|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through IV. We Cannot Escape History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did Lincoln stop working on the family farm?
2. Who criticized Lincoln's handling of Fremont according to "I Cannot Assume the Reckless Position"?
(a) Jacob Quincy.
(b) Orville Browning.
(c) John Quincy.
(d) Caldwell Browning.
3. Who was "For a Vast Future Also" intended for?
(d) The Confederacy.
4. What did Lincoln urge Congress NOT to do in "The Tug Has to Come"?
(a) Give the south financial support.
(b) Give the south an extension on their taxes.
(c) Give the south the chance to gather forces.
(d) Give the south any extension of slavery.
5. Who was "But You Must Act" intended for?
(a) General McClellan.
(b) General McCook.
(c) General McCall.
(d) General McArthur.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Lincoln criticize in "If We Never Try, We Shall Never Succeed"?
2. What did "Questions I Reserve to Myself" foreshadow?
3. What does Grace Bedell suggest Lincoln should do in the letter Lincoln answer to with "A Piece of Silly Affection" ?
4. Why was war never declared between the Union and the Confederacy?
5. What did Lincoln consider the Civil War to be a test of according to "A People's Contest"?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)