|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The summer they were married, near where did Ivan's father and mother live?
(a) Grass Mountain.
(b) Prairie Mountain.
(c) River Mountain.
(d) Waxy Mountain.
2. How old was Berneta when Tom and Bessie moved to Montana?
(a) 1 years old.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 2 years old.
3. What was the name of the kid who called Ivan "Ivy" and bothered him when he was walking to the movies with Charlie and Ruth?
4. What mountain did Ivan and his parents live on?
(a) Wyatt Mountain.
(b) Hatfield Mountain.
(c) Spring Mountain.
(d) Bridger Mountain.
5. Who did Ivan's father work with on a haywire outfit for one week?
6. What color were the dogs that appear with the photographs of Ivan's parents?
(b) Black and tan.
(d) White and black.
7. What town did Tom and Bessie move to after the owner of the ranch where they worked died?
(b) Castle Rock.
(d) White Sulphur Springs.
8. Why did Ivan's mother tell a teacher not to use a well?
(a) There was a dead cat in the well.
(b) There were mice in the well.
(c) There was a dead snake in the well.
(d) There was a dead animal in the well.
9. How many years of schooling did Bessie have?
10. What color were Ruth's eyes?
11. When did Rose Gordon graduate from high school?
12. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
(a) 2,147 feet.
(b) 6,192 feet.
(c) 1 mile above sea level.
(d) 3,145 feet.
13. What was the name of the ranch where Tom and Bessie found work?
(b) Battle Creek.
(c) Smith Ranch.
(d) Moss Agate.
14. Where did Charlie and Ivan return to live after Berneta died?
(a) Smith River Valley.
(b) Castle Mountain.
(c) Spring Valley.
(d) White Bridge Mountain.
15. How old was Ivan's grandfather when he came to the United States?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the story begin?
2. How long might Ivan ride a sawbuck pack saddle as he followed his parents when they were herding?
3. In old photos, what type of hat did Ivan's father wear?
4. When did an earthquake damage the Old Auditorium in White Sulphur Springs?
5. How many children did Ruth have after divorcing Charlie?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)