|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mirtha Quintanales, what is racism?
(a) A problem that will never go away.
(c) A Big Monster.
(d) A nightmare.
2. Who was Gloria Anzaldua's first love?
(a) A Collie.
(b) A Corgi.
(c) A German Shepherd.
(d) A Poodle.
3. Who was Malintzin?
(a) A goddess.
(b) A mythological fairy.
(c) An Indian princess.
(d) An Aztec nobel woman.
4. According to "Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers," what do "white eyes" not bother to learn?
(a) Our language.
(b) Our culture.
(c) Our past.
(d) Our humanity.
5. What does Gloria Anzaldua say women of color cannot allow?
(a) Being tokenized.
(b) Being dehumanized.
(c) Being hurt.
(d) Being made fun of.
6. According to the Combahee River Collective, what did they claim as being recognized as being enough?
7. What is the rape of Black women by white men considered by the Combahee River Collective?
(a) A way to keep black women submissive.
(b) Expression of power.
(c) A way to dehumanize.
(d) Political repression.
8. From what does writing save Gloria Anzaldua?
(a) The complacency she fears.
(b) The lies that have been told about her.
(c) Her past.
(d) The life that she is running from.
9. When did the Combahee River Collective first begin to meet?
10. "The lesbian of color is not only invisible, she does not even __________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
(a) Prove her worthiness.
11. According to "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance," in the Black world, who are the two free people in the United States?
(a) White men and black women.
(b) Black men and women.
(c) White men and women.
(d) Black men and white women.
12. What does the "whirring voice" in Rosario Morales' voice inside her head tell her?
(a) "You don't belong."
(b) "The change is comming."
(c) "You will do great things."
(d) "Stop. This is not your fight alone."
13. In Cheryl Clarke's mind, what does "take care of us" equal?
(a) Free us.
(b) Love us.
(c) Control us.
(d) Limit us.
14. What do black women, according to the Combahee River Collective, struggle with black men about?
15. What did Naomi Littlebear say she tried to exorcise?
(a) Demons of hatred.
(b) Demons of communication.
(c) Demons of love.
(d) Demons of racism.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Cheryl Clarke, of whom are black women envious?
2. Who wrote the following: "I do not believe/our wants have made all our lies/holy"?
3. When Gloria Anzaldua was born, what did Mamagranda Locha look for on her?
4. Why does Beverly Smith get "so frustrated"?
5. What story is the monkey from that Gloria Anzaldua referenced in "La Prieta"?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)