|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was it first noticed that Charlie was having breathing problems?
2. How far was the high school from Dupuyer?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 20 miles.
(c) 25 miles.
(d) 15 miles.
3. In what mountain range was the Jensen ranch?
(a) Sawtooth Range.
(b) Whitefish Range.
(c) Pioneer Mountains.
(d) Judith Mountains.
4. Where did McGrath want Charlie to help him with a ranch?
5. How many tons of hay would be harvested at Camas?
(a) 2,000 tons.
(b) 1,200 tons.
(c) 1,400 tons.
(d) 1,800 tons.
6. When would lambing season begin?
7. What work did Charlie and Bessie do in Dupuyer during Ivan's last year of high school?
(b) Nothing, they took it easy.
(c) Ran a cafe.
(d) She cooked and he was a ranch hand nearby.
8. How many of Bessie's children lived in White Sulphur?
(a) One son and one daughter.
(b) Two sons and one daughter.
(c) Three daughters.
(d) Two sons.
9. What was the name of the Chadwicks' son?
(a) Tommy Chad.
(c) Billy Bob.
10. Who wrote articles in one of the region's weekly newspapers about the activities of his tribesmen?
(b) Crow Flies.
(c) Weasel Necklace.
(d) Black Pony.
11. Who was Ivan's closest friend at Latham?
12. Where were Charlie and Bessie working when Ivan came home from his first year of college?
(a) McGrath Ranch.
(b) Battle Creek Ranch.
(c) Camas Ranch.
(d) McTaggart Ranch.
13. In what year did Ivan finish his first year of college?
14. When did Charlie die?
(a) January 1971.
(b) April 1971.
(c) May 1970.
(d) March 1970.
15. Where was the high school located that Ivan attended when his father moved to the new leased ranch?
(d) Pierce Crossing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Charlie and Ivan shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
2. What county was one of the prime sheep areas of Montana?
3. During Ivan's second summer of hiring out, what was the name of the boss's son?
4. What was the single room called that Ivan qualified for when he was in college?
5. What project did McGrath want Charlie to do shortly after the sheep were settled on the grass at the reservation?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)