|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Entering the Lives of Others: Theory in the Flesh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote out the checks for the author's mother when she was at the grocery store? ("La Guera")
(a) Her son.
(b) The author.
(c) Her husband.
(d) The cashier.
2. Who confided in Cherrie Moraga that he felt she didn't trust him because he was a male?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her college mentor.
(d) A gay friend.
3. What word did Gloria and Merlin wish to define for themselves, based upon their choice to leave a national feminist writers movement?
4. What did the subject in the poem, "on not bein," not ever want to be?
5. What does "la guera" mean?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Light was _________," according to the narrator in "La Guera."
2. According to the author of "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman," what do "we" do when we put "acts of God" on an equal playing field with man?
3. According to the introduction, for whom do Third World women put themselves on the line for?
4. Who is quoted at the beginning of "Children Passing in the Streets" as saying, "I learned to make my mind large, as the universe is large, so that there is room for paradoxes"?
5. Why was the author of "La Guera" pulled out of school at the ages of five, seven, nine, and eleven?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)