Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance," in the Black world, who are the two free people in the United States?
2. What metaphor does Gloria Anzaldua use to compare writing to?
3. Merle Woo claims that being a Chinese man in America makes the man a victim of _______________.
4. Gloria Anzaldua claims that women of color need to stop being compared to __________.
5. What does Chrystos want to give "you"? ("Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading")
Metaphors in many of the writings showed a comparison of ideals and objects that painted a very vibrant, and sometimes disturbing, picture. Choose three to five metaphors and discuss the importance of the metaphor, the point the metaphor was making, and the use of the comparison in making the point the author wanted to make. Did the use of the metaphor work? Why/Why not?
Why do you feel the the book was titled "This Bridge Called My Back"? What imagery does this title set up for the book? Is it a negative or positive understanding? Why?
The book "This Bridge Called My Back" takes into consideration many different view points on the problems associated with the women's movement. Discuss in detail the variety of viewpoints notated in the book. What "label" does the author fit into? What does the author state as the problems in the movement? How does she detail the ways for the problems to be fixed?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)