|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through II. Half Slave and Half Free.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the Kansas-Nebraska act signed according to "Our Republican Robe is Soiled"?
2. Who did Lincoln face in the senatorial election according to "A House Divided"?
(a) Charles Pinckney.
(b) Arthur Hayne.
(c) Stephen Douglas.
(d) John Hunter.
3. What line of the Declaration did Lincoln cite in"All the Powers of Earth Seem Rapidly Combining Against Him"?
(a) A house divided.
(b) This expresses my idea of democracy.
(c) All men are created equal.
(d) Four score and seven years.
4. When did Polk start a war with Mexico according to "No One Man Should Hold the Power"?
5. What charge did Lincoln answer to in "I am Not a Member of Any Church" ?
(a) Being an atheist.
(b) Being Catholic.
(c) Being Franc Masson.
(d) Being Mornon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Lincoln say was one of government's most important roles in "The Legitimate Object of Government"?
2. What is the topic of "More Painful Than Pleasant"?
3. What would doom African American slaves according to "Public Sentiment"?
4. What does Lincoln not believe in according to "The Social and Political Equality of the Races"?
5. When did Mary Todd and Lincoln reconcile?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)