Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the camptender bring when he came out to the Doig's cabin?
(a) More sheep.
(b) T-bone steak and a barrel of whiskey.
(c) Orders from the ranch boss.
(d) Groceries and mail.
2. When Ivan was in first grade, what color hair did the classmate have that Ivan had met before?
3. When did Ivan's grandfather come to the United States?
4. What was the name of the ranch where Tom and Bessie found work?
(a) Smith Ranch.
(c) Battle Creek.
(d) Moss Agate.
5. How many times did Ivan's parents move camp the summer that they were married?
(a) 15 times in 60 days.
(b) 39 times in 60 days.
(c) 58 times in 60 days.
(d) 48 times in 60 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Charlie go to work at the Dogie ranch?
2. Who was the first Doig to die in Montana?
3. When did Tom and Bessie Ringer move to Montana?
4. Who was the classmate that Ivan had met before when his dad was manning a haying crew at a valley ranch owned by her family?
5. Where did Bessie's family come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was it like sharing the trailer house when Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan were on the reservation range?
2. What is the one thing that Ivan cannot remember about his mother?
3. Where did Ivan and his parents go during the last winter of World War II?
4. What was boarding out?
5. What was Ivan's first room of his own like at college?
6. What did Ivan decide to do about college?
7. What was jacketing?
8. Why did Bessie marry Tom Ringer?
9. When were the first indications that Charlie was sick?
10. What business did Charlie and Ruth run together?
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)