|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many rooms did the cabin have that Ivan lived in with his parents?
2. How many herding dogs appear in the photographs of Ivan's parents?
3. When did Ivan's mother die?
(a) June 1, 1945.
(b) May 27, 1945.
(c) July 15, 1946.
(d) June 27, 1945.
4. What mountain did Ivan and his parents live on?
(a) Wyatt Mountain.
(b) Hatfield Mountain.
(c) Bridger Mountain.
(d) Spring Mountain.
5. What time of day did Ivan's mother pass away?
6. How old was Berneta when Tom and Bessie moved to Montana?
(a) 2 years old.
(b) 1 years old.
(c) 4 months.
(d) 6 months.
7. What months did Ivan and his parents live in the cabin mentioned in "Time Since."
(a) March and April.
(b) June and July.
(c) April and May.
(d) May and June.
8. In what type of shelter did the Ringer family live during their first Montana winter?
(a) Photographer's tent.
(b) A small house in Ringling.
(c) Lean to.
(d) Herding cabin.
9. How much did Charlie Doig weigh?
(a) 180 pounds.
(b) 145 pounds.
(c) 135 pounds.
(d) 155 pounds.
10. In the 1890s, what did one Doig family member do for a living until he could size up the Montana countryside?
11. Where does the story begin?
(a) Rocky Mountains.
(b) Belt Mountains.
(c) Beartooth Mountains.
(d) Bridger Range.
12. How old were the boys at school that Ivan could make flinch with his snowballs?
(a) Third graders.
(b) Sixth graders.
(c) Fourth graders.
(d) Fifth graders.
13. When Charlie was helping a scissorbill, who began beating a horse?
14. What color were Ruth's eyes?
15. Where did Tom and Bessie Ringer move from when they moved to Montana?
Short Answer Questions
1. What would come for Ivan in the mail with the camptender?
2. What does Ivan's father remember covered the slopes when it was just him and Ivan's mother?
3. What was the name of the ranch where Tom and Bessie found work?
4. Who was the first Doig to die in Montana?
5. Who were Bessie's best friends growing up?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)