Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the introduction, for whom do Third World women put themselves on the line for?
(a) Their homelands.
(b) Their parents.
(c) Their selves.
(d) Their darker sisters.
2. What does the author who was quoted at the beginning of "La Guera" hope that women can make their own?
(d) Lives and experiences.
3. Who wrote "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Wendy Law-Yone.
(b) Theresa Hak Kyung Cha.
(c) Mitsuye Yamada.
(d) Gish Jen.
4. According to an essay by Rosario Morales in April 1980, by what does "this society" divides us?
5. What did the subject in the poem, "on not bein," not ever want to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author want to make changes in, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
2. When was "La Guera" written?
3. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with Latin culture?
4. Where was the author of "La Guera"'s mother born?
5. According to Judit Moschkovich, what happens when a person denies who they are, where they come from, and how they feel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Hattie Gossett believe that it would be difficult to get her book out?
2. What did Cherrie Moraga state as the driving force behind compiling the book "This Bridge Called My Back"?
3. Who lives in the marrow of the narrator in "I Walk in the History of My People"?
4. Given that Judit Moschovich did not equate "American" with imperialistic and racist, what did she equate "American" with?
5. How did Gloria Anzaldua describe herself as "Shiva"?
6. What did the concrete objects in the poem "Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading" represent in reality?
7. What did Barbara Smith claim about many lesbians being separatists?
8. What did Doris Davenport describe as Black "wimmin's "aversion to white "wimmin"?
9. Why did Cherrie Moraga, in the poem "The Welder," state that she was a welder and not an alchemist?
10. What did Judit Maschkovich define as American and Latin culture?
This section contains 965 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)