|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Barbara Smith says there is no such thing as ___________________.
(a) An easy way to do things.
(b) A cure for racism.
(c) Simplicity in life.
2. According to Barbara Smith, what book did African American students have a hard time believing was about "white people"?
(a) "The Sound and the Fury."
(b) "Invisible Man."
(c) "Diasy Miller."
(d) "The Grapes of Wrath."
3. According to the Combahee River Collective, what did they claim as being recognized as being enough?
4. On what night is Nellie Wong writing a letter to herself?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) New Year's night.
(c) Her birthday.
(d) Mother's Day.
5. How does a woman who chooses to be a lesbian, according to Cheryl Clarke, live?
(c) In hiding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cherrie Moraga claim is possible in the poem "The Welder"?
2. Cheryl Clarke identifies a lesbian as ________________.
3. What does Chrystos pass around the circle in her poem "Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading"?
4. Why can't Gloria Anzaldua sleep at night?
5. The introduction of "El Mundo Zurdo: The Vision" claims autonomy is NOT __________.
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)