|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, McGrath & North.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color were the dogs that appear with the photographs of Ivan's parents?
(b) Black and tan.
(c) White and black.
2. What was Bessie's father's name?
3. Why did Ivan's mother tell a teacher not to use a well?
(a) There was a dead snake in the well.
(b) There was a dead cat in the well.
(c) There were mice in the well.
(d) There was a dead animal in the well.
4. How old was Charles Doig when his wife died?
5. When did Ivan's mother die?
(a) July 15, 1946.
(b) May 27, 1945.
(c) June 27, 1945.
(d) June 1, 1945.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Ivan's grandfather come to the United States?
2. At times, how much would Bessie weigh?
3. How many children did Mrs. Tidyman have?
4. How would Ivan get to school every morning when he was in first grade?
5. What was the name of the ranch where Tom and Bessie found work?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)