|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far was the high school from Dupuyer?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 25 miles.
(c) 15 miles.
(d) 20 miles.
2. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
(a) May 1954.
(b) April 1955.
(c) March 1956.
(d) March 1954.
3. Who was Ivan's closest friend at Latham?
4. How many weeks before McGrath offered Charlie the job on another ranch had Ivan started high school?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Eight weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Five weeks.
5. What river carved the southern boundary of the grazing land for the sheep on the reservation?
(a) The Two Medicine River.
(b) Flathead River.
(c) Swan River.
(d) Clearwater River.
6. When did Ivan marry Carol Muller?
7. What branch of the military did Ivan serve in?
(a) Air Force.
8. During Ivan's second summer of hiring out, where did wheat have to be taken twice a day?
(d) Cut Bank.
9. How many days would the sheep graze on the reservation?
(a) About 75 days.
(b) About 90 days.
(c) Over 100 days.
(d) About 120 days.
10. Where did Bessie spend the Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range?
(d) White Sulphur Springs.
11. What work did Charlie and Bessie do in Dupuyer during Ivan's last year of high school?
(a) Ran a cafe.
(b) Nothing, they took it easy.
(c) She cooked and he was a ranch hand nearby.
12. How many men did Charlie hire for the hay harvest at the Camas?
13. Which dog learned to retrieve what Charlie and Ivan would shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
14. How many days of the year did Gertie Chadwick keep her cafe open?
(a) 360 days.
(b) 364 1/2 days.
(c) 350 days.
(d) 363 days.
15. What was the name of the Chadwicks' son?
(a) Tommy Chad.
(d) Billy Bob.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would Ivan have a layover when he took the train to and from Northwestern?
2. What was the single room called that Ivan qualified for when he was in college?
3. During the second summer herding sheep on the reservation range, how long did it take to move the sheep four miles during a freak July storm?
4. In what year did Ivan finish his first year of college?
5. What flocks of birds did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan see when they were on the reservation range?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)