|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Dreams of Violence," who is lying beside the narrator in bed?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her dog.
(d) Her lover.
2. Who is quoted at the beginning of the poem "on not bein"?
(a) Marleen Barr.
(b) Marilyn French.
(c) Ntozake Shange.
(d) Sandy Boucher.
3. What does Chrystos declare that she is afraid of in "I Don't Understand Those Who Have Turned Away From Me"?
(b) Her own culture.
(d) White people.
4. What does the author who was quoted at the beginning of "La Guera" hope that women can make their own?
(d) Lives and experiences.
5. According to Judit Moschkovich, where is a great deal of information on Latin American available?
(c) Cultural studies courses.
(d) Feminist writings.
6. According to Judit Moschkovich, what happens when a person denies who they are, where they come from, and how they feel?
(a) They assimilate to the societal constant.
(b) They fail to find a place for themselves.
(c) They end up hating themselves.
(d) They become hardened against others.
7. What does the narrator say she is in "I Am What I Am"?
(a) A U.S. American.
(b) An African American.
(c) A Spaniard.
(d) A Mexican.
8. According to Rosario Morales, who is capable of being racist?
(a) Only those whom carry superiority complexes.
(c) Only whites.
(d) Only women.
9. Who confided in Cherrie Moraga that he felt she didn't trust him because he was a male?
(a) Her father.
(b) A gay friend.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her college mentor.
10. Who wrote "I Am What I Am"?
(a) Toni Morrison.
(b) Rosario Morales.
(c) Lynne Hanley.
(d) Patricia Smith.
11. When was "La Guera" written?
(a) July, 1956.
(b) September, 1979.
(c) January, 1990.
(d) October, 1963.
12. What was the name of the anthology that the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman" taught for a segment of Ethnic American Literature?
(a) "Topography of War."
(c) "Voices Wandered: An Anthology of Poetry Art by Asian American Youth."
(d) "Echoes Upon Echoes: New Korean American Writings."
13. What word have feminists "had it with"?
14. What did the author of "When I Was Growing Up" long to be?
15. Who is quoted at the beginning of "La Guera"?
(a) Emma Goldman.
(b) Judith Wright.
(c) Susan Howe.
(d) May Swenson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "on not bein"?
2. In what month in 1979, did Gloria attend a women's retreat in California?
3. Where was the author of "La Guera"'s mother born?
4. Rosario Morales claims that color and class do not define what two things?
5. What book did Mary Daly send to Audre Lorde?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)