|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Entering the Lives of Others: Theory in the Flesh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month in 1979, did Gloria attend a women's retreat in California?
2. "We are women from all kinds of ____________________ streets." This statement is taken from Moraga's "Introduction and Children Passing in the Streets: The Roots of Our Radicalism."
3. Who wrote "on not bein"?
(b) Imamu Amiri Baraka.
(c) Maya Angelou.
(d) Mary Hope Lee.
4. Who is quoted at the beginning of the poem "on not bein"?
(a) Ntozake Shange.
(b) Marilyn French.
(c) Marleen Barr.
(d) Sandy Boucher.
5. In the poem "on not bein," what is the subject's chest compared to?
(d) Hershey's kisses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the author of "La Guera"'s mother born?
2. What did the subject in the poem, "on not bein," not ever want to be?
3. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" wonder about the professor's wife?
4. What does the narrator say she is in "I Am What I Am"?
5. What nationality does the narrator of "I Am What I Am" find funny in the way that they speak?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)