|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Entering the Lives of Others: Theory in the Flesh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the anthology that the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman" taught for a segment of Ethnic American Literature?
(a) "Echoes Upon Echoes: New Korean American Writings."
(c) "Voices Wandered: An Anthology of Poetry Art by Asian American Youth."
(d) "Topography of War."
2. What state did the narrator move back to in her mind in "Dreams of Violence"?
(b) South Carolina.
3. According to the introduction, for whom do Third World women put themselves on the line for?
(a) Their homelands.
(b) Their darker sisters.
(c) Their selves.
(d) Their parents.
4. What does "braceros" mean?
5. What word did Gloria and Merlin wish to define for themselves, based upon their choice to leave a national feminist writers movement?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the author of "La Guera"'s mother born?
2. What does the author who was quoted at the beginning of "La Guera" hope that women can make their own?
3. What nationality does the narrator of "I Am What I Am" find funny in the way that they speak?
4. What must one do to become visible, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
5. What author did the narrator from "I Am What I Am" read "thru three or four times"?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)