|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Your skin must be sensitive for the lightest _____________ and thick enough to ward off the ___________________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
(a) Touch and demons.
(b) Compliment and disgrace.
(c) Breath and strikes.
(d) Kiss and sneers.
2. What is the NBFO?
(a) The National Bisexual Founders Organization.
(b) The National Black Feminist Organization.
(c) The Negro-Based Feminist Organization.
(d) The New Belief in Freedom Organization.
3. Merle Woo claims that being a Chinese man in America makes the man a victim of _______________.
(a) Sexism and racism.
(b) All races outside of Chinese.
(c) Mind and body.
(d) Chinese women.
4. When Gloria Anzaldua was born, what did Mamagranda Locha look for on her?
(a) A birthmark in the shape of a star.
(b) Mulatto blood.
(c) Signs of whiteness.
(d) A sign of greatness.
5. To what does Rosario Morales compare "protective coloring in racist fields"?
6. "Feminism for you means working for the equality and humanity of women and men, for children, for the _________________ that is possible." (Nellie Wong)
7. What does Hattie Gossett claim nobody cares about in the '80s?
(a) Black folks.
(b) Giving back to society.
(d) Living morally.
8. Who wrote the following: "I do not believe/our wants have made all our lies/holy"?
(a) Audre Lorde.
(c) Cherrie Moraga.
(d) Sylvia Plath.
9. "Certainly ____________ is not just a white phenomenon." (Gloria Anzaldua)
10. What is no black person in this country surprised about? (Smith/Smith dialogue)
11. What happened on August 6, 1941, just four days before the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
(a) Billie Holiday's "Story Volume 2" was made.
(b) Billie Holiday's "Distinctive Song Stylings" came out.
(c) Billie Holiday's "Ella, Lena And Billie" came out.
(d) Billie Holiday's "Lady Day" was made.
12. What book did Naomi Littlebear send to Cherrie Moraga?
(a) "The Dark Side of the Moon."
(b) "The Sinner Inside."
(c) "The Mirror Never Lies."
(d) "When Women Love Women."
13. According to the introduction of "Speaking in Tongues: The Third World Woman Writer," a woman who writes has __________.
14. Combahee River Collective defined the American political system as________________.
(a) Male dominated rulemakers.
(b) White (male and female) rulemakers.
(c) White male rule.
(d) A collaborative of all Americans as rulemakers.
15. What does Gloria Anzaldua say women of color cannot allow?
(a) Being hurt.
(b) Being dehumanized.
(c) Being made fun of.
(d) Being tokenized.
Short Answer Questions
1. Barbara Smith says there is no such thing as ___________________.
2. According to "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance," in the Black world, who are the two free people in the United States?
3. What do black women, according to the Combahee River Collective, struggle with black men about?
4. Gloria Anzaldua claims that women of color need to stop being compared to __________.
5. What drives Barbara Smith crazy, according to the "Sister-to-Sister Dialogue"?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)