|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through II. Half Slave and Half Free.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state did Lincoln say would make a fine state on his own in "An Evil Tree Can Not Bring Forth Good Fruit"?
2. What is the topic of "Founded on Both Injustice and Bad Policy"?
(a) Military power over the civilians.
(d) Constituional amendments.
3. What was Lincoln not comfortable with according to the editor?
(a) Writing letters.
(b) Talking in public.
(c) Expressing personal feelings.
(d) Talking to constituents.
4. What is the topic of "More Painful Than Pleasant"?
(a) The imminent death of Lincoln's mother.
(b) The imminent death of Lincoln's brother in law.
(c) The imminent death of Lincoln's sister.
(d) The imminent death of Lincoln's father.
5. What charges was "Blowing Out the Moral Lights Around Us" a response to?
(a) Lincoln being a politician.
(b) Lincoln being an abolitionist.
(c) Lincoln being pro-slavery.
(d) Lincoln being a pacifist.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mary Todd and Lincoln reconcile?
2. What theory does Lincoln try to disprove in "Opens the Way for All"?
3. What did the Whigs support according to "Bow to It I Never Will"?
4. At what age did Lincoln stop working on the family farm?
5. Who could not become a citizen of the United States according to the Dred Scott ruling?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)