|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Dreams of Violence," who is lying beside the narrator in bed?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her son.
2. What taught Cherrie Moraga that "we are not human beings"?
(a) Her oppression for being female.
(b) Her Chicana heritage.
(c) Her failure in school.
(d) Her lesbianism.
3. What was the narrator of "Dreams of Violence" awakened by in the writing?
(c) Gun fire.
(d) School children.
4. In the poem "on not bein," what is the subject's chest compared to?
(b) Hershey's kisses.
5. How does Doris Davenport write "women"?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "La Guera" written?
2. From where did the quote at the beginning of "on not bein" come from?
3. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" wonder about the professor's wife?
4. "We challenge symptoms of the disease while neglecting the _________________," as related in "The Pathology of Racism" by Davenport.
5. Who wrote "I Am What I Am"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Cherrie Moraga's and Gloria Anzaldua's hopes for the book?
2. In the introduction, Moraga defined the different sections of the book. What are they?
3. According to Emma Goldman from Cherrie Moraga's "La Guera," how must one gain a philosophy from any event?
4. What did Aurora Levins Morales' friend Ceci say must change for things to be different so the daughters of Latinos could be free?
5. What questions did Anita Valerio discuss regarding the holy woman?
6. What did Cherrie Moraga state as the driving force behind compiling the book "This Bridge Called My Back"?
7. Given that Judit Moschovich did not equate "American" with imperialistic and racist, what did she equate "American" with?
8. When did Mitsuye Yamada say that Asian Pacific American women would speak out?
9. According to Anita Valerio, how is the Okan described?
10. In the poem "When I was Growing Up," what was life like for Nellie Wong?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)