|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through VII. To Bind Up the Nation's Wounds.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Savannah taken according to "The Honor is All Yours"?
(a) December 8, 1864.
(b) December 13, 1864.
(c) December 23, 1864.
(d) December 21, 1864.
2. What was "The Eternal Struggle Between Right and Wrong" written for?
(a) Lincoln's's first debate with Douglas.
(b) Lincoln's fifth debate with Douglas.
(c) Lincoln second debate with Douglas.
(d) Lincoln's seventh debate with Douglas.
3. What type of political opponent did Lincoln pursue during the war according to "Indispensable to the Public Safety"?
(a) Financial opponents.
(b) War opponents.
(c) Reform opponents.
(d) Social opponents.
4. When was "A House Divided" written?
5. What did Lincoln plea for in "With Charity for All"?
(a) Peace and reconciliation.
(b) A strong army.
(c) The inclusion of African Americans in Political life.
(d) Pity for the white farmers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the Dred Scott case judged by the Supreme Court according to "All the Powers of Earth Seem Rapidly Combining Against Him"?
2. What did Lincoln want border states to accept according to "The Incidents of the War Cannot Be Avoided"?
3. What did Lincoln consider the Civil War to be a test of according to "A People's Contest"?
4. Who was "The Last, Best Hope of Earth" intended for?
5. Who criticized Lincoln's handling of Fremont according to "I Cannot Assume the Reckless Position"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)