|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan's father remember covered the slopes when it was just him and Ivan's mother?
2. When did Charlie and Ruth marry?
3. What Indian tribes used to live in the area where Ivan and his father lived?
(b) Piegan Blackfeet.
4. What creek can be heard from the cabin where Ivan and his parents lived?
(a) Sixteenmile Creek.
(b) Spring Valley Creek.
(c) Mountain Valley Creek.
(d) Ripple Creek.
5. Where did Tom's family come from?
6. How much did it cost to get cottonseed cake to the ranch for the sheep during the winter of 1948-49?
7. How many students were in Ivan's first grade classroom?
8. What would the camptender bring when he came out to the Doig's cabin?
(a) Orders from the ranch boss.
(b) Groceries and mail.
(c) More sheep.
(d) T-bone steak and a barrel of whiskey.
9. Who did Ivan's father work with on a haywire outfit for one week?
10. How many years of schooling did Bessie have?
11. How tall was Ivan's father?
(a) Nearly six feet tall.
(b) Five feet and eight inches.
(c) Six feet tall.
(d) Five-and-one-half feet tall.
12. During what decade did settlers first come into Ivan's area of Montana?
13. How many rooms did the cabin have that Ivan lived in with his parents?
14. What town did Tom and Bessie move to after the owner of the ranch where they worked died?
(a) White Sulphur Springs.
(b) Castle Rock.
15. How many people lived in White Sulphur Springs when Ivan was a boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Charlie help a scissorbill feed his cattle?
2. The summer they were married, near where did Ivan's father and mother live?
3. How many children did Ruth have after divorcing Charlie?
4. What color were the dogs that appear with the photographs of Ivan's parents?
5. How many sons did Tom and Bessie have?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)