|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Your skin must be sensitive for the lightest _____________ and thick enough to ward off the ___________________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
(a) Touch and demons.
(b) Breath and strikes.
(c) Kiss and sneers.
(d) Compliment and disgrace.
2. What happened on August 6, 1941, just four days before the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
(a) Billie Holiday's "Ella, Lena And Billie" came out.
(b) Billie Holiday's "Distinctive Song Stylings" came out.
(c) Billie Holiday's "Lady Day" was made.
(d) Billie Holiday's "Story Volume 2" was made.
3. What does Gloria Anzaldua say that women have to lose?
(b) Only their sanity.
(c) Nothing, they never had any privileges.
(d) Only their souls.
4. On what night is Nellie Wong writing a letter to herself?
(a) Her birthday.
(b) Mother's Day.
(c) New Year's night.
(d) Christmas Eve.
5. According to Mirtha Quintanales, what is racism?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) A problem that will never go away.
(c) A Big Monster.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was the first piece of Hattie Gossett's book "my soul looks back in wonder/wild wimmin don't get no blues" written?
2. What is one of Gloria Anzaldua's biggest fears?
3. According to the Combahee River Collective, whose job is it to eliminate racism in the white women's movement?
4. Who does Cheryl Clarke believe to be the real enemy to lesbians?
5. What is the NBFO?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Gloria Anzaldua write?
2. According to Gloria Anzaldua, what were the problems associated with power in her essay "La Prieta"?
3. What did Barbara Smith claim about many lesbians being separatists?
4. What did Michelle Wallace, as noted by the Combahee River Colective, state about the struggle to change the Black woman's condition?
5. How did Gloria Anzaldua describe herself as "Shiva"?
6. Mirtha Quintanales stated that all humans had/have needs that must be met. What, according to Quintanales, are the circumstances under which these needs are to be met?
7. How did Cheryl Clarke wrap up her essay "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance"?
8. What did Gloria Anzaldua's mother want in return for birthing Gloria?
9. What drove Barbara Smith crazy regarding the arrogance of some white women? (Across the Kitchen Table")
10. What comparison did Cheryl Clarke make between lesbians and black women?
This section contains 1,020 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)