|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is quoted at the beginning of the poem "on not bein"?
(a) Sandy Boucher.
(b) Marleen Barr.
(c) Ntozake Shange.
(d) Marilyn French.
2. According to the footnotes for Jo Carrillo's poem "Beyond the Cliffs of Abiquiu," to what land is the poem dedicated?
(a) All Americans.
(b) Native Inhabitants.
(d) A National Sacrifice area for energy.
3. Who wrote "I Am What I Am"?
(a) Toni Morrison.
(b) Lynne Hanley.
(c) Rosario Morales.
(d) Patricia Smith.
4. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with Latin culture?
(a) Island cultures.
(b) Latin American cultures.
(c) European Latin cultures.
(d) Spanish cultures.
5. In "Wonder Woman," what does the narrator wonder about the women whom she stares at?
(a) If they are afraid of who they are.
(b) If they share her dreams.
(c) If they notice her the way she notices them.
(d) If they wish to be someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the narrator of "I Am What I Am" get her English accent from?
2. Why does Rosario Morales carry a "pole 18 inches long"?
3. What did the subject in the poem, "on not bein," not ever want to be?
4. According to Rosario Morales, who is capable of being racist?
5. What author did the narrator from "I Am What I Am" read "thru three or four times"?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Emma Goldman from Cherrie Moraga's "La Guera," how must one gain a philosophy from any event?
2. In the introduction, Moraga defined the different sections of the book. What are they?
3. Who lives in the marrow of the narrator in "I Walk in the History of My People"?
4. What questions did Anita Valerio discuss regarding the holy woman?
5. According to Audre Lorde, what was the diversion task of black and third world women?
6. How do the poems "When I Was Growing Up" and "on not being" differ by point-of-view?
7. According to Anita Valerio, how is the Okan described?
8. What did Judit Maschkovich define as American and Latin culture?
9. Name three of the problems that Doris Davenport named as part of the problem within the feminist movement?
10. What did Cherrie Moraga state as the driving force behind compiling the book "This Bridge Called My Back"?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)