|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Chadwicks' son?
(b) Tommy Chad.
(c) Billy Bob.
2. What was the name of the delicatessen-cafe-hangout that was near where Ivan stayed in college?
(a) The Cafe.
(b) The Hut.
(c) The Deli.
(d) The Eatery.
3. How was Angus, Charlie's brother, injured the second summer that Ivan was back from college?
(a) He fell off a combine.
(b) He got trampled by cattle.
(c) His horse fell with him.
(d) He was in a fight.
4. How many weeks before McGrath offered Charlie the job on another ranch had Ivan started high school?
(a) Eight weeks.
(b) Five weeks.
(c) Six weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
5. Where would Ivan have a layover when he took the train to and from Northwestern?
(a) St. Paul.
6. When did Bessie die?
7. How often would Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan refill their water cans when they were on the reservation range?
(a) Every fourth day.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Every day.
(d) Every second or third evening.
8. How many new students were there at Ivan's new high school?
9. How long did Angus linger before he died?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Three months.
(d) Six months.
10. About how many sheep did Bessie and Ivan lose while Charlie was off helping McGrath?
(a) About 15.
(c) About 20.
11. In the fall after herding sheep on the reservation range, how many students were in Ivan's class at Valier?
12. Near what range was the Camas ranch?
(a) Big Sheep.
(b) Bridger Mountains.
(c) Big Belts.
(d) Bitterroot Range.
13. How long did it take by train to get from Montana to Chicago?
(a) 40 hours.
(b) 32 hours.
(c) 26 hours.
(d) 29 hours.
14. Where did Ivan work at college?
(a) In the campus bookstore.
(b) In the cafeteria.
(c) In the library.
(d) In the kitchen.
15. What job does Ivan take the summer before his senior year of college?
(a) A job haying.
(b) A job near Cut Bank.
(c) A job at the college.
(d) A job on the ranch where Bessie and Charlie are working.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far was the high school from Dupuyer?
2. What instrument could Rudy play?
3. When was Dupuyer first settled?
4. Who was Ivan's advisor in the school of journalism?
5. How many children did Mrs. Tidyman have?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)