|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the delicatessen-cafe-hangout that was near where Ivan stayed in college?
(a) The Hut.
(b) The Eatery.
(c) The Cafe.
(d) The Deli.
2. How many men did Charlie hire for the hay harvest at the Camas?
3. What was the diagnosis for Charlie's illness?
(d) Obstructive lung disease.
4. What work did Charlie and Bessie do in Dupuyer during Ivan's last year of high school?
(a) She cooked and he was a ranch hand nearby.
(b) Ran a cafe.
(d) Nothing, they took it easy.
5. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
(a) May 1954.
(b) April 1955.
(c) March 1954.
(d) March 1956.
6. What instrument could Rudy play?
7. Which dog learned to retrieve what Charlie and Ivan would shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
8. How many children did Mrs. Tidyman have?
(a) Four sons.
(b) Two sons and two daughters.
(c) Three daughters.
(d) Three sons and one daughter.
9. What would Charlie and Ivan shoot to eat when they were on the reservation range?
(c) Ducks and geese.
10. When were the sheep sheared when they were on the reservation range?
11. During Ivan's second summer of hiring out, where did wheat have to be taken twice a day?
(d) Cut Bank.
12. During Charlie's absence, how many days did Bessie and Ivan have to spend every daylight hour patrolling the sheep grazing on the reservation?
13. When would lambing season begin?
14. Where did McGrath want Charlie to help him with a ranch?
15. The Christmas after herding the sheep on the reservation range, how long was Bessie gone?
(a) One week.
(b) A month.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the year and a half after Ivan left Ringling, how many different places did he live?
2. Where did Ivan work at college?
3. What other brother of Charlie's was injured by a horse?
4. How many new students were there at Ivan's new high school?
5. In what year did Ivan finish his first year of college?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)