|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cheryl Clarke identifies a lesbian as ________________.
2. According to the introduction of "El Mundo Zurdo: The Vision", what can women use as a source of power-if they use it?
3. What kind of crisis does Hattie Gossett claim there is at the time of her book's release?
4. In "La Prieta," what are "old selves" compared to?
5. What story is the monkey from that Gloria Anzaldua referenced in "La Prieta"?
Essay Topic 1
"A woman with power is feared."-Cherrie Moraga. Do you believe that this statement is true? Why/Why not? How do some of authors support this statement? Do any of the authors negate this statement? Why/Why not?
Essay Topic 2
Time and time again, fear is a main theme by many of the authors. Discuss fear as a consistent problem associated with the women's movement. Detail different authors' perspectives on the problems associated with the existence of fear within the women's movement.
Essay Topic 3
White women are detailed, in many of the writings, as being a large part of the oppression within the women's movement. What problems, according to the writers, do white women make for women of color in the movement? How do the writers support their statements against white women in the movement? Why do these problems seem ironic for the movement?
This section contains 1,246 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)