|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the 1890s, what did one Doig family member do for a living until he could size up the Montana countryside?
2. Who was the first Doig to die in Montana?
(a) Andrew Doig.
(b) D. L. Doig.
(c) Jack Doig.
(d) Peter Doig.
3. How many children did Ruth have after divorcing Charlie?
4. What was the name of the ranch where Tom and Bessie found work?
(b) Moss Agate.
(c) Battle Creek.
(d) Smith Ranch.
5. Mount Edith is the name shown on maps, but what do those who live in the area call the mountain?
(a) Bitterroot Mountain.
(b) Flathead Mountain.
(c) Granite Peak.
(d) Old Baldy.
6. Where did Ivan's father have a small scar?
(a) On his forearm.
(b) On his chin.
(c) On his neck.
(d) On his left hand.
7. For whom was the Smith River named during the era of the Lewis and Clark expedition?
(a) U.S. Attorney General.
(b) Secretary of the Treasury.
(c) Secretary of the Navy Department.
(d) Secretary of War.
8. During what decade did settlers first come into Ivan's area of Montana?
9. How many bands of sheep did Ivan's father take on for McGrath?
10. When did an earthquake damage the Old Auditorium in White Sulphur Springs?
11. When did Rose Gordon graduate from high school?
12. Where did Tom's family come from?
13. What was Ivan's father's job when Ivan and his parents lived in a cabin in the mountains?
(b) Ranch hand.
(c) Sheep herder.
(d) Cow herder.
14. When Charlie was helping a scissorbill, who began beating a horse?
15. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
(a) 1 mile above sea level.
(b) 3,145 feet.
(c) 2,147 feet.
(d) 6,192 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time of day did Ivan's mother pass away?
2. How much did it cost to get cottonseed cake to the ranch for the sheep during the winter of 1948-49?
3. How would Ivan get to school every morning when he was in first grade?
4. How old was Ivan's grandfather when he came to the United States?
5. From where did Ivan's ancestors emigrate?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)