|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creek can be heard from the cabin where Ivan and his parents lived?
(a) Sixteenmile Creek.
(b) Mountain Valley Creek.
(c) Spring Valley Creek.
(d) Ripple Creek.
2. How much did Charlie Doig weigh?
(a) 155 pounds.
(b) 145 pounds.
(c) 180 pounds.
(d) 135 pounds.
3. What color were the dogs that appear with the photographs of Ivan's parents?
(a) Black and tan.
(c) White and black.
4. How many years of schooling did Bessie have?
5. What town did Tom and Bessie move to after the owner of the ranch where they worked died?
(a) Castle Rock.
(d) White Sulphur Springs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mount Edith is the name shown on maps, but what do those who live in the area call the mountain?
2. Who was the first Doig to die in Montana?
3. What was Ivan's father's job when Ivan and his parents lived in a cabin in the mountains?
4. When Charlie was helping a scissorbill, who began beating a horse?
5. Who was the classmate that Ivan had met before when his dad was manning a haying crew at a valley ranch owned by her family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the one thing that Ivan cannot remember about his mother?
2. What happened on Ivan's sixth birthday?
3. Where did Bessie work after Tom left and she ended their marriage?
4. Who asked Charlie and Ivan to move in with him so Ivan could start school?
5. Why was it hard for Ivan when he and his father stayed with Ivan's Uncle Angus and his family?
6. What good and bad luck did Charlie Doig, his mother, and brothers have in 1919-1920?
7. Why would Ivan's father work for McGrath?
8. Where did Ivan and his parents go during the last winter of World War II?
9. Describe Thomas Ringer.
10. What business did Charlie and Ruth run together?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)