|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old were the boys at school that Ivan could make flinch with his snowballs?
(a) Sixth graders.
(b) Third graders.
(c) Fourth graders.
(d) Fifth graders.
2. Where did Tom's family come from?
3. In old photos, what type of hat did Ivan's father wear?
(a) Cowboy hat.
(b) Boonie hat.
(c) Baseball cap.
(d) Stockman's hat.
4. Who brought Charlie and Ivan to live with his family after Berneta's funeral?
(a) Pete McCabe.
(b) Ivan's grandfather.
(c) Angus, Charlie's favorite brother.
(d) Charlie's youngest brother.
5. How many students were in Ivan's first grade classroom?
6. How old was Bessie when she and Tom moved to Montana?
7. When did Ivan's grandfather come to the United States?
8. What killed Ivan's mother?
(a) An accident.
9. Mount Edith is the name shown on maps, but what do those who live in the area call the mountain?
(a) Granite Peak.
(b) Old Baldy.
(c) Bitterroot Mountain.
(d) Flathead Mountain.
10. From where did Ivan's ancestors emigrate?
11. Where did Charlie and Ivan return to live after Berneta died?
(a) Castle Mountain.
(b) Smith River Valley.
(c) Spring Valley.
(d) White Bridge Mountain.
12. Who was the first Doig to die in Montana?
(a) D. L. Doig.
(b) Peter Doig.
(c) Jack Doig.
(d) Andrew Doig.
13. Who was the classmate that Ivan had met before when his dad was manning a haying crew at a valley ranch owned by her family?
(a) Susan Buckingham.
(b) Peter Alexander.
(c) John Woods.
(d) Jane Browning.
14. When did Charlie help a scissorbill feed his cattle?
15. How many sons did Tom and Bessie have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Ivan's mother tell a teacher not to use a well?
2. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
3. How much did it cost to get cottonseed cake to the ranch for the sheep during the winter of 1948-49?
4. What was Bessie's father's name?
5. How often would the camptender come out to the Doig's cabin?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)