|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Malintzin?
(a) A goddess.
(b) An Indian princess.
(c) An Aztec nobel woman.
(d) A mythological fairy.
2. Combahee River Collective defined the American political system as________________.
(a) A collaborative of all Americans as rulemakers.
(b) Male dominated rulemakers.
(c) White male rule.
(d) White (male and female) rulemakers.
3. What story is the monkey from that Gloria Anzaldua referenced in "La Prieta"?
(a) "Primal Attraction."
(c) "Puff Goes the Monkey."
(d) "Monkey Learns to Chaperone Pigs."
4. The introduction of "El Mundo Zurdo: The Vision" claims autonomy is NOT __________.
5. When did the Combahee River Collective first begin to meet?
6. What humorous answer does Barbara Smith give to the following question that her sister poses to her: "Is there any oppression that women experience that is that total, in other words literally affects their physical well-being on a day to day basis?
7. Why does Beverly Smith get "so frustrated"?
(a) The movement is not moving fast enough.
(b) Hate should not exist.
(c) She feels people don't understand where she came from.
(d) Life should not be lived in fear.
8. What is no black person in this country surprised about? (Smith/Smith dialogue)
9. What is the rape of Black women by white men considered by the Combahee River Collective?
(a) Expression of power.
(b) Political repression.
(c) A way to keep black women submissive.
(d) A way to dehumanize.
10. What happened on August 6, 1941, just four days before the bombing of Pearl Harbor?
(a) Billie Holiday's "Story Volume 2" was made.
(b) Billie Holiday's "Lady Day" was made.
(c) Billie Holiday's "Distinctive Song Stylings" came out.
(d) Billie Holiday's "Ella, Lena And Billie" came out.
11. Cheryl Clarke identifies a lesbian as ________________.
(a) A woman who says she is.
(b) A woman who denies her sexuality.
(c) A woman who dislikes men.
(d) A woman who proves she is.
12. Why does Nellie Wong bring up Sylvia Plath and Anne Sexton?
(a) They are black.
(b) They killed themselves.
(c) They spoke about the women's movement.
(d) They endorsed her writings.
13. What book did Naomi Littlebear send to Cherrie Moraga?
(a) "When Women Love Women."
(b) "The Dark Side of the Moon."
(c) "The Mirror Never Lies."
(d) "The Sinner Inside."
14. What metaphor does Gloria Anzaldua use to compare writing to?
(a) "The mouth of the dragon."
(b) "The tiger riding our backs."
(c) "The green of the earth."
(d) "The wind that fills the sails."
15. "Your skin must be sensitive for the lightest _____________ and thick enough to ward off the ___________________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
(a) Kiss and sneers.
(b) Breath and strikes.
(c) Touch and demons.
(d) Compliment and disgrace.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The lesbian of color is not only invisible, she does not even __________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
2. What does NWSA stand for?
3. "Certainly ____________ is not just a white phenomenon." (Gloria Anzaldua)
4. Who wrote the poem "I speak in an illusion"?
5. What does Chrystos use to "mark out the space I am"?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)