|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the poem "I speak in an illusion"?
(a) Sylvia Plath.
(b) Erin Wolf.
(c) Judy Lucero.
2. What relationships are important to Gloria Anzaldua?
(a) The ones within our culture.
(b) The ones with others.
(c) The ones with others and self.
(d) The ones with humanity.
3. According to the Combahee River Collective, whose job is it to eliminate racism in the white women's movement?
(a) All women.
(b) Third World Writers.
(c) Black women.
(d) White women.
4. Who does Cheryl Clarke believe to be the real enemy to lesbians?
(a) Balck men.
(b) Each other.
(c) "The Man."
(d) Heterosexual women.
5. On what night is Nellie Wong writing a letter to herself?
(a) Christmas Eve.
(b) Her birthday.
(c) New Year's night.
(d) Mother's Day.
6. The introduction of "El Mundo Zurdo: The Vision" claims autonomy is NOT __________.
7. What essay of Cherrie Moraga's does Naomi Littlebear refer to by referencing a six-pack of beer?
(a) "Heroes and Spirits."
(b) "The Last Generation."
(c) "The Hungry Woman."
(d) "La Guera."
8. What does Gloria Anzaldua say women of color cannot allow?
(a) Being tokenized.
(b) Being made fun of.
(c) Being dehumanized.
(d) Being hurt.
9. According to Cheryl Clarke, how many different kinds of lesbians are there?
(a) There is only one kind of lesbian.
(b) There is not only one kind of lesbian.
(c) There are two types of lesbians.
(d) There are four specific types of lesbians.
10. What does Chrystos pass around the circle in her poem "Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading"?
(a) A rock.
(b) A leaf.
(c) A shell.
(d) A cloud.
11. The introduction to "El Mundo Zurdo: The Vision" relates that Third Women are especially vulnerable to____________.
(a) The many headed demon of oppression.
(b) The submission that turns a face blue with anger.
(c) The oppression of men.
(d) The righting of the left-handed world.
12. What humorous answer does Barbara Smith give to the following question that her sister poses to her: "Is there any oppression that women experience that is that total, in other words literally affects their physical well-being on a day to day basis?
13. What did Gloria Anzaldua claim changed her forever?
14. According to Mirtha Quintanales, what is racism?
(a) A problem that will never go away.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) A Big Monster.
15. Why can't Gloria Anzaldua sleep at night?
(a) Her mother has disowned her.
(b) She has lost her lover.
(c) The mugger said he would come and get her.
(d) Her father died.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to "Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers," what do "white eyes" not bother to learn?
2. Why does Nellie Wong bring up Sylvia Plath and Anne Sexton?
3. What is a "gorra"?
4. What is the brown thigh bone carved with in "Give Me Back"?
5. In her letter to Barbara Smith, Mirtha Quintanales tells Smith about ___________.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)