|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what town in Montana, did Tom, Bessie and Berneta leave the train?
(b) White Sulphur Springs.
(c) Castle Mountain.
(d) Three Forks.
2. How often were Ivan's parents supposed to move when they were on the forest reserve?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Every two weeks.
(c) About every day.
(d) Once a month.
3. When did Charlie go to work at the Dogie ranch?
(a) About 1920.
(b) About 1929.
(c) Around 1925.
(d) About 1930.
4. Why did Ivan's mother tell a teacher not to use a well?
(a) There were mice in the well.
(b) There was a dead cat in the well.
(c) There was a dead snake in the well.
(d) There was a dead animal in the well.
5. How many people lived in White Sulphur Springs when Ivan was a boy?
6. What color were Ruth's eyes?
7. How old was Ivan when his mother died?
8. What does Ivan's father remember covered the slopes when it was just him and Ivan's mother?
9. When did Ivan's mother die?
(a) May 27, 1945.
(b) June 27, 1945.
(c) July 15, 1946.
(d) June 1, 1945.
10. For whom was the Smith River named during the era of the Lewis and Clark expedition?
(a) Secretary of War.
(b) U.S. Attorney General.
(c) Secretary of the Navy Department.
(d) Secretary of the Treasury.
11. How would Ivan get to school every morning when he was in first grade?
(b) Hitched a ride with a neighbor.
12. How many birds could Ivan's father shoot at a time in the days before Ivan was born?
13. What time of day did Ivan's mother pass away?
14. How old was Charles Doig when his wife died?
15. What killed Ivan's mother?
(a) An accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Bessie's best friends growing up?
2. When did Charlie help a scissorbill feed his cattle?
3. Who was the classmate that Ivan had met before when his dad was manning a haying crew at a valley ranch owned by her family?
4. Who was herding on Grassy Mountain when Charlie helped a scissorbill?
5. When did Tom and Bessie Ringer move to Montana?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)