|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is quoted at the beginning of "Children Passing in the Streets" as saying, "I learned to make my mind large, as the universe is large, so that there is room for paradoxes"?
(b) Maxine Hong Kingston.
(c) Mitsuye Yamada.
(d) Barbara Smith.
2. Where was the author of "La Guera"'s mother born?
(c) San Jose.
(d) Santa Paula.
3. According to the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman," what do "we" do when we put "acts of God" on an equal playing field with man?
(a) "Laugh in the face of humanity."
(b) "Spit on religious tradition."
(c) "Choose to ignore honesty."
(d) "Shrug off personal responsibility."
4. What "problem" is addressed in the first section of the book?
(a) Writing problem.
(b) Gender problem.
(c) Success problem.
(d) Color problem.
5. Why does Chrystos claim that white women are so rarely loyal?
(a) They do not have to be.
(b) They think they are above everyone else.
(c) They do not know how to be.
(d) No one has shown them loyalty in return.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
2. What did the author of "When I Was Growing Up" long to be?
3. "All our saints have a few taints of _________," according to "Millicent Fredericks."
4. What does the narrator croon in "I Am What I Am"?
5. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" wonder about the professor's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Naomi Littlebear when she ran home after being attacked as a little girl?
2. What questions did Anita Valerio discuss regarding the holy woman?
3. Given that Judit Moschovich did not equate "American" with imperialistic and racist, what did she equate "American" with?
4. What are three of the ironic questionings that Lim makes regarding women in her poem "Wonder Woman"?
5. Why did the woman in Lee's "on not bein" marry the first man who proposed?
6. What does Rosario Morales say that she is in "I am What I Am"?
7. What does the first section of the book speak about?
8. Why did Audre Lorde decide never to talk to white women about racism?
9. According to Emma Goldman from Cherrie Moraga's "La Guera," how must one gain a philosophy from any event?
10. What did Doris Davenport describe as Black "wimmin's "aversion to white "wimmin"?
This section contains 906 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)