|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Minke want Darsam to do to Fatso?
(a) Trick him.
(c) Steal his shoes.
(d) Beat him.
2. What gift does Minke's mother give him at the wedding ceremony?
(a) His grandfather's sword.
(b) A car.
(c) His grandfather's gun.
(d) A ring.
3. What type of party does Minke have in Chapter 18?
4. In Chapter 13, what theory does Minke ask his teachers about?
5. What time is Minke awakened in Chapter 7?
(a) 12 a.m.
(c) 1 p.m.
(d) 4 a.m.
6. Who defends Minke's article in Chapter 13?
(b) Robert Suurhof.
(d) Magda Peters.
7. What does Minke discuss with Dr. Martinet in Chapter 15?
(a) Annelies' health.
(b) May's health.
(c) Jean's health.
(d) His mother's health.
8. What is the teacher's reaction when Minke asks about the theory in Chapter 13?
(a) He answers his questions.
(b) He expells him.
(c) He hits him.
(d) He tells him not to ask again.
9. Whose body do the characters discover in the brothel?
10. In Chapter 9, who is Robert Mellema introduced to?
(a) A Japanese prostitute.
(b) A politician.
(c) A Japanese business man.
(d) A crooked police officer.
11. What type of wedding ceremony do Annelies and Minke have?
12. Why did Maiko live in constant fear?
(a) Her husband wanted her back.
(b) Her boss would learn of her disease.
(c) She might be deported.
(d) Her boss would fire her for stealing.
13. What psychological conclusion does Dr. Martinet draw in Chapter 15?
(a) Jean is anxious.
(b) May is insane.
(c) Annelies suffers from anxiety.
(d) His mother suffers from depression.
14. In Chapter 13, what does Minke discuss with Jean?
(d) Colonial wars.
15. Who is the beautiful princess in Minke's story in Chapter 14?
(b) Magda Peters.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what does Dr. Martinet learn about Minke and Annelies?
2. Who does Minke see in Chapter 16 that causes him to worry?
3. Where does Minke have to travel to in Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 15, what good news does Minke receive?
5. In Chapter 13, who gives Minke's article a bad review?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)