|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days of the year did Gertie Chadwick keep her cafe open?
(a) 350 days.
(b) 360 days.
(c) 363 days.
(d) 364 1/2 days.
2. The Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range, how long was Bessie gone?
(a) A month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Three weeks.
3. Who was Ivan's closest friend at Latham?
4. How many miles was it to the nearest town from the Jensen ranch?
(a) 12 miles.
(b) 9 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 21 miles.
5. Where did Bessie spend the Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range?
(b) White Sulphur Springs.
6. What nationality were the sheep shearers who sheared the sheep when they were on the reservation range?
7. Near what town did Ivan work that summer after his first year in college?
(a) Near Dupuyer.
(b) Near Shelby.
(c) Near White Sulphur Springs.
(d) Near Valier.
8. During Ivan's first job on his own, what did the hale bays weigh that he had to pile onto a moving truck?
(a) 50 pounds.
(b) 100 pounds.
(c) 75 pounds.
(d) 80 pounds.
9. How many men had stayed working as crew with McGrath through the years?
10. When would lambing season begin?
11. What instrument could Rudy play?
12. What county was one of the prime sheep areas of Montana?
(a) Cascade County.
(b) Broadwater County.
(c) Meagher County.
(d) Fergus County.
13. How many of Bessie's children lived in White Sulphur?
(a) One son and one daughter.
(b) Two sons and one daughter.
(c) Three daughters.
(d) Two sons.
14. A crew member was hired by McGrath who had to sober up. Where was he from?
15. Where did Ivan work at college?
(a) In the campus bookstore.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the cafeteria.
(d) In the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ivan start writing fillers for his senior year of college?
2. In the fall after herding sheep on the reservation range, how many students were in Ivan's class at Valier?
3. How many new students were there at Ivan's new high school?
4. How many butts of hay would Charlie have to get stacked at Camas?
5. Before Ivan's grandmother came back into his life, how many different places had he lived with his father?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)