|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Barbara Smith, what book did African American students have a hard time believing was about "white people"?
(a) "Invisible Man."
(b) "The Grapes of Wrath."
(c) "Diasy Miller."
(d) "The Sound and the Fury."
2. What is the NBFO?
(a) The New Belief in Freedom Organization.
(b) The National Black Feminist Organization.
(c) The Negro-Based Feminist Organization.
(d) The National Bisexual Founders Organization.
3. According to Gloria Anzaldua, fears act like __________.
(a) Crushing blows from an enemy.
(b) Polar opposites.
(d) Waves on the ocean.
4. What was one of the major issues that the Combahee River Collective began to address publicly?
(a) The power of the white man in America.
(b) Racism in the women's movement.
(c) Racism in the white woman's movement.
(d) The lack of power for women in America.
5. Who does Cheryl Clarke believe to be the real enemy to lesbians?
(a) Each other.
(b) Heterosexual women.
(c) Balck men.
(d) "The Man."
6. How long did it take for Gloria Anzaldua to believe that white is not better than brown?
(a) Fifty years.
(b) Her lifetime.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Thirty years.
7. When Gloria Anzaldua was born, what did Mamagranda Locha look for on her?
(a) A birthmark in the shape of a star.
(b) Mulatto blood.
(c) Signs of whiteness.
(d) A sign of greatness.
8. "Even though we go hungry we are not impoverished of ________________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
9. To what does Rosario Morales compare "protective coloring in racist fields"?
10. What happened on August 6, 1941, just four days before the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
(a) Billie Holiday's "Ella, Lena And Billie" came out.
(b) Billie Holiday's "Lady Day" was made.
(c) Billie Holiday's "Distinctive Song Stylings" came out.
(d) Billie Holiday's "Story Volume 2" was made.
11. Who was Gloria Anzaldua's first love?
(a) A Poodle.
(b) A Collie.
(c) A Corgi.
(d) A German Shepherd.
12. When did the Combahee River Collective first begin to meet?
13. In Cheryl Clarke's mind, what does "take care of us" equal?
(a) Control us.
(b) Limit us.
(c) Love us.
(d) Free us.
14. According to Barbara Noda, what sang out to her in "Lowriding Through the Women's Movement"?
15. Barbara Smith says there is no such thing as ___________________.
(b) Simplicity in life.
(c) An easy way to do things.
(d) A cure for racism.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cheryl Clarke, of whom are black women envious?
2. What is a "gorra"?
3. According to "Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers," what do "white eyes" not bother to learn?
4. According to the Combahee River Collective, what did they claim as being recognized as being enough?
5. What does Hattie Gossett claim nobody cares about in the '80s?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)