|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the narrator of "Dreams of Violence" awakened by in the writing?
(b) School children.
(d) Gun fire.
2. Who wrote "I Am What I Am"?
(a) Rosario Morales.
(b) Patricia Smith.
(c) Toni Morrison.
(d) Lynne Hanley.
3. What state did the narrator move back to in her mind in "Dreams of Violence"?
(d) South Carolina.
4. What does the narrator croon in "I Am What I Am"?
(a) Carlos Gardel tangoes.
(b) Skitzo rap.
(c) Jorge Arraiza songs.
(d) Rafael Ithier poetry.
5. "For it is only under a patriarchal structure that _____________ is the only social power open to women," according to Audra Lorde.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
2. Why was the author of "La Guera" pulled out of school at the ages of five, seven, nine, and eleven?
3. According to Chrystos, what is no longer considered a tool that can eliminate racism?
4. What nationality does the narrator of "I Am What I Am" find funny in the way that they speak?
5. According to an essay by Rosario Morales in April 1980, by what does "this society" divides us?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are three of the ironic questionings that Lim makes regarding women in her poem "Wonder Woman"?
2. What did Aurora Levins Morales decide was the issue that she had with Piri Thomas' book "Down These Mean Streets"?
3. What did Cherrie Moraga state that she learned when she attended a concert where Ntosake Shange was reading?
4. What did Aurora Levins Morales' friend Ceci say must change for things to be different so the daughters of Latinos could be free?
5. What is the meaning behind "Wonder Woman"?
6. In the introduction, Moraga defined the different sections of the book. What are they?
7. What did Doris Davenport describe as Black "wimmin's "aversion to white "wimmin"?
8. What does the first section of the book speak about?
9. When did Mitsuye Yamada say that Asian Pacific American women would speak out?
10. Name three of the problems that Doris Davenport named as part of the problem within the feminist movement?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)