|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through El Mundo Zurdo: The Vision.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the author of "La Guera" pulled out of school at the ages of five, seven, nine, and eleven?
(a) To work in a factory.
(b) To take care of her ailing mother.
(c) To work in a silk factory.
(d) To work in the fields.
2. Who wrote "I Am What I Am"?
(a) Patricia Smith.
(b) Lynne Hanley.
(c) Rosario Morales.
(d) Toni Morrison.
3. In "La Prieta," what are "old selves" compared to?
(a) A first love.
(b) A favorite pair of jeans.
(c) An old shoe.
(d) A ratty t-shirt.
4. Combahee River Collective defined the American political system as________________.
(a) Male dominated rulemakers.
(b) A collaborative of all Americans as rulemakers.
(c) White male rule.
(d) White (male and female) rulemakers.
5. According to Cherrie Moraga, what does lesbianism equal in "this country"?
(d) Second-class citizenship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Beverly Smith get "so frustrated"?
2. What does Chrystos use to "mark out the space I am"?
3. How does a woman who chooses to be a lesbian, according to Cheryl Clarke, live?
4. According to "The Master's Tools Will Never Dismantle The Master's House," what must "divide and conquer" become in the world?
5. What did Naomi Littlebear say she tried to exorcise?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)