|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did Gertie Chadwick's family immigrate?
2. What language did Ivan study that first year in college?
3. Near what town did Ivan work that summer after his first year in college?
(a) Near Shelby.
(b) Near Dupuyer.
(c) Near Valier.
(d) Near White Sulphur Springs.
4. Where would Ivan have a layover when he took the train to and from Northwestern?
(d) St. Paul.
5. How long did it take by train to get from Montana to Chicago?
(a) 29 hours.
(b) 26 hours.
(c) 40 hours.
(d) 32 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did McGrath want Charlie to help him with a ranch?
2. What grade did Ivan get on one of his first quizzes in college?
3. What other brother of Charlie's was injured by a horse?
4. How many ewes had McGrath put on the grass at Camas?
5. How long did Angus linger before he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the house on the Jensen ranch.
2. If Charlie and Bessie parted ways, why would Ivan choose to live with his father?
3. What was McGrath's philosophy about hiring hands?
4. What did a sheepwagon look like?
5. What did Ivan make to help with herding the sheep to the reservation range?
6. What was Ivan's first room of his own like at college?
7. What did Ivan do the year after graduating from college?
8. How did Mrs. Tidyman die?
9. What does Ivan imagine Charlie and Bessie doing as he and Carol go about their days together?
10. What determined the distance that was traveled each day as the sheep were herded to the reservation range?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)