|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According the Doris Davenport, why is the feminist movement racist?
(b) Failure to accept all women.
(d) White women.
2. What does "la guera" mean?
3. What does the author who was quoted at the beginning of "La Guera" hope that women can make their own?
(a) Lives and experiences.
4. According to "The Master's Tools Will Never Dismantle The Master's House," what must "divide and conquer" become in the world?
(a) Educate and categorize.
(b) Stand and fight.
(c) Define and empower.
(d) Love and accept.
5. What taught Cherrie Moraga that "we are not human beings"?
(a) Her Chicana heritage.
(b) Her lesbianism.
(c) Her failure in school.
(d) Her oppression for being female.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "I Am What I Am"?
2. What does Gabrielle Daniels claim is the only thing for which Millicent would rise?
3. Where was the author of "La Guera"'s mother born?
4. What happened to the narrator in the poem "For the Color of My Mother" when she was two?
5. Who wrote "For the Color of My Mother"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions did Anita Valerio discuss regarding the holy woman?
2. According to Anita Valerio, how is the Okan described?
3. What is Barbara Smith's "inherent definition of feminism"? (According to the introduction of "An d When You Leave, Take Your Pictures With You")
4. What did Doris Davenport describe as Black "wimmin's "aversion to white "wimmin"?
5. Why did Doris Davenport state that racist white feminists were powerless, spineless, and invisible?
6. In the introduction, Moraga defined the different sections of the book. What are they?
7. What does the first section of the book speak about?
8. What were Cherrie Moraga's and Gloria Anzaldua's hopes for the book?
9. Name three of the problems that Doris Davenport named as part of the problem within the feminist movement?
10. What did Aurora Levins Morales' friend Ceci say must change for things to be different so the daughters of Latinos could be free?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)