|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "For the Color of My Mother"?
2. What author did the narrator from "I Am What I Am" read "thru three or four times"?
3. What does the author who was quoted at the beginning of "La Guera" hope that women can make their own?
4. In what year did the mother of the author of "La Guera" marry the writer's father?
5. What word have feminists "had it with"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rosario Morales say that she is in "I am What I Am"?
2. Why did Doris Davenport state that racist white feminists were powerless, spineless, and invisible?
3. What did Cherrie Moraga ask Aurora Levins Morales to write about, and what did Morales choose to write about?
4. What happened to Naomi Littlebear when she ran home after being attacked as a little girl?
5. Why did the woman in Lee's "on not bein" marry the first man who proposed?
6. What did Aurora Levins Morales decide was the issue that she had with Piri Thomas' book "Down These Mean Streets"?
7. How did Mitsuye Yamada say that Asian Pacific American women could make themselves more visible?
8. Who lives in the marrow of the narrator in "I Walk in the History of My People"?
9. When did Mitsuye Yamada say that Asian Pacific American women would speak out?
10. What did Judit Maschkovich define as American and Latin culture?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Alchemy is discussed many times by many different authors in the book. Why does this word seem to be important for some of the authors, while others disregard it? How does the term create a positive image in some writings and a negative image in others? How does this word imitate the problems detailed in the book by the different authors?
Essay Topic 2
Many of the authors reference other authors that have contributed to the collaboration of "This Bridge Called My Back." Why do you think that this is the case? What do you believe is positive about referencing a co-writer? What do you believe is negative about referencing a co-writer?
Essay Topic 3
Gloria Anzaldua states "The basic problem that we have had was believing somebody else's story about us." How does this explain the problems associated within the women's movement, according to the authors? What does this statement say about all races? Is there a common solution that the authors come to in regard to eliminating the problems associated with "somebody else's story"?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)