|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of Gloria Anzaldua's biggest fears?
(a) Betraying herself.
(b) Failing as a writer.
(c) Failing her mother.
(d) Sending out the wrong message to young women.
2. Who wrote the book "Bloodroots"?
(a) Cherrie Moraga.
(b) Barbara Smith.
(d) Alma Villanueva.
3. "The lesbian of color is not only invisible, she does not even __________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
(a) Prove her worthiness.
4. What humorous answer does Barbara Smith give to the following question that her sister poses to her: "Is there any oppression that women experience that is that total, in other words literally affects their physical well-being on a day to day basis?
5. In her letter to Barbara Smith, Mirtha Quintanales tells Smith about ___________.
(a) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chrystos use to "mark out the space I am"?
2. Mirtha Quintanales claims that there is no such thing as __________.
3. What book did Naomi Littlebear send to Cherrie Moraga?
4. "Feminism for you means working for the equality and humanity of women and men, for children, for the _________________ that is possible." (Nellie Wong)
5. According to Cheryl Clarke, of whom are black women envious?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gloria Anzaldua describe herself as "Shiva"?
2. Why did the Combahee River Collective believe that they needed a collection of Black feminist writing?
3. How did Cherrie Moraga describe the similarities and differences between Third World women writers?
4. What comparison did Cheryl Clarke make between lesbians and black women?
5. What did Barbara Smith claim about many lesbians being separatists?
6. What does Gloria Anzaldua state is the reason that one resists the act of writing?
7. What did Beverly Smith claim was the problem with analyzing problems within the women's movement?
8. What happened to Gloria Anzaldua when she began to write the essay "La Prieta"?
9. According to Gloria Anzaldua, what were the problems associated with power in her essay "La Prieta"?
10. What "click" did Beverly Smith claim still existed in the women's movement?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)