|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must one do to become visible, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Refuse to separate the actor from thier actions.
(b) Succeed in the face of society.
(c) Trust in ourselves.
(d) Be honored by our culture.
2. What does the author who was quoted at the beginning of "La Guera" hope that women can make their own?
(b) Lives and experiences.
3. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with American culture?
(a) Native American.
4. In what month in 1979, did Gloria attend a women's retreat in California?
5. Who wrote "on not bein"?
(a) Maya Angelou.
(b) Imamu Amiri Baraka.
(d) Mary Hope Lee.
6. Who confided in Cherrie Moraga that he felt she didn't trust him because he was a male?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her college mentor.
(c) A gay friend.
(d) Her brother.
7. According to Chrystos, what is no longer considered a tool that can eliminate racism?
8. Of what race is Gloria?
(b) African American.
9. Who wrote "For the Color of My Mother"?
(a) Erica Jong.
(b) Ekaterina Sedia.
(c) Rita M. Gross.
(d) Cherrie Moraga.
10. "We are women from all kinds of ____________________ streets." This statement is taken from Moraga's "Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism."
11. What state did the narrator move back to in her mind in "Dreams of Violence"?
(d) South Carolina.
12. According to Judit Moschkovich, what happens when a person denies who they are, where they come from, and how they feel?
(a) They become hardened against others.
(b) They assimilate to the societal constant.
(c) They end up hating themselves.
(d) They fail to find a place for themselves.
13. What author did the narrator from "I Am What I Am" read "thru three or four times"?
(a) James Fenimore Cooper.
(b) Arthur Miller.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
14. According to Judit Moschkovich, where is a great deal of information on Latin American available?
(a) Feminist writings.
(b) Cultural studies courses.
15. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" see on sidewalks?
(a) Torn photos.
(d) Bits of glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author want to make changes in, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
2. According to an essay by Rosario Morales in April 1980, by what does "this society" divides us?
3. What did the author of "When I Was Growing Up" long to be?
4. Where was the author of "La Guera"'s mother born?
5. From where did the quote at the beginning of "on not bein" come from?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)