|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work did Charlie and Bessie do in Dupuyer during Ivan's last year of high school?
(b) She cooked and he was a ranch hand nearby.
(c) Nothing, they took it easy.
(d) Ran a cafe.
2. In what year did Ivan finish his first year of college?
3. What nickname did Bessie give the birds that she saw on the reservation range?
4. In the fall after herding sheep on the reservation range, how many students were in Ivan's class at Valier?
5. During Ivan's second summer of hiring out, what was the name of the boss's son?
6. Where did Bessie spend the Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range?
(d) White Sulphur Springs.
7. During the second summer herding sheep on the reservation range, how long did it take to move the sheep four miles during a freak July storm?
(a) 12 hours.
(b) 6 hours.
(c) 10 hours.
(d) 20 hours.
8. When was Dupuyer first settled?
9. When did Charlie learn what was causing his shortness of breath?
10. The Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range, how long was Bessie gone?
(a) A month.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
11. During Ivan's second summer of hiring out, where did wheat have to be taken twice a day?
(c) Cut Bank.
12. How many days would the sheep graze on the reservation?
(a) About 120 days.
(b) Over 100 days.
(c) About 90 days.
(d) About 75 days.
13. How many weeks before McGrath offered Charlie the job on another ranch had Ivan started high school?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Eight weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Five weeks.
14. In the year and a half after Ivan left Ringling, how many different places did he live?
15. When were the sheep sheared when they were on the reservation range?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where would Ivan have a layover when he took the train to and from Northwestern?
2. Where did Bessie, Charlie, and Ivan go to get groceries when they were on the reservation range?
3. How many men had stayed working as crew with McGrath through the years?
4. How many miles was it to the nearest town from the Jensen ranch?
5. What flocks of birds did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan see when they were on the reservation range?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)