Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Barbara Smith, what book did African American students have a hard time believing was about "white people"?
(a) "The Grapes of Wrath."
(b) "The Sound and the Fury."
(c) "Diasy Miller."
(d) "Invisible Man."
2. What relationships are important to Gloria Anzaldua?
(a) The ones with others and self.
(b) The ones with others.
(c) The ones within our culture.
(d) The ones with humanity.
3. Who was Malintzin?
(a) A mythological fairy.
(b) An Indian princess.
(c) A goddess.
(d) An Aztec nobel woman.
4. What do black women, according to the Combahee River Collective, struggle with black men about?
5. According to "Lesbianism: An Act of Resistance," in the Black world, who are the two free people in the United States?
(a) Black men and white women.
(b) White men and black women.
(c) Black men and women.
(d) White men and women.
6. What does Chrystos want to give "you"? ("Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading")
(a) The first daffodil opening.
(b) A wave from the ocean.
(c) A wind to fill your sails.
(d) The first bloom from a cactus.
7. Why does Nellie Wong claim that "you" (a writer/her) will not stop working and writing?
(a) You care, refuse to give up, and won't submit.
(b) You will not extinguish the fire in yourself.
(c) It means too much to those that read it.
(d) It is too important.
8. Why can't Gloria Anzaldua sleep at night?
(a) She has lost her lover.
(b) Her mother has disowned her.
(c) Her father died.
(d) The mugger said he would come and get her.
9. What is Gloria Anzaldua's main distraction from writing?
10. What story is the monkey from that Gloria Anzaldua referenced in "La Prieta"?
(b) "Puff Goes the Monkey."
(c) "Monkey Learns to Chaperone Pigs."
(d) "Primal Attraction."
11. According to the Combahee River Collective, what did they claim as being recognized as being enough?
12. What does Chrystos use to "mark out the space I am"?
13. Who wrote the book "Bloodroots"?
(b) Alma Villanueva.
(c) Barbara Smith.
(d) Cherrie Moraga.
14. When was the first piece of Hattie Gossett's book "my soul looks back in wonder/wild wimmin don't get no blues" written?
15. According to Cheryl Clarke, how many different kinds of lesbians are there?
(a) There is not only one kind of lesbian.
(b) There are four specific types of lesbians.
(c) There are two types of lesbians.
(d) There is only one kind of lesbian.
Short Answer Questions
1. "There is no __________________ in poverty." (Gloria Anzaldua)
2. When did the Combahee River Collective first begin to meet?
3. What does Gloria Anzaldua say women of color cannot allow?
4. Who was Gloria Anzaldua's first love?
5. From "Billie lives! Billie lives!," what year has been declared the year of the bird?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)