|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Lincoln want troops to be raised in "To Suppress Said Combinations"?
2. What financial advice did Lincoln give to lawyers in "Resolve to Be Honest"?
3. What did Lincoln consider the Civil War to be a test of according to "A People's Contest"?
4. What was Lincoln seeking in "I am Not the First Choice of Many"?
5. Who made the charge Lincoln answered to in "I am Not a Member of Any Church" ?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the autobiographical sketch of Lincoln provide based on the "Prologue"?
2. When was Lincoln unusually emotional?
3. What effect did Lincoln's speech in February 1860 have?
4. What does Lincoln state about his belief in racial equality?
5. What did the South do after Lincoln's election in "The Perpetuity of Popular Government"?
6. Why did Lincoln criticize James K. Polk?
7. What did Lincoln want John Fremont to modify?
8. What does Lincoln contrast the "mud-sill" theory with?
9. What did a political opponent charge Lincoln with in 1846?
10. What does Lincoln state about a house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the meaning of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address and the reason Lincoln gave the address.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss presidential powers and the significance of Lincoln's decision to pocket-veto the Wade-Davis Bill of July 1864.
Essay Topic 3
Choose two generals from the Civil War and compare their methodology and leadership skills.
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)