|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sheep could Matt Van Patton shear in a day?
2. What was the name of the pet cat that Ivan's parents had?
(b) Billy Bob.
(c) Pete Olson.
(d) William Tell.
3. What color were Ruth's eyes?
4. How many people lived in White Sulphur Springs when Ivan was a boy?
5. During what decade did settlers first come into Ivan's area of Montana?
6. What time of day did Ivan's mother pass away?
7. Where did Tom's family come from?
8. When did Ivan's grandfather come to the United States?
9. At what town in Montana, did Tom, Bessie and Berneta leave the train?
(a) Three Forks.
(b) White Sulphur Springs.
(c) Castle Mountain.
10. Where in Montana in the early years was gold being flushed out of every gravel gulch?
(d) Smith River Valley.
11. What was Ivan's father's job when Ivan and his parents lived in a cabin in the mountains?
(a) Ranch hand.
(c) Cow herder.
(d) Sheep herder.
12. When did Charlie help a scissorbill feed his cattle?
13. What would Ivan's mother do to keep him quiet and cool on hot afternoons?
(a) Play cards with him.
(b) Read to him.
(c) Let him play in the creek.
(d) Let him play in the trees.
14. What would come for Ivan in the mail with the camptender?
(a) School lessons.
(b) Letters from his grandparents.
(c) Comic books.
(d) Books from a lending library.
15. Where did Charlie and Ivan return to live after Berneta died?
(a) Spring Valley.
(b) Smith River Valley.
(c) White Bridge Mountain.
(d) Castle Mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of shelter did the Ringer family live during their first Montana winter?
2. What creek can be heard from the cabin where Ivan and his parents lived?
3. How many bands of sheep did Ivan's father take on for McGrath?
4. How often were Ivan's parents supposed to move when they were on the forest reserve?
5. How would Ivan get to school every morning when he was in first grade?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)