|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, McGrath & North.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mountain did Ivan and his parents live on?
(a) Hatfield Mountain.
(b) Spring Mountain.
(c) Wyatt Mountain.
(d) Bridger Mountain.
2. What would Ivan's mother do to keep him quiet and cool on hot afternoons?
(a) Read to him.
(b) Let him play in the creek.
(c) Let him play in the trees.
(d) Play cards with him.
3. How many times did Ivan's parents move camp the summer that they were married?
(a) 48 times in 60 days.
(b) 39 times in 60 days.
(c) 15 times in 60 days.
(d) 58 times in 60 days.
4. Who were Bessie's best friends growing up?
(a) Molly and Anna Bailey.
(b) The Smith sisters.
(c) The Kreb sisters.
(d) Phyllis and Rebecca Spriggs.
5. How big was the ranch that Charlie was the foreman of when he was just 25?
(a) 45,000 acres.
(b) 75,000 acres.
(c) 35,000 acres.
(d) 27,000 acres.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many children did Mrs. Tidyman have?
2. A crew member was hired by McGrath who had to sober up. Where was he from?
3. What town did Tom and Bessie move to after the owner of the ranch where they worked died?
4. How many sheep could Matt Van Patton shear in a day?
5. Where did one Doig family member emigrate other than the U.S.?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)