Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the subject in the poem, "on not bein," not ever want to be?
2. In what year did the mother of the author of "La Guera" marry the writer's father?
3. What does the narrator croon in "I Am What I Am"?
(a) Carlos Gardel tangoes.
(b) Rafael Ithier poetry.
(c) Jorge Arraiza songs.
(d) Skitzo rap.
4. "We challenge symptoms of the disease while neglecting the _________________," as related in "The Pathology of Racism" by Davenport.
5. What does the author want to make changes in, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Personal culture.
(b) Her family.
(c) Society as a whole.
(d) Man made disasters.
6. What does "braceros" mean?
7. In "Wonder Woman," what does the narrator wonder about the women whom she stares at?
(a) If they wish to be someone else.
(b) If they share her dreams.
(c) If they notice her the way she notices them.
(d) If they are afraid of who they are.
8. According to the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman," what do "we" do when we put "acts of God" on an equal playing field with man?
(a) "Shrug off personal responsibility."
(b) "Choose to ignore honesty."
(c) "Spit on religious tradition."
(d) "Laugh in the face of humanity."
9. According to Judit Moschkovich, where is a great deal of information on Latin American available?
(a) Feminist writings.
(c) Cultural studies courses.
10. Who confided in Cherrie Moraga that he felt she didn't trust him because he was a male?
(a) A gay friend.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her college mentor.
(d) Her brother.
11. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with American culture?
(b) Native American.
12. Who is quoted at the beginning of "La Guera"?
(a) Susan Howe.
(b) May Swenson.
(c) Judith Wright.
(d) Emma Goldman.
13. Who provided the scholarship for Gloria to attend the workshop on goddesses and heroines?
(a) Merlin Stone.
(b) Toni Bambara.
(c) Donna Rushin.
(d) Cherrie Moraga.
14. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with Latin culture?
(a) European Latin cultures.
(b) Spanish cultures.
(c) Latin American cultures.
(d) Island cultures.
15. What author did the narrator from "I Am What I Am" read "thru three or four times"?
(a) Edgar Allen Poe.
(c) James Fenimore Cooper.
(d) Arthur Miller.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the footnotes for Jo Carrillo's poem "Beyond the Cliffs of Abiquiu," to what land is the poem dedicated?
2. Who wrote "on not bein"?
3. Who wrote "For the Color of My Mother"?
4. What does "la guera" mean?
5. In what month in 1979, did Gloria attend a women's retreat in California?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)