|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the introduction of "Speaking in Tongues: The Third World Woman Writer," a woman who writes has __________.
2. Who wrote the poem "I speak in an illusion"?
(a) Sylvia Plath.
(b) Erin Wolf.
(c) Judy Lucero.
3. Merle Woo claims that being a Chinese man in America makes the man a victim of _______________.
(a) Chinese women.
(b) Sexism and racism.
(c) Mind and body.
(d) All races outside of Chinese.
4. What is the brown thigh bone carved with in "Give Me Back"?
(a) A rock from the ocean.
(b) The bare fingers of a woman.
(c) An eagle's beak.
(d) The teeth of a babe.
5. Who does Cheryl Clarke believe to be the real enemy to lesbians?
(a) Heterosexual women.
(b) "The Man."
(c) Balck men.
(d) Each other.
6. What happened on August 6, 1941, just four days before the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
(a) Billie Holiday's "Lady Day" was made.
(b) Billie Holiday's "Distinctive Song Stylings" came out.
(c) Billie Holiday's "Ella, Lena And Billie" came out.
(d) Billie Holiday's "Story Volume 2" was made.
7. What does Hattie Gossett claim nobody cares about in the '80s?
(a) Living morally.
(c) Giving back to society.
(d) Black folks.
8. Gloria Anzaldua claims ___________split her.
(a) Her lover's questions.
(b) Other cultures.
(c) Her mother's beliefs.
(d) People's labels.
9. Who was Malintzin?
(a) An Aztec nobel woman.
(b) An Indian princess.
(c) A mythological fairy.
(d) A goddess.
10. What is the NBFO?
(a) The National Bisexual Founders Organization.
(b) The Negro-Based Feminist Organization.
(c) The New Belief in Freedom Organization.
(d) The National Black Feminist Organization.
11. According to Mirtha Quintanales, what is racism?
(a) A Big Monster.
(b) A problem that will never go away.
(d) A nightmare.
12. Who was Malintzin's lover?
13. What does Chrystos use to "mark out the space I am"?
14. According to Gloria Anzaldua, who said, "Complacency is a far more dangerous attitude than outrage."
(b) Naomi Littlebear.
(c) Cherrie Moraga.
(d) Barbara Smith.
15. According to Nellie Wong, if one sings about woe too often the person is accused of ___________.
(a) Being "too narrow-minded."
(b) Being "too weak."
(c) Being "too personal."
(d) Being "too limited."
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beverly Smith get "so frustrated"?
2. What story is the monkey from that Gloria Anzaldua referenced in "La Prieta"?
3. According to Gloria Anzaldua, fears act like __________.
4. Mirtha Quintanales claims that there is no such thing as __________.
5. What did Gloria Anzaldua claim changed her forever?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)