Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance," in the Black world, who are the two free people in the United States?
2. What metaphor does Gloria Anzaldua use to compare writing to?
3. Merle Woo claims that being a Chinese man in America makes the man a victim of _______________.
4. Gloria Anzaldua claims that women of color need to stop being compared to __________.
5. What does Chrystos want to give "you"? ("Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading")
Essay Topic 1
Why do you feel the the book was titled "This Bridge Called My Back"? What imagery does this title set up for the book? Is it a negative or positive understanding? Why?
Essay Topic 2
The book "This Bridge Called My Back" takes into consideration many different view points on the problems associated with the women's movement. Discuss in detail the variety of viewpoints notated in the book. What "label" does the author fit into? What does the author state as the problems in the movement? How does she detail the ways for the problems to be fixed?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the authors claim that they had to make personal changes to feel like they were part of the women's movement, while others stated that not changing was the answer. Discuss the different stands that the authors make in regard to personal change within the women's movement. When is change necessary? When is change not necessary? Why?
This section contains 1,256 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)