|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles was it to the nearest town from the Jensen ranch?
(a) 12 miles.
(b) 9 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 21 miles.
2. Where were Charlie and Bessie working when Ivan came home from his first year of college?
(a) Camas Ranch.
(b) McGrath Ranch.
(c) McTaggart Ranch.
(d) Battle Creek Ranch.
3. What did Ivan start writing fillers for his senior year of college?
(a) A magazine in Milwaukee.
(b) A magazine in Chicago.
(c) A newspaper in Chicago.
(d) A newspaper in Missoula.
4. Near what town did Ivan work that summer after his first year in college?
(a) Near Shelby.
(b) Near Valier.
(c) Near Dupuyer.
(d) Near White Sulphur Springs.
5. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
(a) March 1956.
(b) April 1955.
(c) May 1954.
(d) March 1954.
6. How far was the high school from Dupuyer?
(a) 15 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 25 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
7. Who wrote articles in one of the region's weekly newspapers about the activities of his tribesmen?
(b) Black Pony.
(c) Weasel Necklace.
(d) Crow Flies.
8. In what mountain range was the Jensen ranch?
(a) Whitefish Range.
(b) Pioneer Mountains.
(c) Sawtooth Range.
(d) Judith Mountains.
9. Where did Bessie spend the Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range?
(d) White Sulphur Springs.
10. When were the sheep sheared when they were on the reservation range?
11. The Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range, how long was Bessie gone?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One week.
12. Where did Bessie, Charlie, and Ivan go to get groceries when they were on the reservation range?
(c) Cut Bank.
13. In the fall after herding sheep on the reservation range, how many students were in Ivan's class at Valier?
14. Where was the high school located that Ivan attended when his father moved to the new leased ranch?
(b) Pierce Crossing.
15. How many men had stayed working as crew with McGrath through the years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What had one of Ivan's cousins gone to college to learn?
2. How much time would Ivan spend traveling to be able to spend five or six days in Montana in March?
3. How many tons of hay would be harvested at Camas?
4. How many men did Charlie hire for the hay harvest at the Camas?
5. Who wrote "Trains cross the continent in a swirl of dust and thunder"?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)