|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1, Time Since.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long might Ivan ride a sawbuck pack saddle as he followed his parents when they were herding?
(a) All day.
(b) Four hours.
(c) Half a day.
(d) Two hours.
2. Why did Ivan's mother tell a teacher not to use a well?
(a) There was a dead snake in the well.
(b) There was a dead cat in the well.
(c) There were mice in the well.
(d) There was a dead animal in the well.
3. How many bands of sheep did Ivan's father take on for McGrath?
4. How tall was Ivan's father?
(a) Six feet tall.
(b) Five-and-one-half feet tall.
(c) Nearly six feet tall.
(d) Five feet and eight inches.
5. How often would the camptender come out to the Doig's cabin?
(a) Every other week.
(b) About every ten days.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once a week.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Ivan when his mother died?
2. What did Ivan receive as an early sixth birthday present?
3. What time of day did Ivan's mother pass away?
4. How many rooms did the cabin have that Ivan lived in with his parents?
5. In old photos, what type of hat did Ivan's father wear?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)