|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the introduction to the first section of the book, what will readers find voices from?
2. Who wrote "It's In My Blood, My Face- My mother's Voice, The Way I Sweat"?
(a) Clare Boothe Luce.
(b) Anita Valerio.
(c) Shirley Chisholm.
(d) Evelyn Cunningham.
3. According to Doris Davenport, what is wrong with the word "racism"?
(a) Too general and simplistic.
(b) Too much incorrect history.
(c) Too accepted.
(d) Too specific.
4. According to Cherrie Moraga, what does lesbianism equal in "this country"?
(b) Second-class citizenship.
5. Who wrote "For the Color of My Mother"?
(a) Rita M. Gross.
(b) Cherrie Moraga.
(c) Erica Jong.
(d) Ekaterina Sedia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must one do to become visible, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
2. What does Chrystos declare that she is afraid of in "I Don't Understand Those Who Have Turned Away From Me"?
3. Why was the author of "La Guera" pulled out of school at the ages of five, seven, nine, and eleven?
4. In what year did the mother of the author of "La Guera" marry the writer's father?
5. Where did the narrator of "I Am What I Am" get her English accent from?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Mitsuye Yamada say that Asian Pacific American women could make themselves more visible?
2. Name three of the problems that Doris Davenport named as part of the problem within the feminist movement?
3. In the poem "When I was Growing Up," what was life like for Nellie Wong?
4. According to Emma Goldman from Cherrie Moraga's "La Guera," how must one gain a philosophy from any event?
5. Why did the woman in Lee's "on not bein" marry the first man who proposed?
6. What did Cherrie Moraga state as the driving force behind compiling the book "This Bridge Called My Back"?
7. When did Mitsuye Yamada say that Asian Pacific American women would speak out?
8. How do the poems "When I Was Growing Up" and "on not being" differ by point-of-view?
9. What did Aurora Levins Morales decide was the issue that she had with Piri Thomas' book "Down These Mean Streets"?
10. What did Doris Davenport describe as Black "wimmin's "aversion to white "wimmin"?
This section contains 919 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)