|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through II. Half Slave and Half Free.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would doom African American slaves according to "Public Sentiment"?
(a) The public thinking it was in the hands of Lincoln.
(b) The public thinking it was in the hands of the states.
(c) The public thinking that slavery it was not a moral issue.
(d) The public thinking it was a financial issue.
2. When was "Right Makes Might" written?
3. What theory does Lincoln try to disprove in "Opens the Way for All"?
(a) The free labor theory.
(b) The value theory.
(c) The mudsill theory.
(d) The theory of appropriation.
4. Who was the United States threatened by according to "Cold, Calculating, Unimpassioned Reason"?
(a) By slaves.
(b) By Canada.
(c) By forces within.
(d) By Mexico.
5. How does Lincoln portray himself in "For, and Not Against the Union"?
(a) As a moderate.
(b) As a Catholic.
(c) As a slave owner.
(d) As an abolitionist.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Mary Todd and Lincoln reconcile?
2. What did Lincoln belittle in "A Question of Interest"?
3. What kind of education did Lincoln mostly rely on according to the "Preface"?
4. Who did Lincoln face in the senatorial election according to "A House Divided"?
5. When was "I am Young and Unknown" written?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)