Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance," in the Black world, who are the two free people in the United States?
(a) Black men and white women.
(b) Black men and women.
(c) White men and black women.
(d) White men and women.
2. What metaphor does Gloria Anzaldua use to compare writing to?
(a) "The tiger riding our backs."
(b) "The mouth of the dragon."
(c) "The wind that fills the sails."
(d) "The green of the earth."
3. Merle Woo claims that being a Chinese man in America makes the man a victim of _______________.
(a) All races outside of Chinese.
(b) Sexism and racism.
(c) Chinese women.
(d) Mind and body.
4. Gloria Anzaldua claims that women of color need to stop being compared to __________.
(c) Dying trees.
5. What does Chrystos want to give "you"? ("Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading")
(a) The first daffodil opening.
(b) A wind to fill your sails.
(c) A wave from the ocean.
(d) The first bloom from a cactus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of crisis does Hattie Gossett claim there is at the time of her book's release?
2. According to "Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers," what do "white eyes" not bother to learn?
3. Who wrote the book "Bloodroots"?
4. How long did it take for Gloria Anzaldua to believe that white is not better than brown?
5. According to Nellie Wong, if one sings about woe too often the person is accused of ___________.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)