|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Doris Davenport, what is the cause of racism in white feminists?
(c) Hatred of those not white.
(d) Bizarre oppression.
2. Who wrote "When I Was Growing Up"?
(a) Phillis Wheatley.
(b) Qui Jin.
(c) Rita Dove.
(d) Nellie Wong.
3. What does "braceros" mean?
4. "We are women from all kinds of ____________________ streets." This statement is taken from Moraga's "Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism."
5. How old was the narrator's mother when she was the main support of her family? ("La Guera")
6. Who wrote "I Am What I Am"?
(a) Rosario Morales.
(b) Toni Morrison.
(c) Patricia Smith.
(d) Lynne Hanley.
7. "All our saints have a few taints of _________," according to "Millicent Fredericks."
8. Who is quoted at the beginning of "La Guera"?
(a) Emma Goldman.
(b) Judith Wright.
(c) Susan Howe.
(d) May Swenson.
9. What taught Cherrie Moraga that "we are not human beings"?
(a) Her oppression for being female.
(b) Her lesbianism.
(c) Her Chicana heritage.
(d) Her failure in school.
10. Rosario Morales claims that color and class do not define what two things?
(a) People or politics.
(b) Success and failure.
(c) People and culture.
(d) Quality of education and money.
11. According to Judit Moschkovich, what happens when a person denies who they are, where they come from, and how they feel?
(a) They end up hating themselves.
(b) They assimilate to the societal constant.
(c) They fail to find a place for themselves.
(d) They become hardened against others.
12. In what year did the mother of the author of "La Guera" marry the writer's father?
13. According to the introduction to the first section of the book, what will readers find voices from?
14. In "Wonder Woman," what does the narrator wonder about the women whom she stares at?
(a) If they share her dreams.
(b) If they wish to be someone else.
(c) If they are afraid of who they are.
(d) If they notice her the way she notices them.
15. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with American culture?
(d) Native American.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator of "Wonder Woman" reflect about other women doing the same things as she does?
2. What author did the narrator from "I Am What I Am" read "thru three or four times"?
3. What book did Mary Daly send to Audre Lorde?
4. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with Latin culture?
5. How does Doris Davenport write "women"?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)