|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Ivan's mother die?
(a) May 27, 1945.
(b) June 1, 1945.
(c) July 15, 1946.
(d) June 27, 1945.
2. Where did Bessie's family come from?
3. What did Ivan receive as an early sixth birthday present?
(a) A few marbles.
(b) A book.
(c) Pocket knife.
(d) Bow and arrows.
4. At what town in Montana, did Tom, Bessie and Berneta leave the train?
(b) White Sulphur Springs.
(c) Three Forks.
(d) Castle Mountain.
5. What time of day did Ivan's mother pass away?
6. What color were the dogs that appear with the photographs of Ivan's parents?
(a) Black and tan.
(d) White and black.
7. When did Ivan's grandfather come to the United States?
8. How much did Charlie Doig weigh?
(a) 155 pounds.
(b) 135 pounds.
(c) 145 pounds.
(d) 180 pounds.
9. How old was Ivan's grandfather when he came to the United States?
10. Mount Edith is the name shown on maps, but what do those who live in the area call the mountain?
(a) Granite Peak.
(b) Flathead Mountain.
(c) Bitterroot Mountain.
(d) Old Baldy.
11. In old photos, what type of hat did Ivan's father wear?
(a) Baseball cap.
(b) Stockman's hat.
(c) Boonie hat.
(d) Cowboy hat.
12. How would Ivan get to school every morning when he was in first grade?
(d) Hitched a ride with a neighbor.
13. How old was Berneta when Tom and Bessie moved to Montana?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 1 years old.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years old.
14. When Ivan was in first grade, what color hair did the classmate have that Ivan had met before?
15. What killed Ivan's mother?
(c) An accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the first Doig to die in Montana?
2. How often were Ivan's parents supposed to move when they were on the forest reserve?
3. When did Charlie go to work at the Dogie ranch?
4. What was the name of the kid who called Ivan "Ivy" and bothered him when he was walking to the movies with Charlie and Ruth?
5. How old was Charles Doig when his wife died?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)