|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Between the Lines: On Culture, Class and Homophobia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Merle Woo claims that being a Chinese man in America makes the man a victim of _______________.
(a) All races outside of Chinese.
(b) Chinese women.
(c) Mind and body.
(d) Sexism and racism.
2. How does Doris Davenport write "women"?
3. Mirtha Quintanales claims that there is no such thing as __________.
(d) A melting pot.
4. According to Barbara Smith, what does one woman state as the reason for not watching television?
(a) She is an intellectual.
(b) Television gives such a twisted interpretation of life.
(c) She wants to live in reality, and television is fiction.
(d) She is afraid of the news.
5. From where did the quote at the beginning of "on not bein" come from?
(a) "Nappy Edges."
(b) "Poetic Voices."
(c) "Dark Voices."
(d) "Martinique's Song."
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did the subject from "on not bein" marry?
2. When was "La Guera" written?
3. In "Wonder Woman," what does the narrator wonder about the women whom she stares at?
4. To whom is Merle Woo's letter written to? (January, 1980)
5. "We are women from all kinds of ____________________ streets." This statement is taken from Moraga's "Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism."
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)