|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Chrystos claim that white women are so rarely loyal?
(a) They do not have to be.
(b) They think they are above everyone else.
(c) They do not know how to be.
(d) No one has shown them loyalty in return.
2. What is Latin American culture dominated by as related in "But I know You, American Woman"?
(a) Native American culture.
(b) European culture.
(c) Spanish culture.
(d) American mass culture.
3. "We are women from all kinds of ____________________ streets." This statement is taken from Moraga's "Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism."
4. What does Gabrielle Daniels claim is the only thing for which Millicent would rise?
(b) The sake of art.
5. Who wrote "When I Was Growing Up"?
(a) Nellie Wong.
(b) Qui Jin.
(c) Rita Dove.
(d) Phillis Wheatley.
6. According to Rosario Morales, who is capable of being racist?
(b) Only those whom carry superiority complexes.
(c) Only women.
(d) Only whites.
7. According to Chrystos, what is no longer considered a tool that can eliminate racism?
8. What does "la guera" mean?
9. Who wrote "Dreams of Violence"?
(a) Martha Georga.
(b) Sarah James.
(c) Naomi Littlebear.
(d) Aaliyah Haughton.
10. What does Audre Lorde consider wasted energy, as related in"An Open Letter To Mary Daly"?
(a) Trying to be a feminist.
(b) Trying to change racism.
(c) Speaking to white women about racism.
(d) Speaking to feminists about racism.
11. From where did the quote at the beginning of "on not bein" come from?
(a) "Nappy Edges."
(b) "Martinique's Song."
(c) "Poetic Voices."
(d) "Dark Voices."
12. Between what two things does Chrystos believe that women of color must make a choice?
(a) Womanhood and motherhood.
(b) Culture and Americanism.
(c) Love of place and love of self.
(d) Ethnicity and womanhood.
13. Who did the subject from "on not bein" marry?
(a) The first man to ask her.
(b) A man who made her parents mad.
(c) Her parent's choice of husband.
(d) The man who took her virginity.
14. Where was the author of "La Guera"'s mother born?
(a) San Jose.
(d) Santa Paula.
15. In what month in 1979, did Gloria attend a women's retreat in California?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author want to make changes in, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
2. According to the introduction to the first section of the book, what will readers find voices from?
3. Who is quoted at the beginning of "Children Passing in the Streets" as saying, "I learned to make my mind large, as the universe is large, so that there is room for paradoxes"?
4. "We challenge symptoms of the disease while neglecting the _________________," as related in "The Pathology of Racism" by Davenport.
5. According to Judit Moschkovich, what happens when a person denies who they are, where they come from, and how they feel?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)