured the second summer that Ivan was back from college?
5. How many of Bessie's children lived in White Sulphur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What determined the distance that was traveled each day as the sheep were herded to the reservation range?
2. Why did Charlie almost shoot a man one day on the reservation range?
3. What was it like sharing the trailer house when Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan were on the reservation range?
4. What did Ivan make to help with herding the sheep to the reservation range?
5. What did Ivan decide to do about college?
6. How did Mrs. Tidyman die?
7. What was McGrath's philosophy about hiring hands?
8. What was Bessie's last day like?
9. If Charlie and Bessie parted ways, why would Ivan choose to live with his father?
10. What did Harold Chadwick do?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)