|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far was the new ranch that McGrath was leasing from the Camas ranch?
(a) 200 miles.
(b) 50 miles.
(c) 130 miles.
(d) 175 miles.
2. In the year and a half after Ivan left Ringling, how many different places did he live?
3. What instrument could Rudy play?
4. How often would Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan refill their water cans when they were on the reservation range?
(a) Every fourth day.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Every second or third evening.
(d) Every day.
5. What had one of Ivan's cousins gone to college to learn?
6. Who was Ivan's closest friend at Latham?
7. Which dog learned to retrieve what Charlie and Ivan would shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
8. How long did it take by train to get from Montana to Chicago?
(a) 32 hours.
(b) 29 hours.
(c) 26 hours.
(d) 40 hours.
9. How many acres was the Jensen ranch?
(a) 1,500 acres.
(b) 2,500 acres.
(c) 4,000 acres.
(d) 5,100 acres.
10. Where would Ivan have a layover when he took the train to and from Northwestern?
(d) St. Paul.
11. How was Angus, Charlie's brother, injured the second summer that Ivan was back from college?
(a) His horse fell with him.
(b) He fell off a combine.
(c) He was in a fight.
(d) He got trampled by cattle.
12. What was the name of the place where Ivan and the other financial-aid students stayed?
(a) Smythe House.
(b) Lincoln House.
(c) Latham House.
(d) Whitten House.
13. How many men had stayed working as crew with McGrath through the years?
14. How many of Bessie's children lived in White Sulphur?
(a) Three daughters.
(b) Two sons and one daughter.
(c) One son and one daughter.
(d) Two sons.
15. What was the name of the reservation where the sheep were going to pasture?
Short Answer Questions
1. During the second summer herding sheep on the reservation range, how long did it take to move the sheep four miles during a freak July storm?
2. How many new students were there at Ivan's new high school?
3. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
4. What work did Charlie and Bessie do in Dupuyer during Ivan's last year of high school?
5. What county was one of the prime sheep areas of Montana?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)