|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through II. Half Slave and Half Free.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Lincoln write "I Like the Letters Very Much" for?
(a) Roberta Marki.
(b) Mary Todd.
(c) Mary Rosenthal.
(d) Sophia Henkins.
2. What state did Lincoln say would make a fine state on his own in "An Evil Tree Can Not Bring Forth Good Fruit"?
3. When was "I Shall Be Governed By Their Will" written?
4. Who did Lincoln belittle in "Bow to It I Never Will"?
(a) A Know Nothing party plan.
(b) A Republican party plan.
(c) A Whig party plan.
(d) A Democratic party plan.
5. What was Lincoln seeking in "I am Not the First Choice of Many"?
(a) A seat at a convention.
(b) A financial backer.
(c) A ballot in the primary elections.
(d) The Republican nomination for presidential election.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Lincoln not comfortable with according to the editor?
2. When was the Dred Scott case judged by the Supreme Court according to "All the Powers of Earth Seem Rapidly Combining Against Him"?
3. What does Lincoln not believe in according to "The Social and Political Equality of the Races"?
4. When was "Right Makes Might" written?
5. What was still an unpopular stance at the time Lincoln wrote "Where I Now Stand"?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)