|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through IV. We Cannot Escape History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was in the works by August of 1862 according to the editor?
(a) Lincoln's autobiography.
(b) Lincoln's change in policy.
(c) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(d) The new Declaration of Independence.
2. Who could not become a citizen of the United States according to the Dred Scott ruling?
(a) People born outside the United States.
(b) African Americans.
(d) Native Americans.
3. When was "A Moral, a Social, and a Political Wrong" written?
4. Why was war never declared between the Union and the Confederacy?
(a) The Confederacy was not considered important.
(b) The Confederacy was thought to be weak.
(c) The Confederacy was not consider an independent country by the Union.
(d) The Confederacy would not last long at the hands of Lincoln.
5. What were the Unionists calling the army to go easy on according to "Leaving Any Available Card Unplayed"?
(a) Confederate forces in South Carolina.
(b) Confederate forces in Georgia.
(c) Confederate forces in Louisiana.
(d) Confederate forces in Arkansas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lincoln rail against in "It is the End of Us"?
2. How does Lincoln portray Republicans concerning slavery?
3. When was the sketch in the "Prologue" written?
4. When was "I Shall Be Governed By Their Will" written?
5. What charges was "Blowing Out the Moral Lights Around Us" a response to?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)