|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color were Berneta's eyes?
2. What would the camptender bring when he came out to the Doig's cabin?
(a) T-bone steak and a barrel of whiskey.
(b) Orders from the ranch boss.
(c) Groceries and mail.
(d) More sheep.
3. When did an earthquake damage the Old Auditorium in White Sulphur Springs?
4. How many sons did Tom and Bessie have?
5. What creek can be heard from the cabin where Ivan and his parents lived?
(a) Ripple Creek.
(b) Sixteenmile Creek.
(c) Spring Valley Creek.
(d) Mountain Valley Creek.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were the dogs that appear with the photographs of Ivan's parents?
2. Who were Bessie's best friends growing up?
3. Where does the story begin?
4. How many sheep could Matt Van Patton shear in a day?
5. When did Rose Gordon graduate from high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why wouldn't Charlie and Ruth end their marriage?
2. Why did Ivan's father and Cliff decide to leave an outfit?
3. What did a forest ranger say about Ivan's mother?
4. What was boarding out?
5. Why would Ivan's father work for McGrath?
6. Why were the clockless mountain summers over for Charlie Doig when Berneta had died?
7. Why was it hard for Ivan when he and his father stayed with Ivan's Uncle Angus and his family?
8. What did Ivan look like as a boy?
9. Describe Ivan's mother as she is seen in the photo album that he has.
10. What surprised Ivan's teacher about him?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)