|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why wasn't "The Administration Will Not Be Re-Elected" sent by Lincoln?
2. How is "A New Birth of Freedom" better known as?
3. Who was "I Am Distressed Immeasurably" intended for?
4. What state did Lincoln praise for abolishing slavery?
5. What was "I Can Not Consent to Suspend the Draft" a response to?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lincoln respond to Illinois Congressman Isaac Arnold?
2. What does Lincoln make the Union synonymous with in December 1862?
3. What did Lincoln issue in September 1862?
4. Why did Lincoln write to Carl Schurz?
5. What does Lincoln stress about the war to a group of soldiers?
6. What did Lincoln point out in a December 1863 address according to "Events Have Controlled Me"?
7. What did Lincoln urge General McClellan to do in a letter?
8. What was Lincoln convinced of in August 1864?
9. What became a contentious issue of the Reconstruction era?
10. What should Hooker's chief aim be according to another letter to Hooker?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Reconstruction era in the south and the problems Lincoln addressed regarding the Reconstruction.
Essay Topic 2
Examine Lincoln's conclusions about the three things necessary to bring an end to the war.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss John Wilkes Booth's concerns regarding President Abraham Lincoln's rhetoric and political strategies.
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)