|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance," in the Black world, who are the two free people in the United States?
2. What metaphor does Gloria Anzaldua use to compare writing to?
3. Merle Woo claims that being a Chinese man in America makes the man a victim of _______________.
4. Gloria Anzaldua claims that women of color need to stop being compared to __________.
5. What does Chrystos want to give "you"? ("Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading")
Essay Topic 1
Many of the writers detail specific things that a woman of color must do to help the women's movement become just that-a women's movement. They state that there are too many issues within the movement to move forward and make a real change happen. Discuss the different points that the authors make in regard to an individual's responsibility in the movement for it too succeed.
Essay Topic 2
Do you believe that any "voice"was left out of the book? What voice do you believe was omitted from the view points? Why do you believe this voice was omitted from the book? Why do you believe that this voice would have added to the tone of the theme?
Essay Topic 3
Some of the writings showed very personal reflections on the women's movement and the author's submersion in the movement. Other writings depicted a very sterile and emotionless presentation of the women's movement. Discuss the difference between the two very different stands on the problems associated with the women's movement. Which writings seemed to "better" present the problems associated with the women's movement? Explain.
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)