|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Entering the Lives of Others: Theory in the Flesh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the narrator of "Dreams of Violence" awakened by in the writing?
(a) School children.
(d) Gun fire.
2. Why was the author of "La Guera" pulled out of school at the ages of five, seven, nine, and eleven?
(a) To work in a factory.
(b) To take care of her ailing mother.
(c) To work in the fields.
(d) To work in a silk factory.
3. Where does the narrator of "Wonder Woman" reflect about other women doing the same things as she does?
4. In what year did the mother of the author of "La Guera" marry the writer's father?
5. Who did the subject from "on not bein" marry?
(a) The first man to ask her.
(b) Her parent's choice of husband.
(c) The man who took her virginity.
(d) A man who made her parents mad.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Women who must sell _________________ for pennies a day" is a quote from "Wonder Woman."
2. What state did the narrator move back to in her mind in "Dreams of Violence"?
3. What does the author who was quoted at the beginning of "La Guera" hope that women can make their own?
4. Who provided the scholarship for Gloria to attend the workshop on goddesses and heroines?
5. Who wrote "La Guera"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)