|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author who was quoted at the beginning of "La Guera" hope that women can make their own?
(c) Lives and experiences.
2. In "Dreams of Violence," who is lying beside the narrator in bed?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her dog.
3. According to "The Master's Tools Will Never Dismantle The Master's House," what must "divide and conquer" become in the world?
(a) Love and accept.
(b) Stand and fight.
(c) Define and empower.
(d) Educate and categorize.
4. What book did Mary Daly send to Audre Lorde?
(b) "Quintessence... Realizing the Archaic Future: A Radical Elemental Feminist Manifesto."
(c) "Beyond God the Father: Toward a Philosophy of Women's Liberation."
(d) "The Church and the Second Sex."
5. In what month in 1979, did Gloria attend a women's retreat in California?
6. What "problem" is addressed in the first section of the book?
(a) Gender problem.
(b) Writing problem.
(c) Color problem.
(d) Success problem.
7. According to Rosario Morales, who is capable of being racist?
(a) Only whites.
(c) Only women.
(d) Only those whom carry superiority complexes.
8. How old was the narrator's mother when she was the main support of her family? ("La Guera")
9. Why does Chrystos claim that white women are so rarely loyal?
(a) They do not know how to be.
(b) They do not have to be.
(c) They think they are above everyone else.
(d) No one has shown them loyalty in return.
10. "For it is only under a patriarchal structure that _____________ is the only social power open to women," according to Audra Lorde.
11. From the poem "And When you Leave, Take Your Pictures with You," what do "white sisters" love to own?
(a) The promise that they are better than others.
(b) Modern slaves.
(c) Pictures of "us."
12. According to Judit Moschkovich, where is a great deal of information on Latin American available?
(b) Feminist writings.
(c) Cultural studies courses.
13. Who is quoted at the beginning of the poem "on not bein"?
(a) Marilyn French.
(b) Marleen Barr.
(c) Sandy Boucher.
(d) Ntozake Shange.
14. According to Audre Lorde, what must exist for liberation to exist?
(a) Sense of self.
15. Who did the subject from "on not bein" marry?
(a) A man who made her parents mad.
(b) The man who took her virginity.
(c) The first man to ask her.
(d) Her parent's choice of husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the author of "La Guera" pulled out of school at the ages of five, seven, nine, and eleven?
2. Who wrote "on not bein"?
3. In the poem "on not bein," what is the subject's chest compared to?
4. Who wrote "It's In My Blood, My Face- My mother's Voice, The Way I Sweat"?
5. Between what two things does Chrystos believe that women of color must make a choice?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)