Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance," in the Black world, who are the two free people in the United States?
2. What metaphor does Gloria Anzaldua use to compare writing to?
3. Merle Woo claims that being a Chinese man in America makes the man a victim of _______________.
4. Gloria Anzaldua claims that women of color need to stop being compared to __________.
5. What does Chrystos want to give "you"? ("Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading")
Essay Topic 1
Many of the authors reference other authors that have contributed to the collaboration of "This Bridge Called My Back." Why do you think that this is the case? What do you believe is positive about referencing a co-writer? What do you believe is negative about referencing a co-writer?
Essay Topic 2
Time and time again, fear is a main theme by many of the authors. Discuss fear as a consistent problem associated with the women's movement. Detail different authors' perspectives on the problems associated with the existence of fear within the women's movement.
Essay Topic 3
Many of the authors claim that they had to make personal changes to feel like they were part of the women's movement, while others stated that not changing was the answer. Discuss the different stands that the authors make in regard to personal change within the women's movement. When is change necessary? When is change not necessary? Why?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)