|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the restaurant that Charlie and Ruth ran together?
(a) The Supper Spot.
(b) The Grill.
(c) The Cafe.
(d) The Cookhouse.
2. When Ivan was in first grade, what color hair did the classmate have that Ivan had met before?
3. How big was the ranch that Charlie was the foreman of when he was just 25?
(a) 35,000 acres.
(b) 45,000 acres.
(c) 75,000 acres.
(d) 27,000 acres.
4. What was the name of the kid who called Ivan "Ivy" and bothered him when he was walking to the movies with Charlie and Ruth?
5. When did Ivan's mother die?
(a) May 27, 1945.
(b) June 27, 1945.
(c) July 15, 1946.
(d) June 1, 1945.
Short Answer Questions
1. How tall was Ivan's father?
2. How many rooms did the cabin have that Ivan lived in with his parents?
3. In the 1890s, what did one Doig family member do for a living until he could size up the Montana countryside?
4. How old was Charles Doig when his wife died?
5. What was Ivan's father's job when Ivan and his parents lived in a cabin in the mountains?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was different about Ruth from the other ranch cooks?
2. What surprised Ivan's teacher about him?
3. What did D.L. Doig raise after his ranch began to prosper?
4. What two things during Ivan's early weeks in the first grade set off any interest within him?
5. Why did Ivan's father and Cliff decide to leave an outfit?
6. What was boarding out?
7. What happened on Ivan's sixth birthday?
8. What two sides were there to Charlie Doig?
9. How does a teacher who taught Ivan's mother describe an incident from her life?
10. Describe Thomas Ringer.
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)