|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take by train to get from Montana to Chicago?
(a) 29 hours.
(b) 32 hours.
(c) 40 hours.
(d) 26 hours.
2. How many ewes had McGrath put on the grass at Camas?
3. How many sheep was McGrath planning on putting on the new ranch he planned to lease?
(a) 6,000 ewes.
(b) 1,000 ewes.
(c) 4,500 ewes.
(d) 2,000 ewes.
4. What instrument could Rudy play?
5. What project did McGrath want Charlie to do shortly after the sheep were settled on the grass at the reservation?
(c) Drive a combine.
(d) Making a delivery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far was the reservation range from Dupuyer?
2. Where were Charlie and Bessie working when Ivan came home his second summer?
3. What old machine did Ivan like to play in and around at the Camas Ranch?
4. What was the name of the place where Ivan and the other financial-aid students stayed?
5. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was McGrath's philosophy about hiring hands?
2. Describe the house on the Jensen ranch.
3. Why did Charlie leave Bessie and Ivan alone to herd the sheep?
4. Why was Ivan asked if he had just come out of the military when he was a freshman in college?
5. What did Ivan make to help with herding the sheep to the reservation range?
6. What was it like sharing the trailer house when Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan were on the reservation range?
7. If Charlie and Bessie parted ways, why would Ivan choose to live with his father?
8. What would Ivan do when he had a layover during the train trip to and from Northwestern?
9. What was Ivan's first room of his own like at college?
10. What was Bessie's last day like?
This section contains 974 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)