|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color were Berneta's eyes?
2. How old were the boys at school that Ivan could make flinch with his snowballs?
(a) Fifth graders.
(b) Fourth graders.
(c) Third graders.
(d) Sixth graders.
3. What mountain did Ivan and his parents live on?
(a) Spring Mountain.
(b) Wyatt Mountain.
(c) Bridger Mountain.
(d) Hatfield Mountain.
4. When did Ivan's grandfather come to the United States?
5. Where did Bessie's family come from?
Short Answer Questions
1. The summer they were married, near where did Ivan's father and mother live?
2. Mount Edith is the name shown on maps, but what do those who live in the area call the mountain?
3. Who was the first Doig to die in Montana?
4. How old was Ivan when his mother died?
5. What color were Bessie's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was boarding out?
2. Why was it hard for Ivan when he and his father stayed with Ivan's Uncle Angus and his family?
3. What is the one thing that Ivan cannot remember about his mother?
4. What did D.L. Doig raise after his ranch began to prosper?
5. What business did Charlie and Ruth run together?
6. What was different about Ruth from the other ranch cooks?
7. Why wouldn't Charlie and Ruth end their marriage?
8. When did Bessie break her marriage?
9. What did Ivan look like as a boy?
10. Describe Ivan's father as he looked in Ivan's photo album.
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)