|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms did the cabin have that Ivan lived in with his parents?
2. What was the name of the pet cat that Ivan's parents had?
(a) Pete Olson.
(b) William Tell.
(d) Billy Bob.
3. In what type of shelter did the Ringer family live during their first Montana winter?
(a) Photographer's tent.
(b) Herding cabin.
(c) A small house in Ringling.
(d) Lean to.
4. During what decade did settlers first come into Ivan's area of Montana?
5. What color were Bessie's eyes?
6. When did Charlie and Ruth marry?
7. How many children did Ruth have after divorcing Charlie?
8. How many times did Ivan's parents move camp the summer that they were married?
(a) 39 times in 60 days.
(b) 48 times in 60 days.
(c) 58 times in 60 days.
(d) 15 times in 60 days.
9. How often would the camptender come out to the Doig's cabin?
(a) Every other week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Once a week.
(d) About every ten days.
10. Who was the classmate that Ivan had met before when his dad was manning a haying crew at a valley ranch owned by her family?
(a) Jane Browning.
(b) Susan Buckingham.
(c) John Woods.
(d) Peter Alexander.
11. Mount Edith is the name shown on maps, but what do those who live in the area call the mountain?
(a) Old Baldy.
(b) Bitterroot Mountain.
(c) Flathead Mountain.
(d) Granite Peak.
12. How many miles from town was the ranch that Charlie and Ruth ran together after giving up the restaurant?
(a) 10 miles.
(b) 25 miles.
(c) 5 miles.
(d) 30 miles.
13. How tall was Ivan's father?
(a) Five feet and eight inches.
(b) Nearly six feet tall.
(c) Five-and-one-half feet tall.
(d) Six feet tall.
14. How much did it cost to get cottonseed cake to the ranch for the sheep during the winter of 1948-49?
15. What did D. L. Doig raise as a hobby at his Montana ranch?
(c) Brown Leghorn chickens.
(d) Rhode Island Red chickens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main chore that Tom and Bessie performed at the ranch where they lived?
2. How many sons did Tom and Bessie have?
3. What mountain did Ivan and his parents live on?
4. Where did the Indian tribes retreat to in the early years of settlement after leaving the area where Ivan and his father lived?
5. In old photos, what type of hat did Ivan's father wear?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)