• Chapter 1
• This story tells the story of a young boy, Minke, who is on the brink of manhood.
• The story tells of his life in colonized Indonesia.
• Minke retells the story of his adventures in love and education.
• Minke wrote the story based on notes that he took during the time the events occurred.
• He admits that he does not know if his story is reality based or mixed with imagination.
• Chapter 2
• Minke begins his story by boasting of his education at one of the best schools in the Indies.
• He describes the process on the island which includes trains and photographs.
• Robert Suurhof arrives at Minke's home and tells him that he wants to introduce him to a beautiful girl.
• When they arrive and see Annelies, Minke agrees that she is pretty.
• Robert Suurhof says that he cannot date her because he is pure blood...
This section contains 1,377 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)