|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word have feminists "had it with"?
2. According to Doris Davenport, what is wrong with the word "racism"?
(a) Too accepted.
(b) Too specific.
(c) Too general and simplistic.
(d) Too much incorrect history.
3. According to the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman," what do "we" do when we put "acts of God" on an equal playing field with man?
(a) "Shrug off personal responsibility."
(b) "Laugh in the face of humanity."
(c) "Spit on religious tradition."
(d) "Choose to ignore honesty."
4. What author did the narrator from "I Am What I Am" read "thru three or four times"?
(b) James Fenimore Cooper.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
(d) Arthur Miller.
5. Rosario Morales claims that color and class do not define what two things?
(a) People and culture.
(b) Success and failure.
(c) Quality of education and money.
(d) People or politics.
6. Who wrote out the checks for the author's mother when she was at the grocery store? ("La Guera")
(a) The cashier.
(b) The author.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her husband.
7. Between what two things does Chrystos believe that women of color must make a choice?
(a) Ethnicity and womanhood.
(b) Love of place and love of self.
(c) Culture and Americanism.
(d) Womanhood and motherhood.
8. What does Audre Lorde consider wasted energy, as related in"An Open Letter To Mary Daly"?
(a) Speaking to white women about racism.
(b) Trying to change racism.
(c) Trying to be a feminist.
(d) Speaking to feminists about racism.
9. What does the author who was quoted at the beginning of "La Guera" hope that women can make their own?
(c) Lives and experiences.
10. According to Doris Davenport, what is the cause of racism in white feminists?
(c) Hatred of those not white.
(d) Bizarre oppression.
11. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" see on sidewalks?
(b) Torn photos.
(c) Bits of glass.
12. Who did the subject from "on not bein" marry?
(a) The man who took her virginity.
(b) Her parent's choice of husband.
(c) A man who made her parents mad.
(d) The first man to ask her.
13. Where did the narrator of "I Am What I Am" get her English accent from?
(a) The BBC.
(b) National Geographic Channel.
(c) Gospel Songs.
(d) Sesame Street.
14. Who wrote "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Wendy Law-Yone.
(b) Gish Jen.
(c) Theresa Hak Kyung Cha.
(d) Mitsuye Yamada.
15. "We challenge symptoms of the disease while neglecting the _________________," as related in "The Pathology of Racism" by Davenport.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "For the Color of My Mother"?
2. Who wrote "La Guera"?
3. According to Chrystos, what is no longer considered a tool that can eliminate racism?
4. What was the narrator of "Dreams of Violence" awakened by in the writing?
5. Why does Chrystos claim that white women are so rarely loyal?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)