|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through V. A New Birth of Freedom.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who could not become a citizen of the United States according to the Dred Scott ruling?
(a) African Americans.
(c) People born outside the United States.
(d) Native Americans.
2. What was "A Single Half-Defeat" about?
(a) The Confederate treatment of prisoners of war.
(b) The desire to defeat General Lee.
(c) McClellan's defeat.
(d) Lincoln's feelings of defeat.
3. Why was the general Lincoln sent "But You Must Act" to defeated?
(a) He let Confederates cut off his supply line.
(b) He gave Confederates forces time to re-deploy.
(c) He gave Confederates a chance to take them prisoner.
(d) He was lazy and did not have a plan.
4. Who was "Constantly Denounced and Opposed" intended for?
(a) Isaac Arnold.
(b) Otto beruk.
(c) Robert Cramn.
(d) Mark Stanberg.
5. Why did Lincoln vote for Polk's military spending bills?
(a) His district was pro-war.
(b) He did not want to endanger the troops.
(c) He felt it would give me political gain.
(d) He was pro-war.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "The Last, Best Hope of Earth" written?
2. What did Lincoln profess was needed to maintain America's political institutions?
3. When did Polk start a war with Mexico according to "No One Man Should Hold the Power"?
4. What was Lincoln seeking in "I am Not the First Choice of Many"?
5. What was Lincoln's number one priority in the war according to "I Would Save the Union"?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)