|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through El Mundo Zurdo: The Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Malintzin's lover?
2. According to Judit Moschkovich, what happens when a person denies who they are, where they come from, and how they feel?
(a) They end up hating themselves.
(b) They fail to find a place for themselves.
(c) They assimilate to the societal constant.
(d) They become hardened against others.
3. What did the author of "When I Was Growing Up" long to be?
4. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with Latin culture?
(a) Spanish cultures.
(b) European Latin cultures.
(c) Latin American cultures.
(d) Island cultures.
5. Why does Nellie Wong bring up Sylvia Plath and Anne Sexton?
(a) They are black.
(b) They endorsed her writings.
(c) They killed themselves.
(d) They spoke about the women's movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote the book "Bloodroots"?
2. What is no black person in this country surprised about? (Smith/Smith dialogue)
3. "Your skin must be sensitive for the lightest _____________ and thick enough to ward off the ___________________." ("Speaking in Tongues: A Letter to 3rd World Women Writers")
4. According to Cheryl Clarke, of whom are black women envious?
5. "We challenge symptoms of the disease while neglecting the _________________," as related in "The Pathology of Racism" by Davenport.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)