|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who provided the scholarship for Gloria to attend the workshop on goddesses and heroines?
(a) Donna Rushin.
(b) Toni Bambara.
(c) Merlin Stone.
(d) Cherrie Moraga.
2. What state did the narrator move back to in her mind in "Dreams of Violence"?
(b) South Carolina.
3. Who wrote "It's In My Blood, My Face- My mother's Voice, The Way I Sweat"?
(a) Clare Boothe Luce.
(b) Shirley Chisholm.
(c) Evelyn Cunningham.
(d) Anita Valerio.
4. "For it is only under a patriarchal structure that _____________ is the only social power open to women," according to Audra Lorde.
5. In what year did the mother of the author of "La Guera" marry the writer's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. "We challenge symptoms of the disease while neglecting the _________________," as related in "The Pathology of Racism" by Davenport.
2. "Light was _________," according to the narrator in "La Guera."
3. Who wrote "The Brown Menace/Poem to the Survival of Roaches"?
4. What does Gabrielle Daniels claim is the only thing for which Millicent would rise?
5. What was the name of the anthology that the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman" taught for a segment of Ethnic American Literature?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Doris Davenport describe as Black "wimmin's "aversion to white "wimmin"?
2. How do the poems "When I Was Growing Up" and "on not being" differ by point-of-view?
3. What did Aurora Levins Morales decide was the issue that she had with Piri Thomas' book "Down These Mean Streets"?
4. What is the common theme that all of the writings from the section titled "Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism" have in common?
5. What were Cherrie Moraga's and Gloria Anzaldua's hopes for the book?
6. What did Cherrie Moraga state that she learned when she attended a concert where Ntosake Shange was reading?
7. In the poem "When I was Growing Up," what was life like for Nellie Wong?
8. In the introduction, Moraga defined the different sections of the book. What are they?
9. What did Judit Maschkovich define as American and Latin culture?
10. According to Anita Valerio, how is the Okan described?
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)