|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through II. Half Slave and Half Free.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Lincoln not comfortable with according to the editor?
(a) Talking to constituents.
(b) Writing letters.
(c) Expressing personal feelings.
(d) Talking in public.
2. What does Lincoln tell Senator Lyman Trumbull in "The Taste is in My Mouth"?
(a) That he should put his name on the ballot.
(b) That he should give up his seat at the convention.
(c) That he should help him financially.
(d) That he should support his nomination.
3. What theory is Lincoln supporting in "Opens the Way for All"?
(a) The theory of appropriation.
(b) The free labor theory.
(c) The value theory.
(d) The mudsill theory.
4. What did Lincoln think of black and white interaction according to "The Social and Political Equality of the Races"?
(a) Blacks should be shipped back to Africa.
(b) Blacks should be integrated into society.
(c) Blacks should be left alone and segregated.
(d) Blacks should be paid for their labor.
5. What line of the Declaration did Lincoln cite in"All the Powers of Earth Seem Rapidly Combining Against Him"?
(a) Four score and seven years.
(b) This expresses my idea of democracy.
(c) A house divided.
(d) All men are created equal.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "I Shall Be Governed By Their Will" written?
2. What did Lincoln profess was needed to maintain America's political institutions?
3. When was the Dred Scott case judged by the Supreme Court according to "All the Powers of Earth Seem Rapidly Combining Against Him"?
4. Who did Lincoln write "I Like the Letters Very Much" for?
5. When was "I am Young and Unknown" written?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)