|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Audre Lorde, what must exist for liberation to exist?
(d) Sense of self.
2. From the poem "And When you Leave, Take Your Pictures with You," what do "white sisters" love to own?
(b) Modern slaves.
(c) Pictures of "us."
(d) The promise that they are better than others.
3. Rosario Morales claims that color and class do not define what two things?
(a) Success and failure.
(b) People and culture.
(c) Quality of education and money.
(d) People or politics.
4. Who provided the scholarship for Gloria to attend the workshop on goddesses and heroines?
(a) Toni Bambara.
(b) Merlin Stone.
(c) Donna Rushin.
(d) Cherrie Moraga.
5. What does the author who was quoted at the beginning of "La Guera" hope that women can make their own?
(d) Lives and experiences.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a reference to another author in "La Guera," where must one look to find the dream?
2. According to Doris Davenport, what is wrong with the word "racism"?
3. Who is quoted at the beginning of "La Guera"?
4. What does Gabrielle Daniels claim is the only thing for which Millicent would rise?
5. What book did Mary Daly send to Audre Lorde?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the first section of the book speak about?
2. Why did the Combahee River Collective state that they were socialists?
3. What is the common theme that all of the writings from the section titled "Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism" have in common?
4. Why does Gloria Anzaldua write?
5. Why did Hattie Gossett believe that it would be difficult to get her book out?
6. What happened to Gloria Anzaldua when she began to write the essay "La Prieta"?
7. How did Gloria Anzaldua describe herself as "Shiva"?
8. Mirtha Quintanales stated that all humans had/have needs that must be met. What, according to Quintanales, are the circumstances under which these needs are to be met?
9. In the poem "When I was Growing Up," what was life like for Nellie Wong?
10. What did the concrete objects in the poem "Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading" represent in reality?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)