1. What is this story about?
(b) First love.
(c) Understanding roots.
2. What ethnicity is Minke?
3. In what century does "This Earth of Mankind" take place?
4. How old is Minke?
(a) At the brink of manhood.
(b) An old man.
5. Who is the narrator of the book?
(d) The author.
6. What type of school does Minke attend?
(a) European influenced.
7. Why is Minke at odds with his school?
(a) He broke a window.
(b) He cheated.
(c) He is a native.
(d) He is failing.
8. What is wrong with the girl Minke likes?
(a) She is five years younger.
(b) She joins the army.
(c) She is socially unacceptable.
(d) She is older.
9. What type of book might this story be classified as?
(b) Historical Fiction.
(c) Science Fiction.
10. What issue does this book explore?
(d) The Great Depression.
11. What does Chapter 1 provide the readers?
(b) Background information.
(c) Introduction to French history.
(d) Introduction to American history.
This section contains 3,346 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)