|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would come for Ivan in the mail with the camptender?
(a) School lessons.
(b) Books from a lending library.
(c) Comic books.
(d) Letters from his grandparents.
2. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
(a) 2,147 feet.
(b) 3,145 feet.
(c) 6,192 feet.
(d) 1 mile above sea level.
3. How many sheep could Matt Van Patton shear in a day?
4. How old was Bessie when she and Tom moved to Montana?
5. How tall was Ivan's father?
(a) Five-and-one-half feet tall.
(b) Five feet and eight inches.
(c) Six feet tall.
(d) Nearly six feet tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. At times, how much would Bessie weigh?
2. In what type of shelter did the Ringer family live during their first Montana winter?
3. What color were Berneta's eyes?
4. What town did Tom and Bessie move to after the owner of the ranch where they worked died?
5. Where did Tom's family come from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Bessie marry Tom Ringer?
2. What happened on Ivan's sixth birthday?
3. Where did Bessie work after Tom left and she ended their marriage?
4. Why did Ivan's father and Cliff decide to leave an outfit?
5. Why is the name "Smith River" a misnomer?
6. What did a forest ranger say about Ivan's mother?
7. Describe Thomas Ringer.
8. Why were the clockless mountain summers over for Charlie Doig when Berneta had died?
9. What was boarding out?
10. What good and bad luck did Charlie Doig, his mother, and brothers have in 1919-1920?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)