|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan's father remember covered the slopes when it was just him and Ivan's mother?
2. Why did Ivan's mother tell a teacher not to use a well?
(a) There was a dead animal in the well.
(b) There was a dead snake in the well.
(c) There was a dead cat in the well.
(d) There were mice in the well.
3. Mount Edith is the name shown on maps, but what do those who live in the area call the mountain?
(a) Bitterroot Mountain.
(b) Flathead Mountain.
(c) Granite Peak.
(d) Old Baldy.
4. When Ivan was in first grade, what color hair did the classmate have that Ivan had met before?
5. Where does the story begin?
(a) Bridger Range.
(b) Rocky Mountains.
(c) Beartooth Mountains.
(d) Belt Mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would come for Ivan in the mail with the camptender?
2. What was Ivan's father's job when Ivan and his parents lived in a cabin in the mountains?
3. How old was Bessie when she and Tom moved to Montana?
4. What color were Bessie's eyes?
5. Where did Ivan's father have a small scar?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a teacher who taught Ivan's mother describe an incident from her life?
2. What was boarding out?
3. Describe Thomas Ringer.
4. Why would Ivan's father work for McGrath?
5. Where did Ivan and his parents go during the last winter of World War II?
6. What business did Charlie and Ruth run together?
7. What two sides were there to Charlie Doig?
8. Describe Ivan's mother as she is seen in the photo album that he has.
9. Why did Charlie decide to ask Bessie to help him with Ivan?
10. Why was it hard for Ivan when he and his father stayed with Ivan's Uncle Angus and his family?
This section contains 796 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)