|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many days would the sheep graze on the reservation?
(a) About 90 days.
(b) About 75 days.
(c) Over 100 days.
(d) About 120 days.
2. When was it first noticed that Charlie was having breathing problems?
3. When did Ivan marry Carol Muller?
4. Before Ivan's grandmother came back into his life, how many different places had he lived with his father?
(a) 2 to 3 different places.
(b) 4 to 5 different places.
(c) 7 to 8 different places.
(d) 5 to 6 different places.
5. What would Charlie and Ivan shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
(a) Ducks and geese.
6. How many miles was it to the nearest town from the Jensen ranch?
(a) 12 miles.
(b) 5 miles.
(c) 21 miles.
(d) 9 miles.
7. How far was the new ranch that McGrath was leasing from the Camas ranch?
(a) 130 miles.
(b) 175 miles.
(c) 200 miles.
(d) 50 miles.
8. How many children did Mrs. Tidyman have?
(a) Two sons and two daughters.
(b) Four sons.
(c) Three sons and one daughter.
(d) Three daughters.
9. In what mountain range was the Jensen ranch?
(a) Pioneer Mountains.
(b) Sawtooth Range.
(c) Whitefish Range.
(d) Judith Mountains.
10. What grade did Ivan get on one of his first quizzes in college?
11. When did Bessie die?
12. The Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range, how long was Bessie gone?
(a) One week.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) Three weeks.
13. Where did Bessie spend the Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range?
(c) White Sulphur Springs.
14. How did Ivan get to the place where he got a job his second summer of hiring out?
(a) An old Chevy car.
(b) An old Ford pickup.
(c) An old Dodge pickup.
(d) An old Dodge car.
15. How many acres was the Jensen ranch?
(a) 4,000 acres.
(b) 2,500 acres.
(c) 1,500 acres.
(d) 5,100 acres.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Charlie's absence, how many days did Bessie and Ivan have to spend every daylight hour patrolling the sheep grazing on the reservation?
2. What language did Ivan study that first year in college?
3. What river carved the southern boundary of the grazing land for the sheep on the reservation?
4. What flocks of birds did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan see when they were on the reservation range?
5. When were the sheep sheared when they were on the reservation range?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)