|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Berneta when Tom and Bessie moved to Montana?
(a) 2 years old.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 1 years old.
(d) 6 months.
2. At what town in Montana, did Tom, Bessie and Berneta leave the train?
(a) Three Forks.
(b) Castle Mountain.
(d) White Sulphur Springs.
3. Mount Edith is the name shown on maps, but what do those who live in the area call the mountain?
(a) Flathead Mountain.
(b) Old Baldy.
(c) Bitterroot Mountain.
(d) Granite Peak.
4. What color were Bessie's eyes?
5. When did an earthquake damage the Old Auditorium in White Sulphur Springs?
6. Who was the classmate that Ivan had met before when his dad was manning a haying crew at a valley ranch owned by her family?
(a) Peter Alexander.
(b) Jane Browning.
(c) John Woods.
(d) Susan Buckingham.
7. How much did Charlie Doig weigh?
(a) 135 pounds.
(b) 155 pounds.
(c) 145 pounds.
(d) 180 pounds.
8. What Indian tribes used to live in the area where Ivan and his father lived?
(d) Piegan Blackfeet.
9. How tall was Ivan's father?
(a) Five-and-one-half feet tall.
(b) Nearly six feet tall.
(c) Six feet tall.
(d) Five feet and eight inches.
10. How much did it cost to get cottonseed cake to the ranch for the sheep during the winter of 1948-49?
11. For whom was the Smith River named during the era of the Lewis and Clark expedition?
(a) U.S. Attorney General.
(b) Secretary of the Treasury.
(c) Secretary of the Navy Department.
(d) Secretary of War.
12. How many Doigs are known to have gone off to the United States?
(a) 4 brothers and 3 sisters.
(b) 1 brother and 1 sister.
(c) 2 brothers and 3 sisters.
(d) 3 brothers and 2 sisters.
13. What time of day did Ivan's mother pass away?
14. How many years of schooling did Bessie have?
15. What was Ivan's father's job when Ivan and his parents lived in a cabin in the mountains?
(b) Ranch hand.
(c) Cow herder.
(d) Sheep herder.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Charlie was helping a scissorbill, who began beating a horse?
2. In the 1890s, what did one Doig family member do for a living until he could size up the Montana countryside?
3. How long might Ivan ride a sawbuck pack saddle as he followed his parents when they were herding?
4. During what decade did settlers first come into Ivan's area of Montana?
5. When did Rose Gordon graduate from high school?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)