|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Naomi Littlebear say she tried to exorcise?
(a) Demons of communication.
(b) Demons of love.
(c) Demons of hatred.
(d) Demons of racism.
2. What is one of Gloria Anzaldua's biggest fears?
(a) Sending out the wrong message to young women.
(b) Failing her mother.
(c) Betraying herself.
(d) Failing as a writer.
3. From what does writing save Gloria Anzaldua?
(a) Her past.
(b) The life that she is running from.
(c) The lies that have been told about her.
(d) The complacency she fears.
4. What is Gloria Anzaldua's main distraction from writing?
5. Merle Woo claims that being a Chinese man in America makes the man a victim of _______________.
(a) Sexism and racism.
(b) All races outside of Chinese.
(c) Chinese women.
(d) Mind and body.
6. Gloria Anzaldua claims that women of color need to stop being compared to __________.
(d) Dying trees.
7. According to the introduction of "El Mundo Zurdo: The Vision", what can women use as a source of power-if they use it?
(b) Inner strength.
(c) The promise of the future.
(d) The pain of the past.
8. What is the NBFO?
(a) The National Black Feminist Organization.
(b) The New Belief in Freedom Organization.
(c) The Negro-Based Feminist Organization.
(d) The National Bisexual Founders Organization.
9. According to the Combahee River Collective, what did they claim as being recognized as being enough?
10. When did the Combahee River Collective first begin to meet?
11. Why does Nellie Wong claim that "you" (a writer/her) will not stop working and writing?
(a) You will not extinguish the fire in yourself.
(b) It means too much to those that read it.
(c) You care, refuse to give up, and won't submit.
(d) It is too important.
12. To what does Rosario Morales compare "protective coloring in racist fields"?
13. What does Chrystos pass around the circle in her poem "Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading"?
(a) A rock.
(b) A shell.
(c) A cloud.
(d) A leaf.
14. According to Mirtha Quintanales, what is racism?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) A problem that will never go away.
(d) A Big Monster.
15. Why does Beverly Smith get "so frustrated"?
(a) Hate should not exist.
(b) The movement is not moving fast enough.
(c) She feels people don't understand where she came from.
(d) Life should not be lived in fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't Gloria Anzaldua sleep at night?
2. Gloria Anzaldua claims ___________split her.
3. "Certainly ____________ is not just a white phenomenon." (Gloria Anzaldua)
4. According to Barbara Smith, what book did African American students have a hard time believing was about "white people"?
5. What did Gloria Anzaldua claim changed her forever?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)