|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What compelled Lincoln to take the steps leading to war and the Emancipation Proclamation according to "If Slavery is Not Wrong, Nothing is Wrong"?
2. How did Lincoln react to the reception of the Emancipation Proclamation according to "Breath Alone Kills No Rebels" ?
3. What did Lincoln want border states to accept according to "The Incidents of the War Cannot Be Avoided"?
4. When was the Wade-Davis bill passed according to "Unprepared to Be Inflexibly Committed to Any Single Plan"?
5. What was "I Can Not Consent to Suspend the Draft" a response to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What writ did Lincoln suspend?
2. What words does the Gettysburg Address begin with?
3. What did Lincoln issue in September 1862?
4. What does Lincoln claim in a response to a white man?
5. What does Lincoln make the Union synonymous with in December 1862?
6. What was Lincoln convinced of in August 1864?
7. What does Lincoln address when he writes to General Hooker?
8. What did Lincoln urge General McClellan to do in a letter?
9. What did Lincoln pocket veto?
10. What did Lincoln demonstrate in his letter to General Don Carlos Buell according to "We Cannot Escape History"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the significance of profiteering during the Civil War and its impact on slaves.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss presidential powers and the significance of Lincoln's decision to pocket-veto the Wade-Davis Bill of July 1864.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the history of the Whig Party policies and the reason Lincoln advocated for the diversion of federal funds to the state.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)