|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Speaking in Tongues: The Third World Woman Writer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote "For the Color of My Mother"?
(a) Cherrie Moraga.
(b) Ekaterina Sedia.
(c) Erica Jong.
(d) Rita M. Gross.
2. What is no black person in this country surprised about? (Smith/Smith dialogue)
3. According to the introduction, for whom do Third World women put themselves on the line for?
(a) Their selves.
(b) Their homelands.
(c) Their darker sisters.
(d) Their parents.
4. "Light was _________," according to the narrator in "La Guera."
5. What does Chrystos declare that she is afraid of in "I Don't Understand Those Who Have Turned Away From Me"?
(a) Her own culture.
(b) White people.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the introduction of "And When you Leave, Take Your Pictures with You: Racism in the Women's Movement," women of color are veterans of____________.
2. What culture does Judit Moschkovich align with Latin culture?
3. Who is quoted at the beginning of "La Guera"?
4. Why does Beverly Smith get "so frustrated"?
5. What does Hattie Gossett claim nobody cares about in the '80s?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)