|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "La Guera" written?
(a) January, 1990.
(b) July, 1956.
(c) October, 1963.
(d) September, 1979.
2. Who wrote "La Guera"?
(a) Mary Collier.
(b) Cherrie Moragaa.
(c) Marina Tsvetaeva.
(d) Anna Maria Lenngren.
3. Who wrote "For the Color of My Mother"?
(a) Rita M. Gross.
(b) Ekaterina Sedia.
(c) Erica Jong.
(d) Cherrie Moraga.
4. Where was the author of "La Guera"'s mother born?
(b) San Jose.
(c) Santa Paula.
5. Who wrote "I Am What I Am"?
(a) Lynne Hanley.
(b) Patricia Smith.
(c) Rosario Morales.
(d) Toni Morrison.
6. According to Audre Lorde, what must exist for liberation to exist?
(c) Sense of self.
7. "All our saints have a few taints of _________," according to "Millicent Fredericks."
8. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with Latin culture?
(a) Island cultures.
(b) Latin American cultures.
(c) Spanish cultures.
(d) European Latin cultures.
9. According to Judit Moschkovich, what happens when a person denies who they are, where they come from, and how they feel?
(a) They fail to find a place for themselves.
(b) They end up hating themselves.
(c) They become hardened against others.
(d) They assimilate to the societal constant.
10. What is Latin American culture dominated by as related in "But I know You, American Woman"?
(a) European culture.
(b) Spanish culture.
(c) Native American culture.
(d) American mass culture.
11. Of what race is Gloria?
(d) African American.
12. What does "la guera" mean?
13. Who wrote "It's In My Blood, My Face- My mother's Voice, The Way I Sweat"?
(a) Evelyn Cunningham.
(b) Clare Boothe Luce.
(c) Shirley Chisholm.
(d) Anita Valerio.
14. What did the author of "When I Was Growing Up" long to be?
15. What was the name of the anthology that the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman" taught for a segment of Ethnic American Literature?
(b) "Voices Wandered: An Anthology of Poetry Art by Asian American Youth."
(c) "Topography of War."
(d) "Echoes Upon Echoes: New Korean American Writings."
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Wonder Woman," what does the narrator wonder about the women whom she stares at?
2. Who provided the scholarship for Gloria to attend the workshop on goddesses and heroines?
3. Who staffs the Buen Muir Indian Trading Post?
4. What does Chrystos declare that she is afraid of in "I Don't Understand Those Who Have Turned Away From Me"?
5. What does Gabrielle Daniels claim is the only thing for which Millicent would rise?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)