|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the beautiful princess in Minke's story in Chapter 14?
2. How does Annelies react to the letters Minke reads her?
3. Who wakes Minke up in Chapter 7?
4. Who does Annelies confess raped her?
5. Why did Minke's father send for him in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Robert returns home to Nyai in Chapter 10?
2. Who is Fatso?
3. How does Annelies act in Chapter 12 and what does the doctor tell Minke he must do? What is his reaction?
4. What does Annelies reveal to Minke at the end of Chapter 14?
5. Why does Nyai wake Minke up in the early morning in Chapter 7?
6. How have things changed when Minke returns to school in Chapter 13?
7. What happens when Robert goes to the brothel in Chapter 9 and 10?
8. Who reveals that Minke wrote the article in Chapter 13 and who comes to his defense?
9. Why are Nyai and Annelies afraid in Chapter 9?
10. Who spreads rumors about Minke in Chapter 15 and what are the rumors?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Define the term protagonist and identify who you believe is the protagonist in this book. Supply evidence from the book that supports your argument. Then define the term protagonist and identify the protagonists in the book. Use evidence from the book to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
What role do the mysterious letters play in the story? Who are they from and who sends them? What other role do secrets play in this story?
Essay Topic 3
What is the Association Theory and who teaches it to Minke? What are the advantages and disadvantages of this theory?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)