|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom is Merle Woo's letter written to? (January, 1980)
(a) Her sister.
(b) Her lover.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her "ma."
2. Who wrote the following: "I do not believe/our wants have made all our lies/holy"?
(a) Audre Lorde.
(b) Cherrie Moraga.
(c) Sylvia Plath.
3. What is a "gorra"?
(a) A dress.
(b) A loved one.
(c) A sunbonnet.
(d) A grandchild.
4. What is no black person in this country surprised about? (Smith/Smith dialogue)
5. Cheryl Clarke identifies a lesbian as ________________.
(a) A woman who dislikes men.
(b) A woman who proves she is.
(c) A woman who says she is.
(d) A woman who denies her sexuality.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Hattie Gossett claim "is really a drag"?
2. The introduction of "El Mundo Zurdo: The Vision" claims autonomy is NOT __________.
3. What drives Barbara Smith crazy, according to the "Sister-to-Sister Dialogue"?
4. According to the introduction of "Speaking in Tongues: The Third World Woman Writer," a woman who writes has __________.
5. "Even though we go hungry we are not impoverished of ________________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)