|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chrystos use to "mark out the space I am"?
2. In her letter to Barbara Smith, Mirtha Quintanales tells Smith about ___________.
(a) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
3. What does Cherrie Moraga claim that she is NOT in the poem "The Welder"?
(a) A forgiver.
(b) A miracle worker.
(c) A doctor.
(d) An alchemist.
4. "The lesbian of color is not only invisible, she does not even __________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
(d) Prove her worthiness.
5. What happened on August 6, 1941, just four days before the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
(a) Billie Holiday's "Lady Day" was made.
(b) Billie Holiday's "Ella, Lena And Billie" came out.
(c) Billie Holiday's "Story Volume 2" was made.
(d) Billie Holiday's "Distinctive Song Stylings" came out.
6. Why can't Gloria Anzaldua sleep at night?
(a) Her father died.
(b) The mugger said he would come and get her.
(c) Her mother has disowned her.
(d) She has lost her lover.
7. What did Gloria Anzaldua's mother want in return for her birthing Gloria?
(a) Submission without rebellion.
(b) Her to forgive her for raising her badly.
(c) Her to suceed.
(d) Her unconditional love.
8. According to Mirtha Quintanales, what is racism?
(b) A problem that will never go away.
(c) A nightmare.
(d) A Big Monster.
9. According to the introduction of "Speaking in Tongues: The Third World Woman Writer," a woman who writes has __________.
10. What does Chrystos want to give "you"? ("Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading")
(a) The first daffodil opening.
(b) A wind to fill your sails.
(c) The first bloom from a cactus.
(d) A wave from the ocean.
11. What book did Naomi Littlebear send to Cherrie Moraga?
(a) "The Sinner Inside."
(b) "The Mirror Never Lies."
(c) "When Women Love Women."
(d) "The Dark Side of the Moon."
12. What is Gloria Anzaldua's main distraction from writing?
13. From "Billie lives! Billie lives!," what year has been declared the year of the bird?
14. "Even though we go hungry we are not impoverished of ________________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
15. Cheryl Clarke identifies a lesbian as ________________.
(a) A woman who denies her sexuality.
(b) A woman who proves she is.
(c) A woman who dislikes men.
(d) A woman who says she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gloria Anzaldua claims that women of color need to stop being compared to __________.
2. According to Barbara Smith, what does one woman state as the reason for not watching television?
3. Mirtha Quintanales claims that there is no such thing as __________.
4. What essay of Cherrie Moraga's does Naomi Littlebear refer to by referencing a six-pack of beer?
5. What does Gloria Anzaldua say women of color cannot allow?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)