Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism
1. What does the first section of the book speak about?
2. In the poem "When I was Growing Up," what was life like for Nellie Wong?
3. How do the poems "When I Was Growing Up" and "on not being" differ by point-of-view?
4. Why did the woman in Lee's "on not bein" marry the first man who proposed?
5. What does Rosario Morales say that she is in "I am What I Am"?
This section contains 1,070 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)