|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Charlie and Ivan return to live after Berneta died?
(a) Smith River Valley.
(b) White Bridge Mountain.
(c) Castle Mountain.
(d) Spring Valley.
2. Why did Ivan's mother tell a teacher not to use a well?
(a) There was a dead snake in the well.
(b) There was a dead animal in the well.
(c) There was a dead cat in the well.
(d) There were mice in the well.
3. When was the Old Auditorium built in White Sulphur Springs?
4. How many bands of sheep did Ivan's father take on for McGrath?
5. How old was Ivan when his mother died?
6. How many children did Ruth have after divorcing Charlie?
7. Where did Tom and Bessie Ringer move from when they moved to Montana?
8. What Indian tribes used to live in the area where Ivan and his father lived?
(c) Piegan Blackfeet.
9. Who was herding on Grassy Mountain when Charlie helped a scissorbill?
(a) Deaf John.
(b) George Washington Hopkins.
(c) Mulligan John.
(d) Diamond Tony.
10. What color were the dogs that appear with the photographs of Ivan's parents?
(c) Black and tan.
(d) White and black.
11. When Charlie was helping a scissorbill, who began beating a horse?
12. When did Rose Gordon graduate from high school?
13. How many years of schooling did Bessie have?
14. Who was the classmate that Ivan had met before when his dad was manning a haying crew at a valley ranch owned by her family?
(a) Susan Buckingham.
(b) Peter Alexander.
(c) Jane Browning.
(d) John Woods.
15. Where in Montana in the early years was gold being flushed out of every gravel gulch?
(d) Smith River Valley.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Doigs are known to have gone off to the United States?
2. What was the name of the kid who called Ivan "Ivy" and bothered him when he was walking to the movies with Charlie and Ruth?
3. How tall was Ivan's father?
4. During what decade did settlers first come into Ivan's area of Montana?
5. How old was Bessie when she and Tom moved to Montana?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)