|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Ivan get to school every morning when he was in first grade?
(c) Hitched a ride with a neighbor.
2. How often would the camptender come out to the Doig's cabin?
(a) Once a week.
(b) Once a month.
(c) About every ten days.
(d) Every other week.
3. What was the name of the pet cat that Ivan's parents had?
(a) Pete Olson.
(b) Billy Bob.
(c) William Tell.
4. In the 1890s, what did one Doig family member do for a living until he could size up the Montana countryside?
5. When Charlie was helping a scissorbill, who began beating a horse?
6. How old was Charles Doig when his wife died?
7. What would the camptender bring when he came out to the Doig's cabin?
(a) Groceries and mail.
(b) More sheep.
(c) T-bone steak and a barrel of whiskey.
(d) Orders from the ranch boss.
8. How old was Berneta when Tom and Bessie moved to Montana?
(a) 1 years old.
(b) 2 years old.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 4 months.
9. How many birds could Ivan's father shoot at a time in the days before Ivan was born?
10. Where did one Doig family member emigrate other than the U.S.?
11. How old was Bessie when she and Tom moved to Montana?
12. What did Ivan receive as an early sixth birthday present?
(a) A book.
(b) Pocket knife.
(c) Bow and arrows.
(d) A few marbles.
13. Where did Tom's family come from?
14. Who was the first Doig to die in Montana?
(a) Peter Doig.
(b) Andrew Doig.
(c) D. L. Doig.
(d) Jack Doig.
15. When did an earthquake damage the Old Auditorium in White Sulphur Springs?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what town in Montana, did Tom, Bessie and Berneta leave the train?
2. When did Charlie and Ruth marry?
3. How many rooms did the cabin have that Ivan lived in with his parents?
4. How many students were in Ivan's first grade classroom?
5. What was the name of the ranch where Tom and Bessie found work?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)