|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Two Bands of Sheep.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Ivan's grandfather come to the United States?
2. When did Charlie go to work at the Dogie ranch?
(a) Around 1925.
(b) About 1929.
(c) About 1930.
(d) About 1920.
3. Why did Ivan's mother tell a teacher not to use a well?
(a) There was a dead snake in the well.
(b) There was a dead animal in the well.
(c) There was a dead cat in the well.
(d) There were mice in the well.
4. What would Ivan's mother do to keep him quiet and cool on hot afternoons?
(a) Read to him.
(b) Let him play in the trees.
(c) Play cards with him.
(d) Let him play in the creek.
5. How many birds could Ivan's father shoot at a time in the days before Ivan was born?
Short Answer Questions
1. How far was the high school from Dupuyer?
2. When did Charlie, Bessie, and Ivan set out to herd the first group of sheep to the reservation range?
3. What is the elevation of the valley where Ivan and his father lived most of their lives?
4. How big was the ranch that Charlie was the foreman of when he was just 25?
5. How many bands of sheep did Ivan's father take on for McGrath?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)