|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "Dreams of Violence"?
(a) Martha Georga.
(b) Naomi Littlebear.
(c) Sarah James.
(d) Aaliyah Haughton.
2. "Women who must sell _________________ for pennies a day" is a quote from "Wonder Woman."
(b) Their children.
(d) Their own garden items.
3. What did the author of "When I Was Growing Up" long to be?
4. According to the introduction of "And When you Leave, Take Your Pictures with You: Racism in the Women's Movement," women of color are veterans of____________.
(a) Class and color war.
(b) Diminished self-worth.
(d) Supremacist ideals.
5. What was the narrator of "Dreams of Violence" awakened by in the writing?
(a) School children.
(d) Gun fire.
6. Who wrote "It's In My Blood, My Face- My mother's Voice, The Way I Sweat"?
(a) Anita Valerio.
(b) Evelyn Cunningham.
(c) Clare Boothe Luce.
(d) Shirley Chisholm.
7. What was the name of the anthology that the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman" taught for a segment of Ethnic American Literature?
(a) "Topography of War."
(c) "Echoes Upon Echoes: New Korean American Writings."
(d) "Voices Wandered: An Anthology of Poetry Art by Asian American Youth."
8. Who wrote "For the Color of My Mother"?
(a) Ekaterina Sedia.
(b) Rita M. Gross.
(c) Cherrie Moraga.
(d) Erica Jong.
9. Where did the narrator of "I Am What I Am" get her English accent from?
(a) Gospel Songs.
(b) Sesame Street.
(c) National Geographic Channel.
(d) The BBC.
10. Who wrote "on not bein"?
(a) Imamu Amiri Baraka.
(c) Maya Angelou.
(d) Mary Hope Lee.
11. "Light was _________," according to the narrator in "La Guera."
12. What does the narrator croon in "I Am What I Am"?
(a) Carlos Gardel tangoes.
(b) Jorge Arraiza songs.
(c) Rafael Ithier poetry.
(d) Skitzo rap.
13. According to Chrystos, what is no longer considered a tool that can eliminate racism?
14. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with Latin culture?
(a) European Latin cultures.
(b) Island cultures.
(c) Latin American cultures.
(d) Spanish cultures.
15. According the Doris Davenport, why is the feminist movement racist?
(b) Failure to accept all women.
(c) White women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "braceros" mean?
2. According to a reference to another author in "La Guera," where must one look to find the dream?
3. According to Doris Davenport, what is the cause of racism in white feminists?
4. Who wrote "La Guera"?
5. What word have feminists "had it with"?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)