|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the teacher's reaction when Minke asks about the theory in Chapter 13?
(a) He expells him.
(b) He hits him.
(c) He tells him not to ask again.
(d) He answers his questions.
2. What psychological conclusion does Dr. Martinet draw in Chapter 15?
(a) His mother suffers from depression.
(b) Jean is anxious.
(c) May is insane.
(d) Annelies suffers from anxiety.
3. What type of wedding ceremony do Annelies and Minke have?
4. Who defends Minke's article in Chapter 13?
(c) Robert Suurhof.
(d) Magda Peters.
5. In Chapter 17, what does Minke discuss with Jean Marais?
(a) Working for the government.
(b) Marrying Annelies.
(c) Move to America.
(d) His job possibilities.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ceremony does Minke's father want him to translate?
2. Whose home does Minke visit in Chapter 7?
3. What does Minke write an article about in Chapter 17?
4. What happens when Minke returns to school in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 15, what does Dr. Martinet learn about Minke and Annelies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in the court case at the end of Chapter 16?
2. Who is involved in a chase in Chapter 16 and what does the chase lead to?
3. Who is the bupati and why is Minke brought to him?
4. Who is Fatso?
5. What does the bupati ask Minke to do for him in Chapter 7?
6. What happens when Minke asks his teachers about the Association Theory?
7. What happens when Robert goes to the brothel in Chapter 9 and 10?
8. What does Annelies reveal to Minke at the end of Chapter 14?
9. What causes Minke to return to Annelies in Chapter 11?
10. What happens when Robert returns home to Nyai in Chapter 10?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)