|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bessie spend the Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range?
(b) White Sulphur Springs.
2. What would Charlie and Ivan shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
(b) Ducks and geese.
3. How far was the new ranch that McGrath was leasing from the Camas ranch?
(a) 130 miles.
(b) 50 miles.
(c) 200 miles.
(d) 175 miles.
4. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
(a) March 1954.
(b) March 1956.
(c) April 1955.
(d) May 1954.
5. In the year and a half after Ivan left Ringling, how many different places did he live?
6. How long did it take by train to get from Montana to Chicago?
(a) 32 hours.
(b) 26 hours.
(c) 40 hours.
(d) 29 hours.
7. What did Ivan start writing fillers for his senior year of college?
(a) A magazine in Milwaukee.
(b) A newspaper in Missoula.
(c) A magazine in Chicago.
(d) A newspaper in Chicago.
8. What county was one of the prime sheep areas of Montana?
(a) Broadwater County.
(b) Fergus County.
(c) Meagher County.
(d) Cascade County.
9. When did Charlie learn what was causing his shortness of breath?
10. How many days would the sheep graze on the reservation?
(a) About 75 days.
(b) Over 100 days.
(c) About 120 days.
(d) About 90 days.
11. When did Bessie die?
12. Which dog learned to retrieve what Charlie and Ivan would shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
13. Where did Ivan work at college?
(a) In the cafeteria.
(b) In the campus bookstore.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the library.
14. How far was the high school from Dupuyer?
(a) 20 miles.
(b) 15 miles.
(c) 10 miles.
(d) 25 miles.
15. Who was Ivan's advisor in the school of journalism?
(a) Quinton Wyatt.
(b) Ben Baldwin.
(c) Peter Manson.
(d) Jon Whittack.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range, how long was Bessie gone?
2. In what mountain range was the Jensen ranch?
3. How many tons of hay would be harvested at Camas?
4. What had one of Ivan's cousins gone to college to learn?
5. During Charlie's absence, how many days did Bessie and Ivan have to spend every daylight hour patrolling the sheep grazing on the reservation?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)