|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the delicatessen-cafe-hangout that was near where Ivan stayed in college?
(a) The Eatery.
(b) The Hut.
(c) The Cafe.
(d) The Deli.
2. In what mountain range was the Jensen ranch?
(a) Sawtooth Range.
(b) Pioneer Mountains.
(c) Whitefish Range.
(d) Judith Mountains.
3. How many new students were there at Ivan's new high school?
4. How many acres was the Jensen ranch?
(a) 5,100 acres.
(b) 4,000 acres.
(c) 2,500 acres.
(d) 1,500 acres.
5. What instrument could Rudy play?
6. When did Bessie die?
7. What was the single room called that Ivan qualified for when he was in college?
(a) The Broom closet.
(b) The Box.
(d) The Closet.
8. What work did Charlie and Bessie do in Dupuyer during Ivan's last year of high school?
(a) Ran a cafe.
(c) Nothing, they took it easy.
(d) She cooked and he was a ranch hand nearby.
9. What other brother of Charlie's was injured by a horse?
10. How many ewes had McGrath put on the grass at Camas?
11. Where were Charlie and Bessie working when Ivan came home from his first year of college?
(a) Battle Creek Ranch.
(b) McTaggart Ranch.
(c) McGrath Ranch.
(d) Camas Ranch.
12. How many weeks before McGrath offered Charlie the job on another ranch had Ivan started high school?
(a) Eight weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
13. What was the name of the Chadwicks' son?
(a) Billy Bob.
(c) Tommy Chad.
14. How far was the reservation range from Dupuyer?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 25 miles.
(c) 40 miles.
(d) 30 miles.
15. Who wrote "Trains cross the continent in a swirl of dust and thunder"?
(a) Ernest Hemingway.
(b) Harper Lee.
(c) John Steinbeck.
(d) Thomas Wolfe.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the fall after herding sheep on the reservation range, how many students were in Ivan's class at Valier?
2. Where was the high school located that Ivan attended when his father moved to the new leased ranch?
3. How many tons of hay would be harvested at Camas?
4. Where were Charlie and Bessie working when Ivan came home his second summer?
5. Who lived in a ranch colony beyond the second ridgeline to the south of the Jensen ranch?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)