|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationships are important to Gloria Anzaldua?
(a) The ones with others.
(b) The ones with others and self.
(c) The ones within our culture.
(d) The ones with humanity.
2. What do women of color dare to show the world? ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
(a) Their power.
(b) Human flesh and the red of their blood.
(c) Their honesty.
(d) Their pride in their culture.
3. Merle Woo claims that being a Chinese man in America makes the man a victim of _______________.
(a) Mind and body.
(b) All races outside of Chinese.
(c) Chinese women.
(d) Sexism and racism.
4. Cheryl Clarke identifies a lesbian as ________________.
(a) A woman who says she is.
(b) A woman who denies her sexuality.
(c) A woman who proves she is.
(d) A woman who dislikes men.
5. According to Cheryl Clarke, of whom are black women envious?
(a) Pampered "powder puffs."
(b) Women whom have made a name for themselves in the white man's world.
(c) Wealthy women.
(d) Women with morals.
6. What drives Barbara Smith crazy, according to the "Sister-to-Sister Dialogue"?
(a) Life not being fair.
(b) Women being taken for granted.
(c) Black women taking steretypical jobs.
(d) White women choosing not to finish school.
7. What does being a "Yellow Feminist" mean? (Merle Woo)
(a) Loving all people.
(b) Supporting peace worldwide.
(c) Being a "tree hugger."
(d) Being a community activist and humanist.
8. What does the "whirring voice" in Rosario Morales' voice inside her head tell her?
(a) "The change is comming."
(b) "Stop. This is not your fight alone."
(c) "You will do great things."
(d) "You don't belong."
9. What does NWSA stand for?
(a) Need Women Saying All.
(b) National White Studies Agendas.
(c) Not Willing to Say Anything.
(d) National Women's Studies Association.
10. What does Cherrie Moraga claim is possible in the poem "The Welder"?
(d) Love of all.
11. What is a "gorra"?
(a) A dress.
(b) A grandchild.
(c) A loved one.
(d) A sunbonnet.
12. According to Barbara Noda, what sang out to her in "Lowriding Through the Women's Movement"?
13. Who was Malintzin's lover?
14. What is Gloria Anzaldua's main distraction from writing?
15. Why does Nellie Wong claim that "you" (a writer/her) will not stop working and writing?
(a) It means too much to those that read it.
(b) You care, refuse to give up, and won't submit.
(c) It is too important.
(d) You will not extinguish the fire in yourself.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Your skin must be sensitive for the lightest _____________ and thick enough to ward off the ___________________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
2. From "Billie lives! Billie lives!," what year has been declared the year of the bird?
3. When was the first piece of Hattie Gossett's book "my soul looks back in wonder/wild wimmin don't get no blues" written?
4. What is no black person in this country surprised about? (Smith/Smith dialogue)
5. What did Hattie Gossett claim "is really a drag"?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)