|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mirtha Quintanales, what is racism?
(a) A problem that will never go away.
(b) A nightmare.
(c) A Big Monster.
2. What does Cherrie Moraga claim is possible in the poem "The Welder"?
(d) Love of all.
3. What does Gloria Anzaldua say that women have to lose?
(b) Only their souls.
(c) Only their sanity.
(d) Nothing, they never had any privileges.
4. According to Barbara Noda, what sang out to her in "Lowriding Through the Women's Movement"?
5. What does Chrystos use to "mark out the space I am"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened on August 6, 1941, just four days before the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
2. From what does writing save Gloria Anzaldua?
3. What does Gloria Anzaldua say women of color cannot allow?
4. What is one of Gloria Anzaldua's biggest fears?
5. In her letter to Barbara Smith, Mirtha Quintanales tells Smith about ___________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Cheryl Clarke state that being a lesbian is a dangerous act of rebellion?
2. Why did Hattie Gossett believe that it would be difficult to get her book out?
3. According to Gloria Anzaldua, what did she believe that white men expected of Third World women if they wanted to make it in a "right-handed world"?
4. Describe the "smart-ugly" crystallization as described by the Combahee River Collective.
5. What did Gloria Anzaldua's mother want in return for birthing Gloria?
6. What happened to Gloria Anzaldua when she began to write the essay "La Prieta"?
7. Mirtha Quintanales stated that all humans had/have needs that must be met. What, according to Quintanales, are the circumstances under which these needs are to be met?
8. Why did Cherrie Moraga, in the poem "The Welder," state that she was a welder and not an alchemist?
9. What did Beverly Smith claim was the problem with analyzing problems within the women's movement?
10. What did Barbara Smith claim about many lesbians being separatists?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)