|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Gloria Anzaldua's first love?
(a) A Collie.
(b) A German Shepherd.
(c) A Corgi.
(d) A Poodle.
2. "The lesbian of color is not only invisible, she does not even __________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
(d) Prove her worthiness.
3. "Even though we go hungry we are not impoverished of ________________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
4. "There is no __________________ in poverty." (Gloria Anzaldua)
5. What does Gloria Anzaldua say that women have to lose?
(b) Nothing, they never had any privileges.
(c) Only their sanity.
(d) Only their souls.
6. What does Gloria Anzaldua say women of color cannot allow?
(a) Being tokenized.
(b) Being hurt.
(c) Being made fun of.
(d) Being dehumanized.
7. According to Barbara Smith, what book did African American students have a hard time believing was about "white people"?
(a) "The Sound and the Fury."
(b) "Diasy Miller."
(c) "Invisible Man."
(d) "The Grapes of Wrath."
8. According to Cheryl Clarke, of whom are black women envious?
(a) Women whom have made a name for themselves in the white man's world.
(b) Wealthy women.
(c) Pampered "powder puffs."
(d) Women with morals.
9. Gloria Anzaldua claims that women of color need to stop being compared to __________.
(b) Dying trees.
10. The introduction of "El Mundo Zurdo: The Vision" claims autonomy is NOT __________.
11. What drives Barbara Smith crazy, according to the "Sister-to-Sister Dialogue"?
(a) Women being taken for granted.
(b) Black women taking steretypical jobs.
(c) White women choosing not to finish school.
(d) Life not being fair.
12. What was one of the major issues that the Combahee River Collective began to address publicly?
(a) Racism in the white woman's movement.
(b) The power of the white man in America.
(c) The lack of power for women in America.
(d) Racism in the women's movement.
13. Why does Nellie Wong bring up Sylvia Plath and Anne Sexton?
(a) They killed themselves.
(b) They are black.
(c) They spoke about the women's movement.
(d) They endorsed her writings.
14. According to Nellie Wong, if one sings about woe too often the person is accused of ___________.
(a) Being "too limited."
(b) Being "too narrow-minded."
(c) Being "too weak."
(d) Being "too personal."
15. What did Gloria Anzaldua's mother want in return for her birthing Gloria?
(a) Her unconditional love.
(b) Her to suceed.
(c) Her to forgive her for raising her badly.
(d) Submission without rebellion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a "gorra"?
2. In "La Prieta," what are "old selves" compared to?
3. What story is the monkey from that Gloria Anzaldua referenced in "La Prieta"?
4. What book did Naomi Littlebear send to Cherrie Moraga?
5. Gloria Anzaldua claims ___________split her.
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)