|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Valley.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many herding dogs appear in the photographs of Ivan's parents?
2. When did Charlie go to work at the Dogie ranch?
(a) About 1929.
(b) About 1920.
(c) Around 1925.
(d) About 1930.
3. When Ivan was in first grade, what color hair did the classmate have that Ivan had met before?
4. Where did the Indian tribes retreat to in the early years of settlement after leaving the area where Ivan and his father lived?
(c) Beyond the Missouri River.
5. How many students were in Ivan's first grade classroom?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Charlie and Ivan return to live after Berneta died?
2. How big was the ranch that Charlie was the foreman of when he was just 25?
3. Who was the classmate that Ivan had met before when his dad was manning a haying crew at a valley ranch owned by her family?
4. What was Ivan's father's job when Ivan and his parents lived in a cabin in the mountains?
5. How old was Ivan when his mother died?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)