|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Minke at odds with his school?
(a) He broke a window.
(b) He is failing.
(c) He cheated.
(d) He is a native.
2. What does Nyai want for Annelies?
(a) To move to America.
(b) All the wealth in the land.
(c) An arranged marriage.
(d) To marry whomever she wants.
3. What type of girl does Robert Suurhof want to find?
4. How does Nyai describe her father in Chapter 5?
5. Who does Nyai think Minke should write about?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year of school did Annelies' father change?
2. How long after the actual events did Minke write the book?
3. Who told Herman to divorce his wife according to Nyai?
4. How does Minke expect Nyai to react to his confession?
5. What does Minke say he would rather do than read the letters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who says "I don't yet really need to reveal who I am before the eyes of others" and what does it mean?
2. How does Nyai treat Minke? Why might she treat him this way?
3. What does the term "historical fiction" mean?
4. Why is Minke amazed by Nyia's education?
5. Who is Robert Suurhof?
6. What advice does Jean Marais give to Minke about Annelies in Chapter 3?
7. Who is the narrator of "This Earth Of Mankind"?
8. How did the narrator write his story? What technique did he use?
9. What is Mr. Mellema's household like?
10. Why is Minke conflicted over the social status of Annelies' family?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)