|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Between the Lines: On Culture, Class and Homophobia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the "whirring voice" in Rosario Morales' voice inside her head tell her?
(a) "You will do great things."
(b) "Stop. This is not your fight alone."
(c) "The change is comming."
(d) "You don't belong."
2. To whom is Merle Woo's letter written to? (January, 1980)
(a) Her "ma."
(b) Her father.
(c) Her lover.
(d) Her sister.
3. What taught Cherrie Moraga that "we are not human beings"?
(a) Her lesbianism.
(b) Her failure in school.
(c) Her oppression for being female.
(d) Her Chicana heritage.
4. Merle Woo claims that being a Chinese man in America makes the man a victim of _______________.
(a) All races outside of Chinese.
(b) Chinese women.
(c) Sexism and racism.
(d) Mind and body.
5. According to "The Master's Tools Will Never Dismantle The Master's House," what must "divide and conquer" become in the world?
(a) Define and empower.
(b) Educate and categorize.
(c) Stand and fight.
(d) Love and accept.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator of "Wonder Woman" reflect about other women doing the same things as she does?
2. What nationality does the narrator of "I Am What I Am" find funny in the way that they speak?
3. According to a reference to another author in "La Guera," where must one look to find the dream?
4. What is Latin American culture dominated by as related in "But I know You, American Woman"?
5. According to Barbara Smith, what does one woman state as the reason for not watching television?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)