|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through V. A New Birth of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was "But You Must Act" intended for?
(a) General McCook.
(b) General McArthur.
(c) General McCall.
(d) General McClellan.
2. How does Lincoln portray himself in "For, and Not Against the Union"?
(a) As a slave owner.
(b) As an abolitionist.
(c) As a moderate.
(d) As a Catholic.
3. Who was "More Painful Than Pleasant" intended for?
(a) Lincoln's mother.
(b) Lincoln's step-brother.
(c) Lincoln's father.
(d) Lincoln's sister.
4. When was Lincoln born?
5. Who was "The Last, Best Hope of Earth" intended for?
(a) A family member.
(c) A newspaper journalist.
(d) A friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of "More Painful Than Pleasant"?
2. When was the Kansas-Nebraska act signed according to "Our Republican Robe is Soiled"?
3. What does Lincoln want in "I Expect to Maintain this Contest"?
4. What theory is Lincoln supporting in "Opens the Way for All"?
5. Why did Lincoln write "I am Young and Unknown"?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)