|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through V. A New Birth of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was "An Affectionate Farewell" intended for?
(a) Mary Todd.
(b) His close friend
(c) His Illinois constituents.
(d) His family.
2. When was "A Moral, a Social, and a Political Wrong" written?
3. What type of political opponent did Lincoln pursue during the war according to "Indispensable to the Public Safety"?
(a) Reform opponents.
(b) Financial opponents.
(c) Social opponents.
(d) War opponents.
4. What did "Questions I Reserve to Myself" foreshadow?
(a) Proclamation for National Fast Day.
(b) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(c) Thanksgiving Proclamation.
(d) Proclamation to Overrule the General's Emancipation.
5. What was Lincoln's number one priority in the war according to "I Would Save the Union"?
(a) Humiliating Jefferson Davis.
(b) Maintaining his legacy.
(c) Saving the Union.
(d) Freeing the slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lincoln seeking in "I am Not the First Choice of Many"?
2. Why was Hooker supposed to pursue Lee's army according to "There is No Eligible Route for Us into Richmond"?
3. What happened to white Union commanders leading black soldiers captured by Confederates according to "The Same Protection to All Its Soldiers"?
4. What would doom African American slaves according to "Public Sentiment"?
5. How was Hooker's character according to "I Will Risk the Dictatorship"?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)