|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with American culture?
(b) Native American.
2. From where did the quote at the beginning of "on not bein" come from?
(a) "Martinique's Song."
(b) "Nappy Edges."
(c) "Dark Voices."
(d) "Poetic Voices."
3. What did the author of "When I Was Growing Up" long to be?
4. Who provided the scholarship for Gloria to attend the workshop on goddesses and heroines?
(a) Merlin Stone.
(b) Cherrie Moraga.
(c) Toni Bambara.
(d) Donna Rushin.
5. What nationality does the narrator of "I Am What I Am" find funny in the way that they speak?
6. What does the narrator croon in "I Am What I Am"?
(a) Rafael Ithier poetry.
(b) Jorge Arraiza songs.
(c) Carlos Gardel tangoes.
(d) Skitzo rap.
7. In "Wonder Woman," what does the narrator wonder about the women whom she stares at?
(a) If they share her dreams.
(b) If they wish to be someone else.
(c) If they notice her the way she notices them.
(d) If they are afraid of who they are.
8. Who did the subject from "on not bein" marry?
(a) A man who made her parents mad.
(b) The first man to ask her.
(c) Her parent's choice of husband.
(d) The man who took her virginity.
9. According the Doris Davenport, why is the feminist movement racist?
(a) Failure to accept all women.
(b) White women.
10. What does the author who was quoted at the beginning of "La Guera" hope that women can make their own?
(d) Lives and experiences.
11. Who wrote "The Brown Menace/Poem to the Survival of Roaches"?
(a) Gayl Jones.
(b) Hattie Gossett.
(c) Audre Lorde.
(d) Tee Corinne.
12. "Light was _________," according to the narrator in "La Guera."
13. Rosario Morales claims that color and class do not define what two things?
(a) People or politics.
(b) Success and failure.
(c) Quality of education and money.
(d) People and culture.
14. Who wrote "Dreams of Violence"?
(a) Aaliyah Haughton.
(b) Martha Georga.
(c) Naomi Littlebear.
(d) Sarah James.
15. Why does Chrystos claim that white women are so rarely loyal?
(a) No one has shown them loyalty in return.
(b) They think they are above everyone else.
(c) They do not know how to be.
(d) They do not have to be.
Short Answer Questions
1. "We challenge symptoms of the disease while neglecting the _________________," as related in "The Pathology of Racism" by Davenport.
2. "All our saints have a few taints of _________," according to "Millicent Fredericks."
3. Why was the author of "La Guera" pulled out of school at the ages of five, seven, nine, and eleven?
4. According to the introduction, for whom do Third World women put themselves on the line for?
5. In the poem "on not bein," what is the subject's chest compared to?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)