|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Minke discuss with Dr. Martinet in Chapter 15?
(a) Jean's health.
(b) May's health.
(c) Annelies' health.
(d) His mother's health.
2. Who sent orders to kill Minke in Chapter 8?
(b) Robert Mellema.
3. What is the teacher's reaction when Minke asks about the theory in Chapter 13?
(a) He answers his questions.
(b) He hits him.
(c) He expells him.
(d) He tells him not to ask again.
4. What happens when Minke returns to school in Chapter 13?
(a) Things have changed.
(b) Things are the same.
(c) He hates his teachers.
(d) The classes are too easy.
5. What political affiliation does Magda Peters hold?
(c) Green Party.
6. What did the doctor give to Annelies to help her sleep?
(b) Warm milk.
7. Why does Minke say he is not returning home with Annelies?
(a) He needs to study.
(b) He doesn't love her.
(c) He has to prepare for war.
(d) He needs a break.
8. What does Nyai's letter in Chapter 11 inform Minke of?
(a) Annelies' death.
(b) The school's burning.
(c) His mother's suicide.
(d) Annelies' illness.
9. In Chapter 11, where does Minke tell Jean he has decided to stay?
10. What gift does Minke's mother give him at the wedding ceremony?
(a) His grandfather's sword.
(b) A ring.
(c) A car.
(d) His grandfather's gun.
11. Who is tried for murder in Chapter 16?
(b) Ah Tjong.
12. Why did Maiko live in constant fear?
(a) Her boss would learn of her disease.
(b) Her boss would fire her for stealing.
(c) She might be deported.
(d) Her husband wanted her back.
13. How does Minke feel at the start of Chapter 11?
(a) He has a headache.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He is happy.
(d) He is angry.
14. What psychological conclusion does Dr. Martinet draw in Chapter 15?
(a) Jean is anxious.
(b) Annelies suffers from anxiety.
(c) May is insane.
(d) His mother suffers from depression.
15. How does Annelies react to the letters Minke reads her?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Annelies confess raped her?
2. In Chapter 17, what does Minke discuss with Jean Marais?
3. Why, in Chapter 15, are rumors spread about Minke?
4. In Chapter 13, what theory does Minke ask his teachers about?
5. What score did Minke receive on the final exams?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)