|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationality were the sheep shearers who sheared the sheep when they were on the reservation range?
2. When was Dupuyer first settled?
3. What would Charlie and Ivan shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
(d) Ducks and geese.
4. Who lived in a ranch colony beyond the second ridgeline to the south of the Jensen ranch?
5. How much time would Ivan spend traveling to be able to spend five or six days in Montana in March?
(a) 1 1/2 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 2 1/2 days.
(d) 2 days.
6. How many new students were there at Ivan's new high school?
7. What project did McGrath want Charlie to do shortly after the sheep were settled on the grass at the reservation?
(a) Making a delivery.
(b) Drive a combine.
8. How many ewes had McGrath put on the grass at Camas?
9. When would lambing season begin?
10. How many weeks before McGrath offered Charlie the job on another ranch had Ivan started high school?
(a) Five weeks.
(b) Eight weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
11. During Charlie's absence, how many days did Bessie and Ivan have to spend every daylight hour patrolling the sheep grazing on the reservation?
12. What flocks of birds did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan see when they were on the reservation range?
13. From where did Gertie Chadwick's family immigrate?
14. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
(a) May 1954.
(b) March 1954.
(c) April 1955.
(d) March 1956.
15. Who wrote "Trains cross the continent in a swirl of dust and thunder"?
(a) Thomas Wolfe.
(b) John Steinbeck.
(c) Harper Lee.
(d) Ernest Hemingway.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the fall after herding sheep on the reservation range, how many students were in Ivan's class at Valier?
2. How many days would the sheep graze on the reservation?
3. How many acres was the Jensen ranch?
4. What language did Ivan study that first year in college?
5. What was the diagnosis for Charlie's illness?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)