|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was herding on Grassy Mountain when Charlie helped a scissorbill?
(a) Mulligan John.
(b) George Washington Hopkins.
(c) Diamond Tony.
(d) Deaf John.
2. How many rooms did the cabin have that Ivan lived in with his parents?
3. What does Ivan's father remember covered the slopes when it was just him and Ivan's mother?
4. How much did it cost to get cottonseed cake to the ranch for the sheep during the winter of 1948-49?
5. What killed Ivan's mother?
(b) An accident.
6. What color was Ivan's hair as a boy?
7. How old was Berneta when Tom and Bessie moved to Montana?
(a) 1 years old.
(b) 2 years old.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 4 months.
8. How often were Ivan's parents supposed to move when they were on the forest reserve?
(a) Every two weeks.
(b) Once a week.
(c) Once a month.
(d) About every day.
9. What would come for Ivan in the mail with the camptender?
(a) Comic books.
(b) School lessons.
(c) Books from a lending library.
(d) Letters from his grandparents.
10. What was the name of the pet cat that Ivan's parents had?
(a) Billy Bob.
(c) Pete Olson.
(d) William Tell.
11. When did Rose Gordon graduate from high school?
12. When did Charlie and Ruth marry?
13. How many children did Ruth have after divorcing Charlie?
14. What color were the dogs that appear with the photographs of Ivan's parents?
(b) White and black.
(d) Black and tan.
15. What mountain did Ivan and his parents live on?
(a) Wyatt Mountain.
(b) Bridger Mountain.
(c) Spring Mountain.
(d) Hatfield Mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often would the camptender come out to the Doig's cabin?
2. What was the name of the kid who called Ivan "Ivy" and bothered him when he was walking to the movies with Charlie and Ruth?
3. Where did the Indian tribes retreat to in the early years of settlement after leaving the area where Ivan and his father lived?
4. Where did one Doig family member emigrate other than the U.S.?
5. When did an earthquake damage the Old Auditorium in White Sulphur Springs?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)