|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Charlie help a scissorbill feed his cattle?
2. In old photos, what type of hat did Ivan's father wear?
(a) Stockman's hat.
(b) Cowboy hat.
(c) Baseball cap.
(d) Boonie hat.
3. What months did Ivan and his parents live in the cabin mentioned in "Time Since."
(a) May and June.
(b) April and May.
(c) June and July.
(d) March and April.
4. What mountain did Ivan and his parents live on?
(a) Bridger Mountain.
(b) Wyatt Mountain.
(c) Spring Mountain.
(d) Hatfield Mountain.
5. How many rooms did the cabin have that Ivan lived in with his parents?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ivan's father's job when Ivan and his parents lived in a cabin in the mountains?
2. How old were the boys at school that Ivan could make flinch with his snowballs?
3. What would Ivan's mother do to keep him quiet and cool on hot afternoons?
4. Where did the Indian tribes retreat to in the early years of settlement after leaving the area where Ivan and his father lived?
5. How many herding dogs appear in the photographs of Ivan's parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was different about Ruth from the other ranch cooks?
2. Describe Thomas Ringer.
3. What happened on Ivan's sixth birthday?
4. What was boarding out?
5. When did Bessie break her marriage?
6. Describe where Ivan lived with his parents when he was six.
7. What two things during Ivan's early weeks in the first grade set off any interest within him?
8. What did Ivan look like as a boy?
9. Where did Bessie work after Tom left and she ended their marriage?
10. Why did Bessie marry Tom Ringer?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)