|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bessie spend the Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range?
(d) White Sulphur Springs.
2. Which classmate of Ivan's filmed a baseball instructional film at Wrigley Field?
3. How many butts of hay would Charlie have to get stacked at Camas?
4. What river carved the southern boundary of the grazing land for the sheep on the reservation?
(a) The Two Medicine River.
(b) Swan River.
(c) Flathead River.
(d) Clearwater River.
5. When was Dupuyer first settled?
6. When would lambing season begin?
7. Near where did Ivan get a job his second summer of hiring out?
(a) Cut Bank.
(c) Whiskey Gap.
8. What work did Charlie and Bessie do in Dupuyer during Ivan's last year of high school?
(a) She cooked and he was a ranch hand nearby.
(b) Ran a cafe.
(c) Nothing, they took it easy.
9. Where were Charlie and Bessie working when Ivan came home from his first year of college?
(a) Battle Creek Ranch.
(b) McTaggart Ranch.
(c) Camas Ranch.
(d) McGrath Ranch.
10. How far was the reservation range from Dupuyer?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 25 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 30 miles.
11. In the year and a half after Ivan left Ringling, how many different places did he live?
12. Where did Bessie and Ivan go for a week and leave Charlie to herd the sheep alone at the reservation range?
(a) White Sulphur Springs.
13. When did Bessie die?
14. In what mountain range was the Jensen ranch?
(a) Sawtooth Range.
(b) Pioneer Mountains.
(c) Whitefish Range.
(d) Judith Mountains.
15. Which dog learned to retrieve what Charlie and Ivan would shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Charlie learn what was causing his shortness of breath?
2. How far was the new ranch that McGrath was leasing from the Camas ranch?
3. How many acres was the Jensen ranch?
4. How much time would Ivan spend traveling to be able to spend five or six days in Montana in March?
5. How did Ivan get to the place where he got a job his second summer of hiring out?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)