|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color was Ivan's hair as a boy?
2. What was Bessie's father's name?
3. What was Ivan's father's job when Ivan and his parents lived in a cabin in the mountains?
(a) Ranch hand.
(c) Sheep herder.
(d) Cow herder.
4. When did Charlie help a scissorbill feed his cattle?
5. What creek can be heard from the cabin where Ivan and his parents lived?
(a) Mountain Valley Creek.
(b) Spring Valley Creek.
(c) Sixteenmile Creek.
(d) Ripple Creek.
6. How much did Charlie Doig weigh?
(a) 135 pounds.
(b) 155 pounds.
(c) 145 pounds.
(d) 180 pounds.
7. In what type of shelter did the Ringer family live during their first Montana winter?
(a) Lean to.
(b) A small house in Ringling.
(c) Herding cabin.
(d) Photographer's tent.
8. When did Rose Gordon graduate from high school?
9. How many bands of sheep did Ivan's father take on for McGrath?
10. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
(a) 6,192 feet.
(b) 1 mile above sea level.
(c) 2,147 feet.
(d) 3,145 feet.
11. Where did Tom and Bessie Ringer move from when they moved to Montana?
12. What color were Berneta's eyes?
13. When did an earthquake damage the Old Auditorium in White Sulphur Springs?
14. What color were the dogs that appear with the photographs of Ivan's parents?
(b) White and black.
(c) Black and tan.
15. In the 1890s, what did one Doig family member do for a living until he could size up the Montana countryside?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was herding on Grassy Mountain when Charlie helped a scissorbill?
2. At times, how much would Bessie weigh?
3. Where did Bessie's family come from?
4. Where did Tom's family come from?
5. How many Doigs are known to have gone off to the United States?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)