|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Between the Lines: On Culture, Class and Homophobia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "All our saints have a few taints of _________," according to "Millicent Fredericks."
2. According to Cheryl Clarke, of whom are black women envious?
(a) Wealthy women.
(b) Pampered "powder puffs."
(c) Women with morals.
(d) Women whom have made a name for themselves in the white man's world.
3. What is no black person in this country surprised about? (Smith/Smith dialogue)
4. How does Doris Davenport write "women"?
5. Who is quoted at the beginning of the poem "on not bein"?
(a) Marilyn French.
(b) Marleen Barr.
(c) Ntozake Shange.
(d) Sandy Boucher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the subject in the poem, "on not bein," not ever want to be?
2. What author did the narrator from "I Am What I Am" read "thru three or four times"?
3. What book did Naomi Littlebear send to Cherrie Moraga?
4. What "problem" is addressed in the first section of the book?
5. Who wrote "When I Was Growing Up"?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)