|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote out the checks for the author's mother when she was at the grocery store? ("La Guera")
(a) The cashier.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The author.
2. "We are women from all kinds of ____________________ streets." This statement is taken from Moraga's "Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism."
3. In what year did the mother of the author of "La Guera" marry the writer's father?
4. Who wrote "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Wendy Law-Yone.
(b) Mitsuye Yamada.
(c) Gish Jen.
(d) Theresa Hak Kyung Cha.
5. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" wonder about the professor's wife?
(a) If she is content.
(b) If she is an alcholic.
(c) If she is happy.
(d) If she is afraid.
6. In "Wonder Woman," what does the narrator wonder about the women whom she stares at?
(a) If they are afraid of who they are.
(b) If they share her dreams.
(c) If they wish to be someone else.
(d) If they notice her the way she notices them.
7. Who is quoted at the beginning of "Children Passing in the Streets" as saying, "I learned to make my mind large, as the universe is large, so that there is room for paradoxes"?
(a) Mitsuye Yamada.
(b) Maxine Hong Kingston.
(d) Barbara Smith.
8. According to Judit Moschkovich, where is a great deal of information on Latin American available?
(a) Cultural studies courses.
(d) Feminist writings.
9. What book did Mary Daly send to Audre Lorde?
(a) "Beyond God the Father: Toward a Philosophy of Women's Liberation."
(c) "The Church and the Second Sex."
(d) "Quintessence... Realizing the Archaic Future: A Radical Elemental Feminist Manifesto."
10. According to an essay by Rosario Morales in April 1980, by what does "this society" divides us?
11. What is Latin American culture dominated by as related in "But I know You, American Woman"?
(a) Spanish culture.
(b) Native American culture.
(c) European culture.
(d) American mass culture.
12. According to Cherrie Moraga, what does lesbianism equal in "this country"?
(b) Second-class citizenship.
13. "Women who must sell _________________ for pennies a day" is a quote from "Wonder Woman."
(a) Their children.
(b) Their own garden items.
14. According to Doris Davenport, what is the cause of racism in white feminists?
(a) Hatred of those not white.
(c) Bizarre oppression.
15. What did the author of "When I Was Growing Up" long to be?
Short Answer Questions
1. Between what two things does Chrystos believe that women of color must make a choice?
2. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with Latin culture?
3. From where did the quote at the beginning of "on not bein" come from?
4. Where does the narrator of "Wonder Woman" reflect about other women doing the same things as she does?
5. What does "braceros" mean?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)