|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with American culture?
(a) Native American.
2. What did the subject in the poem, "on not bein," not ever want to be?
3. What state did the narrator move back to in her mind in "Dreams of Violence"?
(a) South Carolina.
4. What is Latin American culture dominated by as related in "But I know You, American Woman"?
(a) Spanish culture.
(b) Native American culture.
(c) American mass culture.
(d) European culture.
5. In what year did the mother of the author of "La Guera" marry the writer's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say she is in "I Am What I Am"?
2. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" see on sidewalks?
3. In "Wonder Woman," what does the narrator wonder about the women whom she stares at?
4. According to the introduction to the first section of the book, what will readers find voices from?
5. Who wrote "It's In My Blood, My Face- My mother's Voice, The Way I Sweat"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Judit Maschkovich define as American and Latin culture?
2. What happened to Naomi Littlebear when she ran home after being attacked as a little girl?
3. What did Cherrie Moraga ask Aurora Levins Morales to write about, and what did Morales choose to write about?
4. Why did Doris Davenport state that racist white feminists were powerless, spineless, and invisible?
5. What are three of the ironic questionings that Lim makes regarding women in her poem "Wonder Woman"?
6. According to Emma Goldman from Cherrie Moraga's "La Guera," how must one gain a philosophy from any event?
7. What did Cherrie Moraga state as the driving force behind compiling the book "This Bridge Called My Back"?
8. What does the first section of the book speak about?
9. What is Barbara Smith's "inherent definition of feminism"? (According to the introduction of "An d When You Leave, Take Your Pictures With You")
10. What did Doris Davenport describe as Black "wimmin's "aversion to white "wimmin"?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)