|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Ivan's grandfather when he came to the United States?
2. How old was Bessie when she and Tom moved to Montana?
3. How many Doigs are known to have gone off to the United States?
(a) 4 brothers and 3 sisters.
(b) 1 brother and 1 sister.
(c) 3 brothers and 2 sisters.
(d) 2 brothers and 3 sisters.
4. How many years of schooling did Bessie have?
5. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
(a) 3,145 feet.
(b) 6,192 feet.
(c) 1 mile above sea level.
(d) 2,147 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Old Auditorium built in White Sulphur Springs?
2. When did Charlie go to work at the Dogie ranch?
3. What does Ivan's father remember covered the slopes when it was just him and Ivan's mother?
4. In old photos, what type of hat did Ivan's father wear?
5. In what type of shelter did the Ringer family live during their first Montana winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was boarding out?
2. What business did Charlie and Ruth run together?
3. Where did Ivan and his parents go during the last winter of World War II?
4. Why wouldn't Charlie and Ruth end their marriage?
5. Why were the clockless mountain summers over for Charlie Doig when Berneta had died?
6. Who asked Charlie and Ivan to move in with him so Ivan could start school?
7. When did Bessie break her marriage?
8. Why did Bessie marry Tom Ringer?
9. Why did Charlie decide to ask Bessie to help him with Ivan?
10. What did a forest ranger say about Ivan's mother?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)