|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the diagnosis for Charlie's illness?
(b) Obstructive lung disease.
2. When was it first noticed that Charlie was having breathing problems?
3. What nationality were the sheep shearers who sheared the sheep when they were on the reservation range?
4. How many butts of hay would Charlie have to get stacked at Camas?
5. Where were Charlie and Bessie working when Ivan came home from his first year of college?
(a) Camas Ranch.
(b) McTaggart Ranch.
(c) McGrath Ranch.
(d) Battle Creek Ranch.
6. What flocks of birds did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan see when they were on the reservation range?
7. Which classmate of Ivan's filmed a baseball instructional film at Wrigley Field?
8. When did Ivan qualify for a room of his own in college?
(a) Junior year.
(b) Sophomore year.
(c) Senior year.
(d) Freshman year.
9. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
(a) May 1954.
(b) April 1955.
(c) March 1954.
(d) March 1956.
10. Who was Ivan's closest friend at Latham?
11. What nickname did Bessie give the birds that she saw on the reservation range?
12. About how many sheep did Bessie and Ivan lose while Charlie was off helping McGrath?
(a) About 15.
(c) About 20.
13. In the fall after herding sheep on the reservation range, how many students were in Ivan's class at Valier?
14. The Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range, how long was Bessie gone?
(a) One week.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) A month.
(d) Two weeks.
15. How many men had stayed working as crew with McGrath through the years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What old machine did Ivan like to play in and around at the Camas Ranch?
2. In what mountain range was the Jensen ranch?
3. Near where did Ivan get a job his second summer of hiring out?
4. What branch of the military did Ivan serve in?
5. What job does Ivan take the summer before his senior year of college?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)