|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Wendy Law-Yone.
(b) Mitsuye Yamada.
(c) Theresa Hak Kyung Cha.
(d) Gish Jen.
2. In what year did the mother of the author of "La Guera" marry the writer's father?
3. According to the footnotes for Jo Carrillo's poem "Beyond the Cliffs of Abiquiu," to what land is the poem dedicated?
(a) Native Inhabitants.
(b) A National Sacrifice area for energy.
(c) All Americans.
4. What happened to the narrator in the poem "For the Color of My Mother" when she was two?
(a) She fell off of a roof.
(b) She was attacked by a dog.
(c) She broke her leg.
(d) She split her lip open.
5. Who staffs the Buen Muir Indian Trading Post?
6. What author did the narrator from "I Am What I Am" read "thru three or four times"?
(a) Arthur Miller.
(b) James Fenimore Cooper.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
7. Who is quoted at the beginning of "Children Passing in the Streets" as saying, "I learned to make my mind large, as the universe is large, so that there is room for paradoxes"?
(a) Maxine Hong Kingston.
(b) Mitsuye Yamada.
(c) Barbara Smith.
8. "For it is only under a patriarchal structure that _____________ is the only social power open to women," according to Audra Lorde.
9. What does "braceros" mean?
10. According to the introduction of "And When you Leave, Take Your Pictures with You: Racism in the Women's Movement," women of color are veterans of____________.
(b) Supremacist ideals.
(c) Diminished self-worth.
(d) Class and color war.
11. Why did the author of "When I Was Growing Up"' sisters get praised?
(a) For their success in school.
(b) For their fair skin.
(c) For their success in following the rules of white society.
(d) For their rigidity following mainstream thought.
12. According to Doris Davenport, what is the cause of racism in white feminists?
(a) Bizarre oppression.
(c) Hatred of those not white.
13. According to Audre Lorde, what must exist for liberation to exist?
(d) Sense of self.
14. What does the author who was quoted at the beginning of "La Guera" hope that women can make their own?
(c) Lives and experiences.
15. What must one do to become visible, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Trust in ourselves.
(b) Succeed in the face of society.
(c) Refuse to separate the actor from thier actions.
(d) Be honored by our culture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is quoted at the beginning of "La Guera"?
2. Where does the narrator of "Wonder Woman" reflect about other women doing the same things as she does?
3. How does Doris Davenport write "women"?
4. Who wrote "Dreams of Violence"?
5. In "Wonder Woman," what does the narrator wonder about the women whom she stares at?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)