|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month in 1979, did Gloria attend a women's retreat in California?
2. Where did the narrator of "I Am What I Am" get her English accent from?
(a) National Geographic Channel.
(b) The BBC.
(c) Sesame Street.
(d) Gospel Songs.
3. Who staffs the Buen Muir Indian Trading Post?
4. Who did the subject from "on not bein" marry?
(a) A man who made her parents mad.
(b) The first man to ask her.
(c) Her parent's choice of husband.
(d) The man who took her virginity.
5. Who is quoted at the beginning of "Children Passing in the Streets" as saying, "I learned to make my mind large, as the universe is large, so that there is room for paradoxes"?
(a) Barbara Smith.
(c) Mitsuye Yamada.
(d) Maxine Hong Kingston.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gabrielle Daniels claim is the only thing for which Millicent would rise?
2. Who is quoted at the beginning of the poem "on not bein"?
3. According to "The Master's Tools Will Never Dismantle The Master's House," what must "divide and conquer" become in the world?
4. Who wrote "I Am What I Am"?
5. According to Cherrie Moraga, what does lesbianism equal in "this country"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Cherrie Moraga state that she learned when she attended a concert where Ntosake Shange was reading?
2. According to Anita Valerio, how is the Okan described?
3. What did Cherrie Moraga ask Aurora Levins Morales to write about, and what did Morales choose to write about?
4. According to Audre Lorde, what was the diversion task of black and third world women?
5. Given that Judit Moschovich did not equate "American" with imperialistic and racist, what did she equate "American" with?
6. In the poem "When I was Growing Up," what was life like for Nellie Wong?
7. In the introduction, Moraga defined the different sections of the book. What are they?
8. What is the meaning behind "Wonder Woman"?
9. Who lives in the marrow of the narrator in "I Walk in the History of My People"?
10. Name three of the problems that Doris Davenport named as part of the problem within the feminist movement?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)