|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the author of "La Guera's" mother work while lying about her age?
(a) A racetrack.
(b) A factory.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A sandwich shop.
2. According to Cherrie Moraga, what does lesbianism equal in "this country"?
(d) Second-class citizenship.
3. Where does the narrator of "Wonder Woman" reflect about other women doing the same things as she does?
4. What does Gabrielle Daniels claim is the only thing for which Millicent would rise?
(b) The sake of art.
5. According to Doris Davenport, what is wrong with the word "racism"?
(a) Too much incorrect history.
(b) Too accepted.
(c) Too general and simplistic.
(d) Too specific.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "I Am What I Am"?
2. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with Latin culture?
3. Who staffs the Buen Muir Indian Trading Post?
4. What does "braceros" mean?
5. What taught Cherrie Moraga that "we are not human beings"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Aurora Levins Morales decide was the issue that she had with Piri Thomas' book "Down These Mean Streets"?
2. What is the meaning behind "Wonder Woman"?
3. In the poem "When I was Growing Up," what was life like for Nellie Wong?
4. What were Cherrie Moraga's and Gloria Anzaldua's hopes for the book?
5. What does the first section of the book speak about?
6. In the introduction, Moraga defined the different sections of the book. What are they?
7. What is the common theme that all of the writings from the section titled "Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism" have in common?
8. When did Mitsuye Yamada say that Asian Pacific American women would speak out?
9. Name three of the problems that Doris Davenport named as part of the problem within the feminist movement?
10. What did Cherrie Moraga state that she learned when she attended a concert where Ntosake Shange was reading?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)