|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lincoln tell Hooker not to do in "There is No Eligible Route for Us into Richmond"?
2. Who did Lincoln criticize in "If We Never Try, We Shall Never Succeed"?
3. When was the Wade-Davis bill passed according to "Unprepared to Be Inflexibly Committed to Any Single Plan"?
4. What was one of Lincoln key objectives in the war according to "Making Our Advantage an Over-match for His"?
5. What state did Lincoln praise for abolishing slavery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Lincoln under increasing pressure to do by July 1864?
2. What does Lincoln foreshadow in response to a proclamation by General David Hunter?
3. What should Hooker's chief aim be according to another letter to Hooker?
4. What words does the Gettysburg Address begin with?
5. What was Lincoln convinced of in August 1864?
6. Why was Hooker soon relieved of his duties?
7. What did Lincoln demonstrate in his letter to General Don Carlos Buell according to "We Cannot Escape History"?
8. What trade did Lincoln reject?
9. What does Lincoln stress about the war to a group of soldiers?
10. What does Lincoln claim in a response to a white man?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Lincoln's decision to support Henry Clay over James K. Polk.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the decision Lincoln made regarding a potential draft and Lincoln's policies on conscription.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Reconstruction era in the south and the problems Lincoln addressed regarding the Reconstruction.
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)