|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does "la guera" mean?
2. What did the author of "When I Was Growing Up" long to be?
3. How old was the narrator's mother when she was the main support of her family? ("La Guera")
4. Who wrote "Dreams of Violence"?
(a) Sarah James.
(b) Martha Georga.
(c) Naomi Littlebear.
(d) Aaliyah Haughton.
5. According to Chrystos, what is no longer considered a tool that can eliminate racism?
6. In what year did the mother of the author of "La Guera" marry the writer's father?
7. In the poem "on not bein," what is the subject's chest compared to?
(c) Hershey's kisses.
8. What book did Mary Daly send to Audre Lorde?
(a) "Beyond God the Father: Toward a Philosophy of Women's Liberation."
(c) "Quintessence... Realizing the Archaic Future: A Radical Elemental Feminist Manifesto."
(d) "The Church and the Second Sex."
9. What is Latin American culture dominated by as related in "But I know You, American Woman"?
(a) Spanish culture.
(b) European culture.
(c) Native American culture.
(d) American mass culture.
10. According to Cherrie Moraga, what does lesbianism equal in "this country"?
(c) Second-class citizenship.
11. "We are women from all kinds of ____________________ streets." This statement is taken from Moraga's "Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism."
12. What does the narrator say she is in "I Am What I Am"?
(a) A U.S. American.
(b) An African American.
(c) A Spaniard.
(d) A Mexican.
13. Who wrote "The Brown Menace/Poem to the Survival of Roaches"?
(a) Tee Corinne.
(b) Gayl Jones.
(c) Audre Lorde.
(d) Hattie Gossett.
14. In what month in 1979, did Gloria attend a women's retreat in California?
15. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with American culture?
(a) Native American.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" wonder about the professor's wife?
2. According to the introduction to the first section of the book, what will readers find voices from?
3. From where did the quote at the beginning of "on not bein" come from?
4. "Women who must sell _________________ for pennies a day" is a quote from "Wonder Woman."
5. Where did the narrator of "I Am What I Am" get her English accent from?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)