|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a woman who chooses to be a lesbian, according to Cheryl Clarke, live?
(b) In hiding.
2. Gloria Anzaldua claims that women of color need to stop being compared to __________.
(a) Dying trees.
3. What does the "whirring voice" in Rosario Morales' voice inside her head tell her?
(a) "Stop. This is not your fight alone."
(b) "The change is comming."
(c) "You don't belong."
(d) "You will do great things."
4. What is the NBFO?
(a) The New Belief in Freedom Organization.
(b) The National Black Feminist Organization.
(c) The Negro-Based Feminist Organization.
(d) The National Bisexual Founders Organization.
5. What did Hattie Gossett claim "is really a drag"?
(a) Meditation with a guru.
(b) Writing the introduction to your own book.
(c) Telling the truth about the women's movement today.
(d) Finding one's own voice.
6. According to "Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers," what do "white eyes" not bother to learn?
(a) Our past.
(b) Our humanity.
(c) Our culture.
(d) Our language.
7. Why can't Gloria Anzaldua sleep at night?
(a) She has lost her lover.
(b) Her father died.
(c) Her mother has disowned her.
(d) The mugger said he would come and get her.
8. The introduction of "El Mundo Zurdo: The Vision" claims autonomy is NOT __________.
9. What do women of color dare to show the world? ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
(a) Their power.
(b) Human flesh and the red of their blood.
(c) Their honesty.
(d) Their pride in their culture.
10. "Feminism for you means working for the equality and humanity of women and men, for children, for the _________________ that is possible." (Nellie Wong)
11. What does being a "Yellow Feminist" mean? (Merle Woo)
(a) Being a "tree hugger."
(b) Being a community activist and humanist.
(c) Supporting peace worldwide.
(d) Loving all people.
12. According to Mirtha Quintanales, what is racism?
(a) A Big Monster.
(b) A nightmare.
(d) A problem that will never go away.
13. How long did it take for Gloria Anzaldua to believe that white is not better than brown?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Her lifetime.
(d) Fifty years.
14. When Gloria Anzaldua was born, what did Mamagranda Locha look for on her?
(a) A sign of greatness.
(b) A birthmark in the shape of a star.
(c) Signs of whiteness.
(d) Mulatto blood.
15. What is the brown thigh bone carved with in "Give Me Back"?
(a) The teeth of a babe.
(b) An eagle's beak.
(c) The bare fingers of a woman.
(d) A rock from the ocean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What drives Barbara Smith crazy, according to the "Sister-to-Sister Dialogue"?
2. "Even though we go hungry we are not impoverished of ________________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
3. Who does Cheryl Clarke believe to be the real enemy to lesbians?
4. According to Gloria Anzaldua, who said, "Complacency is a far more dangerous attitude than outrage."
5. Cheryl Clarke identifies a lesbian as ________________.
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)