|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "All our saints have a few taints of _________," according to "Millicent Fredericks."
2. "We challenge symptoms of the disease while neglecting the _________________," as related in "The Pathology of Racism" by Davenport.
3. From where did the quote at the beginning of "on not bein" come from?
(a) "Dark Voices."
(b) "Nappy Edges."
(c) "Poetic Voices."
(d) "Martinique's Song."
4. In "Wonder Woman," what does the narrator wonder about the women whom she stares at?
(a) If they are afraid of who they are.
(b) If they wish to be someone else.
(c) If they share her dreams.
(d) If they notice her the way she notices them.
5. What does "braceros" mean?
6. What does the author want to make changes in, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Her family.
(b) Personal culture.
(c) Society as a whole.
(d) Man made disasters.
7. Who wrote out the checks for the author's mother when she was at the grocery store? ("La Guera")
(a) Her son.
(b) Her husband.
(c) The cashier.
(d) The author.
8. Who confided in Cherrie Moraga that he felt she didn't trust him because he was a male?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her college mentor.
(c) Her father.
(d) A gay friend.
9. What does the narrator croon in "I Am What I Am"?
(a) Skitzo rap.
(b) Carlos Gardel tangoes.
(c) Jorge Arraiza songs.
(d) Rafael Ithier poetry.
10. According to the introduction of "And When you Leave, Take Your Pictures with You: Racism in the Women's Movement," women of color are veterans of____________.
(a) Diminished self-worth.
(c) Class and color war.
(d) Supremacist ideals.
11. What does Gabrielle Daniels claim is the only thing for which Millicent would rise?
(d) The sake of art.
12. Who is quoted at the beginning of "Children Passing in the Streets" as saying, "I learned to make my mind large, as the universe is large, so that there is room for paradoxes"?
(b) Maxine Hong Kingston.
(c) Mitsuye Yamada.
(d) Barbara Smith.
13. What state did the narrator move back to in her mind in "Dreams of Violence"?
(b) South Carolina.
14. According to Audre Lorde, what must exist for liberation to exist?
(a) Sense of self.
15. Who wrote "When I Was Growing Up"?
(a) Phillis Wheatley.
(b) Rita Dove.
(c) Nellie Wong.
(d) Qui Jin.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "La Guera" written?
2. Who wrote "I Am What I Am"?
3. Who is quoted at the beginning of "La Guera"?
4. Why does Chrystos claim that white women are so rarely loyal?
5. From the poem "And When you Leave, Take Your Pictures with You," what do "white sisters" love to own?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)