|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where were Charlie and Bessie working when Ivan came home his second summer?
(a) Higgins Ranch.
(b) Camas Ranch.
(c) Jensen Ranch.
(d) McTaggert Ranch.
2. In the year and a half after Ivan left Ringling, how many different places did he live?
3. How many ewes had McGrath put on the grass at Camas?
4. How often would Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan refill their water cans when they were on the reservation range?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Every day.
(c) Every second or third evening.
(d) Every fourth day.
5. What job does Ivan take the summer before his senior year of college?
(a) A job at the college.
(b) A job haying.
(c) A job on the ranch where Bessie and Charlie are working.
(d) A job near Cut Bank.
6. How many new students were there at Ivan's new high school?
7. Before Ivan's grandmother came back into his life, how many different places had he lived with his father?
(a) 7 to 8 different places.
(b) 2 to 3 different places.
(c) 5 to 6 different places.
(d) 4 to 5 different places.
8. How many butts of hay would Charlie have to get stacked at Camas?
9. When was Dupuyer first settled?
10. How many sheep was McGrath planning on putting on the new ranch he planned to lease?
(a) 2,000 ewes.
(b) 6,000 ewes.
(c) 4,500 ewes.
(d) 1,000 ewes.
11. What language did Ivan study that first year in college?
12. In the fall after herding sheep on the reservation range, how many students were in Ivan's class at Valier?
13. What other brother of Charlie's was injured by a horse?
14. How many weeks before McGrath offered Charlie the job on another ranch had Ivan started high school?
(a) Eight weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
15. Who lived in a ranch colony beyond the second ridgeline to the south of the Jensen ranch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the reservation where the sheep were going to pasture?
2. What grade did Ivan get on one of his first quizzes in college?
3. Where was the high school located that Ivan attended when his father moved to the new leased ranch?
4. What river carved the southern boundary of the grazing land for the sheep on the reservation?
5. What was the name of the delicatessen-cafe-hangout that was near where Ivan stayed in college?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)