|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through And When you Leave, Take Your Pictures with You: Racism in the Women's Movement.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Doris Davenport, what is wrong with the word "racism"?
(a) Too much incorrect history.
(b) Too general and simplistic.
(c) Too specific.
(d) Too accepted.
2. Where was the author of "La Guera"'s mother born?
(a) San Jose.
(d) Santa Paula.
3. Who confided in Cherrie Moraga that he felt she didn't trust him because he was a male?
(a) Her college mentor.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) A gay friend.
4. What state did the narrator move back to in her mind in "Dreams of Violence"?
(d) South Carolina.
5. Who did the subject from "on not bein" marry?
(a) The first man to ask her.
(b) The man who took her virginity.
(c) Her parent's choice of husband.
(d) A man who made her parents mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Judit Moschkovich, where is a great deal of information on Latin American available?
2. From the poem "And When you Leave, Take Your Pictures with You," what do "white sisters" love to own?
3. Who wrote out the checks for the author's mother when she was at the grocery store? ("La Guera")
4. What author did the narrator from "I Am What I Am" read "thru three or four times"?
5. In the poem "on not bein," what is the subject's chest compared to?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)