|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is quoted at the beginning of "Children Passing in the Streets" as saying, "I learned to make my mind large, as the universe is large, so that there is room for paradoxes"?
2. What does the narrator say she is in "I Am What I Am"?
3. Where did the author of "La Guera's" mother work while lying about her age?
4. According to an essay by Rosario Morales in April 1980, by what does "this society" divides us?
5. According to Chrystos, what is no longer considered a tool that can eliminate racism?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the meaning behind "Wonder Woman"?
2. Name three of the problems that Doris Davenport named as part of the problem within the feminist movement?
3. Who lives in the marrow of the narrator in "I Walk in the History of My People"?
4. What did Judit Maschkovich define as American and Latin culture?
5. What did Doris Davenport describe as Black "wimmin's "aversion to white "wimmin"?
6. When did Mitsuye Yamada say that Asian Pacific American women would speak out?
7. What did Cherrie Moraga ask Aurora Levins Morales to write about, and what did Morales choose to write about?
8. In the introduction, Moraga defined the different sections of the book. What are they?
9. How did Mitsuye Yamada say that Asian Pacific American women could make themselves more visible?
10. How do the poems "When I Was Growing Up" and "on not being" differ by point-of-view?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Lesbianism within the women's movement seems to create problems, according to many of the lesbian authors. How do they describe the difficulty of being a lesbian within the women's movement? Why do some of the authors claim that being a lesbian within the movement creates problems of its own?
Essay Topic 2
"A woman with power is feared."-Cherrie Moraga. Do you believe that this statement is true? Why/Why not? How do some of authors support this statement? Do any of the authors negate this statement? Why/Why not?
Essay Topic 3
Many of the authors reference other authors that have contributed to the collaboration of "This Bridge Called My Back." Why do you think that this is the case? What do you believe is positive about referencing a co-writer? What do you believe is negative about referencing a co-writer?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)