|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What creek can be heard from the cabin where Ivan and his parents lived?
(a) Mountain Valley Creek.
(b) Ripple Creek.
(c) Sixteenmile Creek.
(d) Spring Valley Creek.
2. What color were Ruth's eyes?
3. How many years of schooling did Bessie have?
4. When Ivan was in first grade, what color hair did the classmate have that Ivan had met before?
5. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
(a) 1 mile above sea level.
(b) 2,147 feet.
(c) 6,192 feet.
(d) 3,145 feet.
6. How many sons did Tom and Bessie have?
7. How often would the camptender come out to the Doig's cabin?
(a) Every other week.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) About every ten days.
8. Where does the story begin?
(a) Bridger Range.
(b) Belt Mountains.
(c) Beartooth Mountains.
(d) Rocky Mountains.
9. What was the name of the restaurant that Charlie and Ruth ran together?
(a) The Cookhouse.
(b) The Grill.
(c) The Cafe.
(d) The Supper Spot.
10. When did Rose Gordon graduate from high school?
11. How much did Charlie Doig weigh?
(a) 135 pounds.
(b) 145 pounds.
(c) 180 pounds.
(d) 155 pounds.
12. Who were Bessie's best friends growing up?
(a) Molly and Anna Bailey.
(b) The Kreb sisters.
(c) The Smith sisters.
(d) Phyllis and Rebecca Spriggs.
13. When Charlie was helping a scissorbill, who began beating a horse?
14. How many students were in Ivan's first grade classroom?
15. What was the name of the pet cat that Ivan's parents had?
(a) Pete Olson.
(b) William Tell.
(d) Billy Bob.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Tom and Bessie Ringer move to Montana?
2. Where did one Doig family member emigrate other than the U.S.?
3. How big was the ranch that Charlie was the foreman of when he was just 25?
4. What killed Ivan's mother?
5. When did Charlie and Ruth marry?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)