|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provided Nyai with her education?
(c) Herman Mellema,
(d) Her mother.
2. What does Minke's school teach him?
(a) How to take notes.
(b) To play Lacrosse.
(c) To fight.
(d) How to speak Latin.
3. Who can Minke not get out of his mind in Chapter 3?
(a) The Queen.
(c) His mother.
4. What are some forms of progress Minke sees on the island?
(d) Trains and photos.
5. Why does Minke's friend in Chapter 3 tell him he is capable of making wise choices?
(a) He is European.
(b) He is a native.
(c) He is 32.
(d) He is educated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Minke dream about doing with his stories?
2. Why does Nyai say Annelies was taken out of school?
3. What does Nyai request in the letter she sends to Minke?
4. Why did Nyai not admit Herman to mental institute?
5. What does Minke boast about at the start of Chapter 2?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)