Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance," in the Black world, who are the two free people in the United States?
2. What metaphor does Gloria Anzaldua use to compare writing to?
3. Merle Woo claims that being a Chinese man in America makes the man a victim of _______________.
4. Gloria Anzaldua claims that women of color need to stop being compared to __________.
5. What does Chrystos want to give "you"? ("Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading")
Do you believe that any "voice"was left out of the book? What voice do you believe was omitted from the view points? Why do you believe this voice was omitted from the book? Why do you believe that this voice would have added to the tone of the theme?
Gloria Anzaldua states "The basic problem that we have had was believing somebody else's story about us." How does this explain the problems associated within the women's movement, according to the authors? What does this statement say about all races? Is there a common solution that the authors come to in regard to eliminating the problems associated with "somebody else's story"?
The book "This Bridge Called My Back" takes into consideration many different view points on the problems associated with the women's movement. Discuss in detail the variety of viewpoints notated in the book. What "label" does the author fit into? What does the author state as the problems in the movement? How does she detail the ways for the problems to be fixed?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)