|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through IV. We Cannot Escape History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Lincoln write "A Single Half-Defeat" for?
(a) An Illinois reporter.
(b) French author.
(c) A friend.
(d) A politician.
2. When did Polk start a war with Mexico according to "No One Man Should Hold the Power"?
3. What does Lincoln want in "I Expect to Maintain this Contest"?
(a) More money.
(b) More troops.
(c) More supplies.
(d) More support from government leaders.
4. What was in the works by August of 1862 according to the editor?
(a) Lincoln's autobiography.
(b) The new Declaration of Independence.
(c) Lincoln's change in policy.
(d) The Emancipation Proclamation.
5. When did Lincoln break his engagement to Mary Todd according to "The Most Miserable Man Living"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the general Lincoln sent "But You Must Act" to defeated?
2. What skills attracted historians to Lincoln?
3. What charge did Lincoln answer to in "I am Not a Member of Any Church" ?
4. What theory does Lincoln try to disprove in "Opens the Way for All"?
5. What was "A Single Half-Defeat" about?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)