|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Entering the Lives of Others: Theory in the Flesh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to a reference to another author in "La Guera," where must one look to find the dream?
(a) To the past.
(b) The ego.
(c) The nightmare.
(d) The inner self.
2. Why did the author of "When I Was Growing Up"' sisters get praised?
(a) For their success in school.
(b) For their rigidity following mainstream thought.
(c) For their success in following the rules of white society.
(d) For their fair skin.
3. What author did the narrator from "I Am What I Am" read "thru three or four times"?
(b) James Fenimore Cooper.
(c) Edgar Allen Poe.
(d) Arthur Miller.
4. Who wrote "When I Was Growing Up"?
(a) Nellie Wong.
(b) Qui Jin.
(c) Rita Dove.
(d) Phillis Wheatley.
5. Who wrote "Wonder Woman"?
(a) Genny Lim.
(b) Kim Chernin.
(c) Hattie Gossett.
(d) Kat Long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator in "Wonder Woman" wonder about the professor's wife?
2. What was the narrator of "Dreams of Violence" awakened by in the writing?
3. What "problem" is addressed in the first section of the book?
4. Why was the author of "La Guera" pulled out of school at the ages of five, seven, nine, and eleven?
5. What must one do to become visible, according to "Invisibility is an Unnatural Disaster: Reflections of an Asian American Woman"?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)