|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Ivan get to school every morning when he was in first grade?
(b) Hitched a ride with a neighbor.
2. What was the main chore that Tom and Bessie performed at the ranch where they lived?
(a) Herd cattle.
(b) Herd sheep.
(c) Mend fences.
(d) Milk cows.
3. When did Charlie go to work at the Dogie ranch?
(a) About 1929.
(b) About 1920.
(c) Around 1925.
(d) About 1930.
4. Where did Bessie's family come from?
5. How many years of schooling did Bessie have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
2. How many times did Ivan's parents move camp the summer that they were married?
3. What creek can be heard from the cabin where Ivan and his parents lived?
4. What was the name of the pet cat that Ivan's parents had?
5. How tall was Ivan's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why would Ivan's father work for McGrath?
2. What business did Charlie and Ruth run together?
3. When did Bessie break her marriage?
4. Why did Charlie decide to ask Bessie to help him with Ivan?
5. Describe Thomas Ringer.
6. Why was it hard for Ivan when he and his father stayed with Ivan's Uncle Angus and his family?
7. What did D.L. Doig raise after his ranch began to prosper?
8. What surprised Ivan's teacher about him?
9. What good and bad luck did Charlie Doig, his mother, and brothers have in 1919-1920?
10. What two sides were there to Charlie Doig?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)