|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In her letter to Barbara Smith, Mirtha Quintanales tells Smith about ___________.
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
2. What drives Barbara Smith crazy, according to the "Sister-to-Sister Dialogue"?
(a) White women choosing not to finish school.
(b) Women being taken for granted.
(c) Life not being fair.
(d) Black women taking steretypical jobs.
3. Who was Malintzin's lover?
4. Who wrote the following: "I do not believe/our wants have made all our lies/holy"?
(a) Audre Lorde.
(b) Sylvia Plath.
(c) Cherrie Moraga.
5. Why does Nellie Wong claim that "you" (a writer/her) will not stop working and writing?
(a) You care, refuse to give up, and won't submit.
(b) It is too important.
(c) You will not extinguish the fire in yourself.
(d) It means too much to those that read it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What essay of Cherrie Moraga's does Naomi Littlebear refer to by referencing a six-pack of beer?
2. According to "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance," in the Black world, who are the two free people in the United States?
3. What does Gloria Anzaldua say that women have to lose?
4. According to Cheryl Clarke, how many different kinds of lesbians are there?
5. What is no black person in this country surprised about? (Smith/Smith dialogue)
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Gloria Anzaldua claim that lesbians of color were invisible?
2. What does Gloria Anzaldua state is the reason that one resists the act of writing?
3. How did Cheryl Clarke wrap up her essay "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance"?
4. What "click" did Beverly Smith claim still existed in the women's movement?
5. What did Barbara Smith claim about many lesbians being separatists?
6. Why did the Combahee River Collective believe that they needed a collection of Black feminist writing?
7. What happened to Gloria Anzaldua when she began to write the essay "La Prieta"?
8. What drove Barbara Smith crazy regarding the arrogance of some white women? (Across the Kitchen Table")
9. Why did Luisah Teish claim that men always put down herbal remedies? (From her interview with Gloria Anzaldua.)
10. According to Gloria Anzaldua, what did she believe that white men expected of Third World women if they wanted to make it in a "right-handed world"?
This section contains 976 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)