|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Doigs are known to have gone off to the United States?
(a) 3 brothers and 2 sisters.
(b) 1 brother and 1 sister.
(c) 4 brothers and 3 sisters.
(d) 2 brothers and 3 sisters.
2. What color were the dogs that appear with the photographs of Ivan's parents?
(a) Black and tan.
(c) White and black.
3. How old was Charles Doig when his wife died?
4. Who were Bessie's best friends growing up?
(a) The Kreb sisters.
(b) The Smith sisters.
(c) Phyllis and Rebecca Spriggs.
(d) Molly and Anna Bailey.
5. When was the Old Auditorium built in White Sulphur Springs?
Short Answer Questions
1. What town did Tom and Bessie move to after the owner of the ranch where they worked died?
2. In the 1890s, what did one Doig family member do for a living until he could size up the Montana countryside?
3. How many times did Ivan's parents move camp the summer that they were married?
4. Who was the first Doig to die in Montana?
5. How old was Bessie when she and Tom moved to Montana?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Thomas Ringer.
2. If Charlie and Bessie parted ways, why would Ivan choose to live with his father?
3. Where did Ivan and his parents go during the last winter of World War II?
4. What happened when Charlie took a vocabulary test his second week of high school in Valier?
5. How did Mrs. Tidyman die?
6. Why did Charlie decide to ask Bessie to help him with Ivan?
7. Why did Charlie leave Bessie and Ivan alone to herd the sheep?
8. What was it like sharing the trailer house when Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan were on the reservation range?
9. Describe McGrath.
10. What did D.L. Doig raise after his ranch began to prosper?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)