|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color were Bessie's eyes?
2. How many years of schooling did Bessie have?
3. How old was Bessie when she and Tom moved to Montana?
4. Where did the Indian tribes retreat to in the early years of settlement after leaving the area where Ivan and his father lived?
(d) Beyond the Missouri River.
5. When did Ivan's grandfather come to the United States?
6. Where did Ivan's father have a small scar?
(a) On his chin.
(b) On his neck.
(c) On his left hand.
(d) On his forearm.
7. How old was Ivan when his mother died?
8. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
(a) 1 mile above sea level.
(b) 6,192 feet.
(c) 3,145 feet.
(d) 2,147 feet.
9. Where did Tom and Bessie Ringer move from when they moved to Montana?
10. From where did Ivan's ancestors emigrate?
11. Who was herding on Grassy Mountain when Charlie helped a scissorbill?
(a) George Washington Hopkins.
(b) Diamond Tony.
(c) Deaf John.
(d) Mulligan John.
12. For whom was the Smith River named during the era of the Lewis and Clark expedition?
(a) U.S. Attorney General.
(b) Secretary of the Treasury.
(c) Secretary of War.
(d) Secretary of the Navy Department.
13. How many sons did Tom and Bessie have?
14. The summer they were married, near where did Ivan's father and mother live?
(a) Waxy Mountain.
(b) Prairie Mountain.
(c) River Mountain.
(d) Grass Mountain.
15. What color was Ivan's hair as a boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Berneta when Tom and Bessie moved to Montana?
2. Where does the story begin?
3. How many miles from town was the ranch that Charlie and Ruth ran together after giving up the restaurant?
4. What color were Ruth's eyes?
5. At what town in Montana, did Tom, Bessie and Berneta leave the train?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)