|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where did Gertie Chadwick's family immigrate?
2. What would Charlie and Ivan shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
(d) Ducks and geese.
3. Who lived in a ranch colony beyond the second ridgeline to the south of the Jensen ranch?
4. During Charlie's absence, how many days did Bessie and Ivan have to spend every daylight hour patrolling the sheep grazing on the reservation?
5. A crew member was hired by McGrath who had to sober up. Where was he from?
6. How often would Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan refill their water cans when they were on the reservation range?
(a) Every day.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Every fourth day.
(d) Every second or third evening.
7. Who was Ivan's closest friend at Latham?
8. How many men had stayed working as crew with McGrath through the years?
9. As Ivan drove himself and Bessie back to the reservation range after a week away, how many years did he realize that he, Charlie, and Bessie had managed to stay together?
(a) Four years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
10. What instrument could Rudy play?
11. Where was the high school located that Ivan attended when his father moved to the new leased ranch?
(b) Pierce Crossing.
12. When would lambing season begin?
13. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
(a) May 1954.
(b) April 1955.
(c) March 1956.
(d) March 1954.
14. During the second summer herding sheep on the reservation range, how long did it take to move the sheep four miles during a freak July storm?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 20 hours.
(c) 10 hours.
(d) 12 hours.
15. Who wrote articles in one of the region's weekly newspapers about the activities of his tribesmen?
(a) Crow Flies.
(c) Weasel Necklace.
(d) Black Pony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did Bessie give the birds that she saw on the reservation range?
2. What was the name of the place where Ivan and the other financial-aid students stayed?
3. How long did Angus linger before he died?
4. How far was the reservation range from Dupuyer?
5. How much time would Ivan spend traveling to be able to spend five or six days in Montana in March?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)