|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens in Chapter 12 when Minke visits Annelies?
(a) She hits him.
(b) She kisses him.
(c) She doesn't recognize him.
(d) She runs away.
2. Who does Minke see in Chapter 16 that causes him to worry?
3. What does Minke discuss with Jean in Chapter 11?
(a) His fears.
(b) His mother.
(c) His parent's divorce.
(d) His marriage.
4. What gift does Minke's mother give him at the wedding ceremony?
(a) His grandfather's gun.
(b) His grandfather's sword.
(c) A ring.
(d) A car.
5. What does Minke want Darsam to do to Fatso?
(b) Steal his shoes.
(c) Beat him.
(d) Trick him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Minke develop at close relationship with in Chapter 17 at the newspaper?
2. Who does Annelies confess raped her?
3. Who sent orders to kill Minke in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 7, who does Minke have to bow before?
5. What psychological conclusion does Dr. Martinet draw in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Dr. Martinet and what does Minke learn from him?
2. Who is the bupati and why is Minke brought to him?
3. What happens in the court case at the end of Chapter 16?
4. What does the bupati ask Minke to do for him in Chapter 7?
5. Why is Minke able to graduate school despite his expulsion?
6. Who is involved in a chase in Chapter 16 and what does the chase lead to?
7. Why does Minke have a headache at the start of Chapter 11?
8. Who reveals that Minke wrote the article in Chapter 13 and who comes to his defense?
9. What is the Association Theory and who tells Minke about it?
10. What does Annelies reveal to Minke at the end of Chapter 14?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)