|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "braceros" mean?
2. What does the author want to make changes in, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Her family.
(b) Society as a whole.
(c) Man made disasters.
(d) Personal culture.
3. In "Dreams of Violence," who is lying beside the narrator in bed?
(a) Her lover.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her daughter.
(d) Her dog.
4. What is Latin American culture dominated by as related in "But I know You, American Woman"?
(a) European culture.
(b) Native American culture.
(c) American mass culture.
(d) Spanish culture.
5. What does Gabrielle Daniels claim is the only thing for which Millicent would rise?
(c) The sake of art.
6. According to Audre Lorde, what must exist for liberation to exist?
(b) Sense of self.
7. Who wrote "on not bein"?
(b) Mary Hope Lee.
(c) Maya Angelou.
(d) Imamu Amiri Baraka.
8. "Light was _________," according to the narrator in "La Guera."
9. Who wrote "For the Color of My Mother"?
(a) Rita M. Gross.
(b) Ekaterina Sedia.
(c) Cherrie Moraga.
(d) Erica Jong.
10. What book did Mary Daly send to Audre Lorde?
(b) "Quintessence... Realizing the Archaic Future: A Radical Elemental Feminist Manifesto."
(c) "Beyond God the Father: Toward a Philosophy of Women's Liberation."
(d) "The Church and the Second Sex."
11. Of what race is Gloria?
(a) African American.
12. What must one do to become visible, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Be honored by our culture.
(b) Trust in ourselves.
(c) Refuse to separate the actor from thier actions.
(d) Succeed in the face of society.
13. Why did the author of "When I Was Growing Up"' sisters get praised?
(a) For their success in school.
(b) For their fair skin.
(c) For their rigidity following mainstream thought.
(d) For their success in following the rules of white society.
14. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with American culture?
(d) Native American.
15. Who wrote "La Guera"?
(a) Marina Tsvetaeva.
(b) Cherrie Moragaa.
(c) Anna Maria Lenngren.
(d) Mary Collier.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the footnotes for Jo Carrillo's poem "Beyond the Cliffs of Abiquiu," to what land is the poem dedicated?
2. In the poem "on not bein," what is the subject's chest compared to?
3. What does "la guera" mean?
4. From the poem "And When you Leave, Take Your Pictures with You," what do "white sisters" love to own?
5. According to Rosario Morales, who is capable of being racist?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)