|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How tall was Ivan's father?
(a) Six feet tall.
(b) Nearly six feet tall.
(c) Five feet and eight inches.
(d) Five-and-one-half feet tall.
2. How old was Charles Doig when his wife died?
3. How many times did Ivan's parents move camp the summer that they were married?
(a) 15 times in 60 days.
(b) 58 times in 60 days.
(c) 39 times in 60 days.
(d) 48 times in 60 days.
4. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
(a) 3,145 feet.
(b) 2,147 feet.
(c) 1 mile above sea level.
(d) 6,192 feet.
5. What color were Ruth's eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many birds could Ivan's father shoot at a time in the days before Ivan was born?
2. What does Ivan's father remember covered the slopes when it was just him and Ivan's mother?
3. Who brought Charlie and Ivan to live with his family after Berneta's funeral?
4. How many sons did Tom and Bessie have?
5. What color were the dogs that appear with the photographs of Ivan's parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two things during Ivan's early weeks in the first grade set off any interest within him?
2. When did Bessie break her marriage?
3. Describe Dupuyer.
4. Why was it hard for Ivan when he and his father stayed with Ivan's Uncle Angus and his family?
5. What did Harold Chadwick do?
6. What was wrong with the sheep when Charlie was off fencing?
7. What was jacketing?
8. What did a forest ranger say about Ivan's mother?
9. What two sides were there to Charlie Doig?
10. What determined the distance that was traveled each day as the sheep were herded to the reservation range?
This section contains 855 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)