|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "When I Was Growing Up"?
(a) Nellie Wong.
(b) Qui Jin.
(c) Phillis Wheatley.
(d) Rita Dove.
2. Of what race is Gloria?
(b) African American.
3. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" see on sidewalks?
(b) Torn photos.
(d) Bits of glass.
4. Where was the author of "La Guera"'s mother born?
(a) Santa Paula.
(d) San Jose.
5. Who wrote "For the Color of My Mother"?
(a) Rita M. Gross.
(b) Ekaterina Sedia.
(c) Cherrie Moraga.
(d) Erica Jong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Wonder Woman"?
2. What book did Mary Daly send to Audre Lorde?
3. According to "The Master's Tools Will Never Dismantle The Master's House," what must "divide and conquer" become in the world?
4. Why did the author of "When I Was Growing Up"' sisters get praised?
5. What does Chrystos declare that she is afraid of in "I Don't Understand Those Who Have Turned Away From Me"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are three of the ironic questionings that Lim makes regarding women in her poem "Wonder Woman"?
2. Name three of the problems that Doris Davenport named as part of the problem within the feminist movement?
3. In the introduction, Moraga defined the different sections of the book. What are they?
4. In the poem "When I was Growing Up," what was life like for Nellie Wong?
5. What is the common theme that all of the writings from the section titled "Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism" have in common?
6. What questions did Anita Valerio discuss regarding the holy woman?
7. What does the first section of the book speak about?
8. Given that Judit Moschovich did not equate "American" with imperialistic and racist, what did she equate "American" with?
9. What is Barbara Smith's "inherent definition of feminism"? (According to the introduction of "An d When You Leave, Take Your Pictures With You")
10. According to Anita Valerio, how is the Okan described?
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)