|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children did Ruth have after divorcing Charlie?
2. When did Charlie go to work at the Dogie ranch?
(a) Around 1925.
(b) About 1930.
(c) About 1920.
(d) About 1929.
3. What would come for Ivan in the mail with the camptender?
(a) Comic books.
(b) School lessons.
(c) Books from a lending library.
(d) Letters from his grandparents.
4. How much did it cost to get cottonseed cake to the ranch for the sheep during the winter of 1948-49?
5. When did Ivan's grandfather come to the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ivan was in first grade, what color hair did the classmate have that Ivan had met before?
2. How old was Ivan when his mother died?
3. What was the name of the ranch where Tom and Bessie found work?
4. Where did Ivan's father have a small scar?
5. What time of day did Ivan's mother pass away?
Short Essay Questions
1. When did Bessie break her marriage?
2. What happened on Ivan's sixth birthday?
3. Who asked Charlie and Ivan to move in with him so Ivan could start school?
4. What two sides were there to Charlie Doig?
5. How does a teacher who taught Ivan's mother describe an incident from her life?
6. Why wouldn't Charlie and Ruth end their marriage?
7. Why would Ivan's father work for McGrath?
8. What did D.L. Doig raise after his ranch began to prosper?
9. Why did Bessie marry Tom Ringer?
10. Why were the clockless mountain summers over for Charlie Doig when Berneta had died?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)