|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what decade did settlers first come into Ivan's area of Montana?
2. When did an earthquake damage the Old Auditorium in White Sulphur Springs?
3. What does Ivan's father remember covered the slopes when it was just him and Ivan's mother?
4. What color were Berneta's eyes?
5. How often would the camptender come out to the Doig's cabin?
(a) About every ten days.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Every other week.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did it cost to get cottonseed cake to the ranch for the sheep during the winter of 1948-49?
2. Where did one Doig family member emigrate other than the U.S.?
3. What color were Bessie's eyes?
4. What would the camptender bring when he came out to the Doig's cabin?
5. What was the name of the restaurant that Charlie and Ruth ran together?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did a forest ranger say about Ivan's mother?
2. What surprised Ivan's teacher about him?
3. Where did Ivan and his parents go during the last winter of World War II?
4. Describe Thomas Ringer.
5. Describe where Ivan lived with his parents when he was six.
6. Where did Bessie work after Tom left and she ended their marriage?
7. What is the one thing that Ivan cannot remember about his mother?
8. When did Bessie break her marriage?
9. Why was it hard for Ivan when he and his father stayed with Ivan's Uncle Angus and his family?
10. Can Ivan see the sickness to come in the photos of his mother?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)