|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What work did Charlie and Bessie do in Dupuyer during Ivan's last year of high school?
(b) Nothing, they took it easy.
(c) She cooked and he was a ranch hand nearby.
(d) Ran a cafe.
2. Where did Ivan work at college?
(a) In the library.
(b) In the campus bookstore.
(c) In the cafeteria.
(d) In the kitchen.
3. What project did McGrath want Charlie to do shortly after the sheep were settled on the grass at the reservation?
(a) Making a delivery.
(c) Drive a combine.
4. Where did Bessie spend the Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range?
(b) White Sulphur Springs.
5. Where was the high school located that Ivan attended when his father moved to the new leased ranch?
(d) Pierce Crossing.
6. How many men had stayed working as crew with McGrath through the years?
7. Who was Ivan's advisor in the school of journalism?
(a) Quinton Wyatt.
(b) Ben Baldwin.
(c) Jon Whittack.
(d) Peter Manson.
8. During Ivan's second summer of hiring out, what was the name of the boss's son?
9. How far was the high school from Dupuyer?
(a) 25 miles.
(b) 15 miles.
(c) 20 miles.
(d) 10 miles.
10. The Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range, how long was Bessie gone?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) A month.
11. How many acres was the Jensen ranch?
(a) 1,500 acres.
(b) 4,000 acres.
(c) 5,100 acres.
(d) 2,500 acres.
12. Which classmate of Ivan's filmed a baseball instructional film at Wrigley Field?
13. Where would Ivan have a layover when he took the train to and from Northwestern?
(a) St. Paul.
14. How many weeks before McGrath offered Charlie the job on another ranch had Ivan started high school?
(a) Eight weeks.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Five weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
15. Where did Bessie, Charlie, and Ivan go to get groceries when they were on the reservation range?
(a) Cut Bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many butts of hay would Charlie have to get stacked at Camas?
2. How far was the reservation range from Dupuyer?
3. Which dog learned to retrieve what Charlie and Ivan would shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
4. From where did Gertie Chadwick's family immigrate?
5. What nationality were the sheep shearers who sheared the sheep when they were on the reservation range?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)