|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lincoln little patience with according to "Grumbling Despatches and Letters"?
2. Why did Lincoln want troops to be raised in "To Suppress Said Combinations"?
3. When was the Kansas-Nebraska act signed according to "Our Republican Robe is Soiled"?
4. Who was "For a Vast Future Also" intended for?
5. When was "I am Young and Unknown" written?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did the South do after Lincoln's election in "The Perpetuity of Popular Government"?
2. What kind of existence did Lincoln's family lead?
3. When was Lincoln unusually emotional?
4. What did Lincoln stress in his inaugural address?
5. What is the legitimate object of government according to Lincoln in "Half Slave and Half Free"?
6. What does Lincoln contrast the "mud-sill" theory with?
7. What did Lincoln confess to Senator Lyman Trumbull?
8. How does Lincoln portray himself in his last speech prior to the 1858 election?
9. What will tear the Union asunder according to Lincoln's address to the Young Men's Lyceum of Springfield?
10. What concerns did Lincoln have regarding the Maryland state legislature?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the impact that criticism had on President Lincoln and what steps he took to counter criticism.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss how Lincoln's election affected the South's decision to secede.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss John Wilkes Booth's concerns regarding President Abraham Lincoln's rhetoric and political strategies.
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)