|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many birds could Ivan's father shoot at a time in the days before Ivan was born?
2. How many miles from town was the ranch that Charlie and Ruth ran together after giving up the restaurant?
(a) 5 miles.
(b) 10 miles.
(c) 30 miles.
(d) 25 miles.
3. When did Charlie and Ruth marry?
4. In what type of shelter did the Ringer family live during their first Montana winter?
(a) Photographer's tent.
(b) A small house in Ringling.
(c) Herding cabin.
(d) Lean to.
5. Where did Ivan's father have a small scar?
(a) On his neck.
(b) On his left hand.
(c) On his forearm.
(d) On his chin.
6. What mountain did Ivan and his parents live on?
(a) Bridger Mountain.
(b) Wyatt Mountain.
(c) Spring Mountain.
(d) Hatfield Mountain.
7. Where did Bessie's family come from?
8. How many Doigs are known to have gone off to the United States?
(a) 3 brothers and 2 sisters.
(b) 1 brother and 1 sister.
(c) 4 brothers and 3 sisters.
(d) 2 brothers and 3 sisters.
9. Where did Tom and Bessie Ringer move from when they moved to Montana?
10. When did Tom and Bessie Ringer move to Montana?
11. In the 1890s, what did one Doig family member do for a living until he could size up the Montana countryside?
12. How many herding dogs appear in the photographs of Ivan's parents?
13. What was the name of the restaurant that Charlie and Ruth ran together?
(a) The Cookhouse.
(b) The Supper Spot.
(c) The Cafe.
(d) The Grill.
14. How many sons did Tom and Bessie have?
15. Where did one Doig family member emigrate other than the U.S.?
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Ivan get to school every morning when he was in first grade?
2. At what town in Montana, did Tom, Bessie and Berneta leave the train?
3. What would Ivan's mother do to keep him quiet and cool on hot afternoons?
4. When did Ivan's grandfather come to the United States?
5. Where in Montana in the early years was gold being flushed out of every gravel gulch?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)