|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ivan's father remember covered the slopes when it was just him and Ivan's mother?
2. Who was the classmate that Ivan had met before when his dad was manning a haying crew at a valley ranch owned by her family?
(a) Peter Alexander.
(b) Jane Browning.
(c) John Woods.
(d) Susan Buckingham.
3. From where did Ivan's ancestors emigrate?
4. How many Doigs are known to have gone off to the United States?
(a) 4 brothers and 3 sisters.
(b) 2 brothers and 3 sisters.
(c) 1 brother and 1 sister.
(d) 3 brothers and 2 sisters.
5. What months did Ivan and his parents live in the cabin mentioned in "Time Since."
(a) April and May.
(b) June and July.
(c) May and June.
(d) March and April.
6. What town did Tom and Bessie move to after the owner of the ranch where they worked died?
(a) Castle Rock.
(c) White Sulphur Springs.
7. What would come for Ivan in the mail with the camptender?
(a) Comic books.
(b) Books from a lending library.
(c) Letters from his grandparents.
(d) School lessons.
8. How big was the ranch that Charlie was the foreman of when he was just 25?
(a) 75,000 acres.
(b) 27,000 acres.
(c) 45,000 acres.
(d) 35,000 acres.
9. Where did the Indian tribes retreat to in the early years of settlement after leaving the area where Ivan and his father lived?
(d) Beyond the Missouri River.
10. How many people lived in White Sulphur Springs when Ivan was a boy?
11. How long might Ivan ride a sawbuck pack saddle as he followed his parents when they were herding?
(a) Half a day.
(b) Four hours.
(c) All day.
(d) Two hours.
12. Who did Ivan's father work with on a haywire outfit for one week?
13. How many bands of sheep did Ivan's father take on for McGrath?
14. At what town in Montana, did Tom, Bessie and Berneta leave the train?
(a) Three Forks.
(c) Castle Mountain.
(d) White Sulphur Springs.
15. How old was Charles Doig when his wife died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the pet cat that Ivan's parents had?
2. When did Charlie and Ruth marry?
3. What Indian tribes used to live in the area where Ivan and his father lived?
4. What color were Berneta's eyes?
5. What was Ivan's father's job when Ivan and his parents lived in a cabin in the mountains?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)