|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the narrator in the poem "For the Color of My Mother" when she was two?
(a) She broke her leg.
(b) She fell off of a roof.
(c) She was attacked by a dog.
(d) She split her lip open.
2. "Light was _________," according to the narrator in "La Guera."
3. Who did the subject from "on not bein" marry?
(a) The first man to ask her.
(b) Her parent's choice of husband.
(c) The man who took her virginity.
(d) A man who made her parents mad.
4. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" see on sidewalks?
(c) Torn photos.
(d) Bits of glass.
5. Between what two things does Chrystos believe that women of color must make a choice?
(a) Love of place and love of self.
(b) Womanhood and motherhood.
(c) Culture and Americanism.
(d) Ethnicity and womanhood.
6. What does Gabrielle Daniels claim is the only thing for which Millicent would rise?
(a) The sake of art.
7. Who wrote "It's In My Blood, My Face- My mother's Voice, The Way I Sweat"?
(a) Evelyn Cunningham.
(b) Anita Valerio.
(c) Clare Boothe Luce.
(d) Shirley Chisholm.
8. In what month in 1979, did Gloria attend a women's retreat in California?
9. According to a reference to another author in "La Guera," where must one look to find the dream?
(a) The ego.
(b) The inner self.
(c) To the past.
(d) The nightmare.
10. Why did the author of "When I Was Growing Up"' sisters get praised?
(a) For their success in school.
(b) For their success in following the rules of white society.
(c) For their rigidity following mainstream thought.
(d) For their fair skin.
11. What did the author of "When I Was Growing Up" long to be?
12. According to Judit Moschkovich, what happens when a person denies who they are, where they come from, and how they feel?
(a) They assimilate to the societal constant.
(b) They end up hating themselves.
(c) They fail to find a place for themselves.
(d) They become hardened against others.
13. Who provided the scholarship for Gloria to attend the workshop on goddesses and heroines?
(a) Cherrie Moraga.
(b) Merlin Stone.
(c) Toni Bambara.
(d) Donna Rushin.
14. What nationality does the narrator of "I Am What I Am" find funny in the way that they speak?
15. According to an essay by Rosario Morales in April 1980, by what does "this society" divides us?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chrystos declare that she is afraid of in "I Don't Understand Those Who Have Turned Away From Me"?
2. What word have feminists "had it with"?
3. What does "braceros" mean?
4. Who staffs the Buen Muir Indian Trading Post?
5. Who wrote out the checks for the author's mother when she was at the grocery store? ("La Guera")
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)