|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the brown thigh bone carved with in "Give Me Back"?
(a) The bare fingers of a woman.
(b) The teeth of a babe.
(c) An eagle's beak.
(d) A rock from the ocean.
2. What does Gloria Anzaldua say women of color cannot allow?
(a) Being hurt.
(b) Being dehumanized.
(c) Being made fun of.
(d) Being tokenized.
3. What did Gloria Anzaldua claim changed her forever?
4. What does Chrystos use to "mark out the space I am"?
5. Gloria Anzaldua claims that women of color need to stop being compared to __________.
(d) Dying trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Gloria Anzaldua, fears act like __________.
2. According to the introduction of "Speaking in Tongues: The Third World Woman Writer," a woman who writes has __________.
3. According to Cheryl Clarke, how many different kinds of lesbians are there?
4. Mirtha Quintanales claims that there is no such thing as __________.
5. What do women of color dare to show the world? ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)