|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What taught Cherrie Moraga that "we are not human beings"?
(a) Her oppression for being female.
(b) Her lesbianism.
(c) Her failure in school.
(d) Her Chicana heritage.
2. Who wrote "La Guera"?
(a) Anna Maria Lenngren.
(b) Mary Collier.
(c) Cherrie Moragaa.
(d) Marina Tsvetaeva.
3. What author did the narrator from "I Am What I Am" read "thru three or four times"?
(a) Arthur Miller.
(c) James Fenimore Cooper.
(d) Edgar Allen Poe.
4. When was "La Guera" written?
(a) September, 1979.
(b) October, 1963.
(c) July, 1956.
(d) January, 1990.
5. According to the introduction of "And When you Leave, Take Your Pictures with You: Racism in the Women's Movement," women of color are veterans of____________.
(a) Class and color war.
(b) Supremacist ideals.
(c) Diminished self-worth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the subject in the poem, "on not bein," not ever want to be?
2. According to the introduction to the first section of the book, what will readers find voices from?
3. According to Audre Lorde, what must exist for liberation to exist?
4. Who wrote "on not bein"?
5. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" see on sidewalks?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Anita Valerio, how is the Okan described?
2. What did Cherrie Moraga state as the driving force behind compiling the book "This Bridge Called My Back"?
3. Why did Doris Davenport state that racist white feminists were powerless, spineless, and invisible?
4. What are three of the ironic questionings that Lim makes regarding women in her poem "Wonder Woman"?
5. What is the common theme that all of the writings from the section titled "Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism" have in common?
6. What did Aurora Levins Morales' friend Ceci say must change for things to be different so the daughters of Latinos could be free?
7. Why did Audre Lorde decide never to talk to white women about racism?
8. According to Emma Goldman from Cherrie Moraga's "La Guera," how must one gain a philosophy from any event?
9. Given that Judit Moschovich did not equate "American" with imperialistic and racist, what did she equate "American" with?
10. According to Audre Lorde, what was the diversion task of black and third world women?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)