|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ivan's mother tell a teacher not to use a well?
(a) There were mice in the well.
(b) There was a dead snake in the well.
(c) There was a dead cat in the well.
(d) There was a dead animal in the well.
2. What did Ivan receive as an early sixth birthday present?
(a) Bow and arrows.
(b) Pocket knife.
(c) A few marbles.
(d) A book.
3. Who brought Charlie and Ivan to live with his family after Berneta's funeral?
(a) Angus, Charlie's favorite brother.
(b) Pete McCabe.
(c) Ivan's grandfather.
(d) Charlie's youngest brother.
4. Where did one Doig family member emigrate other than the U.S.?
5. Who was the classmate that Ivan had met before when his dad was manning a haying crew at a valley ranch owned by her family?
(a) Susan Buckingham.
(b) John Woods.
(c) Jane Browning.
(d) Peter Alexander.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Ivan's father work with on a haywire outfit for one week?
2. At times, how much would Bessie weigh?
3. How much did it cost to get cottonseed cake to the ranch for the sheep during the winter of 1948-49?
4. What would Ivan's mother do to keep him quiet and cool on hot afternoons?
5. What was the name of the pet cat that Ivan's parents had?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did D.L. Doig raise after his ranch began to prosper?
2. What business did Charlie and Ruth run together?
3. What is the one thing that Ivan cannot remember about his mother?
4. When did Bessie break her marriage?
5. Describe where Ivan lived with his parents when he was six.
6. Where did Bessie work after Tom left and she ended their marriage?
7. Why would Ivan's father work for McGrath?
8. Why did Ivan's father and Cliff decide to leave an outfit?
9. Why wouldn't Charlie and Ruth end their marriage?
10. Why did Bessie marry Tom Ringer?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)