Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance," in the Black world, who are the two free people in the United States?
2. What metaphor does Gloria Anzaldua use to compare writing to?
3. Merle Woo claims that being a Chinese man in America makes the man a victim of _______________.
4. Gloria Anzaldua claims that women of color need to stop being compared to __________.
5. What does Chrystos want to give "you"? ("Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading")
Essay Topic 1
Many of the authors reference other authors that have contributed to the collaboration of "This Bridge Called My Back." Why do you think that this is the case? What do you believe is positive about referencing a co-writer? What do you believe is negative about referencing a co-writer?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the authors state the importance of writing in the movement. What does the author state as the importance of writing? What does writing do for these authors? What purpose does writing serve in the women's movement?
Essay Topic 3
Using the writings of Cherrie Moraga, describe and define the different types of lesbianism. Be sure to address their similarities and their differences.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)