|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a woman who chooses to be a lesbian, according to Cheryl Clarke, live?
(a) In hiding.
2. According to Mirtha Quintanales, what is racism?
(a) A Big Monster.
(b) A problem that will never go away.
(c) A nightmare.
3. What does Gloria Anzaldua say women of color cannot allow?
(a) Being dehumanized.
(b) Being made fun of.
(c) Being hurt.
(d) Being tokenized.
4. Who wrote the book "Bloodroots"?
(a) Cherrie Moraga.
(b) Alma Villanueva.
(c) Barbara Smith.
5. What does Gloria Anzaldua say that women have to lose?
(a) Only their sanity.
(b) Only their souls.
(c) Nothing, they never had any privileges.
6. What metaphor does Gloria Anzaldua use to compare writing to?
(a) "The tiger riding our backs."
(b) "The wind that fills the sails."
(c) "The green of the earth."
(d) "The mouth of the dragon."
7. Merle Woo claims that being a Chinese man in America makes the man a victim of _______________.
(a) All races outside of Chinese.
(b) Chinese women.
(c) Mind and body.
(d) Sexism and racism.
8. Who was Malintzin?
(a) A goddess.
(b) An Aztec nobel woman.
(c) An Indian princess.
(d) A mythological fairy.
9. Who was Malintzin's lover?
10. According to Gloria Anzaldua, fears act like __________.
(a) Waves on the ocean.
(b) Polar opposites.
(d) Crushing blows from an enemy.
11. According to Barbara Smith, what book did African American students have a hard time believing was about "white people"?
(a) "The Grapes of Wrath."
(b) "Diasy Miller."
(c) "The Sound and the Fury."
(d) "Invisible Man."
12. What essay of Cherrie Moraga's does Naomi Littlebear refer to by referencing a six-pack of beer?
(a) "La Guera."
(b) "The Last Generation."
(c) "The Hungry Woman."
(d) "Heroes and Spirits."
13. According to the introduction of "Speaking in Tongues: The Third World Woman Writer," a woman who writes has __________.
14. Barbara Smith says there is no such thing as ___________________.
(b) An easy way to do things.
(c) Simplicity in life.
(d) A cure for racism.
15. What is the rape of Black women by white men considered by the Combahee River Collective?
(a) Political repression.
(b) A way to keep black women submissive.
(c) Expression of power.
(d) A way to dehumanize.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mirtha Quintanales claims that there is no such thing as __________.
2. Why does Beverly Smith get "so frustrated"?
3. "Certainly ____________ is not just a white phenomenon." (Gloria Anzaldua)
4. To whom is Merle Woo's letter written to? (January, 1980)
5. According to the Combahee River Collective, whose job is it to eliminate racism in the white women's movement?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)