|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who, in Chapter 11, tries to beat up Fatso?
(d) Mr. Telinga.
2. What does Minke discuss with Jean in Chapter 11?
(a) His parent's divorce.
(b) His fears.
(c) His marriage.
(d) His mother.
3. In Chapter 13, what does Minke discuss with Jean?
(a) Colonial wars.
4. What score did Minke receive on the final exams?
(b) The second highest.
(d) The second lowest.
5. What gift does Minke's mother give him at the wedding ceremony?
(a) His grandfather's sword.
(b) His grandfather's gun.
(c) A ring.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what good news does Minke receive?
2. In Chapter 13, what theory does Minke ask his teachers about?
3. Who does Minke confront with Jean in Chapter 11?
4. What type of wedding ceremony do Annelies and Minke have?
5. Who sent orders to kill Minke in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Robert returns home to Nyai in Chapter 10?
2. How does Annelies act in Chapter 12 and what does the doctor tell Minke he must do? What is his reaction?
3. How have things changed when Minke returns to school in Chapter 13?
4. Who reveals that Minke wrote the article in Chapter 13 and who comes to his defense?
5. What does Annelies reveal to Minke at the end of Chapter 14?
6. Why, in Chapter 17, is Minke expelled from school?
7. Who is Dr. Martinet and what does Minke learn from him?
8. Why are Nyai and Annelies afraid in Chapter 9?
9. What does the bupati ask Minke to do for him in Chapter 7?
10. What causes Minke to return to Annelies in Chapter 11?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)