|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Wonder Woman"?
(a) Kat Long.
(b) Genny Lim.
(c) Kim Chernin.
(d) Hattie Gossett.
2. From where did the quote at the beginning of "on not bein" come from?
(a) "Poetic Voices."
(b) "Nappy Edges."
(c) "Martinique's Song."
(d) "Dark Voices."
3. Why did the author of "When I Was Growing Up"' sisters get praised?
(a) For their success in school.
(b) For their fair skin.
(c) For their rigidity following mainstream thought.
(d) For their success in following the rules of white society.
4. Who wrote "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Wendy Law-Yone.
(b) Mitsuye Yamada.
(c) Theresa Hak Kyung Cha.
(d) Gish Jen.
5. Where was the author of "La Guera"'s mother born?
(c) Santa Paula.
(d) San Jose.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Wonder Woman," what does the narrator wonder about the women whom she stares at?
2. Who is quoted at the beginning of "Children Passing in the Streets" as saying, "I learned to make my mind large, as the universe is large, so that there is room for paradoxes"?
3. According to Audre Lorde, what must exist for liberation to exist?
4. How old was the narrator's mother when she was the main support of her family? ("La Guera")
5. What must one do to become visible, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Cherrie Moraga state as the driving force behind compiling the book "This Bridge Called My Back"?
2. How did Mitsuye Yamada say that Asian Pacific American women could make themselves more visible?
3. What are three of the ironic questionings that Lim makes regarding women in her poem "Wonder Woman"?
4. What did Doris Davenport describe as Black "wimmin's "aversion to white "wimmin"?
5. What did Cherrie Moraga ask Aurora Levins Morales to write about, and what did Morales choose to write about?
6. How do the poems "When I Was Growing Up" and "on not being" differ by point-of-view?
7. Given that Judit Moschovich did not equate "American" with imperialistic and racist, what did she equate "American" with?
8. According to Emma Goldman from Cherrie Moraga's "La Guera," how must one gain a philosophy from any event?
9. Who lives in the marrow of the narrator in "I Walk in the History of My People"?
10. Why did Audre Lorde decide never to talk to white women about racism?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)