|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Doris Davenport, what is wrong with the word "racism"?
(a) Too specific.
(b) Too much incorrect history.
(c) Too general and simplistic.
(d) Too accepted.
2. Who wrote "Wonder Woman"?
(a) Hattie Gossett.
(b) Genny Lim.
(c) Kim Chernin.
(d) Kat Long.
3. What book did Mary Daly send to Audre Lorde?
(a) "Quintessence... Realizing the Archaic Future: A Radical Elemental Feminist Manifesto."
(b) "The Church and the Second Sex."
(c) "Beyond God the Father: Toward a Philosophy of Women's Liberation."
4. Who is quoted at the beginning of "Children Passing in the Streets" as saying, "I learned to make my mind large, as the universe is large, so that there is room for paradoxes"?
(a) Maxine Hong Kingston.
(b) Mitsuye Yamada.
(d) Barbara Smith.
5. In what month in 1979, did Gloria attend a women's retreat in California?
Short Answer Questions
1. What word did Gloria and Merlin wish to define for themselves, based upon their choice to leave a national feminist writers movement?
2. What does the author who was quoted at the beginning of "La Guera" hope that women can make their own?
3. Who wrote "The Brown Menace/Poem to the Survival of Roaches"?
4. In what year did the mother of the author of "La Guera" marry the writer's father?
5. Who wrote "on not bein"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Cherrie Moraga, in the poem "The Welder," state that she was a welder and not an alchemist?
2. In the introduction, Moraga defined the different sections of the book. What are they?
3. Why did Hattie Gossett believe that it would be difficult to get her book out?
4. How did Gloria Anzaldua describe herself as "Shiva"?
5. Given that Judit Moschovich did not equate "American" with imperialistic and racist, what did she equate "American" with?
6. What drove Barbara Smith crazy regarding the arrogance of some white women? (Across the Kitchen Table")
7. What did Doris Davenport describe as Black "wimmin's "aversion to white "wimmin"?
8. Why did Barbara Smith claim that "virtually no Black person in this country ...is surprised about oppression"?
9. Mirtha Quintanales stated that all humans had/have needs that must be met. What, according to Quintanales, are the circumstances under which these needs are to be met?
10. Why did Nellie Wong state that she will not stop working and writing? ("In Search of the Self As Hero: Confetti of Voices on New Year's Night")
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)