|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many men did Charlie hire for the hay harvest at the Camas?
2. How was Angus, Charlie's brother, injured the second summer that Ivan was back from college?
(a) He was in a fight.
(b) He fell off a combine.
(c) He got trampled by cattle.
(d) His horse fell with him.
3. How much time would Ivan spend traveling to be able to spend five or six days in Montana in March?
(a) 1 1/2 days.
(b) 2 1/2 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 2 days.
4. How many miles was it to the nearest town from the Jensen ranch?
(a) 21 miles.
(b) 9 miles.
(c) 12 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
5. When was it first noticed that Charlie was having breathing problems?
6. How many acres was the Jensen ranch?
(a) 2,500 acres.
(b) 4,000 acres.
(c) 1,500 acres.
(d) 5,100 acres.
7. Who was Ivan's advisor in the school of journalism?
(a) Ben Baldwin.
(b) Jon Whittack.
(c) Peter Manson.
(d) Quinton Wyatt.
8. Before Ivan's grandmother came back into his life, how many different places had he lived with his father?
(a) 7 to 8 different places.
(b) 2 to 3 different places.
(c) 4 to 5 different places.
(d) 5 to 6 different places.
9. During Ivan's second summer of hiring out, where did wheat have to be taken twice a day?
(b) Cut Bank.
10. When did Bessie die?
11. What branch of the military did Ivan serve in?
(a) Air Force.
12. How did Ivan get to the place where he got a job his second summer of hiring out?
(a) An old Dodge pickup.
(b) An old Chevy car.
(c) An old Dodge car.
(d) An old Ford pickup.
13. When did Charlie learn what was causing his shortness of breath?
14. What work did Charlie and Bessie do in Dupuyer during Ivan's last year of high school?
(b) Nothing, they took it easy.
(c) She cooked and he was a ranch hand nearby.
(d) Ran a cafe.
15. What was the name of the delicatessen-cafe-hangout that was near where Ivan stayed in college?
(a) The Deli.
(b) The Hut.
(c) The Cafe.
(d) The Eatery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Charlie and Ivan shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
2. Who wrote articles in one of the region's weekly newspapers about the activities of his tribesmen?
3. When would lambing season begin?
4. During Ivan's second summer of hiring out, what was the name of the boss's son?
5. What nationality were the sheep shearers who sheared the sheep when they were on the reservation range?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)