|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through IV. We Cannot Escape History.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lincoln say was one of government's most important roles in "The Legitimate Object of Government"?
(a) Address crimes and wrongdoing.
(b) Raise taxes.
(c) Support the economy.
(d) Wedge war.
2. Why was Lincoln at his lowest when he wrote "The Will of God Prevails"?
(a) The Union was defeated at the Battle of Wilderness.
(b) The Union was defeated again at Bull Run.
(c) The Union was defeated at the Battle of Antietam.
(d) The Union was defeated at the Battle of Shiloh.
3. What does Lincoln say of secession in"The Union is Perpetual"?
(a) That it would be the cause of financial collapse.
(b) That it could be necessary, but not in this case.
(c) That no state had the right to secede.
(d) That it would hurt the economy.
4. How does Lincoln portray Republicans concerning slavery?
(a) As the most intelligent.
(b) As progressive.
(c) As the right choice for business.
(d) As conservative.
5. What was "A Single Half-Defeat" about?
(a) The Confederate treatment of prisoners of war.
(b) Lincoln's feelings of defeat.
(c) McClellan's defeat.
(d) The desire to defeat General Lee.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "A House Divided" written?
2. Where was Lincoln headed for according to "An Affectionate Farewell" ?
3. What state did Lincoln say would make a fine state on his own in "An Evil Tree Can Not Bring Forth Good Fruit"?
4. When was "The Last, Best Hope of Earth" written?
5. Who did Lincoln criticize in "If We Never Try, We Shall Never Succeed"?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)