|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chrystos declare that she is afraid of in "I Don't Understand Those Who Have Turned Away From Me"?
(a) Her own culture.
(b) White people.
2. Where does the narrator of "Wonder Woman" reflect about other women doing the same things as she does?
3. According to the introduction to the first section of the book, what will readers find voices from?
4. According to an essay by Rosario Morales in April 1980, by what does "this society" divides us?
5. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with American culture?
(c) Native American.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who staffs the Buen Muir Indian Trading Post?
2. What author did the narrator from "I Am What I Am" read "thru three or four times"?
3. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" see on sidewalks?
4. What does the author want to make changes in, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
5. According to Chrystos, what is no longer considered a tool that can eliminate racism?
Short Essay Questions
1. Given that Judit Moschovich did not equate "American" with imperialistic and racist, what did she equate "American" with?
2. What does Rosario Morales say that she is in "I am What I Am"?
3. Why did Doris Davenport state that racist white feminists were powerless, spineless, and invisible?
4. What did Doris Davenport describe as Black "wimmin's "aversion to white "wimmin"?
5. What were Cherrie Moraga's and Gloria Anzaldua's hopes for the book?
6. Name three of the problems that Doris Davenport named as part of the problem within the feminist movement?
7. What is the meaning behind "Wonder Woman"?
8. What did Cherrie Moraga state that she learned when she attended a concert where Ntosake Shange was reading?
9. What did Aurora Levins Morales decide was the issue that she had with Piri Thomas' book "Down These Mean Streets"?
10. In the poem "When I was Growing Up," what was life like for Nellie Wong?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)