Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the subject in the poem, "on not bein," not ever want to be?
2. In what year did the mother of the author of "La Guera" marry the writer's father?
3. What does the narrator croon in "I Am What I Am"?
(a) Carlos Gardel tangoes.
(b) Rafael Ithier poetry.
(c) Jorge Arraiza songs.
(d) Skitzo rap.
4. "We challenge symptoms of the disease while neglecting the _________________," as related in "The Pathology of Racism" by Davenport.
5. What does the author want to make changes in, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Personal culture.
(b) Her family.
(c) Society as a whole.
(d) Man made disasters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "braceros" mean?
2. In "Wonder Woman," what does the narrator wonder about the women whom she stares at?
3. According to the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman," what do "we" do when we put "acts of God" on an equal playing field with man?
4. According to Judit Moschkovich, where is a great deal of information on Latin American available?
5. Who confided in Cherrie Moraga that he felt she didn't trust him because he was a male?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Audre Lorde, what was the diversion task of black and third world women?
2. What did Judit Maschkovich define as American and Latin culture?
3. Given that Judit Moschovich did not equate "American" with imperialistic and racist, what did she equate "American" with?
4. What is the common theme that all of the writings from the section titled "Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism" have in common?
5. What did Cherrie Moraga ask Aurora Levins Morales to write about, and what did Morales choose to write about?
6. What did Aurora Levins Morales decide was the issue that she had with Piri Thomas' book "Down These Mean Streets"?
7. How did Mitsuye Yamada say that Asian Pacific American women could make themselves more visible?
8. In the poem "When I was Growing Up," what was life like for Nellie Wong?
9. What is Barbara Smith's "inherent definition of feminism"? (According to the introduction of "An d When You Leave, Take Your Pictures With You")
10. When did Mitsuye Yamada say that Asian Pacific American women would speak out?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)