|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "braceros" mean?
2. What did the subject in the poem, "on not bein," not ever want to be?
3. According to Cherrie Moraga, what does lesbianism equal in "this country"?
(a) Second-class citizenship.
4. How old was the narrator's mother when she was the main support of her family? ("La Guera")
5. According to Doris Davenport, what is the cause of racism in white feminists?
(a) Bizarre oppression.
(d) Hatred of those not white.
Short Answer Questions
1. From where did the quote at the beginning of "on not bein" come from?
2. Why was the author of "La Guera" pulled out of school at the ages of five, seven, nine, and eleven?
3. According to the introduction of "And When you Leave, Take Your Pictures with You: Racism in the Women's Movement," women of color are veterans of____________.
4. In "Wonder Woman," what does the narrator wonder about the women whom she stares at?
5. Who wrote "on not bein"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Given that Judit Moschovich did not equate "American" with imperialistic and racist, what did she equate "American" with?
2. What did Aurora Levins Morales decide was the issue that she had with Piri Thomas' book "Down These Mean Streets"?
3. What did Cherrie Moraga state as the driving force behind compiling the book "This Bridge Called My Back"?
4. Why did Audre Lorde decide never to talk to white women about racism?
5. What is the meaning behind "Wonder Woman"?
6. What questions did Anita Valerio discuss regarding the holy woman?
7. What are three of the ironic questionings that Lim makes regarding women in her poem "Wonder Woman"?
8. What is the common theme that all of the writings from the section titled "Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism" have in common?
9. Why did Doris Davenport state that racist white feminists were powerless, spineless, and invisible?
10. What were Cherrie Moraga's and Gloria Anzaldua's hopes for the book?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)