|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Ivan's mother tell a teacher not to use a well?
(a) There was a dead cat in the well.
(b) There were mice in the well.
(c) There was a dead animal in the well.
(d) There was a dead snake in the well.
2. When did Rose Gordon graduate from high school?
3. How tall was Ivan's father?
(a) Five feet and eight inches.
(b) Six feet tall.
(c) Five-and-one-half feet tall.
(d) Nearly six feet tall.
4. Who were Bessie's best friends growing up?
(a) The Kreb sisters.
(b) Molly and Anna Bailey.
(c) The Smith sisters.
(d) Phyllis and Rebecca Spriggs.
5. How old was Bessie when she and Tom moved to Montana?
Short Answer Questions
1. What killed Ivan's mother?
2. What was Ivan's father's job when Ivan and his parents lived in a cabin in the mountains?
3. When was the Old Auditorium built in White Sulphur Springs?
4. What was the name of the ranch where Tom and Bessie found work?
5. What months did Ivan and his parents live in the cabin mentioned in "Time Since."
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Bessie work after Tom left and she ended their marriage?
2. Why was it hard for Ivan when he and his father stayed with Ivan's Uncle Angus and his family?
3. What two sides were there to Charlie Doig?
4. Why did Bessie marry Tom Ringer?
5. What business did Charlie and Ruth run together?
6. Can Ivan see the sickness to come in the photos of his mother?
7. Where did Ivan and his parents go during the last winter of World War II?
8. What surprised Ivan's teacher about him?
9. Who asked Charlie and Ivan to move in with him so Ivan could start school?
10. Why is the name "Smith River" a misnomer?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)