|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author want to make changes in, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Her family.
(b) Personal culture.
(c) Society as a whole.
(d) Man made disasters.
2. What word did Gloria and Merlin wish to define for themselves, based upon their choice to leave a national feminist writers movement?
3. Who wrote "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Theresa Hak Kyung Cha.
(b) Wendy Law-Yone.
(c) Gish Jen.
(d) Mitsuye Yamada.
4. How old was the narrator's mother when she was the main support of her family? ("La Guera")
5. In the poem "on not bein," what is the subject's chest compared to?
(a) Hershey's kisses.
6. Between what two things does Chrystos believe that women of color must make a choice?
(a) Womanhood and motherhood.
(b) Ethnicity and womanhood.
(c) Love of place and love of self.
(d) Culture and Americanism.
7. What state did the narrator move back to in her mind in "Dreams of Violence"?
(c) South Carolina.
8. According to Judit Moschkovich, what happens when a person denies who they are, where they come from, and how they feel?
(a) They fail to find a place for themselves.
(b) They become hardened against others.
(c) They assimilate to the societal constant.
(d) They end up hating themselves.
9. Why was the author of "La Guera" pulled out of school at the ages of five, seven, nine, and eleven?
(a) To work in a silk factory.
(b) To work in a factory.
(c) To take care of her ailing mother.
(d) To work in the fields.
10. Who confided in Cherrie Moraga that he felt she didn't trust him because he was a male?
(a) A gay friend.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her college mentor.
11. What book did Mary Daly send to Audre Lorde?
(a) "Beyond God the Father: Toward a Philosophy of Women's Liberation."
(b) "Quintessence... Realizing the Archaic Future: A Radical Elemental Feminist Manifesto."
(d) "The Church and the Second Sex."
12. "For it is only under a patriarchal structure that _____________ is the only social power open to women," according to Audra Lorde.
13. According to an essay by Rosario Morales in April 1980, by what does "this society" divides us?
14. Who wrote "When I Was Growing Up"?
(a) Rita Dove.
(b) Qui Jin.
(c) Phillis Wheatley.
(d) Nellie Wong.
15. Who provided the scholarship for Gloria to attend the workshop on goddesses and heroines?
(a) Merlin Stone.
(b) Donna Rushin.
(c) Toni Bambara.
(d) Cherrie Moraga.
Short Answer Questions
1. What author did the narrator from "I Am What I Am" read "thru three or four times"?
2. According to the introduction to the first section of the book, what will readers find voices from?
3. What was the narrator of "Dreams of Violence" awakened by in the writing?
4. Who wrote "La Guera"?
5. Where did the narrator of "I Am What I Am" get her English accent from?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)