|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "There is no __________________ in poverty." (Gloria Anzaldua)
2. Who wrote the poem "I speak in an illusion"?
(b) Erin Wolf.
(c) Sylvia Plath.
(d) Judy Lucero.
3. What did Gloria Anzaldua claim changed her forever?
4. Barbara Smith says there is no such thing as ___________________.
(a) A cure for racism.
(b) Simplicity in life.
(c) An easy way to do things.
5. What is no black person in this country surprised about? (Smith/Smith dialogue)
6. Merle Woo claims that being a Chinese man in America makes the man a victim of _______________.
(a) All races outside of Chinese.
(b) Sexism and racism.
(c) Chinese women.
(d) Mind and body.
7. What does Gloria Anzaldua say women of color cannot allow?
(a) Being hurt.
(b) Being tokenized.
(c) Being made fun of.
(d) Being dehumanized.
8. What essay of Cherrie Moraga's does Naomi Littlebear refer to by referencing a six-pack of beer?
(a) "Heroes and Spirits."
(b) "The Last Generation."
(c) "The Hungry Woman."
(d) "La Guera."
9. What do women of color dare to show the world? ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
(a) Their pride in their culture.
(b) Their power.
(c) Their honesty.
(d) Human flesh and the red of their blood.
10. According to the introduction of "El Mundo Zurdo: The Vision", what can women use as a source of power-if they use it?
(a) Inner strength.
(b) The pain of the past.
(d) The promise of the future.
11. When was the first piece of Hattie Gossett's book "my soul looks back in wonder/wild wimmin don't get no blues" written?
12. When Gloria Anzaldua was born, what did Mamagranda Locha look for on her?
(a) Mulatto blood.
(b) A sign of greatness.
(c) Signs of whiteness.
(d) A birthmark in the shape of a star.
13. "Your skin must be sensitive for the lightest _____________ and thick enough to ward off the ___________________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
(a) Touch and demons.
(b) Compliment and disgrace.
(c) Breath and strikes.
(d) Kiss and sneers.
14. What happened on August 6, 1941, just four days before the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
(a) Billie Holiday's "Story Volume 2" was made.
(b) Billie Holiday's "Lady Day" was made.
(c) Billie Holiday's "Distinctive Song Stylings" came out.
(d) Billie Holiday's "Ella, Lena And Billie" came out.
15. "Feminism for you means working for the equality and humanity of women and men, for children, for the _________________ that is possible." (Nellie Wong)
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beverly Smith get "so frustrated"?
2. Gloria Anzaldua claims ___________split her.
3. According to Cheryl Clarke, how many different kinds of lesbians are there?
4. What did Hattie Gossett claim "is really a drag"?
5. What is the rape of Black women by white men considered by the Combahee River Collective?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)