|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did McGrath want Charlie to help him with a ranch?
2. The Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range, how long was Bessie gone?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One week.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) A month.
3. How many new students were there at Ivan's new high school?
4. When were the sheep sheared when they were on the reservation range?
5. Near what range was the Camas ranch?
(a) Big Belts.
(b) Bitterroot Range.
(c) Big Sheep.
(d) Bridger Mountains.
6. Who wrote "Trains cross the continent in a swirl of dust and thunder"?
(a) John Steinbeck.
(b) Harper Lee.
(c) Ernest Hemingway.
(d) Thomas Wolfe.
7. What nationality were the sheep shearers who sheared the sheep when they were on the reservation range?
8. What was the name of the reservation where the sheep were going to pasture?
9. A crew member was hired by McGrath who had to sober up. Where was he from?
10. When did Ivan marry Carol Muller?
11. How many ewes had McGrath put on the grass at Camas?
12. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
(a) March 1954.
(b) March 1956.
(c) May 1954.
(d) April 1955.
13. From where did Gertie Chadwick's family immigrate?
14. What old machine did Ivan like to play in and around at the Camas Ranch?
(a) A reaper.
(b) A disc.
(c) An old tractor.
(d) A combine.
15. Where would Ivan have a layover when he took the train to and from Northwestern?
(d) St. Paul.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Ivan's second summer of hiring out, what was the name of the boss's son?
2. How many days would the sheep graze on the reservation?
3. Before Ivan's grandmother came back into his life, how many different places had he lived with his father?
4. How did Ivan get to the place where he got a job his second summer of hiring out?
5. What county was one of the prime sheep areas of Montana?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)