|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What project did McGrath want Charlie to do shortly after the sheep were settled on the grass at the reservation?
(c) Making a delivery.
(d) Drive a combine.
2. From where did Gertie Chadwick's family immigrate?
3. How much time would Ivan spend traveling to be able to spend five or six days in Montana in March?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 2 1/2 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 1 1/2 days.
4. Before Ivan's grandmother came back into his life, how many different places had he lived with his father?
(a) 5 to 6 different places.
(b) 4 to 5 different places.
(c) 2 to 3 different places.
(d) 7 to 8 different places.
5. When did Bessie die?
6. When did Ivan marry Carol Muller?
7. Where was the high school located that Ivan attended when his father moved to the new leased ranch?
(d) Pierce Crossing.
8. Where were Charlie and Bessie working when Ivan came home his second summer?
(a) Jensen Ranch.
(b) Higgins Ranch.
(c) Camas Ranch.
(d) McTaggert Ranch.
9. How many days of the year did Gertie Chadwick keep her cafe open?
(a) 364 1/2 days.
(b) 363 days.
(c) 350 days.
(d) 360 days.
10. How many days would the sheep graze on the reservation?
(a) Over 100 days.
(b) About 90 days.
(c) About 75 days.
(d) About 120 days.
11. When were the sheep sheared when they were on the reservation range?
12. What was the name of the Chadwicks' son?
(a) Tommy Chad.
(d) Billy Bob.
13. How many weeks before McGrath offered Charlie the job on another ranch had Ivan started high school?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Eight weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Five weeks.
14. How was Angus, Charlie's brother, injured the second summer that Ivan was back from college?
(a) He was in a fight.
(b) His horse fell with him.
(c) He got trampled by cattle.
(d) He fell off a combine.
15. What river carved the southern boundary of the grazing land for the sheep on the reservation?
(a) Flathead River.
(b) Clearwater River.
(c) Swan River.
(d) The Two Medicine River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ivan start writing fillers for his senior year of college?
2. In what year did Ivan finish his first year of college?
3. What branch of the military did Ivan serve in?
4. Where did Bessie and Ivan go for a week and leave Charlie to herd the sheep alone at the reservation range?
5. Where were Charlie and Bessie working when Ivan came home from his first year of college?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)