|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Malintzin?
(a) An Indian princess.
(b) A mythological fairy.
(c) An Aztec nobel woman.
(d) A goddess.
2. When was the first piece of Hattie Gossett's book "my soul looks back in wonder/wild wimmin don't get no blues" written?
3. The introduction of "El Mundo Zurdo: The Vision" claims autonomy is NOT __________.
4. According to the introduction of "Speaking in Tongues: The Third World Woman Writer," a woman who writes has __________.
5. Why can't Gloria Anzaldua sleep at night?
(a) She has lost her lover.
(b) Her father died.
(c) Her mother has disowned her.
(d) The mugger said he would come and get her.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Nellie Wong, if one sings about woe too often the person is accused of ___________.
2. What is one of Gloria Anzaldua's biggest fears?
3. What does Chrystos use to "mark out the space I am"?
4. "Even though we go hungry we are not impoverished of ________________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
5. Who was Malintzin's lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Barbara Smith claim that "virtually no Black person in this country ...is surprised about oppression"?
2. What did Beverly Smith claim was the problem with analyzing problems within the women's movement?
3. Why does Gloria Anzaldua write?
4. Why did/does Barbara Smith believe that the white power structure did a good job on keeping women from bonding across racial lines?
5. Why did Cheryl Clarke state that being a lesbian is a dangerous act of rebellion?
6. Why did Nellie Wong state that she will not stop working and writing? ("In Search of the Self As Hero: Confetti of Voices on New Year's Night")
7. According to Cherrie Moraga's introduction to the section "Speaking in Tongues: The Third World Woman Writer," what did first generation third world writers defy?
8. Why did the Combahee River Collective believe that they needed a collection of Black feminist writing?
9. What did the concrete objects in the poem "Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading" represent in reality?
10. Why did Cherrie Moraga, in the poem "The Welder," state that she was a welder and not an alchemist?
This section contains 1,009 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)