|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened on August 6, 1941, just four days before the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
(a) Billie Holiday's "Ella, Lena And Billie" came out.
(b) Billie Holiday's "Story Volume 2" was made.
(c) Billie Holiday's "Lady Day" was made.
(d) Billie Holiday's "Distinctive Song Stylings" came out.
2. From "Billie lives! Billie lives!," what year has been declared the year of the bird?
3. What is no black person in this country surprised about? (Smith/Smith dialogue)
4. What does being a "Yellow Feminist" mean? (Merle Woo)
(a) Supporting peace worldwide.
(b) Loving all people.
(c) Being a community activist and humanist.
(d) Being a "tree hugger."
5. Gloria Anzaldua claims ___________split her.
(a) People's labels.
(b) Her mother's beliefs.
(c) Other cultures.
(d) Her lover's questions.
6. What humorous answer does Barbara Smith give to the following question that her sister poses to her: "Is there any oppression that women experience that is that total, in other words literally affects their physical well-being on a day to day basis?
7. What is a "gorra"?
(a) A dress.
(b) A grandchild.
(c) A loved one.
(d) A sunbonnet.
8. What do black women, according to the Combahee River Collective, struggle with black men about?
9. According to "Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers," what do "white eyes" not bother to learn?
(a) Our humanity.
(b) Our culture.
(c) Our language.
(d) Our past.
10. From what does writing save Gloria Anzaldua?
(a) The complacency she fears.
(b) The lies that have been told about her.
(c) Her past.
(d) The life that she is running from.
11. In her letter to Barbara Smith, Mirtha Quintanales tells Smith about ___________.
(a) New York.
(b) San Francisco.
12. Who does Cheryl Clarke believe to be the real enemy to lesbians?
(a) Each other.
(b) "The Man."
(c) Heterosexual women.
(d) Balck men.
13. According to Gloria Anzaldua, fears act like __________.
(a) Polar opposites.
(c) Waves on the ocean.
(d) Crushing blows from an enemy.
14. Why does Nellie Wong claim that "you" (a writer/her) will not stop working and writing?
(a) It is too important.
(b) You care, refuse to give up, and won't submit.
(c) It means too much to those that read it.
(d) You will not extinguish the fire in yourself.
15. According to Cheryl Clarke, of whom are black women envious?
(a) Women whom have made a name for themselves in the white man's world.
(b) Wealthy women.
(c) Pampered "powder puffs."
(d) Women with morals.
Short Answer Questions
1. "There is no __________________ in poverty." (Gloria Anzaldua)
2. According to Barbara Smith, what book did African American students have a hard time believing was about "white people"?
3. What does Cherrie Moraga claim is possible in the poem "The Welder"?
4. What does Cherrie Moraga claim that she is NOT in the poem "The Welder"?
5. What book did Naomi Littlebear send to Cherrie Moraga?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)