|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Valley.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the camptender bring when he came out to the Doig's cabin?
(a) T-bone steak and a barrel of whiskey.
(b) More sheep.
(c) Groceries and mail.
(d) Orders from the ranch boss.
2. What months did Ivan and his parents live in the cabin mentioned in "Time Since."
(a) April and May.
(b) June and July.
(c) March and April.
(d) May and June.
3. How often were Ivan's parents supposed to move when they were on the forest reserve?
(a) About every day.
(b) Every two weeks.
(c) Once a week.
(d) Once a month.
4. What was Ivan's father's job when Ivan and his parents lived in a cabin in the mountains?
(a) Cow herder.
(b) Ranch hand.
(c) Sheep herder.
5. How many birds could Ivan's father shoot at a time in the days before Ivan was born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Ivan receive as an early sixth birthday present?
2. Why did Ivan's mother tell a teacher not to use a well?
3. Where does the story begin?
4. When did Charlie go to work at the Dogie ranch?
5. How long might Ivan ride a sawbuck pack saddle as he followed his parents when they were herding?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)