|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project did McGrath want Charlie to do shortly after the sheep were settled on the grass at the reservation?
(c) Making a delivery.
(d) Drive a combine.
2. How far was the new ranch that McGrath was leasing from the Camas ranch?
(a) 200 miles.
(b) 175 miles.
(c) 50 miles.
(d) 130 miles.
3. How many new students were there at Ivan's new high school?
4. How many men had stayed working as crew with McGrath through the years?
5. How was Angus, Charlie's brother, injured the second summer that Ivan was back from college?
(a) He was in a fight.
(b) He got trampled by cattle.
(c) His horse fell with him.
(d) He fell off a combine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river carved the southern boundary of the grazing land for the sheep on the reservation?
2. What would Charlie and Ivan shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
3. How far was the high school from Dupuyer?
4. How many miles was it to the nearest town from the Jensen ranch?
5. How far was the reservation range from Dupuyer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it like sharing the trailer house when Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan were on the reservation range?
2. What was Ivan's pattern of life while he was in White Sulphur Springs and Bessie and Charlie were on the Camas ranch?
3. Why did Charlie almost shoot a man one day on the reservation range?
4. Why was Ivan asked if he had just come out of the military when he was a freshman in college?
5. How would Ivan and Bessie try to save the sheep when they were plagued with ticks?
6. What happened that made Ivan decide he never wanted anything to do with sheep again during the second summer of herding the sheep on the reservation range?
7. Describe Dupuyer.
8. If Charlie and Bessie parted ways, why would Ivan choose to live with his father?
9. What did Harold Chadwick do?
10. What determined the distance that was traveled each day as the sheep were herded to the reservation range?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)