|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Ivan's parents move camp the summer that they were married?
(a) 48 times in 60 days.
(b) 15 times in 60 days.
(c) 58 times in 60 days.
(d) 39 times in 60 days.
2. How old were the boys at school that Ivan could make flinch with his snowballs?
(a) Fifth graders.
(b) Fourth graders.
(c) Third graders.
(d) Sixth graders.
3. What would Ivan's mother do to keep him quiet and cool on hot afternoons?
(a) Read to him.
(b) Play cards with him.
(c) Let him play in the trees.
(d) Let him play in the creek.
4. What was Bessie's father's name?
5. When did Charlie go to work at the Dogie ranch?
(a) About 1930.
(b) About 1929.
(c) About 1920.
(d) Around 1925.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
2. Who was herding on Grassy Mountain when Charlie helped a scissorbill?
3. How much did Charlie Doig weigh?
4. Where did Tom and Bessie Ringer move from when they moved to Montana?
5. Where did one Doig family member emigrate other than the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Charlie decide to ask Bessie to help him with Ivan?
2. What business did Charlie and Ruth run together?
3. What was boarding out?
4. Can Ivan see the sickness to come in the photos of his mother?
5. What did D.L. Doig raise after his ranch began to prosper?
6. What two sides were there to Charlie Doig?
7. Why wouldn't Charlie and Ruth end their marriage?
8. What happened on Ivan's sixth birthday?
9. What was different about Ruth from the other ranch cooks?
10. What did Ivan look like as a boy?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)