Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance," in the Black world, who are the two free people in the United States?
2. What metaphor does Gloria Anzaldua use to compare writing to?
3. Merle Woo claims that being a Chinese man in America makes the man a victim of _______________.
4. Gloria Anzaldua claims that women of color need to stop being compared to __________.
5. What does Chrystos want to give "you"? ("Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading")
While the initial reasoning behind the women's movement were based upon problems associated with the power that men had over women, it does not seem to be limited to that singular problem any longer. What specific issues are discussed as being part of the reasoning behind the problems that the women's movement continues to face? Whom else do the authors blame for the problems that the women's movement faced/faces? Are these problems relevant, based upon the readings? Why/Why not?
Many times throughout the book, internal struggles are blamed for the external problems associated with the women's movement. What purpose does the internal dissection of one's self serve in the women's movement, according to the authors that chose to identify this as a problem? Based on your reading, why do you believe that some authors chose to address this problem, and some did not?
Using the writings of Cherrie Moraga, describe and define the different types of lesbianism. Be sure to address their similarities and their differences.
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)