|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through II. Half Slave and Half Free.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lincoln not believe in according to "The Social and Political Equality of the Races"?
(a) Racial equality.
2. Why did Lincoln vote for Polk's military spending bills?
(a) He was pro-war.
(b) He felt it would give me political gain.
(c) His district was pro-war.
(d) He did not want to endanger the troops.
3. What did Lincoln belittle in "A Question of Interest"?
(a) A Southern slave owner.
(b) Emancipation proposition.
(c) A political opponent.
(d) Pro-slavery positions.
4. What were Kansas and Nebraska established as?
(a) Free states.
(b) Border states.
(c) Confederate states.
(d) Slave states.
5. Who did Lincoln face in the senatorial election according to "A House Divided"?
(a) Stephen Douglas.
(b) Charles Pinckney.
(c) John Hunter.
(d) Arthur Hayne.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory is Lincoln supporting in "Opens the Way for All"?
2. At what age did Lincoln stop working on the family farm?
3. When was "I am Young and Unknown" written?
4. What did the Whigs support according to "Bow to It I Never Will"?
5. When was the Kansas-Nebraska act signed according to "Our Republican Robe is Soiled"?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)