|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Flip & The Lady.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Bessie's father's name?
2. How tall was Ivan's father?
(a) Five-and-one-half feet tall.
(b) Nearly six feet tall.
(c) Six feet tall.
(d) Five feet and eight inches.
3. What months did Ivan and his parents live in the cabin mentioned in "Time Since."
(a) June and July.
(b) March and April.
(c) May and June.
(d) April and May.
4. In what type of shelter did the Ringer family live during their first Montana winter?
(a) Photographer's tent.
(b) Herding cabin.
(c) A small house in Ringling.
(d) Lean to.
5. What town did Tom and Bessie move to after the owner of the ranch where they worked died?
(a) White Sulphur Springs.
(d) Castle Rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the story begin?
2. When did Charlie and Ruth marry?
3. How many bands of sheep did Ivan's father take on for McGrath?
4. How long might Ivan ride a sawbuck pack saddle as he followed his parents when they were herding?
5. What color were the dogs that appear with the photographs of Ivan's parents?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)