|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Speaking in Tongues: The Third World Woman Writer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a woman who chooses to be a lesbian, according to Cheryl Clarke, live?
(b) In hiding.
2. According to Cheryl Clarke, how many different kinds of lesbians are there?
(a) There is only one kind of lesbian.
(b) There are four specific types of lesbians.
(c) There is not only one kind of lesbian.
(d) There are two types of lesbians.
3. "Light was _________," according to the narrator in "La Guera."
4. What happened to the narrator in the poem "For the Color of My Mother" when she was two?
(a) She split her lip open.
(b) She was attacked by a dog.
(c) She broke her leg.
(d) She fell off of a roof.
5. How many months did it take for Hattie Gossett to edit her book "my soul looks back in wonder/wild wimmin don't get no blues" written?
(a) Twelve months.
(b) One month.
(c) Three months.
(d) Seven months.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is quoted at the beginning of "La Guera"?
2. Who was Malintzin?
3. According to a reference to another author in "La Guera," where must one look to find the dream?
4. According to Audre Lorde, what must exist for liberation to exist?
5. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" see on sidewalks?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)