|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Bessie's family come from?
2. How old was Berneta when Tom and Bessie moved to Montana?
(a) 1 years old.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years old.
3. Where did Ivan's father have a small scar?
(a) On his forearm.
(b) On his left hand.
(c) On his chin.
(d) On his neck.
4. Where did Charlie and Ivan return to live after Berneta died?
(a) Castle Mountain.
(b) Smith River Valley.
(c) White Bridge Mountain.
(d) Spring Valley.
5. How many children did Ruth have after divorcing Charlie?
6. How often were Ivan's parents supposed to move when they were on the forest reserve?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Every two weeks.
(d) About every day.
7. Who did Ivan's father work with on a haywire outfit for one week?
8. How many herding dogs appear in the photographs of Ivan's parents?
9. How many people lived in White Sulphur Springs when Ivan was a boy?
10. What did D. L. Doig raise as a hobby at his Montana ranch?
(a) Brown Leghorn chickens.
(b) Rhode Island Red chickens.
11. What color were Ruth's eyes?
12. What time of day did Ivan's mother pass away?
13. What would the camptender bring when he came out to the Doig's cabin?
(a) More sheep.
(b) Orders from the ranch boss.
(c) Groceries and mail.
(d) T-bone steak and a barrel of whiskey.
14. What did Ivan receive as an early sixth birthday present?
(a) Bow and arrows.
(b) Pocket knife.
(c) A book.
(d) A few marbles.
15. When did an earthquake damage the Old Auditorium in White Sulphur Springs?
Short Answer Questions
1. In old photos, what type of hat did Ivan's father wear?
2. Why did Ivan's mother tell a teacher not to use a well?
3. When did Tom and Bessie Ringer move to Montana?
4. Where did the Indian tribes retreat to in the early years of settlement after leaving the area where Ivan and his father lived?
5. How old was Ivan when his mother died?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)