|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chrystos declare that she is afraid of in "I Don't Understand Those Who Have Turned Away From Me"?
(c) Her own culture.
(d) White people.
2. According to Doris Davenport, what is wrong with the word "racism"?
(a) Too general and simplistic.
(b) Too specific.
(c) Too accepted.
(d) Too much incorrect history.
3. In what month in 1979, did Gloria attend a women's retreat in California?
4. According to the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman," what do "we" do when we put "acts of God" on an equal playing field with man?
(a) "Spit on religious tradition."
(b) "Shrug off personal responsibility."
(c) "Laugh in the face of humanity."
(d) "Choose to ignore honesty."
5. According to a reference to another author in "La Guera," where must one look to find the dream?
(a) To the past.
(b) The nightmare.
(c) The inner self.
(d) The ego.
6. What does Audre Lorde consider wasted energy, as related in"An Open Letter To Mary Daly"?
(a) Speaking to feminists about racism.
(b) Trying to change racism.
(c) Speaking to white women about racism.
(d) Trying to be a feminist.
7. What author did the narrator from "I Am What I Am" read "thru three or four times"?
(a) Arthur Miller.
(b) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) James Fenimore Cooper.
8. Where did the author of "La Guera's" mother work while lying about her age?
(a) A sandwich shop.
(b) A factory.
(c) A racetrack.
(d) A grocery store.
9. "All our saints have a few taints of _________," according to "Millicent Fredericks."
10. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with American culture?
(c) Native American.
11. What does the narrator croon in "I Am What I Am"?
(a) Jorge Arraiza songs.
(b) Rafael Ithier poetry.
(c) Skitzo rap.
(d) Carlos Gardel tangoes.
12. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" wonder about the professor's wife?
(a) If she is afraid.
(b) If she is happy.
(c) If she is an alcholic.
(d) If she is content.
13. According to Judit Moschkovich, where is a great deal of information on Latin American available?
(c) Cultural studies courses.
(d) Feminist writings.
14. According to Chrystos, what is no longer considered a tool that can eliminate racism?
15. Who did the subject from "on not bein" marry?
(a) The first man to ask her.
(b) Her parent's choice of husband.
(c) The man who took her virginity.
(d) A man who made her parents mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rosario Morales claims that color and class do not define what two things?
2. According to the introduction, for whom do Third World women put themselves on the line for?
3. What "problem" is addressed in the first section of the book?
4. "For it is only under a patriarchal structure that _____________ is the only social power open to women," according to Audra Lorde.
5. According to Cherrie Moraga, what does lesbianism equal in "this country"?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)