|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Latin American culture dominated by as related in "But I know You, American Woman"?
(a) Native American culture.
(b) European culture.
(c) Spanish culture.
(d) American mass culture.
2. Where did the narrator of "I Am What I Am" get her English accent from?
(a) The BBC.
(b) Gospel Songs.
(c) Sesame Street.
(d) National Geographic Channel.
3. Who wrote "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Wendy Law-Yone.
(b) Gish Jen.
(c) Theresa Hak Kyung Cha.
(d) Mitsuye Yamada.
4. Who wrote "on not bein"?
(a) Imamu Amiri Baraka.
(b) Maya Angelou.
(d) Mary Hope Lee.
5. According to Audre Lorde, what must exist for liberation to exist?
(c) Sense of self.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Dreams of Violence," who is lying beside the narrator in bed?
2. What did the author of "When I Was Growing Up" long to be?
3. What does the narrator say she is in "I Am What I Am"?
4. What book did Mary Daly send to Audre Lorde?
5. What does Gabrielle Daniels claim is the only thing for which Millicent would rise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions did Anita Valerio discuss regarding the holy woman?
2. What did Aurora Levins Morales decide was the issue that she had with Piri Thomas' book "Down These Mean Streets"?
3. What does Rosario Morales say that she is in "I am What I Am"?
4. How did Mitsuye Yamada say that Asian Pacific American women could make themselves more visible?
5. Why did the woman in Lee's "on not bein" marry the first man who proposed?
6. In the poem "When I was Growing Up," what was life like for Nellie Wong?
7. What did Cherrie Moraga state as the driving force behind compiling the book "This Bridge Called My Back"?
8. What did Cherrie Moraga ask Aurora Levins Morales to write about, and what did Morales choose to write about?
9. What were Cherrie Moraga's and Gloria Anzaldua's hopes for the book?
10. According to Audre Lorde, what was the diversion task of black and third world women?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)