|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cherrie Moraga claim is possible in the poem "The Welder"?
(c) Love of all.
2. What relationships are important to Gloria Anzaldua?
(a) The ones with humanity.
(b) The ones with others and self.
(c) The ones with others.
(d) The ones within our culture.
3. How does a woman who chooses to be a lesbian, according to Cheryl Clarke, live?
(b) In hiding.
4. What does NWSA stand for?
(a) Need Women Saying All.
(b) Not Willing to Say Anything.
(c) National Women's Studies Association.
(d) National White Studies Agendas.
5. What does Chrystos use to "mark out the space I am"?
Short Answer Questions
1. As stated by the Combahee River Collective, what did "smart" equal?
2. What does being a "Yellow Feminist" mean? (Merle Woo)
3. To what does Rosario Morales compare "protective coloring in racist fields"?
4. What is the brown thigh bone carved with in "Give Me Back"?
5. According to the introduction of "El Mundo Zurdo: The Vision", what can women use as a source of power-if they use it?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Gloria Anzaldua, what did she believe that white men expected of Third World women if they wanted to make it in a "right-handed world"?
2. What drove Barbara Smith crazy regarding the arrogance of some white women? (Across the Kitchen Table")
3. Why did Hattie Gossett believe that it would be difficult to get her book out?
4. What "click" did Beverly Smith claim still existed in the women's movement?
5. Why did the Combahee River Collective state that they were socialists?
6. Why did Gloria Anzaldua claim that lesbians of color were invisible?
7. How did Cherrie Moraga describe the similarities and differences between Third World women writers?
8. What did Beverly Smith claim was the problem with analyzing problems within the women's movement?
9. What did Michelle Wallace, as noted by the Combahee River Colective, state about the struggle to change the Black woman's condition?
10. What does Gloria Anzaldua state is the reason that one resists the act of writing?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)