|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through II. Half Slave and Half Free.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Mary Todd and Lincoln reconcile?
2. What was still an unpopular stance at the time Lincoln wrote "Where I Now Stand"?
(a) Being pro-slavery.
(b) Being an abolitionist.
(c) Being Republican.
(d) Being a Democrat.
3. When was Lincoln elected in the state legislature according to "I Shall Be Governed By Their Will"?
4. When was Lincoln born?
5. What did Lincoln see as advantageous when writing "I Accept the Nomination"?
(a) Being vague about policy.
(b) Being specific about policy.
(c) Being clear about his political allies.
(d) Being clear about his enemies in the south.
Short Answer Questions
1. What financial advice did Lincoln give to lawyers in "Resolve to Be Honest"?
2. When was "I Shall Be Governed By Their Will" written?
3. How does Lincoln portray himself in "For, and Not Against the Union"?
4. How does Lincoln portray Republicans concerning slavery?
5. What is the topic of "More Painful Than Pleasant"?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)