|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VII. To Bind Up the Nation's Wounds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Lincoln headed for according to "An Affectionate Farewell" ?
(b) New York.
2. Why was Lincoln at his lowest when he wrote "The Will of God Prevails"?
(a) The Union was defeated at the Battle of Wilderness.
(b) The Union was defeated at the Battle of Antietam.
(c) The Union was defeated again at Bull Run.
(d) The Union was defeated at the Battle of Shiloh.
3. What did Lincoln call the amendment to end slavery in "A King's Cure for All the Evils"?
(a) A necessary evil.
(b) A testament to his leadership.
(c) A fitting end.
(d) A bad thing.
4. What was the worry according to "The Most Prompt, and Efficient Means"?
(a) That Kentucky would secede.
(b) That North Carolina would secede.
(c) That Illinois would secede.
(d) That Maryland would secede.
5. What was the war about according to "Equal Privileges in the Race of Life"?
(a) Lincoln's legacy.
(b) The prosperity of future generations.
(c) Abolishing slavery.
(d) Teaching the south a lesson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lincoln say the country did not have the capacity to do in "A Full Pardon"?
2. When did Mary Todd and Lincoln reconcile?
3. What did Lincoln say was one of government's most important roles in "The Legitimate Object of Government"?
4. When was the "No Exclusive, and Inflexible Plan Can Safely Be Prescribed" speech delivered by Lincoln?
5. What was General Hooker appointed as at the time of "I Will Risk the Dictatorship"?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)