|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chrystos, what is no longer considered a tool that can eliminate racism?
2. "All our saints have a few taints of _________," according to "Millicent Fredericks."
3. According to Cherrie Moraga, what does lesbianism equal in "this country"?
(d) Second-class citizenship.
4. What does the narrator say she is in "I Am What I Am"?
(a) A Mexican.
(b) A U.S. American.
(c) An African American.
(d) A Spaniard.
5. According to Doris Davenport, what is the cause of racism in white feminists?
(a) Hatred of those not white.
(b) Bizarre oppression.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the author of "When I Was Growing Up"' sisters get praised?
2. According the Doris Davenport, why is the feminist movement racist?
3. According to the footnotes for Jo Carrillo's poem "Beyond the Cliffs of Abiquiu," to what land is the poem dedicated?
4. Why does Rosario Morales carry a "pole 18 inches long"?
5. Who wrote "It's In My Blood, My Face- My mother's Voice, The Way I Sweat"?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Anita Valerio, how is the Okan described?
2. What did Cherrie Moraga ask Aurora Levins Morales to write about, and what did Morales choose to write about?
3. What did Aurora Levins Morales decide was the issue that she had with Piri Thomas' book "Down These Mean Streets"?
4. Name three of the problems that Doris Davenport named as part of the problem within the feminist movement?
5. What did Judit Maschkovich define as American and Latin culture?
6. What did Cherrie Moraga state that she learned when she attended a concert where Ntosake Shange was reading?
7. What did Doris Davenport describe as Black "wimmin's "aversion to white "wimmin"?
8. Why did Doris Davenport state that racist white feminists were powerless, spineless, and invisible?
9. Who lives in the marrow of the narrator in "I Walk in the History of My People"?
10. What is the meaning behind "Wonder Woman"?
This section contains 900 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)