|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times did Ivan's parents move camp the summer that they were married?
(a) 48 times in 60 days.
(b) 39 times in 60 days.
(c) 15 times in 60 days.
(d) 58 times in 60 days.
2. Where does the story begin?
(a) Rocky Mountains.
(b) Belt Mountains.
(c) Bridger Range.
(d) Beartooth Mountains.
3. Where did Tom's family come from?
4. Who did Ivan's father work with on a haywire outfit for one week?
5. What did D. L. Doig raise as a hobby at his Montana ranch?
(b) Brown Leghorn chickens.
(d) Rhode Island Red chickens.
6. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
(a) 6,192 feet.
(b) 3,145 feet.
(c) 1 mile above sea level.
(d) 2,147 feet.
7. What does Ivan's father remember covered the slopes when it was just him and Ivan's mother?
8. Where did Tom and Bessie Ringer move from when they moved to Montana?
9. How many bands of sheep did Ivan's father take on for McGrath?
10. How many birds could Ivan's father shoot at a time in the days before Ivan was born?
11. Where did Bessie's family come from?
12. What months did Ivan and his parents live in the cabin mentioned in "Time Since."
(a) March and April.
(b) May and June.
(c) April and May.
(d) June and July.
13. Mount Edith is the name shown on maps, but what do those who live in the area call the mountain?
(a) Old Baldy.
(b) Bitterroot Mountain.
(c) Flathead Mountain.
(d) Granite Peak.
14. What was the main chore that Tom and Bessie performed at the ranch where they lived?
(a) Mend fences.
(b) Milk cows.
(c) Herd cattle.
(d) Herd sheep.
15. How much did Charlie Doig weigh?
(a) 180 pounds.
(b) 135 pounds.
(c) 145 pounds.
(d) 155 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ivan receive as an early sixth birthday present?
2. How old were the boys at school that Ivan could make flinch with his snowballs?
3. What was the name of the restaurant that Charlie and Ruth ran together?
4. At times, how much would Bessie weigh?
5. What color were Berneta's eyes?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)