|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Ivan get to the place where he got a job his second summer of hiring out?
(a) An old Chevy car.
(b) An old Ford pickup.
(c) An old Dodge car.
(d) An old Dodge pickup.
2. Near where did Ivan get a job his second summer of hiring out?
(a) Cut Bank.
(b) Whiskey Gap.
3. How many ewes had McGrath put on the grass at Camas?
4. In the fall after herding sheep on the reservation range, how many students were in Ivan's class at Valier?
5. How many days of the year did Gertie Chadwick keep her cafe open?
(a) 350 days.
(b) 364 1/2 days.
(c) 360 days.
(d) 363 days.
6. Where would Ivan have a layover when he took the train to and from Northwestern?
(b) St. Paul.
7. Near what range was the Camas ranch?
(a) Bridger Mountains.
(b) Big Sheep.
(c) Big Belts.
(d) Bitterroot Range.
8. What was the diagnosis for Charlie's illness?
(b) Obstructive lung disease.
9. The Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range, how long was Bessie gone?
(a) A month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) Three weeks.
10. From where did Gertie Chadwick's family immigrate?
11. When did Charlie learn what was causing his shortness of breath?
12. During Ivan's second summer of hiring out, what was the name of the boss's son?
13. What would Charlie and Ivan shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
(d) Ducks and geese.
14. As Ivan drove himself and Bessie back to the reservation range after a week away, how many years did he realize that he, Charlie, and Bessie had managed to stay together?
(a) Four years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Five years.
15. What grade did Ivan get on one of his first quizzes in college?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Bessie die?
2. When would lambing season begin?
3. A crew member was hired by McGrath who had to sober up. Where was he from?
4. What had one of Ivan's cousins gone to college to learn?
5. What did Ivan start writing fillers for his senior year of college?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)