|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "For the Color of My Mother"?
(a) Ekaterina Sedia.
(b) Rita M. Gross.
(c) Cherrie Moraga.
(d) Erica Jong.
2. Who wrote "Wonder Woman"?
(a) Kim Chernin.
(b) Genny Lim.
(c) Kat Long.
(d) Hattie Gossett.
3. "Light was _________," according to the narrator in "La Guera."
4. According the Doris Davenport, why is the feminist movement racist?
(a) Failure to accept all women.
(b) White women.
5. Why was the author of "La Guera" pulled out of school at the ages of five, seven, nine, and eleven?
(a) To work in a factory.
(b) To work in a silk factory.
(c) To take care of her ailing mother.
(d) To work in the fields.
6. In what year did the mother of the author of "La Guera" marry the writer's father?
7. Who wrote "La Guera"?
(a) Mary Collier.
(b) Anna Maria Lenngren.
(c) Marina Tsvetaeva.
(d) Cherrie Moragaa.
8. What does "la guera" mean?
9. According to the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman," what do "we" do when we put "acts of God" on an equal playing field with man?
(a) "Laugh in the face of humanity."
(b) "Choose to ignore honesty."
(c) "Spit on religious tradition."
(d) "Shrug off personal responsibility."
10. Who wrote "It's In My Blood, My Face- My mother's Voice, The Way I Sweat"?
(a) Evelyn Cunningham.
(b) Clare Boothe Luce.
(c) Shirley Chisholm.
(d) Anita Valerio.
11. According to Audre Lorde, what must exist for liberation to exist?
(d) Sense of self.
12. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with Latin culture?
(a) Latin American cultures.
(b) European Latin cultures.
(c) Spanish cultures.
(d) Island cultures.
13. Where did the author of "La Guera's" mother work while lying about her age?
(a) A sandwich shop.
(b) A factory.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A racetrack.
14. According to the introduction to the first section of the book, what will readers find voices from?
15. What author did the narrator from "I Am What I Am" read "thru three or four times"?
(a) James Fenimore Cooper.
(b) Arthur Miller.
(d) Edgar Allen Poe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Chrystos claim that white women are so rarely loyal?
2. According to Rosario Morales, who is capable of being racist?
3. What nationality does the narrator of "I Am What I Am" find funny in the way that they speak?
4. According to Doris Davenport, what is the cause of racism in white feminists?
5. What is Latin American culture dominated by as related in "But I know You, American Woman"?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)