|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the following: "I do not believe/our wants have made all our lies/holy"?
(a) Sylvia Plath.
(b) Cherrie Moraga.
(c) Audre Lorde.
2. According to Mirtha Quintanales, what is racism?
(a) A Big Monster.
(b) A nightmare.
(d) A problem that will never go away.
3. What story is the monkey from that Gloria Anzaldua referenced in "La Prieta"?
(a) "Monkey Learns to Chaperone Pigs."
(b) "Primal Attraction."
(d) "Puff Goes the Monkey."
4. "There is no __________________ in poverty." (Gloria Anzaldua)
5. What does Chrystos use to "mark out the space I am"?
6. Who was Malintzin?
(a) A goddess.
(b) An Indian princess.
(c) A mythological fairy.
(d) An Aztec nobel woman.
7. The introduction to "El Mundo Zurdo: The Vision" relates that Third Women are especially vulnerable to____________.
(a) The oppression of men.
(b) The righting of the left-handed world.
(c) The many headed demon of oppression.
(d) The submission that turns a face blue with anger.
8. "The lesbian of color is not only invisible, she does not even __________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
(c) Prove her worthiness.
9. When did the Combahee River Collective first begin to meet?
10. When Gloria Anzaldua was born, what did Mamagranda Locha look for on her?
(a) A sign of greatness.
(b) A birthmark in the shape of a star.
(c) Signs of whiteness.
(d) Mulatto blood.
11. What book did Naomi Littlebear send to Cherrie Moraga?
(a) "The Dark Side of the Moon."
(b) "The Mirror Never Lies."
(c) "The Sinner Inside."
(d) "When Women Love Women."
12. How many months did it take for Hattie Gossett to edit her book "my soul looks back in wonder/wild wimmin don't get no blues" written?
(a) Twelve months.
(b) Seven months.
(c) Three months.
(d) One month.
13. What did Naomi Littlebear say she tried to exorcise?
(a) Demons of love.
(b) Demons of racism.
(c) Demons of hatred.
(d) Demons of communication.
14. According to Gloria Anzaldua, fears act like __________.
(a) Waves on the ocean.
(b) Polar opposites.
(c) Crushing blows from an enemy.
15. Combahee River Collective defined the American political system as________________.
(a) White male rule.
(b) White (male and female) rulemakers.
(c) Male dominated rulemakers.
(d) A collaborative of all Americans as rulemakers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of crisis does Hattie Gossett claim there is at the time of her book's release?
2. According to "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance," in the Black world, who are the two free people in the United States?
3. What does Gloria Anzaldua say women of color cannot allow?
4. According to the introduction of "Speaking in Tongues: The Third World Woman Writer," a woman who writes has __________.
5. Mirtha Quintanales claims that there is no such thing as __________.
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)