|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Ivan's parents move camp the summer that they were married?
(a) 48 times in 60 days.
(b) 15 times in 60 days.
(c) 58 times in 60 days.
(d) 39 times in 60 days.
2. How old were the boys at school that Ivan could make flinch with his snowballs?
(a) Fifth graders.
(b) Fourth graders.
(c) Third graders.
(d) Sixth graders.
3. What would Ivan's mother do to keep him quiet and cool on hot afternoons?
(a) Read to him.
(b) Play cards with him.
(c) Let him play in the trees.
(d) Let him play in the creek.
4. What was Bessie's father's name?
5. When did Charlie go to work at the Dogie ranch?
(a) About 1930.
(b) About 1929.
(c) About 1920.
(d) Around 1925.
6. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
(a) 2,147 feet.
(b) 3,145 feet.
(c) 6,192 feet.
(d) 1 mile above sea level.
7. Who was herding on Grassy Mountain when Charlie helped a scissorbill?
(a) George Washington Hopkins.
(b) Diamond Tony.
(c) Deaf John.
(d) Mulligan John.
8. How much did Charlie Doig weigh?
(a) 135 pounds.
(b) 145 pounds.
(c) 155 pounds.
(d) 180 pounds.
9. Where did Tom and Bessie Ringer move from when they moved to Montana?
10. Where did one Doig family member emigrate other than the U.S.?
11. How many children did Ruth have after divorcing Charlie?
12. How many students were in Ivan's first grade classroom?
13. How old was Ivan when his mother died?
14. When did Tom and Bessie Ringer move to Montana?
15. What color were the dogs that appear with the photographs of Ivan's parents?
(c) Black and tan.
(d) White and black.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the kid who called Ivan "Ivy" and bothered him when he was walking to the movies with Charlie and Ruth?
2. The summer they were married, near where did Ivan's father and mother live?
3. How tall was Ivan's father?
4. Mount Edith is the name shown on maps, but what do those who live in the area call the mountain?
5. What time of day did Ivan's mother pass away?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)