|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "on not bein"?
(a) Maya Angelou.
(c) Imamu Amiri Baraka.
(d) Mary Hope Lee.
2. Who wrote "Wonder Woman"?
(a) Hattie Gossett.
(b) Kim Chernin.
(c) Genny Lim.
(d) Kat Long.
3. What did the author of "When I Was Growing Up" long to be?
4. What word did Gloria and Merlin wish to define for themselves, based upon their choice to leave a national feminist writers movement?
5. Rosario Morales claims that color and class do not define what two things?
(a) Quality of education and money.
(b) People and culture.
(c) Success and failure.
(d) People or politics.
6. What does Gabrielle Daniels claim is the only thing for which Millicent would rise?
(b) The sake of art.
7. According to the introduction to the first section of the book, what will readers find voices from?
8. How old was the narrator's mother when she was the main support of her family? ("La Guera")
9. According to "The Master's Tools Will Never Dismantle The Master's House," what must "divide and conquer" become in the world?
(a) Stand and fight.
(b) Define and empower.
(c) Educate and categorize.
(d) Love and accept.
10. "We challenge symptoms of the disease while neglecting the _________________," as related in "The Pathology of Racism" by Davenport.
11. According to Rosario Morales, who is capable of being racist?
(a) Only whites.
(b) Only those whom carry superiority complexes.
(d) Only women.
12. What does the narrator say she is in "I Am What I Am"?
(a) A U.S. American.
(b) A Spaniard.
(c) A Mexican.
(d) An African American.
13. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" see on sidewalks?
(c) Bits of glass.
(d) Torn photos.
14. What does the author who was quoted at the beginning of "La Guera" hope that women can make their own?
(c) Lives and experiences.
15. According to the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman," what do "we" do when we put "acts of God" on an equal playing field with man?
(a) "Choose to ignore honesty."
(b) "Laugh in the face of humanity."
(c) "Shrug off personal responsibility."
(d) "Spit on religious tradition."
Short Answer Questions
1. "All our saints have a few taints of _________," according to "Millicent Fredericks."
2. Where did the narrator of "I Am What I Am" get her English accent from?
3. Who is quoted at the beginning of the poem "on not bein"?
4. "Light was _________," according to the narrator in "La Guera."
5. According to Judit Moschkovich, where is a great deal of information on Latin American available?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)