|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Nyai believe is an excellent example of a tragic figure?
2. In Chapter 6, who does Minke receive an invitation from?
(d) Robert Mellema.
3. What does Minke wonder if Nyai did to him ?
4. Who comes into the room while Minke and Jean Marais speak in Chapter 3?
(a) Minke's sister.
(b) Minke's mother.
(c) Jean Marais' daughter.
(d) Jean Marais' son.
5. Why did Jean Marais come to the island?
(a) He was exiled.
(b) He ran out of money.
(c) His wife wanted a change of scenery.
(d) He loved beaches.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Minke the story of how Nyai became a nyai?
2. What does Minke say he would rather do than read the letters?
3. Why did Annelies not return to school for a period of time?
4. What does May see on her walk in Chapter 3?
5. What does Dr. Martinet advise Nyai of?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)