|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the classmate that Ivan had met before when his dad was manning a haying crew at a valley ranch owned by her family?
(a) Jane Browning.
(b) Susan Buckingham.
(c) John Woods.
(d) Peter Alexander.
2. How often would the camptender come out to the Doig's cabin?
(a) About every ten days.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Every other week.
3. How tall was Ivan's father?
(a) Five feet and eight inches.
(b) Six feet tall.
(c) Five-and-one-half feet tall.
(d) Nearly six feet tall.
4. Who did Ivan's father work with on a haywire outfit for one week?
5. How big was the ranch that Charlie was the foreman of when he was just 25?
(a) 35,000 acres.
(b) 27,000 acres.
(c) 45,000 acres.
(d) 75,000 acres.
6. In the 1890s, what did one Doig family member do for a living until he could size up the Montana countryside?
7. How often were Ivan's parents supposed to move when they were on the forest reserve?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Every two weeks.
(d) About every day.
8. What was the name of the kid who called Ivan "Ivy" and bothered him when he was walking to the movies with Charlie and Ruth?
9. Where did Tom's family come from?
10. What did Ivan receive as an early sixth birthday present?
(a) Pocket knife.
(b) A few marbles.
(c) A book.
(d) Bow and arrows.
11. From where did Ivan's ancestors emigrate?
12. At what town in Montana, did Tom, Bessie and Berneta leave the train?
(b) White Sulphur Springs.
(c) Three Forks.
(d) Castle Mountain.
13. What was the name of the pet cat that Ivan's parents had?
(a) Pete Olson.
(c) William Tell.
(d) Billy Bob.
14. What color was Ivan's hair as a boy?
15. At times, how much would Bessie weigh?
(a) 135 pounds.
(b) 150 pounds.
(c) 165 pounds.
(d) 170 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Bessie's father's name?
2. What does Ivan's father remember covered the slopes when it was just him and Ivan's mother?
3. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
4. How old was Ivan's grandfather when he came to the United States?
5. Who was the first Doig to die in Montana?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)