|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance," in the Black world, who are the two free people in the United States?
2. What metaphor does Gloria Anzaldua use to compare writing to?
3. Merle Woo claims that being a Chinese man in America makes the man a victim of _______________.
4. Gloria Anzaldua claims that women of color need to stop being compared to __________.
5. What does Chrystos want to give "you"? ("Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading")
Essay Topic 1
Time and time again, fear is a main theme by many of the authors. Discuss fear as a consistent problem associated with the women's movement. Detail different authors' perspectives on the problems associated with the existence of fear within the women's movement.
Essay Topic 2
White women are detailed, in many of the writings, as being a large part of the oppression within the women's movement. What problems, according to the writers, do white women make for women of color in the movement? How do the writers support their statements against white women in the movement? Why do these problems seem ironic for the movement?
Essay Topic 3
The book "This Bridge Called My Back" takes into consideration many different view points on the problems associated with the women's movement. Discuss in detail the variety of viewpoints notated in the book. What "label" does the author fit into? What does the author state as the problems in the movement? How does she detail the ways for the problems to be fixed?
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)