|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gloria Anzaldua claims that women of color need to stop being compared to __________.
(d) Dying trees.
2. What did Gloria Anzaldua's mother want in return for her birthing Gloria?
(a) Her to forgive her for raising her badly.
(b) Submission without rebellion.
(c) Her to suceed.
(d) Her unconditional love.
3. What does Hattie Gossett claim nobody cares about in the '80s?
(b) Black folks.
(c) Giving back to society.
(d) Living morally.
4. What humorous answer does Barbara Smith give to the following question that her sister poses to her: "Is there any oppression that women experience that is that total, in other words literally affects their physical well-being on a day to day basis?
5. To whom is Merle Woo's letter written to? (January, 1980)
(a) Her "ma."
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gloria Anzaldua say women of color cannot allow?
2. When did the Combahee River Collective first begin to meet?
3. According to Gloria Anzaldua, fears act like __________.
4. What do women of color dare to show the world? ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
5. "There is no __________________ in poverty." (Gloria Anzaldua)
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)