|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mount Edith is the name shown on maps, but what do those who live in the area call the mountain?
(a) Bitterroot Mountain.
(b) Granite Peak.
(c) Flathead Mountain.
(d) Old Baldy.
2. How old was Bessie when she and Tom moved to Montana?
3. Why did Ivan's mother tell a teacher not to use a well?
(a) There were mice in the well.
(b) There was a dead animal in the well.
(c) There was a dead snake in the well.
(d) There was a dead cat in the well.
4. How much did it cost to get cottonseed cake to the ranch for the sheep during the winter of 1948-49?
5. From where did Ivan's ancestors emigrate?
6. How many students were in Ivan's first grade classroom?
7. Who was the first Doig to die in Montana?
(a) Jack Doig.
(b) Andrew Doig.
(c) Peter Doig.
(d) D. L. Doig.
8. Where did Ivan's father have a small scar?
(a) On his neck.
(b) On his chin.
(c) On his forearm.
(d) On his left hand.
9. How old was Ivan's grandfather when he came to the United States?
10. How many years of schooling did Bessie have?
11. At what town in Montana, did Tom, Bessie and Berneta leave the train?
(a) Three Forks.
(b) Castle Mountain.
(c) White Sulphur Springs.
12. How many rooms did the cabin have that Ivan lived in with his parents?
13. What would come for Ivan in the mail with the camptender?
(a) Letters from his grandparents.
(b) Books from a lending library.
(c) School lessons.
(d) Comic books.
14. How often were Ivan's parents supposed to move when they were on the forest reserve?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Every two weeks.
(d) About every day.
15. At times, how much would Bessie weigh?
(a) 165 pounds.
(b) 135 pounds.
(c) 150 pounds.
(d) 170 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tom's family come from?
2. What color were Berneta's eyes?
3. What time of day did Ivan's mother pass away?
4. Where in Montana in the early years was gold being flushed out of every gravel gulch?
5. When did Tom and Bessie Ringer move to Montana?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)