|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gloria Anzaldua claims ___________split her.
(a) Her mother's beliefs.
(b) Her lover's questions.
(c) Other cultures.
(d) People's labels.
2. What is Gloria Anzaldua's main distraction from writing?
3. What is a "gorra"?
(a) A grandchild.
(b) A loved one.
(c) A dress.
(d) A sunbonnet.
4. What does Cherrie Moraga claim that she is NOT in the poem "The Welder"?
(a) An alchemist.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A forgiver.
(d) A miracle worker.
5. What relationships are important to Gloria Anzaldua?
(a) The ones within our culture.
(b) The ones with others and self.
(c) The ones with others.
(d) The ones with humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened on August 6, 1941, just four days before the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
2. According to Barbara Noda, what sang out to her in "Lowriding Through the Women's Movement"?
3. Why does Beverly Smith get "so frustrated"?
4. What does Cherrie Moraga claim is possible in the poem "The Welder"?
5. Combahee River Collective defined the American political system as________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Nellie Wong state that she will not stop working and writing? ("In Search of the Self As Hero: Confetti of Voices on New Year's Night")
2. Mirtha Quintanales stated that all humans had/have needs that must be met. What, according to Quintanales, are the circumstances under which these needs are to be met?
3. What does Gloria Anzaldua state is the reason that one resists the act of writing?
4. Describe the "smart-ugly" crystallization as described by the Combahee River Collective.
5. What did Beverly Smith claim was the problem with analyzing problems within the women's movement?
6. What did Barbara Smith claim about many lesbians being separatists?
7. How did Cherrie Moraga describe the similarities and differences between Third World women writers?
8. Why did the poem "I sing to myself", as used by Norma Alarcon in "Chicana's Feminist Literature: A Re-Vision Through Malintzin," represent a key example for her problem with the parent-child relationship?
9. Why does Gloria Anzaldua write?
10. What happened to Gloria Anzaldua when she began to write the essay "La Prieta"?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)