|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Rosario Morales, who is capable of being racist?
(a) Only women.
(b) Only whites.
(d) Only those whom carry superiority complexes.
2. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" wonder about the professor's wife?
(a) If she is afraid.
(b) If she is an alcholic.
(c) If she is happy.
(d) If she is content.
3. What does Gabrielle Daniels claim is the only thing for which Millicent would rise?
(a) The sake of art.
4. What was the narrator of "Dreams of Violence" awakened by in the writing?
(a) School children.
(b) Gun fire.
5. According to the footnotes for Jo Carrillo's poem "Beyond the Cliffs of Abiquiu," to what land is the poem dedicated?
(b) Native Inhabitants.
(c) All Americans.
(d) A National Sacrifice area for energy.
6. Why was the author of "La Guera" pulled out of school at the ages of five, seven, nine, and eleven?
(a) To work in the fields.
(b) To take care of her ailing mother.
(c) To work in a factory.
(d) To work in a silk factory.
7. "All our saints have a few taints of _________," according to "Millicent Fredericks."
8. Who provided the scholarship for Gloria to attend the workshop on goddesses and heroines?
(a) Toni Bambara.
(b) Donna Rushin.
(c) Cherrie Moraga.
(d) Merlin Stone.
9. "Light was _________," according to the narrator in "La Guera."
10. According to the introduction to the first section of the book, what will readers find voices from?
11. According to Doris Davenport, what is wrong with the word "racism"?
(a) Too accepted.
(b) Too much incorrect history.
(c) Too specific.
(d) Too general and simplistic.
12. What did the author of "When I Was Growing Up" long to be?
13. From where did the quote at the beginning of "on not bein" come from?
(a) "Martinique's Song."
(b) "Dark Voices."
(c) "Poetic Voices."
(d) "Nappy Edges."
14. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" see on sidewalks?
(a) Bits of glass.
(b) Torn photos.
15. Where does the narrator of "Wonder Woman" reflect about other women doing the same things as she does?
Short Answer Questions
1. According the Doris Davenport, why is the feminist movement racist?
2. In what year did the mother of the author of "La Guera" marry the writer's father?
3. Who wrote "I Am What I Am"?
4. According to the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman," what do "we" do when we put "acts of God" on an equal playing field with man?
5. What "problem" is addressed in the first section of the book?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)