|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Speaking in Tongues: The Third World Woman Writer.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to "The Master's Tools Will Never Dismantle The Master's House," what must "divide and conquer" become in the world?
(a) Love and accept.
(b) Stand and fight.
(c) Educate and categorize.
(d) Define and empower.
2. Why does Chrystos claim that white women are so rarely loyal?
(a) They do not have to be.
(b) No one has shown them loyalty in return.
(c) They do not know how to be.
(d) They think they are above everyone else.
3. According to Judit Moschkovich, what happens when a person denies who they are, where they come from, and how they feel?
(a) They assimilate to the societal constant.
(b) They become hardened against others.
(c) They fail to find a place for themselves.
(d) They end up hating themselves.
4. "We challenge symptoms of the disease while neglecting the _________________," as related in "The Pathology of Racism" by Davenport.
5. Why does Nellie Wong bring up Sylvia Plath and Anne Sexton?
(a) They endorsed her writings.
(b) They are black.
(c) They killed themselves.
(d) They spoke about the women's movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author who was quoted at the beginning of "La Guera" hope that women can make their own?
2. "Light was _________," according to the narrator in "La Guera."
3. Who wrote the book "Bloodroots"?
4. What does Chrystos want to give "you"? ("Ceremony for Completing a Poetry Reading")
5. On what night is Nellie Wong writing a letter to herself?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)