|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long might Ivan ride a sawbuck pack saddle as he followed his parents when they were herding?
(a) All day.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Half a day.
2. How many times did Ivan's parents move camp the summer that they were married?
(a) 58 times in 60 days.
(b) 15 times in 60 days.
(c) 48 times in 60 days.
(d) 39 times in 60 days.
3. What was the main chore that Tom and Bessie performed at the ranch where they lived?
(a) Herd sheep.
(b) Milk cows.
(c) Mend fences.
(d) Herd cattle.
4. Who was the first Doig to die in Montana?
(a) Andrew Doig.
(b) Peter Doig.
(c) D. L. Doig.
(d) Jack Doig.
5. How would Ivan get to school every morning when he was in first grade?
(c) Hitched a ride with a neighbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles from town was the ranch that Charlie and Ruth ran together after giving up the restaurant?
2. What color was Ivan's hair as a boy?
3. How tall was Ivan's father?
4. What creek can be heard from the cabin where Ivan and his parents lived?
5. When did Tom and Bessie Ringer move to Montana?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Bessie break her marriage?
2. What happened on Ivan's sixth birthday?
3. Describe Ivan's mother as she is seen in the photo album that he has.
4. Who asked Charlie and Ivan to move in with him so Ivan could start school?
5. Why was it hard for Ivan when he and his father stayed with Ivan's Uncle Angus and his family?
6. What did D.L. Doig raise after his ranch began to prosper?
7. What was boarding out?
8. How does a teacher who taught Ivan's mother describe an incident from her life?
9. Why were the clockless mountain summers over for Charlie Doig when Berneta had died?
10. Why did Bessie marry Tom Ringer?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)