|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Ivan's second summer of hiring out, where did wheat have to be taken twice a day?
(b) Cut Bank.
2. Near what range was the Camas ranch?
(a) Big Sheep.
(b) Bitterroot Range.
(c) Bridger Mountains.
(d) Big Belts.
3. Where would Ivan have a layover when he took the train to and from Northwestern?
(b) St. Paul.
4. What was the name of the reservation where the sheep were going to pasture?
5. How many children did Mrs. Tidyman have?
(a) Three sons and one daughter.
(b) Two sons and two daughters.
(c) Four sons.
(d) Three daughters.
6. Near what town did Ivan work that summer after his first year in college?
(a) Near Valier.
(b) Near Dupuyer.
(c) Near Shelby.
(d) Near White Sulphur Springs.
7. When did Charlie die?
(a) May 1970.
(b) April 1971.
(c) March 1970.
(d) January 1971.
8. Who lived in a ranch colony beyond the second ridgeline to the south of the Jensen ranch?
9. When did Ivan marry Carol Muller?
10. How many miles was it to the nearest town from the Jensen ranch?
(a) 12 miles.
(b) 9 miles.
(c) 21 miles.
(d) 5 miles.
11. When would lambing season begin?
12. What was the name of the place where Ivan and the other financial-aid students stayed?
(a) Whitten House.
(b) Lincoln House.
(c) Smythe House.
(d) Latham House.
13. How many sheep was McGrath planning on putting on the new ranch he planned to lease?
(a) 2,000 ewes.
(b) 6,000 ewes.
(c) 4,500 ewes.
(d) 1,000 ewes.
14. What old machine did Ivan like to play in and around at the Camas Ranch?
(a) An old tractor.
(b) A reaper.
(c) A combine.
(d) A disc.
15. How many men had stayed working as crew with McGrath through the years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Ivan take the summer before his senior year of college?
2. A crew member was hired by McGrath who had to sober up. Where was he from?
3. Where did McGrath want Charlie to help him with a ranch?
4. What was the single room called that Ivan qualified for when he was in college?
5. What nationality were the sheep shearers who sheared the sheep when they were on the reservation range?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)