|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nyai's letter in Chapter 11 inform Minke of?
(a) The school's burning.
(b) Annelies' death.
(c) Annelies' illness.
(d) His mother's suicide.
2. In Chapter 15, what good news does Minke receive?
(a) Received A's at school.
(b) Annelies agrees to marry him.
(c) The newspaper wants to hire him.
(d) His mother recieved a promotion.
3. Where does Minke have to travel to in Chapter 7?
4. What name does Minke give the Chinese man he sees on the train in Chapter 8?
(d) Tau lu.
5. What is the teacher's reaction when Minke asks about the theory in Chapter 13?
(a) He hits him.
(b) He answers his questions.
(c) He tells him not to ask again.
(d) He expells him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Maiko?
2. What is Minke's response in Chapter 7, to his father's request.
3. What happens in Chapter 17, as a result of Minke's article?
4. What did the doctor give to Annelies to help her sleep?
5. Why is Magda Peters impressed with Nyai?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Robert returns home to Nyai in Chapter 10?
2. Who is Fatso?
3. Who is Dr. Martinet and what does Minke learn from him?
4. Why does Nyai wake Minke up in the early morning in Chapter 7?
5. What causes Minke to return to Annelies in Chapter 11?
6. Why is Minke able to graduate school despite his expulsion?
7. What does Annelies reveal to Minke at the end of Chapter 14?
8. Who is involved in a chase in Chapter 16 and what does the chase lead to?
9. Who spreads rumors about Minke in Chapter 15 and what are the rumors?
10. What does the bupati ask Minke to do for him in Chapter 7?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)