|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is no black person in this country surprised about? (Smith/Smith dialogue)
2. What does Gloria Anzaldua say that women have to lose?
(a) Only their sanity.
(b) Only their souls.
(c) Nothing, they never had any privileges.
3. What is the NBFO?
(a) The New Belief in Freedom Organization.
(b) The Negro-Based Feminist Organization.
(c) The National Bisexual Founders Organization.
(d) The National Black Feminist Organization.
4. On what night is Nellie Wong writing a letter to herself?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) New Year's night.
(d) Mother's Day.
5. How many months did it take for Hattie Gossett to edit her book "my soul looks back in wonder/wild wimmin don't get no blues" written?
(a) Seven months.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) One month.
(d) Three months.
6. The introduction of "El Mundo Zurdo: The Vision" claims autonomy is NOT __________.
7. What does being a "Yellow Feminist" mean? (Merle Woo)
(a) Being a community activist and humanist.
(b) Being a "tree hugger."
(c) Supporting peace worldwide.
(d) Loving all people.
8. Why does Beverly Smith get "so frustrated"?
(a) The movement is not moving fast enough.
(b) She feels people don't understand where she came from.
(c) Life should not be lived in fear.
(d) Hate should not exist.
9. In Cheryl Clarke's mind, what does "take care of us" equal?
(a) Free us.
(b) Limit us.
(c) Control us.
(d) Love us.
10. According to Barbara Smith, what does one woman state as the reason for not watching television?
(a) She is afraid of the news.
(b) She is an intellectual.
(c) Television gives such a twisted interpretation of life.
(d) She wants to live in reality, and television is fiction.
11. What happened on August 6, 1941, just four days before the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
(a) Billie Holiday's "Story Volume 2" was made.
(b) Billie Holiday's "Ella, Lena And Billie" came out.
(c) Billie Holiday's "Lady Day" was made.
(d) Billie Holiday's "Distinctive Song Stylings" came out.
12. Why can't Gloria Anzaldua sleep at night?
(a) Her father died.
(b) The mugger said he would come and get her.
(c) She has lost her lover.
(d) Her mother has disowned her.
13. What humorous answer does Barbara Smith give to the following question that her sister poses to her: "Is there any oppression that women experience that is that total, in other words literally affects their physical well-being on a day to day basis?
14. According to the introduction of "Speaking in Tongues: The Third World Woman Writer," a woman who writes has __________.
15. Why does Nellie Wong claim that "you" (a writer/her) will not stop working and writing?
(a) You will not extinguish the fire in yourself.
(b) It means too much to those that read it.
(c) It is too important.
(d) You care, refuse to give up, and won't submit.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "La Prieta," what are "old selves" compared to?
2. "There is no __________________ in poverty." (Gloria Anzaldua)
3. What does Chrystos use to "mark out the space I am"?
4. According to the Combahee River Collective, whose job is it to eliminate racism in the white women's movement?
5. According to Cheryl Clarke, of whom are black women envious?
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)