|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was it first noticed that Charlie was having breathing problems?
2. As Ivan drove himself and Bessie back to the reservation range after a week away, how many years did he realize that he, Charlie, and Bessie had managed to stay together?
(a) Five years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Four years.
3. During Ivan's second summer of hiring out, where did wheat have to be taken twice a day?
(c) Cut Bank.
4. How many new students were there at Ivan's new high school?
5. What nationality were the sheep shearers who sheared the sheep when they were on the reservation range?
6. How many butts of hay would Charlie have to get stacked at Camas?
7. How many weeks before McGrath offered Charlie the job on another ranch had Ivan started high school?
(a) Eight weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
8. A crew member was hired by McGrath who had to sober up. Where was he from?
9. Where would Ivan have a layover when he took the train to and from Northwestern?
(d) St. Paul.
10. In what year did Ivan finish his first year of college?
11. The Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range, how long was Bessie gone?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) One week.
12. How far was the reservation range from Dupuyer?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 25 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 30 miles.
13. What work did Charlie and Bessie do in Dupuyer during Ivan's last year of high school?
(a) Ran a cafe.
(b) Nothing, they took it easy.
(d) She cooked and he was a ranch hand nearby.
14. How long did Angus linger before he died?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three months.
(c) One year.
(d) Two years.
15. Before Ivan's grandmother came back into his life, how many different places had he lived with his father?
(a) 2 to 3 different places.
(b) 7 to 8 different places.
(c) 5 to 6 different places.
(d) 4 to 5 different places.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the fall after herding sheep on the reservation range, how many students were in Ivan's class at Valier?
2. When did Charlie die?
3. Which classmate of Ivan's filmed a baseball instructional film at Wrigley Field?
4. What was the name of the place where Ivan and the other financial-aid students stayed?
5. What was the name of the reservation where the sheep were going to pasture?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)