|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened on August 6, 1941, just four days before the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
(a) Billie Holiday's "Lady Day" was made.
(b) Billie Holiday's "Distinctive Song Stylings" came out.
(c) Billie Holiday's "Story Volume 2" was made.
(d) Billie Holiday's "Ella, Lena And Billie" came out.
2. What does being a "Yellow Feminist" mean? (Merle Woo)
(a) Loving all people.
(b) Being a community activist and humanist.
(c) Being a "tree hugger."
(d) Supporting peace worldwide.
3. According to Gloria Anzaldua, who said, "Complacency is a far more dangerous attitude than outrage."
(a) Naomi Littlebear.
(c) Barbara Smith.
(d) Cherrie Moraga.
4. What is a "gorra"?
(a) A dress.
(b) A loved one.
(c) A sunbonnet.
(d) A grandchild.
5. In Cheryl Clarke's mind, what does "take care of us" equal?
(a) Free us.
(b) Limit us.
(c) Love us.
(d) Control us.
6. According to the introduction of "El Mundo Zurdo: The Vision", what can women use as a source of power-if they use it?
(b) The promise of the future.
(c) Inner strength.
(d) The pain of the past.
7. What does Gloria Anzaldua say that women have to lose?
(a) Only their souls.
(b) Only their sanity.
(d) Nothing, they never had any privileges.
8. Gloria Anzaldua claims ___________split her.
(a) People's labels.
(b) Her lover's questions.
(c) Other cultures.
(d) Her mother's beliefs.
9. What is no black person in this country surprised about? (Smith/Smith dialogue)
10. "Your skin must be sensitive for the lightest _____________ and thick enough to ward off the ___________________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
(a) Kiss and sneers.
(b) Compliment and disgrace.
(c) Touch and demons.
(d) Breath and strikes.
11. What does Hattie Gossett claim nobody cares about in the '80s?
(a) Giving back to society.
(c) Living morally.
(d) Black folks.
12. What relationships are important to Gloria Anzaldua?
(a) The ones with others.
(b) The ones with others and self.
(c) The ones with humanity.
(d) The ones within our culture.
13. How long did it take for Gloria Anzaldua to believe that white is not better than brown?
(a) Her lifetime.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Fifty years.
14. According to the Combahee River Collective, what did they claim as being recognized as being enough?
15. "Even though we go hungry we are not impoverished of ________________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cherrie Moraga claim is possible in the poem "The Welder"?
2. According to Cheryl Clarke, how many different kinds of lesbians are there?
3. Who was Gloria Anzaldua's first love?
4. On what night is Nellie Wong writing a letter to herself?
5. What is the brown thigh bone carved with in "Give Me Back"?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)