|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through IV. We Cannot Escape History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was "The Union is Perpetual" written for?
(a) His first speech to Congress.
(b) A letter to his wife.
(c) A letter to his constituents.
(d) His inaugural address.
2. What did Lincoln profess was needed to maintain America's political institutions?
(a) Will power.
(b) Desire for expansion.
(c) Restraint and self control.
3. How does Lincoln portray himself in "For, and Not Against the Union"?
(a) As a moderate.
(b) As an abolitionist.
(c) As a Catholic.
(d) As a slave owner.
4. What was Lincoln's number one priority in the war according to "I Would Save the Union"?
(a) Humiliating Jefferson Davis.
(b) Maintaining his legacy.
(c) Saving the Union.
(d) Freeing the slaves.
5. What was in the works by August of 1862 according to the editor?
(a) Lincoln's change in policy.
(b) The new Declaration of Independence.
(c) The Emancipation Proclamation.
(d) Lincoln's autobiography.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the United States threatened by according to "Cold, Calculating, Unimpassioned Reason"?
2. What was considered improper at the time of the writing of "The Taste is in My Mouth"?
3. Why was war never declared between the Union and the Confederacy?
4. What was one of Lincoln key objectives in the war according to "Making Our Advantage an Over-match for His"?
5. Who did Lincoln write "A Single Half-Defeat" for?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)