|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many ewes had McGrath put on the grass at Camas?
2. How many acres was the Jensen ranch?
(a) 1,500 acres.
(b) 5,100 acres.
(c) 4,000 acres.
(d) 2,500 acres.
3. When was it first noticed that Charlie was having breathing problems?
4. Who wrote "Trains cross the continent in a swirl of dust and thunder"?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Thomas Wolfe.
(c) Harper Lee.
(d) John Steinbeck.
5. What instrument could Rudy play?
6. Where would Ivan have a layover when he took the train to and from Northwestern?
(a) St. Paul.
7. When did Charlie die?
(a) January 1971.
(b) April 1971.
(c) March 1970.
(d) May 1970.
8. How far was the reservation range from Dupuyer?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 30 miles.
9. What nationality were the sheep shearers who sheared the sheep when they were on the reservation range?
10. How did Ivan get to the place where he got a job his second summer of hiring out?
(a) An old Dodge pickup.
(b) An old Chevy car.
(c) An old Dodge car.
(d) An old Ford pickup.
11. How many children did Mrs. Tidyman have?
(a) Two sons and two daughters.
(b) Four sons.
(c) Three sons and one daughter.
(d) Three daughters.
12. Near what range was the Camas ranch?
(a) Bridger Mountains.
(b) Bitterroot Range.
(c) Big Belts.
(d) Big Sheep.
13. What old machine did Ivan like to play in and around at the Camas Ranch?
(a) A disc.
(b) A combine.
(c) An old tractor.
(d) A reaper.
14. When did Charlie learn what was causing his shortness of breath?
15. How much time would Ivan spend traveling to be able to spend five or six days in Montana in March?
(a) 1 1/2 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 1/2 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
2. What was the name of the reservation where the sheep were going to pasture?
3. Where were Charlie and Bessie working when Ivan came home from his first year of college?
4. When did Ivan marry Carol Muller?
5. How many days of the year did Gertie Chadwick keep her cafe open?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)