|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the poem "on not bein," what is the subject's chest compared to?
(c) Hershey's kisses.
2. According to "The Master's Tools Will Never Dismantle The Master's House," what must "divide and conquer" become in the world?
(a) Educate and categorize.
(b) Define and empower.
(c) Stand and fight.
(d) Love and accept.
3. Where does the narrator of "Wonder Woman" reflect about other women doing the same things as she does?
4. Who did the subject from "on not bein" marry?
(a) The man who took her virginity.
(b) A man who made her parents mad.
(c) Her parent's choice of husband.
(d) The first man to ask her.
5. According to the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman," what do "we" do when we put "acts of God" on an equal playing field with man?
(a) "Shrug off personal responsibility."
(b) "Laugh in the face of humanity."
(c) "Spit on religious tradition."
(d) "Choose to ignore honesty."
Short Answer Questions
1. In what month in 1979, did Gloria attend a women's retreat in California?
2. What author did the narrator from "I Am What I Am" read "thru three or four times"?
3. Who wrote "La Guera"?
4. Where was the author of "La Guera"'s mother born?
5. According to the introduction to the first section of the book, what will readers find voices from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who lives in the marrow of the narrator in "I Walk in the History of My People"?
2. When did Mitsuye Yamada say that Asian Pacific American women would speak out?
3. What is the common theme that all of the writings from the section titled "Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism" have in common?
4. What is Barbara Smith's "inherent definition of feminism"? (According to the introduction of "An d When You Leave, Take Your Pictures With You")
5. According to Emma Goldman from Cherrie Moraga's "La Guera," how must one gain a philosophy from any event?
6. What did Aurora Levins Morales decide was the issue that she had with Piri Thomas' book "Down These Mean Streets"?
7. According to Audre Lorde, what was the diversion task of black and third world women?
8. How did Mitsuye Yamada say that Asian Pacific American women could make themselves more visible?
9. In the introduction, Moraga defined the different sections of the book. What are they?
10. What did Cherrie Moraga state that she learned when she attended a concert where Ntosake Shange was reading?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)