|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a reference to another author in "La Guera," where must one look to find the dream?
(a) To the past.
(b) The inner self.
(c) The nightmare.
(d) The ego.
2. What is Latin American culture dominated by as related in "But I know You, American Woman"?
(a) European culture.
(b) American mass culture.
(c) Spanish culture.
(d) Native American culture.
3. Where was the author of "La Guera"'s mother born?
(b) San Jose.
(d) Santa Paula.
4. What does Audre Lorde consider wasted energy, as related in"An Open Letter To Mary Daly"?
(a) Trying to change racism.
(b) Speaking to white women about racism.
(c) Trying to be a feminist.
(d) Speaking to feminists about racism.
5. How does Doris Davenport write "women"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the author of "When I Was Growing Up" long to be?
2. "Light was _________," according to the narrator in "La Guera."
3. According to Doris Davenport, what is wrong with the word "racism"?
4. In what year did the mother of the author of "La Guera" marry the writer's father?
5. Who wrote "For the Color of My Mother"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the woman in Lee's "on not bein" marry the first man who proposed?
2. Why did Cherrie Moraga, in the poem "The Welder," state that she was a welder and not an alchemist?
3. What did Cherrie Moraga ask Aurora Levins Morales to write about, and what did Morales choose to write about?
4. What did Gloria Anzaldua's mother want in return for birthing Gloria?
5. What did Cherrie Moraga state as the driving force behind compiling the book "This Bridge Called My Back"?
6. Why did the poem "I sing to myself", as used by Norma Alarcon in "Chicana's Feminist Literature: A Re-Vision Through Malintzin," represent a key example for her problem with the parent-child relationship?
7. Why did Gloria Anzaldua claim that lesbians of color were invisible?
8. What were Cherrie Moraga's and Gloria Anzaldua's hopes for the book?
9. What did the concrete objects in the poem "Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading" represent in reality?
10. What does Rosario Morales say that she is in "I am What I Am"?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)