|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author want to make changes in, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Personal culture.
(b) Her family.
(c) Man made disasters.
(d) Society as a whole.
2. Who wrote "Dreams of Violence"?
(a) Aaliyah Haughton.
(b) Martha Georga.
(c) Sarah James.
(d) Naomi Littlebear.
3. According to Cherrie Moraga, what does lesbianism equal in "this country"?
(c) Second-class citizenship.
4. According the Doris Davenport, why is the feminist movement racist?
(a) White women.
(c) Failure to accept all women.
5. In the poem "on not bein," what is the subject's chest compared to?
(b) Hershey's kisses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who confided in Cherrie Moraga that he felt she didn't trust him because he was a male?
2. What does Chrystos declare that she is afraid of in "I Don't Understand Those Who Have Turned Away From Me"?
3. Who wrote "on not bein"?
4. What did the subject in the poem, "on not bein," not ever want to be?
5. "Women who must sell _________________ for pennies a day" is a quote from "Wonder Woman."
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rosario Morales say that she is in "I am What I Am"?
2. In the poem "When I was Growing Up," what was life like for Nellie Wong?
3. According to Audre Lorde, what was the diversion task of black and third world women?
4. What did Aurora Levins Morales decide was the issue that she had with Piri Thomas' book "Down These Mean Streets"?
5. What is the meaning behind "Wonder Woman"?
6. Name three of the problems that Doris Davenport named as part of the problem within the feminist movement?
7. What is the common theme that all of the writings from the section titled "Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism" have in common?
8. What is Barbara Smith's "inherent definition of feminism"? (According to the introduction of "An d When You Leave, Take Your Pictures With You")
9. In the introduction, Moraga defined the different sections of the book. What are they?
10. What are three of the ironic questionings that Lim makes regarding women in her poem "Wonder Woman"?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)