|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many students were in Ivan's first grade classroom?
2. How many rooms did the cabin have that Ivan lived in with his parents?
3. What months did Ivan and his parents live in the cabin mentioned in "Time Since."
(a) June and July.
(b) May and June.
(c) March and April.
(d) April and May.
4. When Charlie was helping a scissorbill, who began beating a horse?
5. What color were the dogs that appear with the photographs of Ivan's parents?
(a) Black and tan.
(c) White and black.
6. Who was the classmate that Ivan had met before when his dad was manning a haying crew at a valley ranch owned by her family?
(a) Peter Alexander.
(b) Susan Buckingham.
(c) John Woods.
(d) Jane Browning.
7. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
(a) 2,147 feet.
(b) 3,145 feet.
(c) 6,192 feet.
(d) 1 mile above sea level.
8. When was the Old Auditorium built in White Sulphur Springs?
9. How many birds could Ivan's father shoot at a time in the days before Ivan was born?
10. How old was Charles Doig when his wife died?
11. When did Ivan's grandfather come to the United States?
12. How much did Charlie Doig weigh?
(a) 180 pounds.
(b) 135 pounds.
(c) 155 pounds.
(d) 145 pounds.
13. What was Ivan's father's job when Ivan and his parents lived in a cabin in the mountains?
(b) Cow herder.
(c) Sheep herder.
(d) Ranch hand.
14. How old was Ivan when his mother died?
15. Where did one Doig family member emigrate other than the U.S.?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where in Montana in the early years was gold being flushed out of every gravel gulch?
2. What Indian tribes used to live in the area where Ivan and his father lived?
3. During what decade did settlers first come into Ivan's area of Montana?
4. From where did Ivan's ancestors emigrate?
5. What color were Berneta's eyes?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)