|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is quoted at the beginning of "Children Passing in the Streets" as saying, "I learned to make my mind large, as the universe is large, so that there is room for paradoxes"?
(b) Barbara Smith.
(c) Mitsuye Yamada.
(d) Maxine Hong Kingston.
2. Who wrote "Wonder Woman"?
(a) Hattie Gossett.
(b) Genny Lim.
(c) Kat Long.
(d) Kim Chernin.
3. "For it is only under a patriarchal structure that _____________ is the only social power open to women," according to Audra Lorde.
4. What state did the narrator move back to in her mind in "Dreams of Violence"?
(b) South Carolina.
5. According to an essay by Rosario Morales in April 1980, by what does "this society" divides us?
6. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with American culture?
(c) Native American.
7. "All our saints have a few taints of _________," according to "Millicent Fredericks."
8. According to the introduction to the first section of the book, what will readers find voices from?
9. Who did the subject from "on not bein" marry?
(a) The first man to ask her.
(b) A man who made her parents mad.
(c) The man who took her virginity.
(d) Her parent's choice of husband.
10. What does Gabrielle Daniels claim is the only thing for which Millicent would rise?
(a) The sake of art.
11. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" see on sidewalks?
(b) Torn photos.
(d) Bits of glass.
12. According to a reference to another author in "La Guera," where must one look to find the dream?
(a) The nightmare.
(b) To the past.
(c) The inner self.
(d) The ego.
13. What does "braceros" mean?
14. According to the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman," what do "we" do when we put "acts of God" on an equal playing field with man?
(a) "Shrug off personal responsibility."
(b) "Choose to ignore honesty."
(c) "Spit on religious tradition."
(d) "Laugh in the face of humanity."
15. "We are women from all kinds of ____________________ streets." This statement is taken from Moraga's "Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism."
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Wonder Woman," what does the narrator wonder about the women whom she stares at?
2. What must one do to become visible, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
3. Who provided the scholarship for Gloria to attend the workshop on goddesses and heroines?
4. Who is quoted at the beginning of the poem "on not bein"?
5. According to Judit Moschkovich, where is a great deal of information on Latin American available?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)