|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of "Founded on Both Injustice and Bad Policy"?
2. What were Kansas and Nebraska established as?
3. Who was "More Painful Than Pleasant" intended for?
4. What was Lincoln not comfortable with according to the editor?
5. Who did Lincoln express his frustration with for not voting for the Party candidate in the presidential election?
Short Essay Questions
1. What will tear the Union asunder according to Lincoln's address to the Young Men's Lyceum of Springfield?
2. What did Lincoln confess to Senator Lyman Trumbull?
3. What has attracted historians to Abraham Lincoln according to the "Preface"?
4. What kind of existence did Lincoln's family lead?
5. What policies does Lincoln advocate in his letter to the editor of the Sangamo Journal in 1836?
6. What act was drawn in 1854 that brought Lincoln out of a five year political retirement?
7. What does Lincoln state about a house?
8. How did Lincoln hone his argument by the sixth debate in Illinois in 1858?
9. When was Lincoln unusually emotional?
10. Why did Lincoln criticize James K. Polk?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss John Wilkes Booth's concerns regarding President Abraham Lincoln's rhetoric and political strategies.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the significance of profiteering during the Civil War and its impact on slaves.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the decision Lincoln made regarding a potential draft and Lincoln's policies on conscription.
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)