|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Merle Woo's letter written to? (January, 1980)
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her "ma."
(c) Her father.
(d) Her lover.
2. What does being a "Yellow Feminist" mean? (Merle Woo)
(a) Being a "tree hugger."
(b) Loving all people.
(c) Supporting peace worldwide.
(d) Being a community activist and humanist.
3. What does Gloria Anzaldua say women of color cannot allow?
(a) Being dehumanized.
(b) Being tokenized.
(c) Being hurt.
(d) Being made fun of.
4. How does a woman who chooses to be a lesbian, according to Cheryl Clarke, live?
(a) In hiding.
5. When did the Combahee River Collective first begin to meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what night is Nellie Wong writing a letter to herself?
2. Who was Gloria Anzaldua's first love?
3. What does Gloria Anzaldua say that women have to lose?
4. According to "Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers," what do "white eyes" not bother to learn?
5. What happened on August 6, 1941, just four days before the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the poem "I sing to myself", as used by Norma Alarcon in "Chicana's Feminist Literature: A Re-Vision Through Malintzin," represent a key example for her problem with the parent-child relationship?
2. Why did Nellie Wong state that she will not stop working and writing? ("In Search of the Self As Hero: Confetti of Voices on New Year's Night")
3. Why did Cherrie Moraga, in the poem "The Welder," state that she was a welder and not an alchemist?
4. According to Gloria Anzaldua, what did she believe that white men expected of Third World women if they wanted to make it in a "right-handed world"?
5. What happened to Gloria Anzaldua when she began to write the essay "La Prieta"?
6. Describe the "smart-ugly" crystallization as described by the Combahee River Collective.
7. What did Barbara Smith claim about many lesbians being separatists?
8. How did Cheryl Clarke wrap up her essay "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance"?
9. Why did Gloria Anzaldua claim that lesbians of color were invisible?
10. What drove Barbara Smith crazy regarding the arrogance of some white women? (Across the Kitchen Table")
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)