|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many birds could Ivan's father shoot at a time in the days before Ivan was born?
2. When did Charlie and Ruth marry?
3. What color were Bessie's eyes?
4. In old photos, what type of hat did Ivan's father wear?
(a) Cowboy hat.
(b) Baseball cap.
(c) Stockman's hat.
(d) Boonie hat.
5. How many children did Ruth have after divorcing Charlie?
6. What time of day did Ivan's mother pass away?
7. How many years of schooling did Bessie have?
8. How old was Charles Doig when his wife died?
9. What was the name of the ranch where Tom and Bessie found work?
(b) Smith Ranch.
(c) Moss Agate.
(d) Battle Creek.
10. What does Ivan's father remember covered the slopes when it was just him and Ivan's mother?
11. What was the name of the pet cat that Ivan's parents had?
(b) William Tell.
(c) Billy Bob.
(d) Pete Olson.
12. During what decade did settlers first come into Ivan's area of Montana?
13. Where did Ivan's father have a small scar?
(a) On his left hand.
(b) On his forearm.
(c) On his chin.
(d) On his neck.
14. How often would the camptender come out to the Doig's cabin?
(a) About every ten days.
(b) Every other week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a week.
15. Who brought Charlie and Ivan to live with his family after Berneta's funeral?
(a) Charlie's youngest brother.
(b) Angus, Charlie's favorite brother.
(c) Pete McCabe.
(d) Ivan's grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ivan receive as an early sixth birthday present?
2. What would Ivan's mother do to keep him quiet and cool on hot afternoons?
3. What was Bessie's father's name?
4. Where in Montana in the early years was gold being flushed out of every gravel gulch?
5. Who was herding on Grassy Mountain when Charlie helped a scissorbill?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)