|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through II. Half Slave and Half Free.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Whigs support according to "Bow to It I Never Will"?
(a) Small banks.
(b) A strong national bank.
(c) Trade with England.
2. When was "Can We Not Come Together, for the Future" written?
3. When was "Right Makes Might" written?
4. What theory is Lincoln supporting in "Opens the Way for All"?
(a) The value theory.
(b) The free labor theory.
(c) The mudsill theory.
(d) The theory of appropriation.
5. What skills attracted historians to Lincoln?
(a) His military skills.
(b) His penmanship.
(c) His negotiating skills.
(d) His rhetoric skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Lincoln first elected to Congress?
2. What does Grace Bedell suggest Lincoln should do in the letter Lincoln answer to with "A Piece of Silly Affection" ?
3. What was Lincoln seeking in "I am Not the First Choice of Many"?
4. What charge did Lincoln answer to in "I am Not a Member of Any Church" ?
5. Who was "More Painful Than Pleasant" intended for?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)