Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance," in the Black world, who are the two free people in the United States?
2. What metaphor does Gloria Anzaldua use to compare writing to?
3. Merle Woo claims that being a Chinese man in America makes the man a victim of _______________.
4. Gloria Anzaldua claims that women of color need to stop being compared to __________.
5. What does Chrystos want to give "you"? ("Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading")
Essay Topic 1
The book "This Bridge Called My Back" takes into consideration many different view points on the problems associated with the women's movement. Discuss in detail the variety of viewpoints notated in the book. What "label" does the author fit into? What does the author state as the problems in the movement? How does she detail the ways for the problems to be fixed?
Essay Topic 2
Alchemy is discussed many times by many different authors in the book. Why does this word seem to be important for some of the authors, while others disregard it? How does the term create a positive image in some writings and a negative image in others? How does this word imitate the problems detailed in the book by the different authors?
Essay Topic 3
Some of the writings showed very personal reflections on the women's movement and the author's submersion in the movement. Other writings depicted a very sterile and emotionless presentation of the women's movement. Discuss the difference between the two very different stands on the problems associated with the women's movement. Which writings seemed to "better" present the problems associated with the women's movement? Explain.
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)