|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did it cost to get cottonseed cake to the ranch for the sheep during the winter of 1948-49?
2. How tall was Ivan's father?
(a) Five-and-one-half feet tall.
(b) Five feet and eight inches.
(c) Six feet tall.
(d) Nearly six feet tall.
3. What Indian tribes used to live in the area where Ivan and his father lived?
(a) Piegan Blackfeet.
4. When Ivan was in first grade, what color hair did the classmate have that Ivan had met before?
5. How old was Bessie when she and Tom moved to Montana?
6. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
(a) 3,145 feet.
(b) 6,192 feet.
(c) 2,147 feet.
(d) 1 mile above sea level.
7. In the 1890s, what did one Doig family member do for a living until he could size up the Montana countryside?
8. What months did Ivan and his parents live in the cabin mentioned in "Time Since."
(a) March and April.
(b) April and May.
(c) June and July.
(d) May and June.
9. How much did Charlie Doig weigh?
(a) 180 pounds.
(b) 155 pounds.
(c) 145 pounds.
(d) 135 pounds.
10. What was Bessie's father's name?
11. What would Ivan's mother do to keep him quiet and cool on hot afternoons?
(a) Let him play in the creek.
(b) Read to him.
(c) Let him play in the trees.
(d) Play cards with him.
12. How old was Charles Doig when his wife died?
13. Who was herding on Grassy Mountain when Charlie helped a scissorbill?
(a) Deaf John.
(b) Mulligan John.
(c) George Washington Hopkins.
(d) Diamond Tony.
14. When was the Old Auditorium built in White Sulphur Springs?
15. How old was Berneta when Tom and Bessie moved to Montana?
(a) 1 years old.
(b) 2 years old.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were Bessie's best friends growing up?
2. How would Ivan get to school every morning when he was in first grade?
3. How many Doigs are known to have gone off to the United States?
4. How old was Ivan when his mother died?
5. What was the name of the kid who called Ivan "Ivy" and bothered him when he was walking to the movies with Charlie and Ruth?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)