|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years of schooling did Bessie have?
2. How many people lived in White Sulphur Springs when Ivan was a boy?
3. Where does the story begin?
(a) Bridger Range.
(b) Belt Mountains.
(c) Beartooth Mountains.
(d) Rocky Mountains.
4. How big was the ranch that Charlie was the foreman of when he was just 25?
(a) 35,000 acres.
(b) 75,000 acres.
(c) 45,000 acres.
(d) 27,000 acres.
5. How old was Bessie when she and Tom moved to Montana?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old were the boys at school that Ivan could make flinch with his snowballs?
2. How many sons did Tom and Bessie have?
3. When was the Old Auditorium built in White Sulphur Springs?
4. How often were Ivan's parents supposed to move when they were on the forest reserve?
5. When did Charlie and Ruth marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Ivan and his parents go during the last winter of World War II?
2. Where did Bessie work after Tom left and she ended their marriage?
3. Describe Thomas Ringer.
4. How does a teacher who taught Ivan's mother describe an incident from her life?
5. Why did Bessie marry Tom Ringer?
6. What two sides were there to Charlie Doig?
7. Why was it hard for Ivan when he and his father stayed with Ivan's Uncle Angus and his family?
8. Why is the name "Smith River" a misnomer?
9. Why did Ivan's father and Cliff decide to leave an outfit?
10. What is the one thing that Ivan cannot remember about his mother?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)