|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sons did Tom and Bessie have?
2. In the 1890s, what did one Doig family member do for a living until he could size up the Montana countryside?
3. In old photos, what type of hat did Ivan's father wear?
(a) Boonie hat.
(b) Baseball cap.
(c) Stockman's hat.
(d) Cowboy hat.
4. When was the Old Auditorium built in White Sulphur Springs?
5. Mount Edith is the name shown on maps, but what do those who live in the area call the mountain?
(a) Flathead Mountain.
(b) Bitterroot Mountain.
(c) Granite Peak.
(d) Old Baldy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day did Ivan's mother pass away?
2. What mountain did Ivan and his parents live on?
3. From where did Ivan's ancestors emigrate?
4. What town did Tom and Bessie move to after the owner of the ranch where they worked died?
5. How many times did Ivan's parents move camp the summer that they were married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was jacketing?
2. What was boarding out?
3. What determined the distance that was traveled each day as the sheep were herded to the reservation range?
4. Where did Ivan and his parents go during the last winter of World War II?
5. Can Ivan see the sickness to come in the photos of his mother?
6. What would Ivan do when he had a layover during the train trip to and from Northwestern?
7. What was McGrath's philosophy about hiring hands?
8. How would Ivan and Bessie try to save the sheep when they were plagued with ticks?
9. What did Ivan look like as a boy?
10. What did Ivan make to help with herding the sheep to the reservation range?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)