|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VII. To Bind Up the Nation's Wounds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was "An Affectionate Farewell" intended for?
(a) Mary Todd.
(b) His Illinois constituents.
(c) His family.
(d) His close friend
2. What does Lincoln rail against in "It is the End of Us"?
(a) Southern extortion attempts.
(b) Southern cooking.
(c) Southern religious ideals.
(d) Southern troops.
3. What was to become of Alexander Stephens according to the editor?
(a) He would become president of the Confederacy.
(b) He would become the first General in the Confederacy.
(c) He would leave the Confederacy for the Union.
(d) He would become vice president of the Confederacy.
4. What was "The Union is Perpetual" written for?
(a) His inaugural address.
(b) A letter to his constituents.
(c) His first speech to Congress.
(d) A letter to his wife.
5. What did Lincoln refuse to do in "Will Be Received and Considered"?
(a) Negotiate with the South.
(b) Create another army.
(c) Increase war spending.
(d) Abolish conscription.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lincoln point to as the reason for the war continuing in "The Curses of Heaven"?
2. When was Lincoln assassinated?
3. What was the worry according to "The Most Prompt, and Efficient Means"?
4. What military stalemate did Lincoln address in "An Idea I Have Been Trying to Repudiate for Quite a Year" ?
5. Who made the charge Lincoln answered to in "I am Not a Member of Any Church" ?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)