|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the main chore that Tom and Bessie performed at the ranch where they lived?
(a) Herd cattle.
(b) Herd sheep.
(c) Mend fences.
(d) Milk cows.
2. How many years of schooling did Bessie have?
3. How many people lived in White Sulphur Springs when Ivan was a boy?
4. What was the name of the restaurant that Charlie and Ruth ran together?
(a) The Grill.
(b) The Cookhouse.
(c) The Cafe.
(d) The Supper Spot.
5. What time of day did Ivan's mother pass away?
6. When did Tom and Bessie Ringer move to Montana?
7. How many birds could Ivan's father shoot at a time in the days before Ivan was born?
8. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
(a) 3,145 feet.
(b) 6,192 feet.
(c) 1 mile above sea level.
(d) 2,147 feet.
9. How tall was Ivan's father?
(a) Six feet tall.
(b) Five feet and eight inches.
(c) Five-and-one-half feet tall.
(d) Nearly six feet tall.
10. What color were Bessie's eyes?
11. When did Ivan's mother die?
(a) June 27, 1945.
(b) May 27, 1945.
(c) July 15, 1946.
(d) June 1, 1945.
12. What was Bessie's father's name?
13. Where did Bessie's family come from?
14. Who did Ivan's father work with on a haywire outfit for one week?
15. How old was Ivan's grandfather when he came to the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what type of shelter did the Ringer family live during their first Montana winter?
2. What was Ivan's father's job when Ivan and his parents lived in a cabin in the mountains?
3. In the 1890s, what did one Doig family member do for a living until he could size up the Montana countryside?
4. What creek can be heard from the cabin where Ivan and his parents lived?
5. What was the name of the pet cat that Ivan's parents had?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)