|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Feminism for you means working for the equality and humanity of women and men, for children, for the _________________ that is possible." (Nellie Wong)
2. What does Cherrie Moraga claim is possible in the poem "The Welder"?
(b) Love of all.
3. How many months did it take for Hattie Gossett to edit her book "my soul looks back in wonder/wild wimmin don't get no blues" written?
(a) Twelve months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Seven months.
(d) One month.
4. What does Chrystos pass around the circle in her poem "Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading"?
(a) A shell.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A leaf.
(d) A rock.
5. What does Gloria Anzaldua say women of color cannot allow?
(a) Being hurt.
(b) Being tokenized.
(c) Being made fun of.
(d) Being dehumanized.
6. What humorous answer does Barbara Smith give to the following question that her sister poses to her: "Is there any oppression that women experience that is that total, in other words literally affects their physical well-being on a day to day basis?
7. What does being a "Yellow Feminist" mean? (Merle Woo)
(a) Being a community activist and humanist.
(b) Supporting peace worldwide.
(c) Being a "tree hugger."
(d) Loving all people.
8. Who does Cheryl Clarke believe to be the real enemy to lesbians?
(a) Heterosexual women.
(b) Each other.
(c) Balck men.
(d) "The Man."
9. What is no black person in this country surprised about? (Smith/Smith dialogue)
10. What book did Naomi Littlebear send to Cherrie Moraga?
(a) "When Women Love Women."
(b) "The Dark Side of the Moon."
(c) "The Mirror Never Lies."
(d) "The Sinner Inside."
11. According to Nellie Wong, if one sings about woe too often the person is accused of ___________.
(a) Being "too weak."
(b) Being "too narrow-minded."
(c) Being "too personal."
(d) Being "too limited."
12. What does Chrystos use to "mark out the space I am"?
13. "Certainly ____________ is not just a white phenomenon." (Gloria Anzaldua)
14. Cheryl Clarke identifies a lesbian as ________________.
(a) A woman who says she is.
(b) A woman who denies her sexuality.
(c) A woman who proves she is.
(d) A woman who dislikes men.
15. According to "Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers," what do "white eyes" not bother to learn?
(a) Our culture.
(b) Our language.
(c) Our past.
(d) Our humanity.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Combahee River Collective first begin to meet?
2. What does the "whirring voice" in Rosario Morales' voice inside her head tell her?
3. According to the Combahee River Collective, whose job is it to eliminate racism in the white women's movement?
4. What do women of color dare to show the world? ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
5. According to Barbara Noda, what sang out to her in "Lowriding Through the Women's Movement"?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)