|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
(a) 6,192 feet.
(b) 3,145 feet.
(c) 2,147 feet.
(d) 1 mile above sea level.
2. Who did Ivan's father work with on a haywire outfit for one week?
3. How many students were in Ivan's first grade classroom?
4. What months did Ivan and his parents live in the cabin mentioned in "Time Since."
(a) April and May.
(b) March and April.
(c) June and July.
(d) May and June.
5. How would Ivan get to school every morning when he was in first grade?
(d) Hitched a ride with a neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color was Ivan's hair as a boy?
2. What Indian tribes used to live in the area where Ivan and his father lived?
3. How old was Berneta when Tom and Bessie moved to Montana?
4. What was the main chore that Tom and Bessie performed at the ranch where they lived?
5. How long might Ivan ride a sawbuck pack saddle as he followed his parents when they were herding?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a teacher who taught Ivan's mother describe an incident from her life?
2. What two sides were there to Charlie Doig?
3. Why did Bessie marry Tom Ringer?
4. Why did Charlie decide to ask Bessie to help him with Ivan?
5. Why wouldn't Charlie and Ruth end their marriage?
6. Describe Thomas Ringer.
7. What happened on Ivan's sixth birthday?
8. Why were the clockless mountain summers over for Charlie Doig when Berneta had died?
9. Describe Ivan's father as he looked in Ivan's photo album.
10. Who asked Charlie and Ivan to move in with him so Ivan could start school?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)