|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the kid who called Ivan "Ivy" and bothered him when he was walking to the movies with Charlie and Ruth?
2. Where in Montana in the early years was gold being flushed out of every gravel gulch?
(c) Smith River Valley.
3. How many years of schooling did Bessie have?
4. What months did Ivan and his parents live in the cabin mentioned in "Time Since."
(a) June and July.
(b) May and June.
(c) April and May.
(d) March and April.
5. Who did Ivan's father work with on a haywire outfit for one week?
6. What town did Tom and Bessie move to after the owner of the ranch where they worked died?
(a) Castle Rock.
(c) White Sulphur Springs.
7. When did Tom and Bessie Ringer move to Montana?
8. Why did Ivan's mother tell a teacher not to use a well?
(a) There was a dead animal in the well.
(b) There were mice in the well.
(c) There was a dead snake in the well.
(d) There was a dead cat in the well.
9. Who was the first Doig to die in Montana?
(a) Jack Doig.
(b) Andrew Doig.
(c) D. L. Doig.
(d) Peter Doig.
10. Who was the classmate that Ivan had met before when his dad was manning a haying crew at a valley ranch owned by her family?
(a) Susan Buckingham.
(b) Jane Browning.
(c) Peter Alexander.
(d) John Woods.
11. What color was Ivan's hair as a boy?
12. Who were Bessie's best friends growing up?
(a) The Smith sisters.
(b) The Kreb sisters.
(c) Phyllis and Rebecca Spriggs.
(d) Molly and Anna Bailey.
13. How many times did Ivan's parents move camp the summer that they were married?
(a) 48 times in 60 days.
(b) 58 times in 60 days.
(c) 15 times in 60 days.
(d) 39 times in 60 days.
14. How long might Ivan ride a sawbuck pack saddle as he followed his parents when they were herding?
(a) All day.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Half a day.
15. When did Rose Gordon graduate from high school?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were Bessie's eyes?
2. How old was Charles Doig when his wife died?
3. During what decade did settlers first come into Ivan's area of Montana?
4. What was the name of the ranch where Tom and Bessie found work?
5. How many sheep could Matt Van Patton shear in a day?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)