|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Theresa Hak Kyung Cha.
(b) Gish Jen.
(c) Wendy Law-Yone.
(d) Mitsuye Yamada.
2. What does Gabrielle Daniels claim is the only thing for which Millicent would rise?
(d) The sake of art.
3. Who is quoted at the beginning of the poem "on not bein"?
(a) Sandy Boucher.
(b) Marilyn French.
(c) Ntozake Shange.
(d) Marleen Barr.
4. "Women who must sell _________________ for pennies a day" is a quote from "Wonder Woman."
(a) Their own garden items.
(b) Their children.
5. What must one do to become visible, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Trust in ourselves.
(b) Succeed in the face of society.
(c) Refuse to separate the actor from thier actions.
(d) Be honored by our culture.
6. "For it is only under a patriarchal structure that _____________ is the only social power open to women," according to Audra Lorde.
7. According to a reference to another author in "La Guera," where must one look to find the dream?
(a) To the past.
(b) The inner self.
(c) The nightmare.
(d) The ego.
8. According to Chrystos, what is no longer considered a tool that can eliminate racism?
9. What word did Gloria and Merlin wish to define for themselves, based upon their choice to leave a national feminist writers movement?
10. "We are women from all kinds of ____________________ streets." This statement is taken from Moraga's "Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism."
11. Who staffs the Buen Muir Indian Trading Post?
12. Who wrote "Dreams of Violence"?
(a) Sarah James.
(b) Naomi Littlebear.
(c) Aaliyah Haughton.
(d) Martha Georga.
13. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with American culture?
(c) Native American.
14. Who wrote "Wonder Woman"?
(a) Kat Long.
(b) Genny Lim.
(c) Hattie Gossett.
(d) Kim Chernin.
15. What does "braceros" mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "For the Color of My Mother"?
2. Why did the author of "When I Was Growing Up"' sisters get praised?
3. Who is quoted at the beginning of "La Guera"?
4. How does Doris Davenport write "women"?
5. Who confided in Cherrie Moraga that he felt she didn't trust him because he was a male?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)