|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Barbara Smith, what book did African American students have a hard time believing was about "white people"?
(a) "Invisible Man."
(b) "The Grapes of Wrath."
(c) "Diasy Miller."
(d) "The Sound and the Fury."
2. What did Gloria Anzaldua's mother want in return for her birthing Gloria?
(a) Her to suceed.
(b) Submission without rebellion.
(c) Her unconditional love.
(d) Her to forgive her for raising her badly.
3. Barbara Smith says there is no such thing as ___________________.
(a) An easy way to do things.
(b) A cure for racism.
(d) Simplicity in life.
4. What did Gloria Anzaldua claim changed her forever?
5. According to Gloria Anzaldua, who said, "Complacency is a far more dangerous attitude than outrage."
(a) Naomi Littlebear.
(b) Cherrie Moraga.
(d) Barbara Smith.
6. Who wrote the book "Bloodroots"?
(a) Alma Villanueva.
(b) Barbara Smith.
(c) Cherrie Moraga.
7. According to Nellie Wong, if one sings about woe too often the person is accused of ___________.
(a) Being "too limited."
(b) Being "too narrow-minded."
(c) Being "too personal."
(d) Being "too weak."
8. What does NWSA stand for?
(a) Not Willing to Say Anything.
(b) National Women's Studies Association.
(c) National White Studies Agendas.
(d) Need Women Saying All.
9. What does the "whirring voice" in Rosario Morales' voice inside her head tell her?
(a) "The change is comming."
(b) "You don't belong."
(c) "You will do great things."
(d) "Stop. This is not your fight alone."
10. "Certainly ____________ is not just a white phenomenon." (Gloria Anzaldua)
11. What does Chrystos want to give "you"? ("Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading")
(a) The first daffodil opening.
(b) A wave from the ocean.
(c) A wind to fill your sails.
(d) The first bloom from a cactus.
12. "There is no __________________ in poverty." (Gloria Anzaldua)
13. In her letter to Barbara Smith, Mirtha Quintanales tells Smith about ___________.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
14. Who does Cheryl Clarke believe to be the real enemy to lesbians?
(a) "The Man."
(b) Heterosexual women.
(c) Each other.
(d) Balck men.
15. What does Cherrie Moraga claim that she is NOT in the poem "The Welder"?
(a) A forgiver.
(b) A doctor.
(c) A miracle worker.
(d) An alchemist.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gloria Anzaldua was born, what did Mamagranda Locha look for on her?
2. What essay of Cherrie Moraga's does Naomi Littlebear refer to by referencing a six-pack of beer?
3. What was one of the major issues that the Combahee River Collective began to address publicly?
4. Why can't Gloria Anzaldua sleep at night?
5. What is Gloria Anzaldua's main distraction from writing?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)