|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through V. A New Birth of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Hooker supposed to pursue Lee's army according to "There is No Eligible Route for Us into Richmond"?
(a) To prevent Confereate troops from being transferred West.
(b) To prevent Confederate troops from resting.
(c) To prevent Confederate troops from working in cotton fields.
(d) To prevent Confederate troops from voting.
2. What were Kansas and Nebraska established as?
(a) Free states.
(b) Slave states.
(c) Border states.
(d) Confederate states.
3. What line of the Declaration did Lincoln cite in"All the Powers of Earth Seem Rapidly Combining Against Him"?
(a) A house divided.
(b) Four score and seven years.
(c) This expresses my idea of democracy.
(d) All men are created equal.
4. What was to become of Alexander Stephens according to the editor?
(a) He would become vice president of the Confederacy.
(b) He would become president of the Confederacy.
(c) He would leave the Confederacy for the Union.
(d) He would become the first General in the Confederacy.
5. What was one of Lincoln key objectives in the war according to "Making Our Advantage an Over-match for His"?
(a) East Tennessee.
(b) South Tennessee.
(c) North Tennessee.
(d) West Tennessee.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who could not become a citizen of the United States according to the Dred Scott ruling?
2. What type of political opponent did Lincoln pursue during the war according to "Indispensable to the Public Safety"?
3. What was Lincoln not comfortable with according to the editor?
4. Who did Lincoln criticize in "If We Never Try, We Shall Never Succeed"?
5. What did Lincoln think of black and white interaction according to "The Social and Political Equality of the Races"?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)