|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the Chadwicks' son?
(b) Billy Bob.
(d) Tommy Chad.
2. How far was the new ranch that McGrath was leasing from the Camas ranch?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) 200 miles.
(c) 130 miles.
(d) 175 miles.
3. The Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range, how long was Bessie gone?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) A month.
4. What was the name of the delicatessen-cafe-hangout that was near where Ivan stayed in college?
(a) The Eatery.
(b) The Cafe.
(c) The Hut.
(d) The Deli.
5. Where did Bessie and Ivan go for a week and leave Charlie to herd the sheep alone at the reservation range?
(c) White Sulphur Springs.
6. Where did Bessie, Charlie, and Ivan go to get groceries when they were on the reservation range?
(b) Cut Bank.
7. Who wrote articles in one of the region's weekly newspapers about the activities of his tribesmen?
(b) Weasel Necklace.
(c) Crow Flies.
(d) Black Pony.
8. What other brother of Charlie's was injured by a horse?
9. What was the single room called that Ivan qualified for when he was in college?
(a) The Box.
(c) The Broom closet.
(d) The Closet.
10. Where were Charlie and Bessie working when Ivan came home from his first year of college?
(a) McGrath Ranch.
(b) Battle Creek Ranch.
(c) Camas Ranch.
(d) McTaggart Ranch.
11. How many miles was it to the nearest town from the Jensen ranch?
(a) 12 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 21 miles.
(d) 9 miles.
12. What would Charlie and Ivan shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
(a) Ducks and geese.
13. What nickname did Bessie give the birds that she saw on the reservation range?
14. Who lived in a ranch colony beyond the second ridgeline to the south of the Jensen ranch?
15. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
(a) May 1954.
(b) March 1956.
(c) April 1955.
(d) March 1954.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the fall after herding sheep on the reservation range, how many students were in Ivan's class at Valier?
2. Near what range was the Camas ranch?
3. How many weeks before McGrath offered Charlie the job on another ranch had Ivan started high school?
4. What job does Ivan take the summer before his senior year of college?
5. What was the name of the reservation where the sheep were going to pasture?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)