|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was the first piece of Hattie Gossett's book "my soul looks back in wonder/wild wimmin don't get no blues" written?
2. According to the Combahee River Collective, what did they claim as being recognized as being enough?
3. What did Gloria Anzaldua's mother want in return for her birthing Gloria?
(a) Her to forgive her for raising her badly.
(b) Submission without rebellion.
(c) Her to suceed.
(d) Her unconditional love.
4. Who was Gloria Anzaldua's first love?
(a) A German Shepherd.
(b) A Poodle.
(c) A Corgi.
(d) A Collie.
5. What does being a "Yellow Feminist" mean? (Merle Woo)
(a) Being a "tree hugger."
(b) Being a community activist and humanist.
(c) Loving all people.
(d) Supporting peace worldwide.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Combahee River Collective first begin to meet?
2. From what does writing save Gloria Anzaldua?
3. According to Cheryl Clarke, of whom are black women envious?
4. According to the Combahee River Collective, whose job is it to eliminate racism in the white women's movement?
5. What is the brown thigh bone carved with in "Give Me Back"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Cheryl Clarke wrap up her essay "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance"?
2. What did Gloria Anzaldua's mother want in return for birthing Gloria?
3. What comparison did Cheryl Clarke make between lesbians and black women?
4. Why did Barbara Smith claim that "virtually no Black person in this country ...is surprised about oppression"?
5. Mirtha Quintanales stated that all humans had/have needs that must be met. What, according to Quintanales, are the circumstances under which these needs are to be met?
6. What did Beverly Smith claim was the problem with analyzing problems within the women's movement?
7. How did Cherrie Moraga describe the similarities and differences between Third World women writers?
8. Describe the "smart-ugly" crystallization as described by the Combahee River Collective.
9. What does Gloria Anzaldua state is the reason that one resists the act of writing?
10. Why did Cheryl Clarke state that being a lesbian is a dangerous act of rebellion?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)