|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Judit Moschkovich, where is a great deal of information on Latin American available?
(a) Cultural studies courses.
(d) Feminist writings.
2. Who wrote "It's In My Blood, My Face- My mother's Voice, The Way I Sweat"?
(a) Anita Valerio.
(b) Clare Boothe Luce.
(c) Evelyn Cunningham.
(d) Shirley Chisholm.
3. Why does Rosario Morales carry a "pole 18 inches long"?
(a) To protect herself from America.
(b) To maintain her right to be proud of her culture.
(c) To protect herself from right-winged feminists.
(d) To protect herself from 13-89 year old men.
4. Who wrote "Dreams of Violence"?
(a) Martha Georga.
(b) Sarah James.
(c) Aaliyah Haughton.
(d) Naomi Littlebear.
5. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" wonder about the professor's wife?
(a) If she is content.
(b) If she is afraid.
(c) If she is an alcholic.
(d) If she is happy.
6. "Women who must sell _________________ for pennies a day" is a quote from "Wonder Woman."
(a) Their own garden items.
(c) Their children.
7. Who wrote "La Guera"?
(a) Anna Maria Lenngren.
(b) Mary Collier.
(c) Marina Tsvetaeva.
(d) Cherrie Moragaa.
8. According to Chrystos, what is no longer considered a tool that can eliminate racism?
9. According to the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman," what do "we" do when we put "acts of God" on an equal playing field with man?
(a) "Shrug off personal responsibility."
(b) "Spit on religious tradition."
(c) "Laugh in the face of humanity."
(d) "Choose to ignore honesty."
10. Where did the narrator of "I Am What I Am" get her English accent from?
(a) Sesame Street.
(b) National Geographic Channel.
(c) Gospel Songs.
(d) The BBC.
11. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with American culture?
(a) Native American.
12. Why did the author of "When I Was Growing Up"' sisters get praised?
(a) For their fair skin.
(b) For their success in school.
(c) For their rigidity following mainstream thought.
(d) For their success in following the rules of white society.
13. What was the narrator of "Dreams of Violence" awakened by in the writing?
(c) Gun fire.
(d) School children.
14. Who is quoted at the beginning of "La Guera"?
(a) Susan Howe.
(b) Judith Wright.
(c) May Swenson.
(d) Emma Goldman.
15. What state did the narrator move back to in her mind in "Dreams of Violence"?
(b) South Carolina.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must one do to become visible, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
2. According to "The Master's Tools Will Never Dismantle The Master's House," what must "divide and conquer" become in the world?
3. What does Chrystos declare that she is afraid of in "I Don't Understand Those Who Have Turned Away From Me"?
4. Where was the author of "La Guera"'s mother born?
5. In "Wonder Woman," what does the narrator wonder about the women whom she stares at?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)