|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Dupuyer first settled?
2. Before Ivan's grandmother came back into his life, how many different places had he lived with his father?
(a) 5 to 6 different places.
(b) 7 to 8 different places.
(c) 2 to 3 different places.
(d) 4 to 5 different places.
3. Where would Ivan have a layover when he took the train to and from Northwestern?
(a) St. Paul.
4. When did Bessie die?
5. Which classmate of Ivan's filmed a baseball instructional film at Wrigley Field?
6. What was the name of the delicatessen-cafe-hangout that was near where Ivan stayed in college?
(a) The Eatery.
(b) The Hut.
(c) The Cafe.
(d) The Deli.
7. During Ivan's second summer of hiring out, where did wheat have to be taken twice a day?
(c) Cut Bank.
8. How long did Angus linger before he died?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six months.
9. Where did Bessie, Charlie, and Ivan go to get groceries when they were on the reservation range?
(d) Cut Bank.
10. What project did McGrath want Charlie to do shortly after the sheep were settled on the grass at the reservation?
(a) Making a delivery.
(b) Drive a combine.
11. Near what range was the Camas ranch?
(a) Bitterroot Range.
(b) Big Sheep.
(c) Big Belts.
(d) Bridger Mountains.
12. What work did Charlie and Bessie do in Dupuyer during Ivan's last year of high school?
(b) Nothing, they took it easy.
(c) Ran a cafe.
(d) She cooked and he was a ranch hand nearby.
13. How many children did Mrs. Tidyman have?
(a) Three daughters.
(b) Four sons.
(c) Three sons and one daughter.
(d) Two sons and two daughters.
14. When did Charlie die?
(a) April 1971.
(b) March 1970.
(c) May 1970.
(d) January 1971.
15. What nickname did Bessie give the birds that she saw on the reservation range?
Short Answer Questions
1. What river carved the southern boundary of the grazing land for the sheep on the reservation?
2. Where did Bessie and Ivan go for a week and leave Charlie to herd the sheep alone at the reservation range?
3. What other brother of Charlie's was injured by a horse?
4. What flocks of birds did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan see when they were on the reservation range?
5. Near where did Ivan get a job his second summer of hiring out?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)