|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the introduction of "El Mundo Zurdo: The Vision", what can women use as a source of power-if they use it?
(b) Inner strength.
(c) The promise of the future.
(d) The pain of the past.
2. What do women of color dare to show the world? ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
(a) Their power.
(b) Their pride in their culture.
(c) Human flesh and the red of their blood.
(d) Their honesty.
3. "Certainly ____________ is not just a white phenomenon." (Gloria Anzaldua)
4. What does Hattie Gossett claim nobody cares about in the '80s?
(a) Giving back to society.
(b) Living morally.
(c) Black folks.
5. According to the Combahee River Collective, whose job is it to eliminate racism in the white women's movement?
(a) Black women.
(b) White women.
(c) Third World Writers.
(d) All women.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance," in the Black world, who are the two free people in the United States?
2. In her letter to Barbara Smith, Mirtha Quintanales tells Smith about ___________.
3. What does Chrystos pass around the circle in her poem "Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading"?
4. According to Gloria Anzaldua, fears act like __________.
5. Who was Gloria Anzaldua's first love?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did/does Barbara Smith believe that the white power structure did a good job on keeping women from bonding across racial lines?
2. What drove Barbara Smith crazy regarding the arrogance of some white women? (Across the Kitchen Table")
3. Why did Luisah Teish claim that men always put down herbal remedies? (From her interview with Gloria Anzaldua.)
4. Why did Cherrie Moraga, in the poem "The Welder," state that she was a welder and not an alchemist?
5. Why does Gloria Anzaldua write?
6. What did Beverly Smith claim was the problem with analyzing problems within the women's movement?
7. Why did Barbara Smith claim that "virtually no Black person in this country ...is surprised about oppression"?
8. What happened to Gloria Anzaldua when she began to write the essay "La Prieta"?
9. How did Gloria Anzaldua describe herself as "Shiva"?
10. How did Cherrie Moraga describe the similarities and differences between Third World women writers?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)