|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Valley.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what decade did settlers first come into Ivan's area of Montana?
2. How old was Ivan's grandfather when he came to the United States?
3. How long might Ivan ride a sawbuck pack saddle as he followed his parents when they were herding?
(a) Half a day.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Four hours.
(d) All day.
4. How many times did Ivan's parents move camp the summer that they were married?
(a) 39 times in 60 days.
(b) 15 times in 60 days.
(c) 58 times in 60 days.
(d) 48 times in 60 days.
5. Mount Edith is the name shown on maps, but what do those who live in the area call the mountain?
(a) Old Baldy.
(b) Granite Peak.
(c) Bitterroot Mountain.
(d) Flathead Mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many sheep could Matt Van Patton shear in a day?
2. From where did Ivan's ancestors emigrate?
3. For whom was the Smith River named during the era of the Lewis and Clark expedition?
4. What creek can be heard from the cabin where Ivan and his parents lived?
5. Where in Montana in the early years was gold being flushed out of every gravel gulch?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)