|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What other brother of Charlie's was injured by a horse?
2. How many children did Mrs. Tidyman have?
(a) Four sons.
(b) Three daughters.
(c) Three sons and one daughter.
(d) Two sons and two daughters.
3. Who wrote "Trains cross the continent in a swirl of dust and thunder"?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Harper Lee.
(c) John Steinbeck.
(d) Thomas Wolfe.
4. What was the name of the delicatessen-cafe-hangout that was near where Ivan stayed in college?
(a) The Hut.
(b) The Cafe.
(c) The Eatery.
(d) The Deli.
5. Where did McGrath want Charlie to help him with a ranch?
6. From where did Gertie Chadwick's family immigrate?
7. How many miles was it to the nearest town from the Jensen ranch?
(a) 12 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 9 miles.
(d) 21 miles.
8. In the fall after herding sheep on the reservation range, how many students were in Ivan's class at Valier?
9. How many weeks before McGrath offered Charlie the job on another ranch had Ivan started high school?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Eight weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
10. Who wrote articles in one of the region's weekly newspapers about the activities of his tribesmen?
(a) Black Pony.
(b) Weasel Necklace.
(c) Crow Flies.
11. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
(a) March 1956.
(b) May 1954.
(c) April 1955.
(d) March 1954.
12. In what year did Ivan finish his first year of college?
13. Which classmate of Ivan's filmed a baseball instructional film at Wrigley Field?
14. Before Ivan's grandmother came back into his life, how many different places had he lived with his father?
(a) 5 to 6 different places.
(b) 7 to 8 different places.
(c) 2 to 3 different places.
(d) 4 to 5 different places.
15. How did Ivan get to the place where he got a job his second summer of hiring out?
(a) An old Dodge pickup.
(b) An old Chevy car.
(c) An old Dodge car.
(d) An old Ford pickup.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Ivan drove himself and Bessie back to the reservation range after a week away, how many years did he realize that he, Charlie, and Bessie had managed to stay together?
2. When was Dupuyer first settled?
3. What project did McGrath want Charlie to do shortly after the sheep were settled on the grass at the reservation?
4. When did Ivan qualify for a room of his own in college?
5. What would Charlie and Ivan shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)