|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Charlie and Ivan return to live after Berneta died?
(a) White Bridge Mountain.
(b) Smith River Valley.
(c) Spring Valley.
(d) Castle Mountain.
2. How many rooms did the cabin have that Ivan lived in with his parents?
3. What color were Bessie's eyes?
4. Who were Bessie's best friends growing up?
(a) Molly and Anna Bailey.
(b) The Smith sisters.
(c) Phyllis and Rebecca Spriggs.
(d) The Kreb sisters.
5. How many bands of sheep did Ivan's father take on for McGrath?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first Doig to die in Montana?
2. How old was Ivan's grandfather when he came to the United States?
3. How often would the camptender come out to the Doig's cabin?
4. What color was Ivan's hair as a boy?
5. Who brought Charlie and Ivan to live with his family after Berneta's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was boarding out?
2. What did a forest ranger say about Ivan's mother?
3. Why would Ivan's father work for McGrath?
4. What business did Charlie and Ruth run together?
5. Why is the name "Smith River" a misnomer?
6. Where did Bessie work after Tom left and she ended their marriage?
7. Why did Ivan's father and Cliff decide to leave an outfit?
8. What two things during Ivan's early weeks in the first grade set off any interest within him?
9. Who asked Charlie and Ivan to move in with him so Ivan could start school?
10. What did Ivan look like as a boy?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)