|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the subject in the poem, "on not bein," not ever want to be?
2. "We are women from all kinds of ____________________ streets." This statement is taken from Moraga's "Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism."
3. According to Rosario Morales, who is capable of being racist?
(b) Only women.
(c) Only whites.
(d) Only those whom carry superiority complexes.
4. "For it is only under a patriarchal structure that _____________ is the only social power open to women," according to Audra Lorde.
5. What does the author want to make changes in, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Her family.
(b) Personal culture.
(c) Man made disasters.
(d) Society as a whole.
6. According to the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman," what do "we" do when we put "acts of God" on an equal playing field with man?
(a) "Shrug off personal responsibility."
(b) "Choose to ignore honesty."
(c) "Spit on religious tradition."
(d) "Laugh in the face of humanity."
7. Who staffs the Buen Muir Indian Trading Post?
8. According to Doris Davenport, what is the cause of racism in white feminists?
(c) Bizarre oppression.
(d) Hatred of those not white.
9. Where was the author of "La Guera"'s mother born?
(c) San Jose.
(d) Santa Paula.
10. What does Gabrielle Daniels claim is the only thing for which Millicent would rise?
(c) The sake of art.
11. Where does the narrator of "Wonder Woman" reflect about other women doing the same things as she does?
12. What "problem" is addressed in the first section of the book?
(a) Gender problem.
(b) Success problem.
(c) Writing problem.
(d) Color problem.
13. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" see on sidewalks?
(c) Torn photos.
(d) Bits of glass.
14. What was the name of the anthology that the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman" taught for a segment of Ethnic American Literature?
(a) "Echoes Upon Echoes: New Korean American Writings."
(b) "Voices Wandered: An Anthology of Poetry Art by Asian American Youth."
(d) "Topography of War."
15. "We challenge symptoms of the disease while neglecting the _________________," as related in "The Pathology of Racism" by Davenport.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
2. What state did the narrator move back to in her mind in "Dreams of Violence"?
3. What word did Gloria and Merlin wish to define for themselves, based upon their choice to leave a national feminist writers movement?
4. Why does Chrystos claim that white women are so rarely loyal?
5. What does "la guera" mean?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)