|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "The Brown Menace/Poem to the Survival of Roaches"?
(a) Audre Lorde.
(b) Gayl Jones.
(c) Tee Corinne.
(d) Hattie Gossett.
2. What must one do to become visible, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
(a) Refuse to separate the actor from thier actions.
(b) Be honored by our culture.
(c) Succeed in the face of society.
(d) Trust in ourselves.
3. What word did Gloria and Merlin wish to define for themselves, based upon their choice to leave a national feminist writers movement?
4. Who wrote "When I Was Growing Up"?
(a) Phillis Wheatley.
(b) Rita Dove.
(c) Qui Jin.
(d) Nellie Wong.
5. According to an essay by Rosario Morales in April 1980, by what does "this society" divides us?
6. Why was the author of "La Guera" pulled out of school at the ages of five, seven, nine, and eleven?
(a) To take care of her ailing mother.
(b) To work in a silk factory.
(c) To work in a factory.
(d) To work in the fields.
7. What is Latin American culture dominated by as related in "But I know You, American Woman"?
(a) Native American culture.
(b) American mass culture.
(c) European culture.
(d) Spanish culture.
8. What does Audre Lorde consider wasted energy, as related in"An Open Letter To Mary Daly"?
(a) Trying to change racism.
(b) Trying to be a feminist.
(c) Speaking to feminists about racism.
(d) Speaking to white women about racism.
9. Where did the narrator of "I Am What I Am" get her English accent from?
(a) Gospel Songs.
(b) The BBC.
(c) Sesame Street.
(d) National Geographic Channel.
10. What author did the narrator from "I Am What I Am" read "thru three or four times"?
(b) James Fenimore Cooper.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
(d) Arthur Miller.
11. Rosario Morales claims that color and class do not define what two things?
(a) People or politics.
(b) Quality of education and money.
(c) Success and failure.
(d) People and culture.
12. Where does the narrator of "Wonder Woman" reflect about other women doing the same things as she does?
13. What word have feminists "had it with"?
14. "We challenge symptoms of the disease while neglecting the _________________," as related in "The Pathology of Racism" by Davenport.
15. What was the narrator of "Dreams of Violence" awakened by in the writing?
(a) School children.
(d) Gun fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with Latin culture?
2. Who confided in Cherrie Moraga that he felt she didn't trust him because he was a male?
3. Of what race is Gloria?
4. According to Judit Moschkovich, what happens when a person denies who they are, where they come from, and how they feel?
5. Why does Chrystos claim that white women are so rarely loyal?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)